Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:39 am

Post by TDC »

Vote CountPuta Puta (4): ThAdmiral, darkdude, Brain of Wombat, Tarballs
Rage (3): MacavityLock, Korts, gorckat
Brain of Wombat (1): Rage

Not voting (4): Ectomancer, tubby216, Puta Puta, chuckrock
Last edited by TDC on Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brain of Wombat
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Brain of Wombat
Townie
Townie

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Brain of Wombat »

Tarballs wrote: I'm not sure if it was there when you asked it, but the deadline can be found from the title. So, it's December 1st.
Seriously? I did see that but I figured that must be a limiter for the whole game.

A whole month for one day? Seriously? Man, this is gonna be a long game.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Ectomancer »

The days usually get shorter as people die off and you wont always need a deadline. We could vote someone off today if we really wanted to, but in general, a longer day benefits the town.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:58 am

Post by Rage »

First, I'm sick, so I have to keep this short. I'm going to clear my stand on Brain of Wombat up.
Korts wrote:
Rage wrote:Yup, I understood what your view on these events were, but now that you've said that, how is asking one player to claim scummier than asking investigative roles or for a mass claim?
In theory, massclaim is worse. In context, though, considering my point about BoW's possible meta knowledge, and your fairly well-established presence on-site, your action was scummier, because you were trying to force a player to claim with virtually no discussion having happened up until that point.
In context, I asked him to role claim because he asked others to role claim, others which a regular townie could not know exist. He claims regular townie yet he asked investigative roles to claim if they learned anything. This means one of two things.

1) He's a newb and doesn't know the consequences of what he is asking for
2) He's scum trying to out power roles early in the game

I pressured him because not only was it asked in his first post of the game, but because it was asked. I didn't account for how new he was to the site because I've never seen that ploy done before, by anyone, ever, and even then, if he's new, why would he want to attract so much attention to himself? However, now I understand that option-the-first is more likely because he backed down even when others started to stand up for him, but the problem I see with this is that he should still be accountable for his actions. Therefore, I want him to speak up for himself, and not Korts.

Also,
Korts wrote:
Rage wrote:
Korts wrote:BTW, IGMEOY on everyone who jumped on Rage solely for using a quote from Wombat "out of context", since it was obvious he was misusing the phrase. I will look it up later to see who exactly those people are.
I think I will have something to say about this quote when Korts answers my "you think this is scummier than this" question above. For now, though, it seems like you're setting yourself up for a good attack on one of the player's voting for me if I flip Town, but I don't think anything for certain just yet.
Okay, I've answered. Now you answer, how is that not justification for attacking those who voted you solely for that BS reason?
It's entirely justified to me. It just seemed to me that you were setting yourself for attacking whoever was attacking me if I was to be lynched and turn up a certain way. In my position (first most likely candidate to be lynched when this was said) I have to look out for things like this, where I think I see players hinting at what they're going to do if they successfully contribute to my lynch. I point them out now, and then people are less likely to be lead by the players on my lynch afterwards.

@
Anyone
, is there anything else you'd like me to respond to?
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:03 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

Korts wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.
What benefit do you suppose he'd have by breadcrumbing to be scum, of all things?
Perhaps he thinks that is what he is supposed to do...
He's pretty new as well.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by darkdude »

I doubt it. In any case, bringing him closer to a Lynch should teach him otherwise. If he still refuses to cooperate I think it is not a bad idea for the Lynch to fall through.
darkdude
darkdude
Mafia Scum
darkdude
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by darkdude »

My bad, forgot to respond to Rage.

In the case of Rage vs Wombat, I definitely think it is suspicious that Rage attacked a newbie and then later backtracked saying he didn't know Wombat was new. Learning to find people's joining dates isn't hard - it's right under the avatar, and it's one of the first metas I started using when I started playing here. Lots of other players do it too, so I doubt you have not heard of this before. Even with this though, I think from what I know of Rage's meta, he is likely to be town. Rage does not pursue his cases so aggressively when he is scum, but does this all the time as town.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by Rage »

darkdude wrote:I definitely think it is suspicious that Rage attacked a newbie and then later backtracked saying he didn't know Wombat was new.
It's what I attacked him for, not that he may be a newb.

I don't specifically attack new players to see how they might react and then build cases off of it. Even in this situation, I thought I saw Brain of Wombat make a scummy slip and I called him out on it.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:54 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Korts wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Furthermore, on the topic of claims, I am going to have to presume that puta has hinted at his/her claim with the lady macbeth stuff and the violent post about killing ecto's cat, and that he/she/it is somehow involved with the serial killer/mafia.
What benefit do you suppose he'd have by breadcrumbing to be scum, of all things?
Perhaps he thinks that is what he is supposed to do...
He's pretty new as well.
A Momentary Lapse of Reason?

I think the n00b card snaps when stretched that far.
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I don't think there's any reason behind it, but puta insists his posts are hints, and all the hints so far lead to killers.

If they do then he's scum/sk. If they don't he's not in fact utilising any reason/logic and is just being unhelpful. Either way I'm pretty happy with his lynch.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Ectomancer »

I just dont see how breadcrumbing scum (in the opinion of a few) = n00b player.
Unhelpful will have to be judged by whether anyone will decifer the code after Puta dies.
You do realize that death is coming your way Puta? If you are town, arranging for your death on day 1 does not seem to be an optimal play, though I do know of a couple cases where it might. What exactly are you about? Are you trying to get lynched?

Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:51 am

Post by Puta Puta »

Korts wrote:

Puta Puta, you obviously
can
post other than in Shakespeare quotes, as evidenced by multiple of your posts, therefore I'm ruling out post restriction. Thus, PRs not coming into play, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT NOT HINTING AT YOUR ROLE? Unless you're scum, of course.

On a related note, Puta, HOW WOULD YOU FEEL ABOUT ACTUALLY HELPING?
It is not in my nature, and my words do contain some truth, if you dig deep enough.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Korts »

unvote, vote: Puta Puta

Point blank refusal of contribution.
scumchat never die
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Which is not in your nature? Not hinting at your role, or not helping? Also, this looks like a near simulpost, so could you come back and answer the questions that I directed towards you?

Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:59 am

Post by Puta Puta »

“Things fall apart; the center cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world, The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere The ceremony of innocence is drowned; The best lack all conviction, while the worst Are full of passionate intensity”
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:02 am

Post by Puta Puta »

“Which is the best government? That which teaches us to govern ourselves”
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Korts »

William Butler Yeats and Johann Wolfgang Goethe respectively. Puta,
please refrain from talking in quotes
scumchat never die
TDC
TDC
Mafia Scum
TDC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:07 am

Post by TDC »

I've been asked whether the setup might contain any post restrictions. The answer is a clear no.
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:36 am

Post by Puta Puta »

...I confused my roles/game with another one...opsies...anyways I have no problem with dying....
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Korts »

Ok, so what is your opinion of the players? Who do you think is most likely scum?
scumchat never die
Tarballs
Tarballs
Goon
Tarballs
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:47 am

Post by Tarballs »

Puta Puta wrote:...I confused my roles/game with another one...opsies...anyways I have no problem with dying....
Um...

WHAT?!
:shock:
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Puta Puta »

Tarballs wrote:Wow, this sure got to a quick start. I don't think I even need to throw a random vote at all.

I don't like BoW's first post at all. Reeks really scummy, especially for the parts that Rage already highlighted. Second post isn't much better either, as he's basically suggesting a No lynch, which is always a bad idea on day one. However, all of these "mistakes" are pretty common for newbies, so I'm not that convinced that BoW is scum. Might be, but I wouldn't take that chance at this point.

Rage, on the other hand, demanded BoW to role claim
on page one
and has been very aggressive towards him since... well, the beginning. Not a very warm way to welcome a new player. Rage is either a townie who believes that BoW is scum and is trying to push BoW as much as he can to see if BoW cracks under pressure - or a scum that sees BoW as an easy target to be lynched quickly.

Seeing how Rage's bandwagon has already piled up about 4 or 5 votes, I don't think I'm going to vote anyone just yet. Rage is slightly more suspicious than BoW, but I don't want to put anyone too close to a lynch this early. Mistakes can happen and an accidental lynch is something I wouldn't like to see.
you will soon fall off your ass sitting on the damn fence.
FoS
Puta Puta
Puta Puta
Goon
Puta Puta
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Puta Puta »

gorckat wrote:Brain comes off as very newbish.

Rage comes off as someone whose gotten to the point of punishing any non-standard play.

dude comes off as scummy for willingness to vote people without any posts at all. That's not lurking, that's potential flaking. Lurking is scummy, flaking is null.

puta's quote is mildly annoying. I don't have a Cliff Notes to Macbeth.

Tarballs comments around his Rage vote are curious.

And after skim back, Rage's claim call is not cool.

vote: Rage
Tarballs buddy.

GG
chuckrock
chuckrock
Goon
chuckrock
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 7:48 am

Post by chuckrock »

Puta Puta wrote:...I confused my roles/game with another one...opsies...anyways I have no problem with dying....
While you used one of my favorite terms, opsies (i like to add another "O",) I've got to think this is a little hinkie.

It's just another reason for the FOS I already have.

I would like to see you make up for your blunder with some pithy. Give some meat, so far you are quoting dead people. I'd like to see what you think..in the same amount of quoting you've made. You obviously have a shovel. You've been digging. Dig your way out, if you are town. Why are you not scum and who do you think is?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Korts »

Post 121 and 122 are a start, but can you explain
why
you think that based on those quotes?
scumchat never die