Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I never discounted him. I just never named him a suspect.

Vote Count as of post 475

(2)Xtoxm: , Zazier, Knight of Cydonia
(2)Mr_Adams: icemanE, q21
(1)Knight of Cydonia: Xtoxm
(1)ZazieR:, Riceballtail,

Not Voting: chazworthington, Mr_Adams, bionicchop2, Farkshinsoup, G-Force, X

7 votes to lynch.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:43 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

unvote

didn't realize he was being replaced.
http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=115728
http://www.conquerclub.com/static/banner.animated.fgdg.468x60.gif
G-Force
G-Force
Townie
G-Force
Townie
Townie

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:31 am

Post by G-Force »

Vote: Mr_Adams

I realize that newb-scum and newb-town can be hard to tell apart, but I'm leaning toward Adams being the latter. I also think that he'd be a good information lynch. If it comes down to deadline, however, I'd be willing to support the lynch of any of the following players.

In order:
KOC
RBT
Xtoxm
icemanE
G-Force
G-Force
Townie
G-Force
Townie
Townie

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:33 am

Post by G-Force »

EBWOP: Sorry for the typo. I meant that I was leaning toward Adams being the
former
, i.e. newb-scum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Really can't see Adams being scum.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:08 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Also, why is Ice so far down your list? What do you find so stunningly pro-town about TSN's play?
G-Force
G-Force
Townie
G-Force
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 am

Post by G-Force »

The point is that TSN has been absent for a
looong
time, and I'm reluctant to lynch him before giving his replacement a chance to talk.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Why?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:29 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

G-Force, why am I top of your list except for Adams? In fact, can you give any reasoning behind that list order there?
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:32 am

EBWOP - also, why are you reluctant to lynch TSN because of absence? If you had any conviction in the lynch, you'd vote regardless of whether TSN was here or not. Say you want to give him/his replacement a chance just seems like you're trying to appear town, rather than actually acting as town would, and you've put weight behind what, from a read of the first few pages, must look like a fairly safe wagon.
G-Force
G-Force
Townie
G-Force
Townie
Townie

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by G-Force »

@Xtoxm: Because if we lynch someone who we have no read on and very little in the way of voting record, we don't gain that much information from learning their alignment. Also, why is this question directed specifically at me? BC has specifically stated that he does not want to see icemanE lynched as a replacement, Fark and chaz both said that they don't want to rule him out, but do not place him on their list of preferred lynches, and q12 places him on the bottom of his list just as I did. Whe haven't you questioned them about this?

@KOC: The reasoning behind my list:

KOC is at the top because I don't like his position on the two major bandwagons he's been present for (he was V/LA for most of the Zaz wagon). His position on Adams looks like bussing to me. His post 236 in particular looks like he may be trying to coach a buddy. This is one of the reasons I want to lynch Mr_Adams: whether he flips scum or town will provide clues to KOC's alignment (among others). During the Xtoxm wagon, he was pushing for a lynch that I felt was a bad idea while reading. Overall, he just seems overly lynch-happy.

RBT was acting generally lurky and his vote on Zaz looked opportunistic to me.

I don't like the way Xtoxm has been defending Adams, though I find it unlikely that scum would defend their buddy this blatantly on D1. Not leaning too far in either direction on him.

TSN/icemanE I have no opinion on, and I feel that lynching him would yield little information. Still preferable to no-lynch though.
Incidentally, I would like to hear icemanE's thoughts on the current situation.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:09 pm

G-Force, it seems like you're using anything against me - the above post reads like whether Adams flips scum or town, if he is lynched, you'll still use it against me.
And as for my being 'lynch-happy', what on earth are you talking about? We almost certainly have 2 or more scum, so it's not impossible that Adams and Xtoxm are scum.
Add to that I have a town meta of being quite gung-ho and going all-out once I think I've found scum.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:16 am

Post by q21 »

G-Force wrote:...

Also, why is this question directed specifically at me? BC has specifically stated that he does not want to see icemanE lynched as a replacement, Fark and chaz both said that they don't want to rule him out, but do not place him on their list of preferred lynches, and q12 places him on the bottom of his list just as I did. Whe haven't you questioned them about this?

I have to agree with this sentiment. G-Force did pretty much the same thing as 3 other people with respect to TSN/Iceman... why is he the only one taking flak for it.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:31 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

For me, I don't like to start a bandwagon on someone right as they join. If the case on their predecessor was strong enough, a bandwagon should have already been started. If there was an existing bandwagon when they replaced in, I don't mind pressuring them more. I also know TSN flaked in all his games, so it isn't much of a tell.
The above written statement is pro-town.
G-Force
G-Force
Townie
G-Force
Townie
Townie

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:52 am

Post by G-Force »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:G-Force, it seems like you're using anything against me - the above post reads like whether Adams flips scum or town, if he is lynched, you'll still use it against me.
And as for my being 'lynch-happy', what on earth are you talking about? We almost certainly have 2 or more scum, so it's not impossible that Adams and Xtoxm are scum.
Add to that I have a town meta of being quite gung-ho and going all-out once I think I've found scum.
Actually, if Adams flips town, I'd be more inclined to think that you are also town, since the bussing argument vanishes. Also, I'm not familiar with your meta of acting aggressively as town. I'll look over your previous games to double check.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:05 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

mod
- vote count please. If deadline is friday + n we will need to be kept current on votes as much as possible this week. Thanks.

Right now I am going to
vote: Mr_Adams
. Going to reread and see if anything jumps out to me. I agree with whoever said this lynch may be the most informative. I see xtoxm and RBT on equal footing with pretty much no read on either. I remember a few instances where I found KoC scummy, but I can't remember them off the top of my ehad, so that is where I am going to focus my reread.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:04 pm

Post by X »

Mod, prod icemanE
. This is getting ridiculous.

I'm sorry, this was my fault. When I sent him his role PM earlier, for some reason the message didn't actually go through. I believe I have rectified this now.

I think KoC and Adams are both scummy, neither for extremely drastic reasons. I think keeping KoC around longer will be more helpful than keeping Mr_Adams, because KoC has contributed to discussion in more productive way. As in, Mr_Adams could be scum, but if he's town, he's distracting.

This brings him to L-2, which I suggest is all we do until Friday.
Vote: Mr_Adams

On a different note, did anybody look into that game that I mentioned?
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

well, if my lynch is best for the town, so be it. I'll stick with newbie mafias until I get better at this from here on out. The truth of the matter is, I just don't quit get it yet. I mean, I'm not one to judge charecter, but I guess that this game would be a good place to develope that little skill, eh? Maybe by this time next year, I'll actualy be able to help.

until then

vote KoC

still don't like him. something about him yells "SCUM!" Just can't put my finger on it, ya know what I mean?
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

X wrote:
On a different note, did anybody look into that game that I mentioned?
I looked at it, but didn't see any significance and didn't really understand what looking at it would do. That was a themed game with a serial killer, 2 cops, masons and a vigilante. I don't think it even had a miller in it (could be wrong). Other than having multiple cops, I don't know why it was linked.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by X »

bionicchop2 wrote:I looked at it, but didn't see any significance and didn't really understand what looking at it would do. That was a themed game with a serial killer, 2 cops, masons and a vigilante. I don't think it even had a miller in it (could be wrong). Other than having multiple cops, I don't know why it was linked.
Well, 2 masons died N0, so that didn't make a difference in the playing of the game. There was a miller, and the cops used him to determine their own sanities...one was Sane, the other Paranoid. It seems similar, though.

I think someone mentioned this before, probably Xtoxm, but the reason that you test sanity on a claimed miller is because you know how the result should turn out. Either I'm telling the truth and a miller, in which case a guilty should be returned, or I'm lying and scum, in which case a guilty would also be returned.
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by chazworthington »

X wrote: I think KoC and Adams are both scummy, neither for extremely drastic reasons. I think keeping KoC around longer will be more helpful than keeping Mr_Adams, because KoC has contributed to discussion in more productive way. As in, Mr_Adams could be scum, but if he's town, he's distracting.
In that respect though, shouldn't Adams be easier to read than KoC with respect to scum tells and hence should be kept around longer? Just a thought.

Also, I'm the one who suggested testing the cops on the miller. Xtoxm countered by saying they should be tested on a vanilla townie instead.

I'd still like to lynch RBT today. We've got most people talking at this point aside from ice, and I've made the mistake of tolerating this before. I don't like the xtoxm vote. I'm not thrilled with Adams either but could swallow it easier. Agreed that KoC is talking and contributing but I still liked the case against him earlier.

vote: RBT

Also, icemanE is posting in other games and not here. That's a problem.

Would love to hear Zaz's current thoughts on the situation.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:43 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

If testing the cops is a problem, I voluntere. they could all investigate me, then we'd know who's sane, who's not. If you choose not to believe I'm town, I can be lynched tomorow to benifit the town. besides, Istill technicaly win if the town wins in the end, right?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by ZazieR »

I don't think the cops should target the same player. If the scum knows the target they can use it to their own advantage.
Also, I have never played a game with other cops than the sane cop. But if it's mentioned what kind of the cop a player is when he's killed then it doesn't matter who the cops target, right?
If I for example investigate xtoxm, q21 investigates chaz and G-Force KoC and we give our results at the begining of the day then we know which of the results are thrustworthy when the cops our dead if mentioned which kind of cop they were.

But my main point is that the scum can interfere when they know which target the cops are going to investigate.
Ignore the ''R''
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:20 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'm here guys, should be able to catch up and post later today.
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:27 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Sanities don't get revealed on death. Only at endgame.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”