bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:47 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Mr_Adams wrote:Zazzy is L-1. do we really want him lynched? I'll place the lynching vote if the rest of the town wants it, I just think to little has been said to hammer yet.
We are waiting for replacements to have a chance to join and read. That is the only reason I am holding my vote off. I don't think a replacement is going to have much to say which will impact today's lynch, but it can't hurt to wait a few more days.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

ah, yes. Another drw back of being in 2 games at once, I keep forgetting that there are a bunch of replacments to be made... good deal.
http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=115728
http://www.conquerclub.com/static/banner.animated.fgdg.468x60.gif
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by X »

Xtoxm wrote:I said anti-town, not scummy, you are confusing the two.
I thought they were the same...enlighten me.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Scummy - Something that makes you think the person is scum.

Anti-Town - Something that is detrimental to the town.

Something scummy isn't necessarily Anti-Town, and something Anti-Town isn't necessarily scummy, however it is often the case that the two coincide.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

like the ideas of weight and mass. different things, interchangeable.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Well no, but I see where you're coming from.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:19 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

ok, GENERALLY interchangeable. So closely related, that most nobody will correct you.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:40 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I'm pedantic, and i've studied Maths and Physics at a higher level.

You can theoretically have mass without weight, not in reality, but you can't have weight without mass.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:49 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

well, back on topic...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Other than the replacements, I think we've heard from everyone except Fark on the recent occurances.

Perhaps he wants to concede his position.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:30 am

Post by X »

Thanks for the clarification. It makes more sense now.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:52 am

Post by ZazieR »

So what does the town loses if both cops stay alive this night? In most games there's a mafia roleblocker. Let's assume that there's one. If I'm lynched, it seems very likely that the mafia roleblocker will target q21 if he's a cop. And town has lost both investigation roles until the roleblocker is killed or until the doc ,if we have one, is killed.

But if both me and q21 can investigate, the scum needs to choose which of us will be roleblocked and which will be killed. If done correctly, we'll end up in the situation above. If not, we will have two results. If you lynch me then for some reason, you'll at least know if someone is innocent or guilty.

If you still decide to lynch me now, then I hope that you won't lynch q21 the next day. It seems likely that he's telling the truth. Especially Bionicchop2 should know that the town shouldn't lynch the second cop too hasty.
That's all that I have to say right now. I can't defend myself as I have explained everything of which you attacked me and I can't work on any cases as nobody is willing to answer my questions.
Ignore the ''R''
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:25 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Have I been replaced? If you haven't found one, mod, I'm back.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:48 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

I'm pretty sure that Zazier is scum. I did a quick search of the game that zazier mentioned in post 384 (Page 16). Here it is.

That game did have 2 cops, but it was a mini-theme, not a mini-normal. I think Zazier was hoping to appeal to bionic, who was in that game with him, when the inevitable counter claim landed. Seems very unlikely that we have 2 cops here, more likely Zaz-scum threw a hail mary.

Up until the cop claims, I was reading Q21 as pro-town, and I had a null read on zazier, so I have no qualms about voting for Zaz. Pretty much just waiting for our replacements to weigh in.

As much as it hurts me to say this, I find it unlikely that Xtoxm-scum would have replaced into the game and immediately gone after Zazier-scum, who wasn't on anyone's radar at that point. Would have made more sense to just jump on the Adam's wagon.

Doesn't mean that I've found your play to be very pro-town, though. A few less ad hominem attacks would be helpful. What was the difference between scummy and anti-town again?
"This is one of the best posts I have ever seen on this site. Congrats on being so logical, Fark." - Alabaska J
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:54 am

Post by ZazieR »

That game was just to show that it happens in games. Also town lost there as they didn't expect that there were two cops. That's what I was trying to point out.

Also, you don't have to think about 'Xtoxm not scum, because of ZazieR' as that won't happen.
Ignore the ''R''
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:17 am

Post by X »

Knight of Cydonia wrote:Have I been replaced? If you haven't found one, mod, I'm back.
No - and we await your analysis.

I still think ZazieR is scum, but I also want to see answers to her questions.
FoS: bionicchop2, Mr_Adams, Xtoxm
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:19 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

X wrote:
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Have I been replaced? If you haven't found one, mod, I'm back.

You want me to re-answer the question I already answered? Or would you just prefer to do a better job of reading the thread?
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Riceballtail »

I really don't like the idea of two cops in a normal. I'm fairly sure one of them is fake. I'm still leaning on Zaz being the fake, as Q21 has still acted more townie than scum.
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:43 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

X wrote:

what questions are these? do you mind restating your questions Zazzy?
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:43 am

Post by X »

I would like you to answer the questions you haven't already answered, from post 201:
ZazieR wrote:Bionicchop2, his reason why he voted Chaz:
BC2 wrote:My thoughts against (and vote for) Chaz were based mostly on the assumption Mr_Adams was town. There was a decent case against him, but the vote by Chaz was leaning me against him actually being scum. Since then, Mr_Adams has done a few scummy things - namely conceding to a lynch and lack of scum hunting. I decided to put him closer to a lynch and gauge how he reacted (as well as others).
I hope you understand why I didn't like this action. You voted someone as you assumed that Adams was town and Chaz was just voting the player with the biggest wagon. But later, you saw that Adams was acting scummy. So I didn't see the point in voting Chaz.
Also, you said that I was one of your alternate suspects.
-Who are the others?
-Why did you wait with building a case against me?
Actually, you have made it somewhat clear about who the other suspects are. So that one is only if you want to clarify.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:50 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

I actually don't like either of those questions, especially coming from somebody who I think is scum. I outline my suspects as I see them and have been leaning more towards only stating the top 1 or 2 suspects as to not give scum ideas on who to kill / not kill at night.

As for 'building a case', that is a completely loaded question. The question makes it seem like I am stockpiling quotes waiting until I have enough to frame somebody as scum. When I am suspicious of someone's actions, I state it. If it is based on lack of productive activity, then naturally it would occur later as opposed to sooner.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:50 am

Post by X »

Simulposting...and the questions that I'm interested in of you, Mr_Adams, are:
ZazieR wrote:Adams, voted X based upon a hunch.
I also don't like his reason for his vota against KoC. He gave as reason that KoC asked for more votes against Adams. This was said after he did his analysis and noticed that KoC wasn't analysed by him yet. But when I went back, I saw that Adams 'voted' KoC in post 83, while KoC wants more votes in post 98. This was when Adams was at L-3.
So Adams, why did you vote KoC?
About your analysis:
-What do you think in general about farkshin?
-Is there any other reason why you think Chaz is more likely scum than town, besides him saying "you haven't answered my question"?
-Why is TSN suspicious, but Y.C. not?
-What are your thoughts about the posts from X?
You "explained" your vote on KoC in 231, but I don't call that explaining. All questions stand.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:59 am

Post by X »

bionicchop2 wrote:As for 'building a case', that is a completely loaded question. The question makes it seem like I am stockpiling quotes waiting until I have enough to frame somebody as scum.
You mean, "waiting to build a case," makes it loaded. The way you answer that question is by saying, "I didn't, shown by the fact that I..." (or "I did, because..."). Just because the wording isn't to your liking doesn't prevent you from answering it.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:30 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

ZazieR wrote:Adams, voted X based upon a hunch.
I also don't like his reason for his vota against KoC. He gave as reason that KoC asked for more votes against Adams. This was said after he did his analysis and noticed that KoC wasn't analysed by him yet. But when I went back, I saw that Adams 'voted' KoC in post 83, while KoC wants more votes in post 98. This was when Adams was at L-3.
So Adams, why did you vote KoC?
About your analysis:
-Is there any other reason why you think Chaz is more likely scum than town, besides him saying "you haven't answered my question"?
-What are your thoughts about the posts from X?

Scum posing as town by protecting town, or town protecting scum by mistake, or town rightfully protecting town.

Yes, but they're all reasons to dislike him in general, not in this particular game.

To be honest, I guess at that point I just had generally negative opinions on all people who had voted for me. TSN had voted for me as part of the big bandwagon, so I looked at him with a negative pretence.

-What are your thoughts about the posts from X

very town, just to aggressive. wouldn't get along with him IRL, but for this game, it's good.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:31 pm

Post by bionicchop2 »

X wrote:
bionicchop2 wrote:As for 'building a case', that is a completely loaded question. The question makes it seem like I am stockpiling quotes waiting until I have enough to frame somebody as scum.
You mean, "waiting to build a case," makes it loaded. The way you answer that question is by saying, "I didn't, shown by the fact that I..." (or "I did, because..."). Just because the wording isn't to your liking doesn't prevent you from answering it.
No, I mean 'building a case', which is what I said. Scum build cases on town players IMO.

And yes, if I think a question is really pointless, I certainly can choose not to answer it. I generally will if a person rarely posts, throws out a random question and then disappears for another couple of days.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”