Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:55 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

TownieYou are an ordinary
Mafioso
, you've been out of the business so long, you can't even shoot a gun, and your only power is to vote every day. You win with the
Mafioso
when all threats are eliminated.
  • -Nameless, Camn, DraketheFake, Stormer, SpyreX

MasonYou are a
Mafioso Mason
with
#####
, you have no other powers except your vote and knowing that your partner is Mafioso. You win with the
Mafioso
  • -Charter, Kmd4390

CopYou are a
Mafioso Cop
, you were hired by the Don secretly, and in addition to voting every day, each night you can investigate anyone, and you will return with either
mafia
or
town
, you never liked anyone else in this town, but you still don't want to die. You win with the
Mafioso
  • -Porkens
    JDodge

RoleblockerYou are a
Mafioso Morphine Doctor
, in addition to voting each day, you've long been convinced that the citizens need to be controlled for their own good, as such you will pump someone full of morphine each night, making them completely useless for the night. You can't target yourself, because you are afraid of getting addicted to the morphine, again. You win with the
Mafioso
  • -melikefood
Mod Note: Role block, flavoured, named, Doc.

GodfatherYou are a
Town Godfather
, you appear mafia to all investigations, due to being a politician, and you work with your friends, one of whom is a
Town Goon, #####
, and one of whom is a
Town Watcher, #####
. Too long the
Mafioso
have been traveling from town to town, unabated, you have taken it into your own hands to fix this problem. Each night you collectively choose one person from your group to make a kill. You win with the
Town
  • -Rishi

Mafia WatcherYou are a
Town Watcher
, too long the
Mafioso
have been traveling from town to town, unabated,
you, the Town Goon, #####
, and your
Town Godfather, Rishi
have taken it into your own hands to fix this problem. Each night you collectively choose one person from your group to make a kill. You are also able to watch a player each night, which will tell you whether or not they used an ability that night. You win with the
Town
  • -Stef

Mafia GoonYou are a
Town Goon
, too long the
Mafioso
have been traveling from town to town, unabated, you, the
Town Watcher, Stef
, and your
Town Godfather, Rishi
have taken it into your own hands to fix this problem. Each night you collectively choose one person from your group to make a kill. You win with the
Town
  • -ZazieR
    Malyss

Night One:
  • melikefood blocks Porkens
    Porkens investigated Kmd4390
    ZazieR kills DraketheFake
    Stef watches Rishi
Night Two:
  • melikefood blocks Rishi
    ZazieR kills melikefood
    Stef watches Nameless
Night Three:
  • ZazieR kills SpyreX
    Stef does nothing
Night Four:
  • Stef kills camn
Last edited by Lord Gurgi on Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:57 am

Post by ZazieR »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Stef kills camn
Stef wanted to kill her so badly :D. That's why I gave him the honour of killing camn ;)
Ignore the ''R''
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

From my perspective, I saw this game going way down hill starting Day Two. This game had two self-hammers, and melikefood hurt more than he helped, as far as power role-ing goes. Credit to camn, for calling the scum that well, too bad nobody listened to what you think. The masons got so caught up in their confirmation, that they ignored what every one else had to say. It was pretty clean on the side of the Town.

Notes: I will never run anti-fa again. I will never run a mini normal again (too restrictive).

Other than that, some comments on my modding would be nice, the setup wasn't very original, but I can promise more original setups in the future.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:08 am

Post by ZazieR »

Your stories were great. Although I would have liked it more if me killing KMD had more violence in it. He deserved it :D.
Don't ever do anti-fa ever again. It was fun for once, but to keep thinking in my head to write 'majority' and 'minority' instead of town and scum was difficult. But I enjoyed it and I'm glad I replaced.

Camn did indeed a good job. I am also in favor for using gut more than evidence. Especially shown with Charter and Stormer in this game. I was actually glad that they couldn't convince the others :D.

But I'll try to keep one spot open for your next game LG. This one was fun to play. I want to see an original game from you :).
Ignore the ''R''
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:23 am

Post by SpyreX »

LG,

You were on the ball modding. No bugs, no waiting. I'd play in your games anytime.

Of course, the flavor I dont think is a culprit.

For the record, Masons are NOT some kind of super power role. Just because you know you have someone else that knows your alignment does NOT give a reason to play like you two did. We would have been far, far better off just lynching one of you - because, surprise, surprise - Porkens, Nameless and I were all town like I called. MLF was so retarded that I had swung to him defintiely being town (especially with what Rishi said). So, with one of you two gone that would have dropped it to... Camn, Stef and Zazier.

I think at that point we would have had it.

So, I get to mark my first loss. :( Boo
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:33 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Camn, nice call on the scum. Small tip, push your point a little more.

ZazieR, I've revised the Gambit so that I only use it if there is an actual wagon, and it leads to a lynch. It will be a real case on someone who I think is scum, and after they flip town, I'll analyze the wagon. It's more of a strategy than a Gambit that way, but hey, it seems more effective that way. But, yeah, I look forward to playing more games with you and everyone else in this game. Congrats on the win.

Stef, why did you watch Rishi Night 1?

LG, I liked the setup and the game in general. Thanks for modding.

Spy, that's my playstyle. Aggressive and show my points. It helps after I die. My ideas get out, and I'm usually NK'd for it. A smart town will see my ideas after I am NK'd and use them to lynch the scum I caught. Too bad I didn't catch any scum this game.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:08 am

Post by SpyreX »

I've got nothing wrong with aggressive. It quickly degraded to bull-headed stubbornness. I KNEW that you two were going to end up town, but... every bit of me screamed scum because of the play. Especially Charter.

I tried to kill Rishi off the bat and he, in essence, didn't have to defend himself because you two were always there to step up.

As masons, the idea is to be confirmed town towards lylo. Not appear to all as a ballsy scum-pair. So, if that happens again, just sack one. Force the scum to NK you and let the Cop get an invest. Or, let them hunt for the cop and leave you for a confirmed.

You two played like survival was more important than the win. :P Thats not good for anyone.
Show

Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:20 am

Post by charter »

Bah. I feel like everyone who was town played horribly in the game, myself included. Good game scum! Thanks for hosting LG, it turned quite interesting there around massclaim time.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:22 am

Post by ZazieR »

But did you actually explain why you thought my claim was horrible Charter?
Ignore the ''R''
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:26 am

Post by charter »

It was extremely half assed, you didn't really seem to know what you were claiming. I think there was a sample pm on the front page, but you just said mafioso, not vanilla or nothing. Generally weak claims are made by scum, partially why I believe Rishi.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:06 am

Post by camn »

@ KMD.. I get a giggle whenever I think back to day 1.. that Stef actually WAS scum. Its amazing.

And I know I should push more.. but this game had a LOT of pushing, and I didn't have a terrible amount of time.....

I figured that IF I got killed after our nolynch, that would at least throw a LITTLE pressure on the Lurker-Duo!
I can't figure out why you were so hell-bent on Nameless. He wasn't acting that scummy, and even if he WAS scum, there still was his partner out there, needing to be lynched..................

and, Zazie, I DO accept. But why did Stef want to kill me so bed? Because I saw through him day 1?

c
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Porkens »

*sigh*

Nameless, I thought you played well before lylo, I even thought you might be a mastermind scum. Again, too fixated on the mason/scum pair to notice the other 3 skating along.

Charter/KMD; I stick by what I said earlier about outing eachother being a bad play. Echoing what SpyreX said, too, about survival /> win

I can't give the scum TOO much credit in this game, other than kudos for stepping back and letting the town eat itself.

LG, a very well-run game, I'd /pre-in for anything you'd run next.

Thanks everyone!
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 11:37 am

Post by Nameless »

Kmd4390 wrote:I'd suggest this. When there are 2 possibilites (masons vs. others), and it's LYLO, be open to both possibilities.
I was, exactly until Charter's play descended until an even lower level of
awful
with his explanation for suspecting Rishi. :?

Seriously, Charter, you need to justify yourself more often and scream wild exaggerations less.
Lord Gurgi wrote:Other than that, some comments on my modding would be nice, the setup wasn't very original, but I can promise more original setups in the future.
Your modding was fine, and the flavour text was fun ... but yes, typing 'majority' or 'innocent' instead of 'townie' gets a little annoying after a while.
camn wrote:I can't figure out why you were so hell-bent on Nameless
LOL, I kind of invited that. :lol:

I think we can safely chalk this loss up mostly to Charter and I rather than any particularly cunning actions from the scum.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by charter »

Nameless. You're looking for some set in stone proof someone is scum. Guess what, that doesn't happen unless you have some investigative roles. I play by actually looking for things that someone does that would benefit scum, not behavior labeled as scummy by MS as a whole. I do plenty of that generally accepted scummy behavior myself all the time regardless of my role, just because I do that doesn't make me scum.

There was no one on the town's side that played very well this game. It wasn't just me and you. I'd say Drake did the best, maybe Camn, but we as a whole, sucked.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by JDodge »

charter wrote:Nameless. You're looking for some set in stone proof someone is scum. Guess what, that doesn't happen unless you have some investigative roles. I play by actually looking for things that someone does that would benefit scum, not behavior labeled as scummy by MS as a whole. I do plenty of that generally accepted scummy behavior myself all the time regardless of my role, just because I do that doesn't make me scum.

There was no one on the town's side that played very well this game. It wasn't just me and you. I'd say Drake did the best, maybe Camn, but we as a whole, sucked.
Pfft. My one post def. puts me in the top three.

But that's not saying much.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

Reading Day 2 of this game had me in stitches, so badly that I almost broke the rule and posted. I was honored to be the N1 kill, as that was my first time (I mean, also pissed, because I could have seen Rishi coming a mile off, but still honored). I still can't believe the town somehow got Porkens lynched rather than Rishi upon the counter-claim, but hey, that's how skilled scum players roll.

Also: SpyreX, I'm pretty sure that loss should go in your "Scum" column :-P
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Spy, I thought Rishi was cop before anyone claimed. That was my screw-up. I didn't care about surviving though. I thought that was obvious. I was more than willing to die for the town.

Camn, yeah, I should have just gotten Stef lynched Day 1. My bad. I went after Nameless because he was voting Charter. It wouldn't have gone to a lynch if he unvoted. I was basically an "It's LYLO, so I can OMGUS for my town mason buddy" vote. If he was town at that point, we'd have already lost because the scum could come in and both vote Charter for the win. If he was scum, we'd have had him. I figured it was a fair vote. Risky, but not as risky as voting anyone else at that point. It looked like a move that we needed, but only if he unvoted. Not trying to pin the loss on Nameless, just that was my thought process at the end of the game.

Nameless, toward the end especially, you could have still made it clear that you suspected the masons without voting yet. We had time to discuss before deadline. Even if you feel very strongly one way, still try to be open to the other possibility.

Charter, I'd argue that Spy played well. What I thought was fishing at the time was what led to the Rishi lynch. He forced the double cop claim. That was about the only high point for us in this game.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by JDodge »

Kmd4390 wrote:Camn, yeah, I should have just gotten Stef lynched Day 1. My bad. I went after Nameless because he was voting Charter. It wouldn't have gone to a lynch if he unvoted. I was basically an "It's LYLO, so I can OMGUS for my town mason buddy" vote. If he was town at that point, we'd have already lost because the scum could come in and both vote Charter for the win. If he was scum, we'd have had him. I figured it was a fair vote. Risky, but not as risky as voting anyone else at that point. It looked like a move that we needed, but only if he unvoted. Not trying to pin the loss on Nameless, just that was my thought process at the end of the game.
Scum generally can't coordinate a quicklynch in an instant. So no, you could afford to leave Nameless. You essentially lost the entire game for the town in the name of OMGUS because (as it went with the entire game) you had your head so far up your ass about your own masonry that you ignored logic and reason.
stream

camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:07 pm

Post by camn »

Whoa.

</keanu>
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:55 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Reading Day 2 of this game had me in stitches, so badly that I almost broke the rule and posted. I was honored to be the N1 kill, as that was my first time (I mean, also pissed, because I could have seen Rishi coming a mile off, but still honored). I still can't believe the town somehow got Porkens lynched rather than Rishi upon the counter-claim, but hey, that's how skilled scum players roll.

Also: SpyreX, I'm pretty sure that loss should go in your "Scum" column Razz
Hey now. I had Rishi pegged AND was sure of Porkens and Nameless so if the brothers McAwesome had just went "Well, we sure dicked this mason claim up, lets sac one so the town doesn't eat itself."

So, I'm not puttin this down as scum. :P I -should- have fought harder to lynch Rishi over Porkens but at that point I was so angry that it didn't matter. I figured it'd come down to about exactly what it did.
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

And, AGAIN - I can't be rolefishing if you guys offer "secret information". Porkens made an obvious slip and was a power role, Rishi set himself up to counterclaim and you two... I'll still never understand it.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by Porkens »

At least SpyreX has a loss now. That's worth everything else.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:51 pm

Post by Nameless »

Ah, one more thing that's been bugging me ...
SpyreX wrote:I KNEW that you two were going to end up town, but... every bit of me screamed scum because of the play. Especially Charter.
Okay, out of some meager desire to upgrade my scumdar to "on", what was it that you saw in Kmd/Charter that made you KNOW they were going to end up town? All I could really see was bad play followed by bad explanations. :? (Compared to, like, no particular feeling on Zazier. Which in retrospect should have tipped me off somewhat by the last couple of days, but I still saw Charter as a far better lynch because of it.)
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:43 am

Post by JDodge »

Nameless wrote:Ah, one more thing that's been bugging me ...
SpyreX wrote:I KNEW that you two were going to end up town, but... every bit of me screamed scum because of the play. Especially Charter.
Okay, out of some meager desire to upgrade my scumdar to "on", what was it that you saw in Kmd/Charter that made you KNOW they were going to end up town? All I could really see was bad play followed by bad explanations. :? (Compared to, like, no particular feeling on Zazier. Which in retrospect should have tipped me off somewhat by the last couple of days, but I still saw Charter as a far better lynch because of it.)
Scum don't play badly. Scum play scummily. Bad play often looks scummy. Etc.
stream

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Rishi »

Ha. Victory.

On the day that I knew I was going to die, we set up the kills for the rest of the game. We figured that Kmd/charter/Nameless was a mislynch waiting to happen. I think it was a little risky to leave both masons alive, since Kmd and charter would never vote each other, but it seemed like our best shot to leave that argument alive.

I can't believe you guys gave Zazie a free pass for lurking.

As for my play, I'm not sure how I came across as so scummy on Day 1. (That's why Stef watched me on Night 1 - figured that I was likely to be targeted by the cop.) I'm usually better than that, though I haven't played that many games as scum. Since I knew I was going to go down, so I set up the cop fakeclaim early on Day 2. I figured that I could force the cop to counterclaim and then Stef/Zazie would kill the cop. The fact that you guys lynched the cop instead of me was insane.

Anyway, thanks for the game Lord Gurgi. The flipped faction thing was annoying, but otherwise, I think you did a great job. Fun game, all. Props to my scumbuddies - you guys did well.

And, camn, I hope that we can move past this. I apologize for deceiving you. Perhaps you can give me your phone number and I can explain further?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”