Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2725 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:55 am

Post by Yeet »

I don’t townread this slot and honestly I’m sort of running out of places I want to vote.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2726 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:56 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2727, Yeet wrote:I don’t townread this slot and honestly I’m sort of running out of places I want to vote.
are too many of them your partners?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2727 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:56 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2706, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 242, Cape90 wrote:This is where I am at right now. I think I have too many town reads

town:

Frogsterking - , , , ,

light town:

skitter30 - . . bottom part sticks out a lot
Aristeia - felt genuine. Voting monkey is good :).
fireisredsir - seems to take a little too for granted. .
DeasVail - , , for this last one, I think trying to randomly convince another person of a townread you have is town+.
GeneralWu

null:

Datisi (I will try again later idk),

light mafia:

tenebrousluminary - just has a tone about it that I think looks not so great.

mafia:

humaneatingmonkey
In post 792, Cape90 wrote:
In post 348, Datisi wrote: makes me like fire and dislike frogs, mostly the townread on generalwu for those posts is questionable
False

both players look good off of that post.

Fire doesn't see it as a sort of joke read as I initially did.

Frogs somehow justifies this read GeneralWu as like "Huh do you mind elaborating why maf have more motivation to make friends than town?" which feels like such a stretch that it just wounds up being a towny stretch.
In post 1246, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1242, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1224, Cape90 wrote:
In post 740, Nordom wrote:Wu needs to step the fuck up and start contributing to the game.
Okay coach. Make sure to tell him in your little "neighborhood" ;)
VOTE: Cape

This seems sus for reasoning I think the foundation for will be apparent. Not sure how to explain it yet but I am hoping my wording will evolve into something people can understand.
Both I believe are a bit strange for different reasons, definitely would flip Nord over Wu, but I do kinda think Wu just kinda has been a nonpresence in the game.
In post 2435, Cape90 wrote:I think that is an odd thing to comment on about the hood that they are not even a part of. Maybe they are trying to cool the discussion of this or just flat out know all 4 of us are town. Either way it feels like pretty empty speculation.

VOTE: GeneralWu

Latest postings from Eyes has been decent. I kinda like the double down on a... very meh post admittedly in . I also kinda like . I think General is a stronger vote then this and definitely Yeet
In post 2436, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1606, GeneralWu wrote:Also, fireisredsir defended me for a time, right?
this also looks like a WIFOM attempt at a frame job if General flips red
In post 2437, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1488, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 1483, MathBlade wrote:I think you are scum as people are defending you by attacking me versus explaining why they TR you.
You know, I think this might mean that some people defending me are scum.
There is also this which is pretty similar and is a bit generalized too
Here is Cape's full progression on Wu.

Has him as a light town read early on. Defends him a bit. Says he's been a nonpresence. Then votes him and gives three posts of reasoning why.

Like, I would totally buy "eh, I just wanted to end the day." The over explanation of the vote stinks. The progression of the read stinks. The not asking for a claim before hammering in a day when PRs got run up stinks.

Cape can go on and on about "VP is mean and has an agenda", but the facts are in Cape's posts and vote. That has nothing to do about agenda and if he was town, he'd spend his time explaining his thought process and reasoning rather than trying to shade me and act like he's a victim.
I am more mean. I have no soul.

Anyways, I just kinda wasn't here most of the time, I thought they looked towny early on and then they dropped off.

also literally isn't directly about Wu. I was referring to fire and frogs there, probably should have clarified.

Okay so I call Wu a "nonpresence" that isn't exactly the amazing townread you think it is and Mathblade literally became the towniest of the towns so... oh I was also pushing Nordom you ask before Wu, which... actually makes sense? Amazing.

Those 2 bottom posts were pretty classic scum posts if you ask me. "The people defending me are scum" type of post isn't a sentiment that sits right with me.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2728 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:57 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2728, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 2727, Yeet wrote:I don’t townread this slot and honestly I’m sort of running out of places I want to vote.
Do you have a real question for me?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2729 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:58 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2726, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2675, Cape90 wrote:Yeah, I was never directly reached out about that. Maybe you should have literally asked me, especially if you think I am mafia for doing so, I am right there I literally can respond to you.
Oh yeah totally....
In post 2595, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2590, Yeet wrote:VOTE: Cape90 Let’s start with this greedy hammer vote. Sure it could be town miscounting but scum could totally use that as an excuse. I am unhappy that instead of running Wu up, we ended up straight hammering him, and I have seen scum just go for the kill because wifom. Why Cape is getting zero scrutiny is shocking to me.Plus they are in a hood with VP and Nero and skitter who I all believe to be stronger town than Cape atm.
VOTE: cape

Gonna be a min before I can catch up but this was also my read overnight.

Cape, can you explain how you went from calling Wu town to hammering him?

Also, why did you keep explaining your vote after you hammered?
OH SHIIIIIII......
In the neighborhood you circus performer
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2730 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:58 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2721, Yeet wrote:Wanting to move the game is not the same as wanting D1 to be over immediately.
You were literally in agreement with a post earlier in the game that said it was bad for the game to reach 100-odd pages without getting to a conclusion. If you were fine with dragging the game out longer at a later point that's a clear and deliberate shift.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2731 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:59 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2730, Yeet wrote:
Do you have a real question for me?
no i just wanted to see how you would respond (:
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2732 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:00 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2729, Cape90 wrote:Okay so I call Wu a "nonpresence" that isn't exactly the amazing townread you think it is
What I'm saying is that before that point you never expressed any interest whatsoever in voting Wu. You didn't push him on the previous wagons. You barely acknowledged his existence other than a light town read and a mild defense in a separate argument.

Why did you not ask him to claim before your hammer? This is the third (?) time I've asked. Did you answer that and I missed it?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2733 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:01 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I'm also unsure how a player who was basically making absolute claims on who was mafia about two hours into the game is now completely stumped as to who to vote for over 2,000 posts into the game with a multitude of interactions to base their views on. They also conveniently haven't actually presented a scum-case for me at all because they presumably don't have one and feel their suspicions need to go somewhere. Yeet's early approach is still making me wary to be completely certain about their mafia leanings but it's looking more and more convincing, their entire style and approach has increasingly changed as the game has gone on.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2734 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:01 am

Post by fireisredsir »

i genuinely think that town overall is being towny here to the point where scum is running out of places to push, and i think a few people have expressed that sentiment lately and i expect at least one of them to be scum just being honest
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2735 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Yeet »

Hm, actually I can see why you think that. I don’t actually 100% agree with Baltar’s statement, I’m not really sure why I quoted it as if I completely agreed. I probably looked for the part that I cared about which is “consolidating as fast as possible” and the fact that we had the same stance. Anyway, the explanation I actually give in the post is what I care about.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2736 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:02 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2731, Cape90 wrote:In the neighborhood you circus performer
why would I ask you in the neighborhood instead of in the thread? This is much easier and more transparent.
YOUR AD HERE

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2737 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:03 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2736, fireisredsir wrote:i genuinely think that town overall is being towny here to the point where scum is running out of places to push, and i think a few people have expressed that sentiment lately and i expect at least one of them to be scum just being honest
I could’ve just picked a side for either the skitter fight or the cape fight, I don’t think it would’ve been that hard to justify.

And if you think townies are being so townie too why can’t I think the same thing…
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2738 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2735, MalcolmTucker wrote:
I'm also unsure how a player who was basically making absolute claims on who was mafia about two hours into the game is now completely stumped as to who to vote for over 2,000 posts into the game with a multitude of interactions to base their views on. They also conveniently haven't actually presented a scum-case for me at all because they presumably don't have one and feel their suspicions need to go somewhere. Yeet's early approach is still making me wary to be completely certain about their mafia leanings but it's looking more and more convincing, their entire style and approach has increasingly changed as the game has gone on.
Information has changed since 2 hours into the game, funnily enough. And that was early game.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2739 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:04 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2736, fireisredsir wrote:i genuinely think that town overall is being towny here to the point where scum is running out of places to push, and i think a few people have expressed that sentiment lately and i expect at least one of them to be scum just being honest
Who else has expressed that sentiment and why are you singling me out?
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2740 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2679, Yeet wrote:HEM is alive?
HEM was my mason buddy
He left me his reads.
I am using them as a start point
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2741 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:06 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Are we not listening to VP.? Your reads and stances aren't supposed to change. It's like you're playing the game or something.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2742 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:07 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2743, Nero Cain wrote:Are we not listening to VP.? Your reads and stances aren't supposed to change. It's like you're playing the game or something.
I am more wondering why a Scorpious wagon hasn’t taken off when I voted him and it was buried by posts
Where as a Wu one did yesterday

*thinking emoji here*
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2743 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:07 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 2740, Yeet wrote:
In post 2735, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Information has changed since 2 hours into the game, funnily enough. And that was early game.
What fundamentally changed though? It's largely been acknowledged that a lot of fairly useless posts were made at around the middlepoint of turn one and that for a while the game wasn't necessarily going anywhere. By the time Cape hammered it was increasingly apparent no other consensus wagon was likely to follow. Like, you were on that wagon, despite - so far as I can remember, please correct me if wrong - not exactly being all gungho for Wu yourself. I still don't see why it was suddenly a good thing from your POV and from VP's POV for the game to be stretching on when early you were clearly keen on getting wagons going.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2744 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:08 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

It feels like at least one of VP and Yeet is scum in this interaction.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2745 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:09 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2544, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2536, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, can't we just vote in the hood?
Mainly I don’t want to rush this day as I want to see Human’s reads and give a last will of sorts since I am probably dying. Got a lot of slots to sort and would prefer this go slower not faster (another reason wagon looks SvS between the two)
Did you and HEM have any good thoughts overnight that are worth sharing? Who do you think is suspicious on the Wu wagon?
YOUR AD HERE

MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2746 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2746, tenebrousluminary wrote:It feels like at least one of VP and Yeet is scum in this interaction.
Maybe. What are your thoughts on Scorpious?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2747 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:09 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2705, Cape90 wrote:not sure how much playing of mafia since 2008 has helped him, like come on, I was a literal child back then
this made me realize that some people here have probs been playing mafia since before i was born and that is kinda terrifying
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #2748 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:09 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 2747, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2544, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2536, Nero Cain wrote:I mean, can't we just vote in the hood?
Mainly I don’t want to rush this day as I want to see Human’s reads and give a last will of sorts since I am probably dying. Got a lot of slots to sort and would prefer this go slower not faster (another reason wagon looks SvS between the two)
Did you and HEM have any good thoughts overnight that are worth sharing? Who do you think is suspicious on the Wu wagon?
I am trying not to be rah rah rah tunnel math

We do agree Scorpious needs to do something
GTKAS -- MathBlade
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2749 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:10 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 2748, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2746, tenebrousluminary wrote:It feels like at least one of VP and Yeet is scum in this interaction.
Maybe. What are your thoughts on Scorpious?
I gave an opinion on him a few posts ago. Light town because I think scum would stop the line of posting he's made upon observing that no one likes it.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”