Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2671, Save The Dragons wrote:holy crap i thought i posted more in this game 22 posts wow i'm probably scum
On the bright side at least you're winning the 1v1 with April.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2660, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2652, MalcolmTucker wrote:without fully sticking to it, and there's a case to be made this is what happened
I don't know why I have to "stick" with a read. There was evidence presented that he might have been more in his town meta than his scum meta and that certainly influenced me.
I personally prefer someone to be open to changing reads then stuck with one,it elminates bias.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:20 am

Post by Yeet »

HEM is alive?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2676, MathBlade wrote:
In post 2669, Yeet wrote:Cape your hammer is not NAI because there is obvious scum motivation to do it.
If anything because it has hyperlinks it was not a planned hammer so lean more town
Hyperlinks?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2669, Yeet wrote:Cape your hammer is not NAI because there is obvious scum motivation to do it.
You... realize you were the counterwagon don't you.

If you think about that and you are town, now my scum motivation becomes

to end the day quicker.

By whatever Wu was doing, I really doubt the threadstate would have changed that much within those 2 days or whatever it was that we had left.

I apologize that you are either scum or not using your brain. Now anyway scum sheeped you, what do you do?
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2674, Save The Dragons wrote:re: the hood - i have at least a light town read on everyone, is it possible it's pure? i'll reassess and see if i change my mind.
Yeah maybe, although cape is a ??? For me rn
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2676, MathBlade wrote:
If anything because it has hyperlinks it was not a planned hammer so lean more town
what are you even talking about
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Yeet »

I had 3 votes on me at the time. That’s hardly a counterwagon
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:24 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2675, Cape90 wrote:Uh oh, now it just sounds like you have an agenda neighbor!
You made that giant post after I called you out and you don't actually vote me?

Who you calling a coward?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:25 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 2673, MathBlade wrote:I think tene Scorpious and April should give reads and do things
Huh? Me? I'm playing.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Yeet »

You know an apology for “miscounting” would go a long way. You haven’t shown any regret for quick hammering.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:25 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 2675, Cape90 wrote:This game is really just that easy
Well then the other one better be scum since its so easy .. Cause I ain't

VOTE: VP Baltar
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Cape90 »

Alright cool that's the response I needed to make sure I am not pulling a Datisi.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:27 am

Post by VP Baltar »

For the record, I made a post last night about 30 mins before deadline expired calling out Cape because I didn't want my actual thoughts on the game to go to the grave with me. I figured if I ate a vig shot or something, at least someone who is town could carry on my concerns today.

Judging by the size and extent of that post Cape just made, it seems clear to me he started writing that response about at that point knowing I was going to come out of the gates at him today. The fact there is no vote there on a giant wall case makes no sense.
YOUR AD HERE

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 2678, Scorpious wrote:
In post 2660, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2652, MalcolmTucker wrote:without fully sticking to it, and there's a case to be made this is what happened
I don't know why I have to "stick" with a read. There was evidence presented that he might have been more in his town meta than his scum meta and that certainly influenced me.
I personally prefer someone to be open to changing reads then stuck with one,it elminates bias.
Yes and for many players their second choice will be more likely to be correct á la the Monty Hall problem.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2685, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2675, Cape90 wrote:Uh oh, now it just sounds like you have an agenda neighbor!

In post 2688, Scorpious wrote:

as a word of advice

this only confirms the fact to me that one of you is mafia and you are probably not both town
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:28 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2380, Cape90 wrote:
In post 2299, Yeet wrote:I feel that I am being very transparent and open with my thought process and I have answered anxieties about me adequately.
I'm reading through teet right now. I think this post encapsulates why I am not seeing yeet as scummy. They seem genuine.
Cape did you read on me flip from eod1? I guess mine on you sorta did too, lol.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:29 am

In post 2690, VP Baltar wrote:For the record, I made a post last night about 30 mins before deadline expired calling out Cape because I didn't want my actual thoughts on the game to go to the grave with me. I figured if I ate a vig shot or something, at least someone who is town could carry on my concerns today.

Judging by the size and extent of that post Cape just made, it seems clear to me he started writing that response about at that point knowing I was going to come out of the gates at him today. The fact there is no vote there on a giant wall case makes no sense.
Did you plan on responding to its substance, or just shading Cape for writing it?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2654, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 2647, fireisredsir wrote:not gonna talk too much about fua atm since the slot is not currently in the game, but if i were a vig and my kill didn't go through my first thought would be that someone in my poe got scared. is that a fair thing to think, yay or nay? would scum roleblock a vig kill that was likely going to hit town just to cause confusion and avoid confirming the vig?
Got scared? I don't know what that means.

For your second question, how would scum know who fua was going to target?
ok so my thought process is, if we assume fua is town for now, most likely scenario is that they got roleblocked. they made it pretty clear who they were sus of in , , and , all near end of day. that list includes wu(dead), skitter, me, ari's slot. on a lower level, there's also yeet, tenebro, eyes, and scorp. now given that info my questions are:

1) would fua most likely shoot among that list? i don't see why they wouldn't
2) if that list is all town, would maf team still roleblock them? not sure on this one, that's why I'm asking the crowd
3) as vig, who got blocked, would you think that maf blocked you because someone in your list of targets was maf? also not sure on this, but i would lean yes

like me personally if im vig and i get blocked i come hard out the gates thinking this confirms that who i shot knew it was coming and blocked me and so they're even more scummy than before. that might be the wrong way to think (in this case it is cause im town lol) and maybe not everyone thinks that way but i just thought it was weird to not even see a glimmer of that in fua's posts at the start of today.

why that's relevant to her alignment is that maf who fakeclaimed vig is only really thinking in the dimension of if their claim is verifiable or not, they don't care about who they were aiming for, because they weren't ever going to actually shoot. town has a lot more to think about because they actually tried to shoot someone and failed. like that's a kinda strong visceral town thing, no? to think you're about to solo kill a scum and you're spam refreshing to see if you were right or not and then ahh it doesn't even go through? but fua didn't focus at all on thinking about who they shot, their thought process was all about whether their claim was verified or not. that response feels more scummy to me because i think it forgets what town should be feeling in that moment
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Yeet »

In post 2692, Cape90 wrote:

In post 2688, Scorpious wrote:

as a word of advice

this only confirms the fact to me that one of you is mafia and you are probably not both town
Why cant they both be town?
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:30 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 2690, VP Baltar wrote:For the record, I made a post last night about 30 mins before deadline expired calling out Cape because I didn't want my actual thoughts on the game to go to the grave with me. I figured if I ate a vig shot or something, at least someone who is town could carry on my concerns today.

I mean, if you think that you clearly aren't looking at my fucking wall post
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:31 am

I think scum would block a vig even if they knew they would shoot town. They aren't going to shoot top town, they're going to shoot people you want to mislim later anyway, so preventing them from becoming confirmed seems strong.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

like, does VP actually think my reads never change or someting?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:34 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 2671, Save The Dragons wrote:holy crap i thought i posted more in this game 22 posts wow i'm probably scum
eh probably not
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Tue Mar 08, 2022 6:35 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 2694, tenebrousluminary wrote:Did you plan on responding to its substance, or just shading Cape for writing it?
I'll look at it in depth and with good faith when I have a moment (which is not now). That being said, I am extremely skeptical a person puts that much effort into a giant post and doesn't vote. It's a failure of being timid as scum.

How long do you think it took Cape to write that and link all those posts? Two hours? You think he just did that on the fly in response to the most I made this morning just a couple hours ago? I'd say that's very unlikely.

What is more likely is he started last night when I posted in our hood and has been honing it with his scum buddies to reply today. He wasn't expecting me to come after him, probably content to let me and Nero fight it out if Nero is town. Cape knew he was going to have to respond with an overwhelming show of effort to sway town to his side. That's fine. I'll let the record speak for itself when I quote you Cape's viewpoint on Wu yesterday. Standby.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”