Vote Count 5.04

innocentvillager (1):
Aristeia
Aristeia (1):
innocentvillager

Not Voting (3):
Andresvmb, Datisi, MathBlade

With 5 alive, it's 3 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 5 is February 26 at 5:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-26 18:00:00)
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #5576 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:52 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 5497, Datisi wrote:
In post 5483, innocentvillager wrote:Datisi has been uncharacteristically passive towards me this game and his stance going from "town by mechclear from SS" to "yeah IV probscum" is kind of ?? but admittedly there might be more context there I'm missing so I'm willing to wait for him to explain.
i don't think i've been more "passive" at you than in other games - if i'm aware that it takes me a while to read someone right, i'm likely to not expel energy for that early. as for the stance change, what is there to explain? s_s is better at mechanics that i am, he said all of you/math/him have to be town, he was conftown by virtue of being a vig, i had to let it go. but *now*, when you being town would mean there must be some sort of blocking bullshit in play, and s_s isn't alive to help out, it's not so simple anymore.

because like, the only thing you had going for you was your claim and the fact s_s was defending you. but now, mech situation has changed, and also *you have not died*. there is a very simple answer for "why is the claimed power role continuously not dying?" that i'm sure all of koba, baltar, and andres know very well. and in my experience, if you are expecting one nightkill going into yelo, and a different nightkill happens, something is *very* wrong with your worldview, because scum very rarely actually goes for the wifom game. and i was expecting you to die.
Datisi what is your reasoning for voting me again? I also don't recall seeing anything other than this, which was more just "why did your read on me drop a little"

Are you voting me by proxy of thinking Aristeia is town?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5577 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:58 pm

In post 5550, Andresvmb wrote:As to your question about Aristeia, it’s not only that I find it distasteful, which I do, but that I SR the play. If you’re Town, then trying to bash players endlessly for looking at things a certain way is not how you get them to do the “right thing”. What Aristeia was doing to Mathblade for example seemed designed to get them to question their skills and worldview to the point where they either fail to act completely, or do what they wanted them to do. It’s manipulative in the extreme. I can’t TR it.

I will say, I think Aristeia brings some valid points about you
What are the "valid points" you think Aristeia has over me?

And why don't you think Aristeia's AtE can be just insulted town?

This explanation pings me because I almost feel like that's your first reaction because you KNOW Aristeia is scum. Before I knew Aristeia was scum I was conflicted on her AtE; the average player I might've TR'd for that behavior honestly but I felt paranoid she was very capable of faking it for the reasons you said. But I just find it weird that someone would come to that conclusion solely from that without initially being tunneled on the premise for some other reason (e.g. Math), since it was honestly after I found out she was scum that I saw her posts in that new light
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5578 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:03 pm

Again idk mech well but a thought I had was that I think it's more likely scum has some sort of roleblocker than Ari is ascetic.

Reason being is, given that I'm alive, scum probably KNEW that I was not going to give a real result, that's why they felt comfortable leaving me very suspiciously alive to 1v1.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #5579 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by Datisi »

you're an investigative and you're not dead

not only were you not dead last night, you also weren't dead on n1

the person that (1) really shouldn't have died last night (2) said you're scum if you're alive died instead of you last night

you being town means scum has means of making baltar generate a false inno, which is x10 worse than a false guilty

like i'm not about to pretend that i have a rock solid scumcase on you based on day play or whatever, i don't,
due to you literally not even playing this game
, but pretending i don't have reasons for wanting to vote you is wrong
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #5580 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

This is very obviously IV's scum meta where he doesn't even play the game for multiple days or attempt to solve and the only thing that motivates him to make an effort is the fact that it's elo and he is a viable elim today.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5581 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:05 pm

Post by Datisi »

also the weird dissonance of not even suspecting mathblade after apparently having information that there is a scum blocker in play, and due to the person clearing math having basically announced that he was going to invest that slot the night before
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5582 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:07 pm

In post 5580, Aristeia wrote:This is very obviously IV's scum meta where he doesn't even play the game for multiple days or attempt to solve and the only thing that motivates him to make an effort is the fact that it's elo and he is a viable elim today.
Have I played with you besides that other Gypyx game?

You keep going "meta this", "meta that"

Show me ONE recent scum game where I did this that I'm "obviously in my scum meta"
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5583 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:08 pm

In post 5581, Datisi wrote:also the weird dissonance of not even suspecting mathblade after apparently having information that there is a scum blocker in play, and due to the person clearing math having basically announced that he was going to invest that slot the night before
I don't even know what this means and I've abandoned mech I've literally said this
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5584 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by Datisi »

if you've abandoned mech, then you should have abandoned the clear on math

did you do that?
~M
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5585 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:11 pm

In post 5579, Datisi wrote:you're an investigative and you're not dead

not only were you not dead last night, you also weren't dead on n1

the person that (1) really shouldn't have died last night (2) said you're scum if you're alive died instead of you last night

you being town means scum has means of making baltar generate a false inno, which is x10 worse than a false guilty

like i'm not about to pretend that i have a rock solid scumcase on you based on day play or whatever, i don't,
due to you literally not even playing this game
, but pretending i don't have reasons for wanting to vote you is wrong
Thank you

I'm not pretending you don't have reasons to vote me from the "mech" or whatever. I've been playing this game like a little bit more today that I think you should have some opinion of my dayplay by now.

pedit: I talked about my Math read and yes I did abandon mech for him. I think he's town here by dayplay.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5586 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 5585, innocentvillager wrote:I think you should have some opinion of my dayplay by now.

pedit: I talked about my Math read and yes I did abandon mech for him. I think he's town here by dayplay.
my only opinion on your dayplay is that the suspicion/conversation with andres feels kinda awkward and makes me think you're distancing lole

where did you talk about math again? i skimmed your iso, i don't see it, other than a generic "math twon by dlayplay"
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #5587 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5586, Datisi wrote:
In post 5585, innocentvillager wrote:I think you should have some opinion of my dayplay by now.

my only opinion on your dayplay is that the suspicion/conversation with andres feels kinda awkward and makes me think you're distancing lole

where did you talk about math again? i skimmed your iso, i don't see it, other than a generic "math twon by dlayplay"
Please rate fypov scale of 1 to 10 the scum team
Ari + IV
Ari + Andres
IV + Andres
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5588 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:35 pm

Post by Datisi »

do the scores have to add up to 10

i guess i'd say
ari+iv 1/10
ari+andres 2.5/10
iv+andres 6.5/10
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5589 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5582, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 5580, Aristeia wrote:This is very obviously IV's scum meta where he doesn't even play the game for multiple days or attempt to solve and the only thing that motivates him to make an effort is the fact that it's elo and he is a viable elim today.
Have I played with you besides that other Gypyx game?

You keep going "meta this", "meta that"

Show me ONE recent scum game where I did this that I'm "obviously in my scum meta"
It's not about what you do in your scum games - it's a mindset. You are unable to replicate your townie enthusiasm to solve over sustained periods of time when you are mafia, it is fairly evident if one reads your games that this is something you are either incapable of doing or choose not to do for whatever reason.

The fact that you are trying to narrow the scope of my argument by making me find a game where you duplicated this exact behavior set is moving the goalposts and trying to set up something that is impossible. You yourself have stated in the past that you are a very polarized player and lack the ability to duplicate your townie-solviness.

For reference here are your past games played since I played with you in Mini 2239:

M1035

You are Mafia

You open up with some jokes - you don't really ever seriously solve during this game - you get run up early on day one and make a doctor claim, people believe that doctor claim and you curiously survive all the way into endgame where you win your 1v1 and the game.

M1034

You are Town

You display active solving through all three dayphases in which you are alive, you display a range of emotions after being pushed, you are obviously pushing the game state foward. Even on the last day when you are dead wrong you continue to push your convictions all the way to the point where you get lol-hammered by the last scum and you make him pay for the hammer and end up winning the game.

O841

You are town

You display active solving during Day One - Become Universally Townread - Push multiple spots, reads etc. You get nightkilled on night one because of the threat you pose to the scum team and your relatively strong position in the town.

O843

You are Mafia

This is probably your best scum game out of the ones I've read - you opened very strongly somewhat in line with your town meta - get universally TRed - but as your partner begins to take control of the game state you kind of fall of and let him do it and push a mislim in your hood. You pop in only near the end to protest feebly and on Day Two your activity markedly drops off and you halfheartedly fight a 1v1 with Esther by mech that you more or less throw in order to give your better positioned partner a good chance to win via endgame as the nightkill selection would favor him more if Esther is a forced NK on N2. You play tremendously well but you only really maintain this for a few days on day one and that's by design due to the strategy the scum team decides to run.

M1026

You are Mafia

You mostly meme and joke and your iso is full of one-liners and self defense and random hypotheticals. You end up getting elimmed on Day 3.

The main difference I find between your scum games and your town games is that you don't really enjoy playing scum - as in if you don't have to be there, you won't be there - You rarely display depth in thinking as scum - You struggle to find enthusiasm to engage with the game as scum and you actually use your polarized playstyle to demand people "townread you for effort" as town which is somewhat fair as when you're scum you like to find excuses to dodge the thread.

You don't like to get your hands dirty but you'll put up a fight when you get pushed or cornered - you are happy to make fake-claims that will allow you to slink through the POE and you are ok being sacrificed early if it will help your team later down the line but if your survival is ++scum win con you will dig down and fight when threatened.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5590 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5588, Datisi wrote:do the scores have to add up to 10

i guess i'd say
ari+iv 1/10
ari+andres 2.5/10
iv+andres 6.5/10
Why is Ari IV so low?
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5591 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:41 pm

Post by Datisi »

because i don't think ari lolsheeps me onto BOTH of her scumbuddies on day one. and because i don't think iv agrees to yeet her yesterday when you voted her without as much as saying anything, literally a naked vote. and i also had some other thoughts on the subject of "what from ari's side looked really non-partnery with iv" but like, if you want that, that's happening tomorrow since 2:41am etc
~M
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5592 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 5591, Datisi wrote:because i don't think ari lolsheeps me onto BOTH of her scumbuddies on day one. and because i don't think iv agrees to yeet her yesterday when you voted her without as much as saying anything, literally a naked vote. and i also had some other thoughts on the subject of "what from ari's side looked really non-partnery with iv" but like, if you want that, that's happening tomorrow since 2:41am etc
That’s plenty

I can discard that
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5593 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Aristeia »

For reference this is your post stating that you are an extremely polarized player:

IV's Post

This is your post stating you haven't been miseliminated in 1.5 years and you take pride in never being mis-eliminated:

IV's Post

All of this points to a player with a hyper polarized meta difference between scum/town meta.

You are clearly in your scum meta for the reasons I have already outlined above.

Obviously I won't find a game where you play the exact same way as this game since the circumstances are different - however your inability to solve/care at all about the game until today where you are locked in a 1v1 at elo shows a tremendous lack of curiosity and enthuiasm that is far more evident of scum!you than town!you.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5594 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 5591, Datisi wrote:because i don't think ari lolsheeps me onto BOTH of her scumbuddies on day one.
I would bus my entire scum team for you dear - it's hurtful that you think I wouldn't do that for you.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5595 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:57 pm

Post by Aristeia »

addendum:

IV's Post

Here IV admits he absolutely hates playing scum.

Which explains his absence for all of Day 3/4 as he was considered "mech-cleared" and people were pushing on Frogster/Ari/Mathblade as viable eliminations. There was no need for IV to play when he could simply coast and do nothing and as a result he decided to not play because there is no reason for him to put effort into solving when the town is busy trying to commit suicide to hand a win to him.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5596 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Aristeia »

Spoiler: For Dats
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #5597 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Ari can you post me some funny gif?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #5598 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Datisi »

In post 5596, Aristeia wrote:
Spoiler: For Dats
:>

i hope you're feeling better by now, ari. and i hope we can and do win together.
~M
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5599 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by Aristeia »