Mini 687 - Time Abuse Mafia (Game Over in Epic Fashion)

Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #16 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:29 pm

Post by Scattered »

Vote: MafiaSSK
Looking for someone with modding experience to review a mini theme, pm me if interested.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:42 pm

Post by Scattered »

Gonna claim early, since I believe it benefits town.

I am a nuclear scientist (town aligned). If anyone targets me with any ability, I and them will die (suicide bomber). During the day, I can pick a target to suicide against and kill them in the process.

Reasons I am claiming:

1) So a cop/doc/vig etc doesn't target me at night and kill us both
2) So Scum don't NK me, unless they believe I am bluffing
3) So I can direct my suicide towards a suitable, town agreed target

I know some people will be a bit sceptical (since this would be a good scum gambit to avoid investigation and suspicion), but I intend to use my abilty by the end of the game, so I doubt it will be too much of a problem.

Any questions/suggestions?
Looking for someone with modding experience to review a mini theme, pm me if interested.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:02 am

Post by Scattered »

Cruciare wrote:You need to be lynched for many many reasons.
Vote: Scattered
Mind stating them, instead of trying to look smart?
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:46 am

Post by Scattered »

Natirasha wrote:I...um...think that all our roles only activate upon death. Ergo, his role makes no sense.

unvote, vote: Scattered
All night actions
will not take effect on the night in which they are used until the player posts, in the thread, Activate Time Dilation Device. This will kill you and can only be used while a TS Vortex has opened.
Bolded for emphasis. My suicide is a day kill, so it isn't affected. Small print ftw.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:51 am

Post by Scattered »

Oh sorry, forgot to clarify something. My self destruct (when someone targets me) is activated when they first
target
me, not when they use their time dilation device. I should have made that clearer, since the word target is a big vague in that sense.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Scattered »

Natirasha wrote:Two problems
1. If that role is actually in this game, it should probably activate when you activate the Time Dilation and kill everyone who has targeted or something.
2. Your ability is not indicative to one alignment, I could easily see that as a scum ability.
1. Wrong. How on earth would I know someone has targeted me, without that action taking place. It makes far more sense to have the ability the way I have stated.

2. Sure, I never asked to be called confirmed town. But I would gain far more from claiming if the role is town aligned, than if it was scum aligned.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Scattered »

Scattered wrote:
Natirasha wrote:Two problems
1. If that role is actually in this game, it should probably activate when you activate the Time Dilation and kill everyone who has targeted or something.
2. Your ability is not indicative to one alignment, I could easily see that as a scum ability.
1. Wrong. How on earth would I know someone has targeted me, without that action taking place. It makes far more sense to have the ability the way I have stated.

2. Sure, I never asked to be called confirmed town. But I would gain far more from claiming if the role is town aligned, than if it was scum aligned.
EBWOP: Also, for the first point, as I am not actually using an ability (since it is passive when someone targets me), using a time dilation device does not fit the context of the rules.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Scattered »

Guys, read all my damn posts, I've explained perfectly logically why having a time dilation device would make no sense for my role. There isn't much more I can say on the matter.

Vi wrote:quote="Scattered 17"]Reasons I am claiming:

2) So Scum don't NK me, unless they believe I am bluffing
Uhh... what? 'Splain that one.
[/quote]

Are you really asking why scum won't NK someone who blows up anyone who targets them at night?
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Scattered »

Cruciare wrote:Scattered, would you agree to use your supposed suicide kill before the end of D1?
If I believed it was the best option I could make considering the circumstances (e.g. I believed I had found scum) then yes. Seems a bit of a scummy request though.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Scattered »

Vi wrote:
Scattered wrote:Are you really asking why scum won't NK someone who blows up anyone who targets them at night?
No, I'm asking why you don't want to be NKd by them when
getting NKd kills a scum
Ah ok. The reason was that scum aren't the only ones who have abilities, and it would put the town in a bad situation if I got targeted by a town aligned player.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Scattered »

Vi wrote:
Scattered wrote:
Vi wrote:
Scattered wrote:Are you really asking why scum won't NK someone who blows up anyone who targets them at night?
No, I'm asking why you don't want to be NKd by them when
getting NKd kills a scum
Ah ok. The reason was that scum aren't the only ones who have abilities, and it would put the town in a bad situation if I got targeted by a town aligned player.
Nonono. I'm not talking about adverse side effects of getting targeted by a Town player. I'm talking about how you specifically said you do not want to be hit by scum. massive difference.

'Twould be nice if some more people commented here.
I do get your point now, and I perhaps didn't think through how to put what I meant.

From my point of view, you have a confirmed townie/one shot vig that can't be NK'ed unless the scum wants to sacrifice one of themselves. Though, I'll concede this depends on you trusting me, and is a bit WIFOMy. If the town has a good target that they believe is likely scum, I will be willing to take the hit, so they can lynch someone else that day.

I still believe it was by far the better option, compared to risking getting hit by a town aligned action and taking two town out by accident. This method has a lot more controllable benefits and risks, and raises the probability of hitting scum with my ability.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:40 am

Post by Scattered »

Natirasha wrote:Turbo Pro-Tip: Skum have to kill themselves to kill. I believe this was diskussed in the planning thread, right? Also, there probably would have had to be a nightkill last night if skum kould kill.
I wouldn't usually count NK as a normal night ability, and if scum have to kill themselves to make kills, it would mean we might have an above average amount of scum. Is there anyway you can prove it was discussed in planning thread (without getting modkilled).
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Scattered »

By the way, from the mods post
MainframeTemporal Stability, nominal.
Energy Reserves, stable.
Subjects living, twelve.
Quorum value, seven.
Anyone got any idea what the bolded means? If Natirasha's statement is correct about Mafia having to kill themselves to achieve a kill, it could well be the number of pro-town players in game (though this is speculation).[/b]
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Scattered »

Zakeri wrote:I saw the diskussion myself, and I believe we kame to the konklusion that Nightly kills will not need use of the Time dilation devise.
Anyone got any idea what the bolded means? If Natirasha's statement is correct about Mafia having to kill themselves to achieve a kill, it could well be the number of pro-town players in game (though this is speculation).
That is the number of votes needed to lyn- to ...err ...lyn

That is the number of votes needed to attain a majority.

[/b]Unvote: Crucible
Vote: Scattered[/b]

For blatant idiokrasy akross the whole of the game so far.
I'll agree that was stupid of me, but I don't see how it was scummy to be stupid or to make mistakes like that.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Scattered »

Why are you all jumping on the time dilation wagon. It seems a very weak argument to suggest all abilitys HAVE to be determined by it.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #56 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Scattered »

Unvote

Vote: Zakeri

For jumping on a wagon with no real reason for doing so.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (isolation #16) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Scattered »

brb, suiciding

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”