Mini 687 - Time Abuse Mafia (Game Over in Epic Fashion)

Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Scattered »

Natirasha wrote:Two problems
1. If that role is actually in this game, it should probably activate when you activate the Time Dilation and kill everyone who has targeted or something.
2. Your ability is not indicative to one alignment, I could easily see that as a scum ability.
1. Wrong. How on earth would I know someone has targeted me, without that action taking place. It makes far more sense to have the ability the way I have stated.

2. Sure, I never asked to be called confirmed town. But I would gain far more from claiming if the role is town aligned, than if it was scum aligned.
Looking for someone with modding experience to review a mini theme, pm me if interested.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:14 am

Post by Scattered »

Scattered wrote:
Natirasha wrote:Two problems
1. If that role is actually in this game, it should probably activate when you activate the Time Dilation and kill everyone who has targeted or something.
2. Your ability is not indicative to one alignment, I could easily see that as a scum ability.
1. Wrong. How on earth would I know someone has targeted me, without that action taking place. It makes far more sense to have the ability the way I have stated.

2. Sure, I never asked to be called confirmed town. But I would gain far more from claiming if the role is town aligned, than if it was scum aligned.
EBWOP: Also, for the first point, as I am not actually using an ability (since it is passive when someone targets me), using a time dilation device does not fit the context of the rules.
Looking for someone with modding experience to review a mini theme, pm me if interested.
Zakeri
Zakeri
Goon
Zakeri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Zakeri »

I knew it! All "sees" are Skum! I knew I should have voted for you first, but I thought Krusiere was more dangerous for having two "sees".

I will Kill all "sees"!
"You know, I was hoping for a cop investigation. But instead I get [two vig kills]... okay." - Zakeri
"I [i]wish[/i] I ever got messages like this." - Vi
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Vi »

I would agree with Komrade Zakari, but then I would have to be Komrade Wi after applying the akksent, and that would be rather Wi-erd.

----

I now see a problem with Scattered's claim, and it's Post 23. To my understanding, the Night Actions basically don't happen until a Time Dilation Device is used. Therefore, blowing up someone who hasn't actually done anything to you yet seems strange.

And something else.
Scattered 17 wrote:Reasons I am claiming:

2) So Scum don't NK me, unless they believe I am bluffing
Uhh... what? 'Splain that one.

----

Hey, melikefood. 'Mind contributing something that doesn't require me to believe in occult divination?
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Netlava »

Scum > town power roles so I disapprove of this claim at this point. Not that it changes anything.

Original Roll String: 12d4
12 4-Sided Dice: (4, 1, 3, 2, 2, 4, 1, 2, 2, 4, 3, 3) = 31

1 = scum
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Netlava »

Cruciare and pickemgenius are scum.

Original Roll String: 1d2
1 2-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:44 am

Post by Netlava »

Vote: Cruciare
RossWilliam
RossWilliam
Goon
RossWilliam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:46 am

Post by RossWilliam »

Scattered's claim bothers me as well due to the Time Dilation rules.....it doesn't seem logical. But I also feel like if he made up the role he might have said someone about lynching would cause a self-destruction too.....he still left himself a way to be killed
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Scattered »

Guys, read all my damn posts, I've explained perfectly logically why having a time dilation device would make no sense for my role. There isn't much more I can say on the matter.

Vi wrote:quote="Scattered 17"]Reasons I am claiming:

2) So Scum don't NK me, unless they believe I am bluffing
Uhh... what? 'Splain that one.
[/quote]

Are you really asking why scum won't NK someone who blows up anyone who targets them at night?
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Vi »

Scattered wrote:Guys, read all my damn posts, I've explained perfectly logically why having a time dilation device would make no sense for my role. There isn't much more I can say on the matter.
'Hope that's not in response to me; I don't see where you'd need one with your role as claimed.
Scattered wrote:Are you really asking why scum won't NK someone who blows up anyone who targets them at night?
No, I'm asking why you don't want to be NKd by them when
getting NKd kills a scum

@Netlava and melikefood: Okay, voting by dice is seriously retarded.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Scattered, would you agree to use your supposed suicide kill before the end of D1?
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by Scattered »

Cruciare wrote:Scattered, would you agree to use your supposed suicide kill before the end of D1?
If I believed it was the best option I could make considering the circumstances (e.g. I believed I had found scum) then yes. Seems a bit of a scummy request though.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Scattered »

Vi wrote:
Scattered wrote:Are you really asking why scum won't NK someone who blows up anyone who targets them at night?
getting NKd kills a scum
Ah ok. The reason was that scum aren't the only ones who have abilities, and it would put the town in a bad situation if I got targeted by a town aligned player.
Cruciare
Cruciare
Goon
Cruciare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Cruciare »

Here's the deal, I don't like your claim at all. I do not want a time bomb that may or may not explode ticking away right under our noses. My opinion as of now is that you're lying, but I could be wrong. If you're telling the truth, scum would probably not target you. But pro-town power roles who don't believe you may. And honestly, I'd rather not find out that way. The existance of a role like the one you've claimed is extremely awkward. I want the problem of you solved sooner than later, whether it's by lynch or suicide kill.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by Vi »

Scattered wrote:
Vi wrote:
getting NKd kills a scum
Ah ok. The reason was that scum aren't the only ones who have abilities, and it would put the town in a bad situation if I got targeted by a town aligned player.
Nonono. I'm not talking about adverse side effects of getting targeted by a Town player. I'm talking about how you specifically said you do not want to be hit by scum. massive difference.

'Twould be nice if some more people commented here.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by melikefood »

Are we done being random?
Unvote

So, I'm thinking if Skatterd's role klaim is true, then it was put in to konfuse us.

If he's lying, then I'm thinking that he wants targeting immunity, which is WIFOM'y.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:15 pm

Post by Scattered »

Vi wrote:
Scattered wrote:
Vi wrote:
getting NKd kills a scum
Nonono. I'm not talking about adverse side effects of getting targeted by a Town player. I'm talking about how you specifically said you do not want to be hit by scum. massive difference.

'Twould be nice if some more people commented here.
I do get your point now, and I perhaps didn't think through how to put what I meant.

From my point of view, you have a confirmed townie/one shot vig that can't be NK'ed unless the scum wants to sacrifice one of themselves. Though, I'll concede this depends on you trusting me, and is a bit WIFOMy. If the town has a good target that they believe is likely scum, I will be willing to take the hit, so they can lynch someone else that day.

I still believe it was by far the better option, compared to risking getting hit by a town aligned action and taking two town out by accident. This method has a lot more controllable benefits and risks, and raises the probability of hitting scum with my ability.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Natirasha »

Turbo Pro-Tip: Skum have to kill themselves to kill. I believe this was diskussed in the planning thread, right? Also, there probably would have had to be a nightkill last night if skum kould kill.
Natirasha is just a vestige, it's Contessa now.
pickemgenius
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
pickemgenius
Jack the Tripper
Jack the Tripper

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by pickemgenius »

whoa shit a claim.

at the moment, I have no hardcore reason not to believe it.
Show
Rumpelstiltskin Grinder

(1:55:11 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's ok drench
(1:55:21 AM) ahallucinogenic: it's perfectly normal for young children to walk in on their parents making love
(1:55:31 AM) Drench394: i can't wait

STREAMING:

www.twitch.tv/xxxpickemgenius
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:09 pm

Post by Netlava »

Grandfather Time
Grandfather Time
Townie
Grandfather Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:37 pm

Post by Grandfather Time »

VotecountVi --- 2 {MafiaSSK, pickemgenius}
Scattered --- 2 {Cruciare, Natirasha}
Cruciare --- 1 {Zakeri}
MafiaSSK --- 1 {Scattered}

None --- 6 {Doomsday, forbiddanlight, melikefood, Netlava, RossWilliam, Vi}

MainframeTemporal Stability, nominal.
Energy Reserves, stable.
Subjects living, twelve.
Quorum value, seven.
Show
Time present and time past
Are both perhaps present in time future,
And time future contained in time past.
If all time is eternally present
All time is unredeemable.

-T. S. Eliot, in the Four Quartets
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:40 am

Post by Scattered »

Natirasha wrote:Turbo Pro-Tip: Skum have to kill themselves to kill. I believe this was diskussed in the planning thread, right? Also, there probably would have had to be a nightkill last night if skum kould kill.
I wouldn't usually count NK as a normal night ability, and if scum have to kill themselves to make kills, it would mean we might have an above average amount of scum. Is there anyway you can prove it was discussed in planning thread (without getting modkilled).
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:12 am

Post by Natirasha »

Scattered wrote:
Natirasha wrote:Turbo Pro-Tip: Skum have to kill themselves to kill. I believe this was diskussed in the planning thread, right? Also, there probably would have had to be a nightkill last night if skum kould kill.
I wouldn't usually count NK as a normal night ability, and if scum have to kill themselves to make kills, it would mean we might have an above average amount of scum. Is there anyway you can prove it was discussed in planning thread (without getting modkilled).
Not really. Ask forbiddan, he read the thread.
Scattered
Scattered
Goon
Scattered
Goon
Goon

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:14 am

Post by Scattered »

By the way, from the mods post
MainframeTemporal Stability, nominal.
Energy Reserves, stable.
Subjects living, twelve.
Quorum value, seven.
Anyone got any idea what the bolded means? If Natirasha's statement is correct about Mafia having to kill themselves to achieve a kill, it could well be the number of pro-town players in game (though this is speculation).[/b]
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:38 am

Post by Natirasha »

That'd mean there's five non-town...

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”