Post by iamausername »

Votecount #10!

Scheherazade (3) - Kairyuu, mykonian, Artem
sekinj (2) - CF Riot, Scheherazade
Artem (1) - springlullaby

Not Voting (6) - alvinz95, Ku_F, Scigatt, germy, wolframnhart, sekinj

7 to lynch.

springlullaby wrote:Prod: alvinz95, Ku_F, Scigatt
None of them have reached the 72 hour limit, so no prods are going out just yet.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by sekinj »

Scheherazade wrote:Sekinj leaps to mind. Her account of her unvote of Kairyuu gave me no satisfaction. I may be biased because the explanations came after Kairyuu already claimed mason. As has been stated, her vote for Kairyuu seems more opportunistic than logical (of course, am I not doing the same now!).
unvote of Kari - I can't defend against "your satisfaction". I can only give you the points made my kair and germy that made me unvote.
Scheherazade wrote:Her dismissal of springlullaby’s early vote for her isn’t itself suspect, but I admit that I expected her to respond with another admonishment to hunt for scum rather than random vote. So it sent a flag up for me. She later seems almost evasive and then almost re-directive (see: tizzy).
I didn't address SL's vote becuase I REALLY thought it was random, this is the third time I've said that. Even after I realized she was serious, I still didn't understand what led to her vote. and I still think it was silly (see: tizzy)
Scheherazade wrote:By three pages in, when many people were introducing material to discuss, she wasn’t prepared to participate fully in the conversation.
Yeah, it was page 3. that shoudl tell you everything right there, even in this game that lacked a random stage. I did not yet have a good enough read on anyone or a case built yet. i don't even know why this is a point of discussion. actually the Majority of players had not yet had a chance to process or post a case... only a few were beginning to point our their initial suspicions. I was just the only one specifically called out because I made a comment against someone's extolation of the random stage.
Scheherazade wrote:CF Riot makes a good point, I think, against her in post 100, when he points out that scum dislikes drawing attention to accusations.
Cf's post 100 - again, same answer as before, I'm getting very tired of this question, and the whole SL discussion. I never understood it from the beginning
Scheherazade wrote:I do give her points for briefly defending a confirmed townie, afatchic, but that was just part of a criticism of Kairyuu.
Should I have made a seperate post for it? In order to get more points from you?? I didn't think afat had posted anything that I could get a read on.
Scheherazade wrote:I think her response to germy being reintroduced as a suspect might itself be suspect. Normally, I’d see nothing wrong, but with everything else, it feels like she’s annoyed because she already knows whether germy is town or scum, which only scum or mason could know at this point… And she’s not a mason, it would seem.
I don't like talking about old news. I'm going to get annoyed when players are chiming in about a subject that took place 3 pages ago and the player in question hadn't posted in so long that he was being prodded by the mod! germy wasn't relevant at that time!
Scheherazade wrote:Also… Did Sekinj add fuel to the Kairyuu/Artem fire? Maybe unintentionally, but Artem seems to think that Sekinj thought he appeased Kairyuu too much. Was that a weak attempt to make the row the focus of discussion? She then says that Artem is attacking Kairyuu too strongly… I find her involvement in the row irregular.
Artem stepped up his attack dramatically after I made the "appease Kair" statement. After that it looked liek Artem went after kair in a fury, so yes, my opinion changed.
Scheherazade wrote:I know that taken individually, any of these things could be dismissed. What I think is suspect is the pattern. Therefore,
Unvote: Kairyuu, Vote: Sekinj
I see a pattern of you misreading, misunderstanding and trying to find scum where there isn't any.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:35 pm

Post by mykonian »

Ohh, yes, my vote stays. Certainly not liking that post by Scheherazade. It´s like: I´m a towny, and now I´m going to pick a target where that I can accuse of something.

basically, someone picks out a nice target, searches for all the things that can be used against that person, and mentions in the middle that she is town.

This screams ´I am scum` to me.
Ku_F
Ku_F
Goon
Ku_F
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:55 pm

Post by Ku_F »

Spring, I have been busy lately.
Besides, some posts are huge. I was surprised when I found out that I was just at page 9. It seemed way more.

I'm finished either today or tomorrow.

Of course I remember you myk. And no, I won't call you Myko. You'll always stay myk to me.
Who's scum aru?
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by iamausername »

-=Scigatt has been prodded for the first time=-
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by mykonian »

Be happy, around page 15 town also thinks there had been enough content. So they post rubbish. Only a few interesting posts per page there.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:06 am

Post by sekinj »

It also seemed like Schez went after someone who wasn't attacking afat, but not defending everything either. I didn't think afat's posts had enough to attack, but I also mentioned that the nonexistant defense was starting to look very bad.

It's like Schez wanted to be sure she didn't look like she was buddying or OMGUSing...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:33 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Mykonian: Personally myko, I think you have played quite well. I don't believe in trying to hide when you are a mason pair, because you have nothing to hide from the town. I'm glad that you defended me, (though I think you should avoid WIFOM in the future because it is scummy) and I think that having both og us claim now is a benefit to the town.

@germy:
I suspect a scum gambit. However, I always suspect a scum gambit. Neither Kairyuu nor mykonian were under particular pressure when Kairyuu alluded to his confirmability, so this mason claim wouldn't be a last ditch effort. Which means, if it is a false claim, they would have to have been planning to make it for some time. And I don't see any real evidence of that.
First of all, I like the way you play. I was surprised when you were the only person who mentioned the possibility of a scum gambit. What with the speed that this game got started though, there would have been no time to plan it, since myko couldn't even reply to whether or not he was a miller before we got going (it seems that he isn't since he hasn't claimed it). The claim is no fake though, but thanks for trying. I can't think of any way that we could be confimed by someone else without wasting a power role, but I think it will become obvious as the game progresses that we are telling the truth.
Kairyuu, I respect your gambits and attempts to draw out scum, mainly because your efforts seem like a more refined and developed version of the types of tactics that I try to use. Your conciliatory posts after several people pointed things out to you bothered me, but I can also see what you were attempting.
Thank you. I'm glad that you can see them for what they are now. My conciliatory posts happen sometimes. I have no problem ceding points to other people if I'm wrong and they can prove it. Otherwise, I would be stuck defending assertions that I don't believe to be true, which doesn't help the town.

@Artem: -pats on back for voting correctly again- :P

I don't think we can discount the idea of a cope quite yet, as there are a few situations where we could have one.

@CF Riot: I can respect your reasoning, but I'm keeping my FOS in place for now because I still don't like the early failure to take a stand and the defense of afatchic.

@sekinj:
no additional comments about your vote against me? You said you were waiting for my explaination and you have yet to address it.
That was me, and regarding my FOS. I'll address them now.

Simply put, I have no problem with that reasoning, because it is the exact thing I was attempting to get people to see. I'll downgrade my FOS to a
Minor FOS: sekinj
because I still don't like the early active lurking.

@Springlullaby: Don't be hypocritical. You are making filler posts accusing people of lurking while you have yet to respond to my comments. I don't like that. Possibly scum trying to pretend like their failed case didn't happen.
FOS: Springlullaby

@Scheherazade: First, your name is confusing. Anything we can shorten it to?

Second, to address your points:
I think that afatchic was merely being hasty. I know it’s hard to credit hastiness with producing “one of the most antitown statements I have ever read (73)” et al. but I think that you’ll see that a lack of consideration of the implications of the pseudoclaim lead to early support with increasing doubts like “i don't think any other backup roles or anything should claim” (44). He did stick to his guns in calling for a miller claim, though, rather than just running as far away from germy as possible.
The lack of consideration is the whole point. afatchic thought he could probably ride on germy's coattails for awhile originally, and then when germy started getting a few votes and several people attacked him for his suggestion of claims, afatchic backed off of the claims to avoid being incriminated by supporting them.

He stuck to his guns about the miller claim? Of course he did, considering that everyone else supported the idea. As I see it he was trying to ingratiate himself to the town in the hopes he would be overlooked.
He began lurking and eventually left because Kairyuu was rather too rabid and the majority of the rest of you rather too eager to play ducklings.
I am not rabid. -foams at the mouth- If afatchic had explained himself sufficiently, then he may have gotten me to back off. He didn't. Instead, he lurked in the hopes that it would go away. I have no respect for that, because it is against the spirit of the game.

Plus, if so many people were eager to play ducklings, how come he only got 3 votes on him at the peak, where one of them was me?
I’m still rereading and rereading to try to sort a likely suspect after Kairyuu claimed. I still think he’s been the most suspect player. I know that even if he and Myko were lying, they could be easily exposed in the near future (even tonight, if we’ve got a cop).
What? You say that I'm still the most suspect, even though claiming mason buddies as scum practically assures a scum loss if they are caught, which they would be simply based on the natural progression of the game. Plus you call for a cop investigation against one of us if we have a cop. Why argue for the wasted investigation? Is it so you can try to kill the cop tonight while no worrying about being targetted if you miss?

One things stuck out to me from your case against sekinj:
I do give her points for briefly defending a confirmed townie, afatchic, but that was just part of a criticism of Kairyuu.
And how exactly is afatchic confirmed townie? Because to me it looks like he, and therefore you, are the most likely scum currently.

confirm vote: Scheherazade
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:29 am

Post by iamausername »

-=alvinz95 has been prodded for the third and final time=-
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:45 am

Post by Scheherazade »

@Myk: fine, my suspicion remains unchanged.

@Kairyuu: I meant that you still seem most suspicious because I feel you tried to confuse the search. Understanding that you're a mason, not scum, I suppose you can be explained by not wanting to lose an argument on any points for any reason. That's fair enough, but I do think it became counter-productive at a point.

When I said that you could be easily confirmed, I see that saying "(even tonight if we have a cop)" looks like an encouragement to use it. I beg pardon. Instead I meant to use it to show how easily your claim could be toppled if you had lied.

When I said "I do give her points..." I meant that I thought her defence of afatchic could indicate innocence. You see, I know that I'm town and if she were scum she would know that as well. While not a strong indication of innocence, I wondered if she-as-scum wouldn't have attacked afatchic as an easy target. Of course I realise that scum doesn't want to take out town perceived to be scum too quickly. Perhaps the remark was useless.

@Sekinj: I do apologise for annoying you. I understand that you're tired of hearing about some of the things I mentioned. However tired of them you may be, I do think that they deserve consideration as indications that you might be scum.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:47 am

Post by Scigatt »

Just got a prod...

I don't have anything really incisive to say, nor am I really caught up. I'll post something later, but from a quick glance, I'll say that I'm happy with my non-voting status for now.
wolframnhart
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
wolframnhart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:54 am

Post by wolframnhart »

why are you happy with your non voting status?
They tell you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is on occasion hilarious. - Malcolm Reynolds

Wolf, I fucking hate your face, but still <3 you as a whole. - Starbuck
germy
germy
Goon
germy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:27 am

Post by germy »

Vote: Scigatt

As far as I can tell, you were "caught up" almost a week ago, October 9th-ish. Even then, each time you have posted has simply been to agree with one side of a conflict or another, without adding anything of your own.

With a week to deadline and 10+ pages of in depth discussion, I don't think any townie should be "happy with their non-voting status" at this point.

I hate voting lurkers. But with my original top suspects "comfirmed" townies (nod to Kairyuu), and no real suspicions of other posters, I'm reduced to such tactics. With already four replacements in the game, it's going to be hard enough finding scum.

But speaking of lurkers...

Kairyuu, remember when I said:
germy wrote:Kairyuu town !=> afatchic scum
Well, I think the following probably
is
true:
Kairyuu + mykonian townie masons => afatchic/Scheherazade scum
Townie lurkers are relatively easy targets for scum, and this was in fact one of my reasons why was increasingly suspicious of Kairyuu and mykonian, originally. Yet, assuming they are masons, then I think scum would have more likely latched onto afatchic as an easier target. Only Artem agreed, but hesitantly and only briefly. No one else did, implying that afatchic-Scheherazade is indeed scum.

And I think Scigatt is his partner.
My mafiascum stats (Wins/Losses)[Lynched/Killed]:
- [color=green][b]Town[/b][/color] (1/2)[1/1]
- [color=red][b]Mafia[/b][/color] (1/0)[0/0]
- [color=blue][b]Independent[/b][/color] (0/0)[0/0]
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:06 am

Post by CF Riot »

Sekinj what is your vote waiting on? Who are you suspicious of and why aren't you voting them currently?
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:33 am

Post by mykonian »

germy, plz vote for the most certain scum first, and then his/her partner. You make less mistakes that way.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:47 am

Post by sekinj »

shez wrote:@Sekinj: I do apologise for annoying you. I understand that you're tired of hearing about some of the things I mentioned. However tired of them you may be, I do think that they deserve consideration as indications that you might be scum.
and that is strong enough for a vote?

@CF - I dont' hop my vote around a lot. I consider it important each time I vote. Therefore, I'm not going to vote until I'm ready or think it is warranted. You pushing me to vote just makes me drag my heels more. We are not close to deadline, so I see no reason that I cannot continue to discuss and view other players responses to cases.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
germy
germy
Goon
germy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:55 am

Post by germy »

mykonian wrote:germy, plz vote for the most certain scum first, and then his/her partner. You make less mistakes that way.
I disagree.

At this point I would be content with lynching Scheherazade. But I placed a pressure vote on Scigatt in hopes of getting him to post something of substance.
My mafiascum stats (Wins/Losses)[Lynched/Killed]:
- [color=green][b]Town[/b][/color] (1/2)[1/1]
- [color=red][b]Mafia[/b][/color] (1/0)[0/0]
- [color=blue][b]Independent[/b][/color] (0/0)[0/0]
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:58 am

Post by mykonian »

allright. Good explanation
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:55 am

Post by Kairyuu »

@Scheherazade: Nothing to make typing your name easier? :cry:
I meant that you still seem most suspicious because I feel you tried to confuse the search. Understanding that you're a mason, not scum, I suppose you can be explained by not wanting to lose an argument on any points for any reason. That's fair enough, but I do think it became counter-productive at a point.
Explain how I tried to confuse the search. How was I counterproductive when I was scumhunting? From reading the game you should know that I don't take kindly to people failing to back up their assertions.

When I said that you could be easily confirmed, I see that saying "(even tonight if we have a cop)" looks like an encouragement to use it. I beg pardon. Instead I meant to use it to show how easily your claim could be toppled if you had lied.
Fair enough. Not sure if I believe you, but I can't prove that you are lying.
When I said "I do give her points..." I meant that I thought her defence of afatchic could indicate innocence. You see, I know that I'm town and if she were scum she would know that as well. While not a strong indication of innocence, I wondered if she-as-scum wouldn't have attacked afatchic as an easy target. Of course I realise that scum doesn't want to take out town perceived to be scum too quickly. Perhaps the remark was useless.
Saying "I'm town" over and over again is not going to convince me. Quite the contrary. Insisting on being a townie is rather scummy, because it comes off as being jumpy.

@germy: If you think that Scigatt is Scheherazade's scumbuddy, then why are you voting Scigatt? You agree that Scheherazade is probably scum, but have your vote elsewhere when there is only a week until deadline? Why?

Edit: Saw the response to mykonian. I can't blame you for pressuring a lurker.

I agree about Scheherazade, but I'm iffy about Scigatt. He reads neutral to me right now.

@sekinj: I would say that a week in a game that goes as long as mafia is not exactly a long time. I agree that you should probably have a vote on right now.
Because, no matter how you dress it up, that's what the world is. A community of idiots doing a series of things until the world explodes and we all die.
CF Riot
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
CF Riot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:56 am

Post by CF Riot »

@Sekinj: Spectacular. Glad to hear it. So who's cases are you waiting to examine? What subjects would you most like to discuss at the moment? I'm very interested in lynching a scum today, and since you claim you're not one, I'd like to know who you think is.
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Scigatt »

I'm just gonna try to refute this post first.
germy wrote:
Vote: Scigatt

As far as I can tell, you were "caught up" almost a week ago, October 9th-ish. Even then, each time you have posted has simply been to agree with one side of a conflict or another, without adding anything of your own.
You obviously have never gone to college.(midterms). Also, many of you have posted reams of text that for me to give any reasons as to my positions would just be repetition.
With a week to deadline and 10+ pages of in depth discussion, I don't think any townie should be "happy with their non-voting status" at this point.
While I did read through the first parts of the thread, no posts by afatchic stood out for me, really. I'll re-examine his posts, though.

I hate voting lurkers. But with my original top suspects "comfirmed" townies (nod to Kairyuu), and no real suspicions of other posters, I'm reduced to such tactics. With already four replacements in the game, it's going to be hard enough finding scum.
Are you saying is that you are only voting for me because of lowered standards?

Also, looking at some fairly recent posts now, there was something that caught my eye.

This is a rough paraphrase of something Artem said

"If Kair is scum, I think afat and germy are town. If afat is scum, then Kair and germy are town"

Is is just me, or is germy auto-vindicated in this situation?
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:50 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

@Sekinj: I feel it is. I fully admit that I'd be cautious to hammer, but I hoped that by presenting a case against you and voting, you might say more that would either fully convince me or make me double-guess myself.

@Kairyuu: Thanks for being reluctant to truncate my username, but I don't mind much what you type as long as I know you mean me. Sche, SC or Zade are most common. It's up to you.

As for my assertion, yes, I certainly was remiss in not mentioning examples. Here:

In post 130, you did rant a bit. I would be frustrated, too, but that post was not helpful, was it? On the same page, post 146, you give a long post that, rather than distilling and summarising your dispute with Artem, just seems to expand it. At that point, both of you (and you admit in this post) seem to know where you stand. Why continue to waste time and posts? It just slows people down (me, Ku_F, if I may speak for her) and attracts undue attention to you. You were a mason who was relatively close to getting lynched. By post 146, you seemed to be confusing the issues at hand in order to serve your argument with Artem.

Your firestorm, you must have realised, was making it easy for the scum. I think people in this game scraped through by active lurking and defining their positions by you and Artem.

Do you see what I'm driving at? I don't mean to be judgemental, I'm just saying that it didn't help and seemed suspicious because of that. I know that criticism might apply to Artem as well, but I feel like he was initially more of a victim than aggressor and therefore do not blame him as much for the consequences of your dispute.

I see what you’re saying about saying “I’m town!” to loudly, too often. My predecessor never took the time to do even that, so I feel like I’m making up a bit for the first ten pages.

@germy: Is it likely in your view that both Scigatt and I/afatchic would be lurkers and scum? What about other lurkers such as alvinz95? Do you have any other reason to believe that Scigatt is scum?
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Scheherazade: I like Zade. You are now Zade. 8-)

In post 130 I didn't rant a bit. I ranted a lot. Quite a lot. With lots and lots of fun ranty stuff like bolding and all caps. I was mildly irritated. 8-)

As for 146: So I'm suspicious for making long posts? Too bad for you then, because I like long posts very much, and endeaver to make them as often as I can. The fact that we seemed to both know where we stood on the argument means nothing. We were both convinced that the other was wrong, and were trying to prove out points. Also, I am not afraid of attention. Townies need to put their necks on the line to catch scum. Otherwise the scum will lead the town around by its nose. I don't allow that in any game I play. Please explain how I was confusing the issues at hand.

My playstyle is aggressive, no two ways about it. It just so happened that for awhile it was a focused firestorm between Artem and me, because Artem is as stubborn as I am and didn't back down (that makes it more fun anyway, so I'm not complaining). Now that he and I are done arguing, I have branched out again and am suspecting more people. The fact that a heated debate causes people to latch onto points is an occupational hazard, and is unavoidable if you are active.

As for Artem being the victim rather than the aggressor, I disagree. Of course, he probably agrees with you, and several people have agreed with each of us, so I think that is probably a matter of perspective.

Finally, just because your predecessor didn't do it doesn't make it any less scummy for you to make up for lost time.

You aren't winning any prizes with me in the posts since you replaced in. I suspect you more now then I did afatchic, and combined with my suspicion of him, I am rather well convinced that you are scum, and that CF Riot is one of your buddies due to the repeated "there is no case against afatchic" defenses. It's nothing personal of course. I just think you replaced into a bad situation and are making it worse unwittingly while trying to fix it. That said, die scum die. :P
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Goon
Scheherazade
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Scheherazade »

@Kairyuu: My problem is neither with aggression nor long posts.

I brought up aggression because I see that it forced you to role-claim (and for Myk to role-claim to back you up). This is bad because it improves the Mafia's chances of hitting a power role townie like a cop. That is counter-productive for town.

Of course, you may not have realised until it was too late that your argument with Artem might cause you to have to role-claim.

My problem isn't that you made long posts. It was that you seemed to be going back to previously established facts. Even if Artem didn't agree with you or see what you were saying, continuing to argue those points seemed to diminish their relevance and clutter the page. I just felt that it was personal rather than productive posting.

As for considering Artem the victim... It may be that I found the kitten disarming. :P
Kairyuu
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Kairyuu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by Kairyuu »

@Zade: People don't seem to like aggression. I have no idea why, since it has such potential to help the town. The unfortunate side effect of that was my needing to claim D1, and needing myko to back me up to prove that claim. I agree that it gives the scum a better chance in some sense, but what could I have done different? I had to either confirm myself, or get lynched. I took the selfish way out and did what my role is meant for. I confirmed myself and my partner.

I disagree that it is counter-productive, because it leaves the scum at a crossroads, kind of like being hit by a fork move in chess. Either way you are at a loss. The scum could kill one of the claims (me, myko, or germy) and get rid of a power role that does not hurt them directly, but would be a massive problem to have during LyLo, or they could take a stab in the dark and hope they come up with a role that can hurt them directly/stop their kill, like a cop, rb, doc, or sk, none of which they even know about for sure past the fact that there is at least one of them.

Either way I see the scum being in a bad spot right now. If they attack one of the claims then they could be stopped by a doc, but if they attack one of the unknowns, they have a relatively low chance of hitting anything besides a vanilla. I'm glad I was forced to claim, even if I die because of it.

Next point: The whole point is that Artem and I didn't agree. That is the entire reason the points were argued. If we had just ignored the other's points, then we would be the scummiest players here.

Yes it was personal in that it was between just the two of us. No it was not personal in that I was not continuing the argument just to prove myself right. If it was merely a pride thing, then I would still be pushing it. In the end we pretty much just agreed to disagree for now, and continue later, assuming we are both still alive.

The kitten is cute, I will cede that point, but kittens are devil spawn, and should not be trusted. :D

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”