Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

q21 wrote: The only, repeat: only, reason I am not going to change my vote to you is that I feel L-2 on page 3 is getting too close to quick-lynch territory. A quick day one lynch is bad for the town, even if you are scum. I will leave it at
HOS: Mr_Adams
Well, I can't find the other post I wanted, but I'll summarize it. something about
"Whens the last time you saw scum pile on to a bandwagon for a quick day one lynch?"
then
"I would happily sacrafice one townie on day one to get scum on days 2 and 3"

Your "Only, repeat, only reason" for not voting me, seemes like an apeal to the idea that scum would be piling on at this point.
http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=115728
http://www.conquerclub.com/static/banner.animated.fgdg.468x60.gif
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:52 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

xtoxm wrote: TSN is also very scummy. Looks very much like he's trying to push a newbie lynch there.

Adams looks nothing like scum to me, he just looks new. I do NOT want him lynched today.
Newbies are scum too, and adams is dropping common
new player
scum tells, (pushing a wagon on a 'hunch,' resorting to OMGUS). So yes, I am pushing a newbie lynch, in the sense that I believe Adams is a newbie who is also scum.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:00 am

Post by Xtoxm »

As newbie-town, I often built cases around OMGUS style, and voted on hunches. I have never heard of a newbie-scum doing either.

Also, I having really seen what you mention predominatly in his play, anyway.

He looks town to me.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:21 am

Post by Riceballtail »

I don't think Mr.A really posted any useful content in that it was built a lot around OMGUS, but that's a common newbie trait (town or scum IMO).

While you do this often, I still find it suspicious and
FoS:Xtoxm
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:33 am

Does that, um, completely not make sense to anyone else?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:34 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Sounds like he's FOSing me for finding my playstyle scummy.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:12 am

Yeah, except not your playstyle now, your playstyle before. . . I haven't seen you engaging in either of those things this game.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:03 am

Post by q21 »

Mr_Adams wrote:
q21 wrote: The only, repeat: only, reason I am not going to change my vote to you is that I feel L-2 on page 3 is getting too close to quick-lynch territory. A quick day one lynch is bad for the town, even if you are scum. I will leave it at
HOS: Mr_Adams
Well, I can't find the other post I wanted, but I'll summarize it. something about
"Whens the last time you saw scum pile on to a bandwagon for a quick day one lynch?"
then
"I would happily sacrafice one townie on day one to get scum on days 2 and 3"

Your "Only, repeat, only reason" for not voting me, seemes like an apeal to the idea that scum would be piling on at this point.
Are you attributing the underlined bits to me? I made a post where I appeared to say that because I left out some quote tags. There is a corrected post later in the thread when I realised just how badly I had messed up the original.

Does that change your view at all?
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:04 am

Post by q21 »

TheSweatpantsNinja wrote:Yeah, except not your playstyle now, your playstyle before. . . I haven't seen you engaging in either of those things this game.

So you find him scummy for the way he played in a different game? May O be the first to say WTF?!
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:06 am

That's what it sounds like RBT is saying. Although I might frequently find someone scummy based on the way they played in a different game compared to a present one, that's not the case with xtoxm.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:29 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Riceball - please clarify your vote on Xtoxm. I don't think anybody understands the point you were trying to make.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:34 am

Post by Riceballtail »

I find his avid defense a bit strong for someone he has no idea on the play style of. Therefore, I FoS'd, not voted, because it's not strong enough of a case to vote.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:06 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

RBT has played with me before and knows this is how I play. Even though you admit you know this, FOSing me is ridiculous.

I believe Bionic has seen a good example of similar play of mine as town...:P
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

I know, but the game I played with you that lasted the longest you were scum, so I have to be at least a little suspicious of you.

Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

What?

Being scum in a previous game does not make it more likely I am scum here.
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Oct 10, 2008 3:40 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

Nope, but it's the way I have the most experience dealing with you. So I am going to always frame everything in that light, in comparison to you being a townie.

ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:47 am

Post by ZazieR »

q21 wrote:To lay it out something like clearly.

ZazieR wrote:
Okay, i didn't like your hunch, but that is just your opinion. I can't change your opinion so i didn't respond to it, although I don't agree with it.

ZazieR wrote:
I kept my vote on him as we don't know his allignment. He can say that he's a miller, while actually being scum and I don't want him out of the spotlight yet.

The contradiction in these two posts is that in the first post you don't agree with Mr_Adams hunch that X may be scum. In the second post though you suggest that Mr_Adams may be scum as reason for keeping you vote on him.

ZazieR wrote:
He voted due to his hunch as if he was sure that scum X is saying that he's a miller to use it as an excuse when the cop would investigate him. I didn't.

I kept my random vote as I had no other player to chance it to and as nobody else was voting X there would be no harm keeping my vote. I also didn't know what to think of X's claim. Another reason for keeping my vote.

What should I think of the claim? Both sides could use this claim. Scum would have a reason why they turn up guilty when investigated by the cop. A townie would say it that the cop wouldn't make a mistake.
That's why I decided to decide if X is scum by his posts afterwards as this claim is a null-tell.

Suspects I have right now:
Adams for his unvote.
Bionicchop2 as I didn't like your reason for voting Chaz.
q21 as I don't what to think of those links and his explanation afterwards of which I already gave a comment about.

This can change soon.

This does nothing to clarify anything really. If anything he compounds his contradiction as at this point he is still voting for X, while making a list of three people he suspects... a list X isn't on. (but didn't he just say X may be scum? I thought he did.)

My RBT vote, it achieves nothing at the moment, though I would very much like to see more posting from RBT. At this moment a Zazier vote seems better.

unvote, vote Zazier
I've already explained what I meant with the first quote. The reason I didn't agree with his hunch is because he voted based upon it. That gives me the impression that he already concluded that X is scum due to his claim. That's why I didn't like his hunch.

Also, it's strange to see that you've quoted the part where I said what I think of X, and then start wondering why X isn't on that list. Just look at the quote and you'll see why.

Info regarding my list:
Adams unvoted as he wanted to please the other players.
Bionicchop2 voted Chaz only because he assumed Adams is town. However, we don't know Adams allignment yet. If Adams's allignment was known and he was indeed a townie, then I could agree with it.
And I already explained why I didn't like q21.

If I missed any questions please say so.
Ignore the ''R''
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:21 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

ZazieR wrote: If I missed any questions please say so.
Yes, you have still missed the question about why you haven't voted for any of your suspects.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:24 am

Post by q21 »

Zazier - the last quote from you is contradictive (is that even a word?) because you say that you don't specifically think X is scum, you're just not sure about his claim. In pretty much the same breath (you know, if you were talking, not typing) you list other people who you do actively suspect.

At the end of it, though, you're still voting X.

Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Riceballtail »

q21 wrote:Zazier - the last quote from you is contradictive (is that even a word?) because you say that you don't specifically think X is scum, you're just not sure about his claim. In pretty much the same breath (you know, if you were talking, not typing) you list other people who you do actively suspect.

At the end of it, though, you're still voting X.
I think that this is a good point, but I can also think that it may be because ZazieR has not yet decided on who to vote/go after next. It may also be due to not having enough evidence to really support this either.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:04 am

Post by ZazieR »

Thanks RBT. Finally someone who understands. But it's never good to give some explanations other players can use.

At this moment, I'm looking for more evidence. I don't like voting based upon one single reason. I'll come back tomorrow and point out things that I don't like about these three players, but perhaps when I look into the others, I'll find more that I would like to point out.

Just wait and see what Zazie will point out tomorrow :).
Ignore the ''R''
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:27 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

ZazieR wrote: Bionicchop2 voted Chaz only because he assumed Adams is town.
This isn't entirely true. My reason for thinking Mr_Adams was town was because I was suspicious of Chaz's vote on him. I voted Chaz because the reasoning given for the vote did not seem solid. This lead me to think Chaz was joining the largest wagon out of convenience. In reality, this could happen if Adams was scum too - if a partner thought they were going to get lynched anyway and wanted to make sure they voted early enough.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:09 am

Post by Xtoxm »

Game is slowing.

I think those who aren't voting, or insisting on keeping their random vote on despite being out of the random stage should place real votes...
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by chazworthington »

I think there is a decent case that Mr. Adams is town. although I may be drawing the wrong conclusions here. Post 82 sees him FoS myself, q21 and KoC. 30 minutes later he comes back and votes for KoC. So he was clearly thinking about the game and/or his post during that time. He does this again in post 165 when he posts his thoughts on KoC after mentioning he forgot to include him in his rundown. Again, he's clearly re-reading his posts after the fact. I tend to think he'd have been more careful if he was scum.

That being said, I do find it frustrating that he doesn't follow up discussion on any of my posts. However, he's also doing that with q21.

With that, I'm not liking TheSweatPantsNinja. Post 70 looks to be doing nothing but fanning the flames for a Mr. Adams lynch. It also takes him two days to decide to vote for Mr. Adams for his contenting boiling down to OMGUS. If you're that certain its a newbie scum tell, why wait that long?

Unvote: Mr. Adams
Vote: SPN
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:31 pm

Post by Mr_Adams »

chaz, I'm sorry I haven't answered your questions, but the answer to most everyone of them has been the same. stupid, not-paying-attention mistakes, and just general ignorance.
http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=115728
http://www.conquerclub.com/static/banner.animated.fgdg.468x60.gif

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”