MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:59 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

letsbefriends wrote:Wow, are all of you that want to shoot me actually think I am scummy or are you only voting me because you don't disagree with me?
Both.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:59 am

Post by letsbefriends »

ebwop:
Wow, are all of you that want to shoot me actually think I am scummy or are you only voting me because you don't
agree
with me?
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:00 am

Post by letsbefriends »

MafiaSSK wrote:
letsbefriends wrote:Wow, are all of you that want to shoot me actually think I am scummy or are you only voting me because you don't disagree with me?
Both.
Right, and can you answer my question as well then? Why don't you think my idea is good? Or what is sekinj's better?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:22 am

Post by sekinj »

letsbefriends wrote:
sekinj wrote:@LBF: I get tired of your questions. I think they are goign around in circles.
I don't beleive we can truely "cut the executioner step". Anyone who is elected executioner KNOWS that they have to answer to the town anyway, and that's IF they don't just get shot by the lynchee right off.
Look, I'm not asking if you think if it will or will not be possible. I'm asking if you think it will benefit town
if it is done
. If everyone agrees that it will benefit town, that means we can decide together that that is how we should play. I'm getting tired of you trying to avoid the actual questions.
I've answered your questions a million times. I DO NOT THINK THE TOWN WILL HAVE ANY ADVANTAGE IF WE DO IT YOUR WAY. End of Story.

In fact you claim you are trying to cut out the influence of scum, yet you are trying so hard to get everyone to play it your way. Your previous misrep of me plus your refusal to take an answer now...you are starting to look scummy to me. not to mention your WIFOM earlier about not wanting to be executioner...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:50 am

Post by Empking »

The first.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:00 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Ummm... whaaat?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:05 am

Post by Empking »

The first.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:21 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

Ah, that explains it.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:34 am

Post by letsbefriends »

sekinj wrote:
letsbefriends wrote:
sekinj wrote:@LBF: I get tired of your questions. I think they are goign around in circles.
I don't beleive we can truely "cut the executioner step". Anyone who is elected executioner KNOWS that they have to answer to the town anyway, and that's IF they don't just get shot by the lynchee right off.
Look, I'm not asking if you think if it will or will not be possible. I'm asking if you think it will benefit town
if it is done
. If everyone agrees that it will benefit town, that means we can decide together that that is how we should play. I'm getting tired of you trying to avoid the actual questions.
I've answered your questions a million times. I DO NOT THINK THE TOWN WILL HAVE ANY ADVANTAGE IF WE DO IT YOUR WAY. End of Story.
Still going in circles. THIS IS NOT A REASON. WHEN YOU ANSWER
WHY
OR
HOW
IT ISN'T ADVANTAGEOUS, THEN IT IS A REASON. You are so dense, it's making me crazy.
sekinj wrote: In fact you claim you are trying to cut out the influence of scum, yet you are trying so hard to get everyone to play it your way. Your previous misrep of me plus your refusal to take an answer now...you are starting to look scummy to me. not to mention your WIFOM earlier about not wanting to be executioner...
Previous misrep? You mean when it was your fault for not reading and misunderstanding my idea? Yeah, must be completely my fault.

It's WIFOM because you want to consider it WIFOM. I said what I meant. You voted Shadowgirl. It COULD be WIFOM as you could be scum trying to buddy up, so I'm going to go ahead and say that's WIFOM as well.
Empking wrote:
The first.
Oh, ok. I'm sure you have your reasons, but yeah, let's just keep everything to ourselves. Don't need to share them at all.

Vote: sekinj
for executioner. I hope she will lynch herself.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:06 am

Post by Max »

Vote Count "Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than somebody":

sekinj (4): Mana_Ku, orangepenguin, ShadowGirl (Post 175 (Not entirely sure whether this is vote as quote tags messed up)), Caboose

Mana_Ku (2): Empking, Knight of Cydonia

ShadowGirl (1): sekinj
Empking (1): Tovarish
Caboose(1) MafiaSSK

Knight of Cydonia
letsbefriends
Tovarish
orangepenguin
lord_hur
MafiaSSK
RestFermata

Not Voting (3): letsbefriends, lord_hur, RestFermata
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:13 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

LBF, I was wrong. It isn't WIFOM. However, I don't like his idea. The reason why I don't like this is because he wants us to say who we want to lynch. Then we should vote the player who would lynch the player who we want to lynch. Look at post 232 what is meant with his idea. The problem with this idea is that scum can put influence in it. This isn't the case with Sekinj's idea. Besides, I also agree with some ideas of Sekinj. Thus she received my vote as executioner.
But i didn't see it as WIFOM due to suggesting an idea.

Why i agree more with Sekinj's idea: We can see connections. We see who wants to lynch who and who they trust to be an executioner. Scum has to be more careful with this idea then with your idea. Also when the sht comes into play, there is another thing that can show us a connection between players.

I think the 'elect an executioner' stage is helpful for town. It starts discussion. Why do you want that person to be the executioner? It shows connections and it shows the thoughts of players. I see no reason to skip this.

Mod-LetsBeFriends is also voting Sekinj

LBF, do you think Sekinj will lynch herself?

Sekinj, who will you lynch?

Where are all the players?
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:24 am

Post by letsbefriends »

Because that possibility is there. And as long as it's there, she just might. I have hope.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:48 am

Post by sekinj »

It looks like the mod isn't counting snarky votes...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:53 am

Post by sekinj »

@LBF: I'm definitely not going to lynch myself, but dont' worry, I may very well be shot by whomever I decide to lynch.

@manu: all I can see right now is the discussion with LBF. I'd like to take a step back and re-evalate a bit. I'd also like to get everyone else's input on it as well.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:19 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Mod: Yeah, I'm voting sekinj.
Caboose
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Caboose
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:20 am

Post by Caboose »

Enough mechanics. Scumhunting time. Now!
KoC wrote:Vote: Mana_Ku, as she seems to be the only person here with two working eyes and some brain cells left dedicated to reading comprehension.
FoS: KoC

For using an ad hom argument, which I personally take exception to.

I would still like to hear from KoC as to why he used an ad hom for the reason for his vote.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:54 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

I love how people want me gone and are voting me for not being here. I've explained it already, but I got my role pm, and I expected to get a thread link too, and I looked in the wrong forum, so I never saw/found the thread, until a few days and and many pages into the game.

Sekinj, I think you should shoot LBF, for obvious reasons.
Shoot: LBF
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

orangepenguin wrote:I love how people want me gone and are voting me for not being here. I've explained it already, but I got my role pm, and I expected to get a thread link too, and I looked in the wrong forum, so I never saw/found the thread, until a few days and and many pages into the game.
Your first post was at page 7. In that same post, you also vote sekinj. Are you placing your vote without reading the entire game? If you read the entire game, you didn't see anything else you worth discussion?

Your second post, in page 10, also seems to imply you haven't read anything. We discussed what you posted somewhere in between page 7 and 10. If you haven't bothered reading those pages either, how do you come up with the decision that you don't like my idea? Could it be that you're just following other people?
orangepenguin wrote: Sekinj, I think you should shoot LBF, for obvious reasons.
Shoot: LBF
Yay, OMGUS and trying to get people to bandwagon me? Apparently the reasons are so obvious it does not need to be stated. The way the rest of the town completely ignores when people cast their vote, I think there's a bright future ahead for everyone.

For all the people voting to shoot me,
orangepenguin, Empking, MafiaSSK
, am I the most scummy person to you at the moment?
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:56 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

No, I have been reading. sekinj has by far the best strategy. Plus, I've played with her before, so I trust her more than anyone else (as much as you can trust anyone in these games). Your idea is not a good one, and is scummy. And that answers your question, yes. Just because I haven't posted 10 posts per page doesn't mean I haven't been reading. I just "joined" the game a week after everyone else, which puts me at a big disadvantage, post count wise.
letsbefriends
letsbefriends
Goon
letsbefriends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:04 pm

Post by letsbefriends »

orangepenguin wrote:No, I have been reading. sekinj has by far the best strategy. Plus, I've played with her before, so I trust her more than anyone else (as much as you can trust anyone in these games).
How does her playstyle in other games affect her alignment in this game?
orangepenguin wrote: Your idea is not a good one, and is scummy. And that answers your question, yes.
Please enlighten me to how it is scummy.
orangepenguin wrote: Just because I haven't posted 10 posts per page doesn't mean I haven't been reading. I just "joined" the game a week after everyone else, which puts me at a big disadvantage, post count wise.
Post count has nothing to do with it. It's the lack of content. You've read 7 pages and all you have to say is that you agree with sekinj? Also, when you talk about something that has already been discussed, it shows you haven't been reading.
lord_hur
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
lord_hur
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:01 am

Post by lord_hur »

letsbefriends wrote:
orangepenguin wrote:No, I have been reading. sekinj has by far the best strategy. Plus, I've played with her before, so I trust her more than anyone else (as much as you can trust anyone in these games).
How does her playstyle in other games affect her alignment in this game?
As much as I prefer sekinj's reasoning to LBF's overall, I have to agree with her here. Looks quite scummy to me.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:57 am

Post by Empking »

Letsbefriends maked a good point. I don't think you're the scummiest.

Lynch; Letsbefriends

Shoot: OP
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Mana_Ku
Mana_Ku
Goon
Mana_Ku
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:33 am

Post by Mana_Ku »

OP, I want to hear your thoughts about the three different ideas mentioned by Caboose, Sekinj and LBF.
What are the obvious reasons to lynch (at least that is what I think you meant with shoot) LBF?
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Max »

Vote Count "Elections are won by men and women chiefly because most people vote against somebody rather than somebody":

sekinj (5): Mana_Ku, orangepenguin, ShadowGirl, letsbefriends, Caboose

Mana_Ku (2): Empking, Knight of Cydonia

ShadowGirl (1): sekinj
Empking (1): Tovarish
Caboose(1) MafiaSSK

Knight of Cydonia
letsbefriends
Tovarish
orangepenguin
lord_hur
MafiaSSK
RestFermata

Not Voting (2): lord_hur, RestFermata
RestFermata
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
RestFermata
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:38 am

Post by RestFermata »

I say we elect sekinj to be executioner. Even though I kind of agree with LBF's strategy, sekinj has already asked us to hold the executioner accountable for going against the town, so I don't really find it all that different. The executioner
always
has the option of going against the town, even under LBF's plan, even though it'll probably get them into
huge
trouble the next day. In practice, I don't think it'll end up that different. We're all going to want to elect an executioner that we think will listen to our opinions, so if they don't, I hope we'll make them answer for it tomorrow.

I say someone (not me! I'm terrible at counting!) should keep
Lynch
and
Shoot
counts so that the executioner has to give reasoning for going against the will of the town should he/she choose to do so, rather than just say "Oh, I didn't realize you guys wanted me to kill XXXX, guess I miscounted." Now, whether or not we believe that the executioner
should
have the final say over who is lynched, the truth is he/she
will
have the final say over who is lynched. I just want them to take the full burden of responsibility for any deviations from the will of the town rather than making lame excuses.

Now. I say the executioner should
Lynch
orangepenguin. I find the "I WANNA PLAY MISH MASH MAFIA NOT A MINI NORMAL" thing to be pretty contrived. Obviously there is a built-in change in mechanics already, so it's not a mini normal regardless. I'm not buying it.

I don't have an opinion on who should be shot yet, since I haven't found anyone else I think is particularly scummy, but I may soon.

Vote: sekinj

I think that's, uh, E-1.
"Time forks endlessly toward innumerable futures. In one of them I am your enemy." —Jorge Luis Borges

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”