iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:11 am

Post by iLord »

mDSM

PBPA on Pesco:
Pesco wrote:Really. W.T.F.?!?

Lynch the both of you for being goblins (behaviour-wise) and all the dwarves are better off.

Actually looking at the arguments presented beyond the emo, Timeater is coming out scummier. I'm not giving Cyber a free pass either, because a cool-headed scum can just be playing it easy while you tangle yourself up some more.

Vote Timeater
FoS Cyber
Pesco has succeeded in pulling suspicion on both Bob and Tim without stating any reasons for either, other than that they were arguing, which is a null tell.
Pesco wrote:Roffman voted you because you weren't being helpful to town. That's not a random vote.

All your posts before the fiasco with Cyber has nothing in terms of useful information, just fluffy cotton candy. Getting all worked up at Cyber's FoS indicated to me that you were being extremely jumpy for something that small. Instead of making him remove his FoS by actually giving good content, you made a huge distraction. These reactions make you scummy, failing that, a liability to town if you are innocent.

Lastly, I'm calling your WIFOM here. I'll take the wine in front of me.
Explains reasons for Tim.

Not for Bob.
Pesco wrote:Rereading from the very beginning again, this post actually sounds like Tim was voting Cyber because Cyber didn't find Roffman scummy (admitted as a ragevote here. I want clarification on why Tim has such tunnel vision against Roffman, with no metagaming as reasons.

I intended to pay closer attention to the Tuber discussion in my read, but the size of the flamewar proved too big for me to pick out much.

What I have noticed is that Tim and Tuber have been somewhat mutually defensive of each other. They read each other as pro-town and declare the same people scummy. Something is not quite right here.
That last sentence is the important part. With only the fact that Tim and Tuber are agreeing, Pesco draws the brilliant conclusion that they are scumbuddies. Tactfully, he does not outright state this, of course, but he's managed once again to put suspicion on players for poor reasions.
Pesco wrote:It'd be more odd if he turned up scum. Why do you even need to post a line like this? Feling the same vibe as everyone before me on this one.

FoS Tim
I'm not quite getting Pesco's logic for thinking Tim's scum here.
Pesco wrote:This one smells like WIFOM loaded crap. Reading into it as a bluff, I'd say that if Roffman is scum, he's got a safe-claim as a cook and hence the need to fish. This conclusion is a bit contradictory to the exchange between Roffman and Tim, where it seems that both of them do know what a cook does. In that case, I'm still a bit uncomfortable with accepting that 2 players can have the same role and be on the same side.

If it weren't for this, I'd have voted Tim again in agreeance with Sekinj. Roffman is doing more IioA compared to Tim's plain anti-town behaviour.

Vote Roffman
This is a weak attack on Roffman - he's already offered to be lynched first, so that lowers the possibility of a gambit (especially since he's not confirmed if Tim turns up town).

Right now, my view on the situation is that Roffman and Tim are both town, mostly due to my read of Roffman as town right now. Tim is almost guarenteed town, unless both he and Tim are scum together. And if they are, such a situation will become evident soon enough.
Pesco wrote:I'm just going to throw out my read on this whole cook-roleclaim.

When Roffman first said he wanted to be a lightning rod for NK, I felt it was WIFOM. Tim's reaction of saying he doesn't want to play that way, gave me the feel that they had abilities. My thoughts concluded that they were cops with sanity issues (multiple occurences of the same role on one side). This told me it would be WIFOM thrown at scum, I could accept that to be risky town play.

The problem now arises that they're claiming vanilla. Every team has vanillas, be they town, scum, cults, third party etc. Bob was also a vanilla, yet his role-title was animal trainer. One cook flipping vanilla is not going to clear anyone else.
Wait, I just thought about it a bit.

If the scum get Chef as a safeclaim/role despite Chef being an actual town role, then they could be of different alignment.

I need to think about this.

----------------------------------------------

Overall, the case against Pesco was a lot weaker than my vibes indicated.

I'm inclined to go to a
Vote Sekinj
instead.

I need to ponder the Roffman/Timeater thing some more.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

iLord, do you have a role quirk you'd like to tell us about? Something to do with the fact you seem to be putting random letters at teh start of every post? Are you in a Strange Mood?
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:17 pm

Post by iLord »

KoC wrote:iLord, do you have a role quirk you'd like to tell us about? Something to do with the fact you seem to be putting random letters at teh start of every post? Are you in a Strange Mood?
Nah, it's just "mDSM" a semi-random stream of letters to get me to the preview page, where I type up most of my posts.

Do you understand the nature of my attack against you?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by Timeater »

Nah, it's just "mDSM" a semi-random stream of letters to get me to the preview page, where I type up most of my posts.
ahhh thats a good idea I guess. I really wish these forums included the bold, italic, underline, quote, etc, in the quick reply box. lots of other forums do it.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:25 pm

Post by iLord »

Yeah, I like the other system of forums a lot better, where you can press Ctl B for bold and other stuff.
andersonw
andersonw
Goon
andersonw
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by andersonw »

Hey, KoC, could you respond to my three comments in my previous post?
Claus
Claus
Mafia Scum
Claus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by Claus »

The History of Oslanvathez

Demos! Spewing out from the Adamantite shaft! The legendary military of Oslanvathez is summoned.

Vote Count!

Timeater 3 - KoC, Sekinj, Ramus
Sekinj 2 - Timeater, iLord
Roffman 1 - Pesco

Not Voting

Tuberkulos, Reborn537, Andersonw, roffman

With 10 creatures alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Timeater »

Off-Topic (kinda):

I tried playing dwarf fortress, seems really really complicated D:

Its more of a sim/resource/strategy game than anything else, right?

/*
* Yup.
*/
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:57 pm

Post by Tuberkulos »

iLord wrote:If the scum get Chef as a safeclaim/role despite Chef being an actual town role, then they could be of different alignment
It is a possebility, but I find it unlikely. Just a feeling though, you never know.

I do have to agree with iLord's thesis about Timeater and roffman having the same alignment. It seems like the most logical at the moment. If they are town or not is another question to be answered.
Timeater wrote:Will consider a KoC if he gets some votes and a momentum towards a lynch, but I'm quite happy going after Sekinj atm
I guess that you consider both Sekinj and KoC as scum, but why would you rather vote Sekinj over KoC?
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:59 pm

Post by Timeater »

I guess that you consider both Sekinj and KoC as scum, but why would you rather vote Sekinj over KoC?
Why do people keep asking redundant questions? They're both practically begging to be lynched. I dont really care which one we go after. KoC claiming I "misrepped" her, when he failed to read between the lines (or just ignore the intent behind Sekinj's post) - is not helping him. Also KoC trying to debase my scum targets by basically saying my thoughts and ideas dont count because they are OMGUS votes doesn't help. KoC's points are generally pretty weak and to me seem like cliche scum attempts I've seen before many a time.

iLord seems to agree with me about Sekinj, which is convient. Like I said, I'm fine with going after either one. I'm flexible and I'll do what the town wants *shrug*
watch for the eggshells
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:57 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

[quote="iLord"]iLord seems to agree with me about Sekinj, which is convient. Like I said, I'm fine with going after either one. I'm flexible and I'll do what the town wants[/b]

Of course it's convenient to have such a townish-looking guy on your side. And I don't find your "flexibility" as a contribution to town. A contribution to a lycnh, yes.

I do agree with you about KoC and Sekinj though. They are in a unconvenient situation, where one of them is most likely to be lynched as it looks right now. But they haven't convinced me yet of being scum(s).
Tuberkulos
Tuberkulos
Goon
Tuberkulos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:58 am

Post by Tuberkulos »

Timeater wrote:iLord seems to agree with me about Sekinj, which is convient. Like I said, I'm fine with going after either one. I'm flexible and I'll do what the town wants
Of course it's convenient to have such a townish-looking guy on your side. And I don't find your "flexibility" as a contribution to town. A contribution to a lycnh, yes.

I do agree with you about KoC and Sekinj though. They are in a unconvenient situation, where one of them is most likely to be lynched as it looks right now. But they haven't convinced me yet of being scum(s).
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 am

Anderson - your last post was just a bunch of statements against quoted posts of mine. There are no questions there.
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:35 am

Post by iLord »

So roffman, do you agree with me about Sekinj?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:37 am

Post by sekinj »

iLord wrote:So roffman, do you agree with me about Sekinj?
What is there to agree with again? You don't like my case against you or you don't like my case against time?

pretty interesting that the only two people voting me are the people I made cases against. Sounds like you both have a lot to go on.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:46 am

Post by iLord »

Sekinj, you're right, I don't like your case against me.

However, I've voting you because of the logic used in the case benefits only scum.

Only scum would lynch on the basis that even if they were town, it still wouldn't harm the town.

That's why I'm voting you.

And that's what I'm asking roffman about.

I think your case against me is weak as well, and I've explained why in my long post a while back.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Pesco47 »

iLord wrote: Overall, the case against Pesco was a lot weaker than my vibes indicated.
So you were misguided. I can forgive you for that.

@ iLord: I'd like to know why you seem to be prepared to write off just about everything Tim has done? From a purely analytical view of his playstyle, it's not exactly the best thing to convince people with and you say that it hasn't harmed town. How has Tim made any benefit to town then? How do you keep reading him as town?
Ramus
Ramus
Goon
Ramus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:10 am

Post by Ramus »

Catching up...

Anyway, the town is at a near halt as far as discussion goes. I don't see reason to lynch sekinj YET, though it could definitely change in the future. As far as iLord is concerned, I also believe he's townie. The only people I see that are likely scum right now are roffman and Timeater, but even now, the point seems to be moot.

Either way, the game is getting boring right now and iLord is right, long days are not good for the town. But the thing is, I don't know how we're going to get a majority, let alone get talk going.

Look all I'm saying is that we need to get some discussion going, perhaps by voting or something to annoy someone.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:28 am

I don't see reason to lynch sekinj YET
, though it could definitely change in the future. As far as iLord is concerned, I also believe he's townie.
The only people I see that are likely scum right now are roffman and Timeater
, but even now, the point seems to be moot.
So you see no reason to lynch sekinj yet - which implies you would lynch later - but then you say the only people you have a scum read on right now are roffman and Tim. Are you saying you would lynch sekinj later on regardless? And why is the point moot? They're scummy, explain why, get people to vote for them, lynch, win (hopefully).
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:31 am

Post by iLord »

@Pesco: What has Tim done? No one else answer.

[quote="KoC']So you see no reason to lynch sekinj yet - which implies you would lynch later - but then you say the only people you have a scum read on right now are roffman and Tim. Are you saying you would lynch sekinj later on regardless? And why is the point moot? They're scummy, explain why, get people to vote for them, lynch, win (hopefully). [/quote]

Very good catch on the "yet" - I was thinking the same thing.

Ramus needs to explain.

FOS: Ramus
roffman
roffman
Goon
roffman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:32 am

Post by roffman »

i agree with ilord that there is a case against sekinj, though i'm not really sure of the strength of it. I believe though that your wanting to lynch timeater even though he might be town to eliminate distractions is not necessarily a scummy action.

It's depressing that i'm 90% sure timeater is town, i still want to lynch him as scum.
Town - 3/5
Mafia - 1/4
Other - 1/1
iLord
iLord
Mafia Scum
iLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:38 am

Post by iLord »

Roffman wrote:It's depressing that i'm 90% sure timeater is town, i still want to lynch him as scum.
Why?
Roffman wrote:i agree with ilord that there is a case against sekinj, though i'm not really sure of the strength of it. I believe though that your wanting to lynch timeater even though he might be town to eliminate distractions is not necessarily a scummy action.
What do you mean by the case?

Do you think that it is a scummy action?

If you do, there's a case.

If you don't think it is a scummy action, then there is no case.

I don't get what you're trying to say, but I'm seeing some serious fence-sitting here.
Pesco47
Pesco47
Goon
Pesco47
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Pesco47 »

@Pesco: What has Tim done? No one else answer.
Nothing to town's benefit on Day 1, no original scum hunting on Day 2.

I've asked you some questions too, you should answer.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:53 am

Post by sekinj »

roffman wrote:i agree with ilord that there is a case against sekinj, though i'm not really sure of the strength of it. I believe though that your wanting to lynch timeater even though he might be town to eliminate distractions is not necessarily a scummy action.

It's depressing that i'm 90% sure timeater is town, i still want to lynch him as scum.
this doesn't make sense. You don't think lynching time because he is a distraction is scummy, however, you think there IS a case against me?? that is the entirety of IL's case... so you think there is a case out there against me, but the one IL is spouting isn't it? please enlighten.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:55 am

Post by sekinj »

I didn't see IL's post before I posted mine. same idea. both Roff and Ramus seem like they'd sure liek to lynch me but they aren't sure why...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”