Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

if the vote count gets considerably high, I'll remove it. I'm not stupid. I won't kill somebody on a hunch, just gingerly lay a vote there forthe time being.

Vote Count:
(2)X: Zazier, Mr_Adams
(1)chazworthington: TheSweatpantsNinja
(1)farkshinsoup: chazworthington
(1)Mr_Adams: farkshinsoup
(1)Mr. Avacado: bionicchop2
(1)Y.C: q21
(1)YOUNG ERIC: Y.C
(1)ZazieR: X

Not Voting: Knight of Cydonia, Mr. Avacado, YOUNG ERIC

Knight of Cydonia replaces Blitzer, effective immediately.

EDIT: Very funny, Mr_Adams, disabling BBCode. :cry:

http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=115728
http://www.conquerclub.com/static/banner.animated.fgdg.468x60.gif
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:59 am

Post by Knight of Cydonia »

If you weren't willing to lynch on a hunch, why put the vote there at all? You can hardly call it a pressure vote, since he's already claimed, and you yourself admitted your hunches are almsot always wrong.
FoS Mr Adams
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:16 pm

Post by X »

Mr_Adams wrote:I won't kill somebody on a hunch
No, you won't. Because the town won't let you.
Un(random)vote: ZazierR
Vote: Mr_Adams

You may just be careless, but we can't use careless people. Not saying we should lynch you...at this point...have to wait and see for that.
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by chazworthington »

Mr_Adams wrote:if the vote count gets considerably high, I'll remove it. I'm not stupid. I won't kill somebody on a hunch, just gingerly lay a vote there forthe time being.
Unvote; Vote: Mr_Adams

Several of us have put forth questions to X regarding his claim. I'd like your opinion of each of his answers.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:55 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

The early claim made me uncomfortable. I've never played a game with a miller before, and I don't like it. It's the only thing I can think of that made me single him out as scum. still it's just a hunch. would you be more comfortable if I
unvote
FOS: X
?
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:43 am

Post by ZazieR »

Okay, i didn't like your hunch, but that is just your opinion. I can't change your opinion so i didn't respond to it, although I don't agree with it.
But i don't agree with your unvote. If you believed it, then you shouldn't change it for other players. This seems to me as if you're trying to earn some town points and I don't like it.
Ignore the ''R''
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:06 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

Mod
- Can we get a status update on Blitzer, Mr.Avocado and Young Eric please?

Blitzer is now Knight of Cydonia. Mr. Avacado picked up his prod, but did not reply. YOUNG ERIC has done neither. Seeking replacements for the latter two.
The above written statement is pro-town.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:14 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

ZazieR wrote:Okay, i didn't like your hunch, but that is just your opinion. I can't change your opinion so i didn't respond to it, although I don't agree with it.
But i don't agree with your unvote. If you believed it, then you shouldn't change it for other players. This seems to me as if you're trying to earn some town points and I don't like it.
There are 3 votes on me. that's an uncomfortable situation at this point.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

and another question, when you get x votes (where x= lynch) is the lynch effective immediatly? or do you get to give one last plea? What is the format of this site?

The lynch is effective as soon as I log on and verify that it happened. Until then, the day goes into twilight where people can still talk but cannot vote or unvote.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

EDIT: Very funny, Mr_Adams, disabling BBCode.
BBC code is always disabled when I post. it's really annoying. I have to turn it on to make bold work. is there anyway to fix that?

Just go to your profile, there should be an option to "Always allow BBCode".
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:34 am

Mr_Adams wrote: There are 3 votes on me. that's an uncomfortable situation at this point.
As it should be. If you answer my question, mine may move. If you dodge it, it is likely to stay.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:11 am

Make that 4.
Vote: MrAdams

The fact you unvoted for no reason other than to try and get votes off you stinks. If you'd said "Okay, I was wrong about wanting to lynch unconfirmed Miller", it might have made more sense, but you didn't. I suspect if people had left you alone about it that vote would have stayed there all the live-long day.
Farkshinsoup
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Farkshinsoup
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Farkshinsoup »

Hmmm, this wagon on Mr_Adams picked up steam pretty quickly.

I approve of these events, and I'd like to hear more from Senor Adams.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:41 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

unvote avacado;vote chaz

While I don't agree with Mr_Adam's hunch, I didn't see his vote on X as a scummy action. Out of the people voting for him, Chaz seems to be the most opportunistic.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:08 am

Um... how, exactly? All he saying is that if Adams answers his questions, he'll consider unvoting him. Right now, Adams hasn't answered, so chaz hasn't unvoted...
chazworthington
chazworthington
Goon
chazworthington
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:01 am

bionicchop2 wrote:
unvote avacado;vote chaz

While I don't agree with Mr_Adam's hunch, I didn't see his vote on X as a scummy action. Out of the people voting for him, Chaz seems to be the most opportunistic.
Right now, all we have from Mr Adam is that his gut is telling him that he doesn't believe X. It is in the best interest of the town to force Mr Adam to define this further. Therefore, I've asked him some questions and backed it up with a vote.

Insinnuating that I'm being opportunistic while trying to get infomation is pretty poor, especially given some of the other votes on his wagon. Any reason you called me out on it? Or are you trying to keep Mr. Adams from answering? IGMEOY
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:32 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

chazworthington wrote:
bionicchop2 wrote:
unvote avacado;vote chaz

Right now, all we have from Mr Adam is that his gut is telling him that he doesn't believe X. It is in the best interest of the town to force Mr Adam to define this further. Therefore, I've asked him
some
questions and backed it up with a vote.
You are misrepresenting the scale of events, both in your response to my vote and in your phrasing of question(s) to him. I have bolded the word 'some' in your quote above. Here is the 'one' question you asked him, which was also your first vote directed at him.
chazworthington wrote:
Several
of us have put forth questions to X regarding his claim. I'd like your opinion of each of his answers.
I bolded the word several because it means more than two, but not many. This would imply there was a series of questions and answers with 'X' and others. Here are the 2 questions:
q21 wrote:One question for X though: Why wait until you had attracted a couple of votes, albeit random ones, before making the early miller claim? Why not claim miller in your first post?
Here is the first (2 part) question from q21.
chazworthington wrote:
X wrote:Actually, since I'm at L-4, I'll claim: I'm a miller. I heard it's good practice to claim miller early if you are one.
Can you provide the thread where you heard it was good practice to claim miller early?
There was your question, which wasn't much of a question.

Now if you asked me for my opinion on his responses to those 2 questions, I wouldn't have one. Neither were very pressing questions and the answers were equally run of the mill.

chazworthington wrote:Insinnuating that I'm being opportunistic while trying to get infomation is pretty poor, especially given some of the other votes on his wagon. Any reason you called me out on it? Or are you trying to keep Mr. Adams from answering? IGMEOY
Is KoC trying to keep you from answering?
Knight of Cydonia wrote:Um... how, exactly? All he saying is that if Adams answers his questions, he'll consider unvoting him. Right now, Adams hasn't answered, so chaz hasn't unvoted...
The other 3 votes against Adam's made sense (regardless of me agreeing / disagreeing with the reasoning). Farkin expressed suspicion and followed it up later with a vote. X was the one being voted by Adam's and there is always a small amount of OMGUS when someone attacks you (if you know a case is false, you suspect the accuser). KoC came across as intentionally trying to increase pressure and the reasoning was based on new information (the unvote) which does look a little odd.

Your vote came with a question. You could have asked the question, then voted if he dodged it, but you chose the guilty until proven innocent route. I said your vote was opportunistic and I think you are trying to blend in. This does not imply your question shouldn't be answered.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:41 am

Post by ZazieR »

The hunch isn't the problem with me. I didn't like how he unvoted immediatly after when some players gave comments regarding Adam's vote against X.

Bionicchop2, what do you think of this?
Ignore the ''R''
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:03 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

ZazieR wrote:The hunch isn't the problem with me. I didn't like how he unvoted immediatly after when some players gave comments regarding Adam's vote against X.

Bionicchop2, what do you think of this?
bionicchop2 wrote:KoC came across as intentionally trying to increase pressure and the reasoning was based on new information (the unvote) which does look a little odd.
As I mentioned in my previous post, I do think the unvote is odd. From earlier in the game, you can see I am not a big fan of unvoting unless a player is in immediate danger of a lynch which needs to be delayed or there is a better place for a vote. This move does hint of trying to appease the other players. This is his first action I would interpret as a possible scum tell.
Mr_Adams
Mr_Adams
Goon
Mr_Adams
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:04 am

Post by Mr_Adams »

As I said in post 54. I've never played in a game with a miller before. (I had to go google the role to figure out what it was.) I reacted poorly, and now it looks like I'll be lynched for it. So be it, it'll be a lesson learned.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:08 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

Mr. Adams play baffles me thoroughly. First, he votes for a miller just because he'd never heard of the role before. . . which is, y'know,
bad.
And now he's doing the "oh, woe is me, I'm going to get lynched" when he's at three votes. This confuses me.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:18 am

Post by q21 »

Mr_Adams wrote:The early claim made me uncomfortable. I've never played a game with a miller before, and I don't like it. It's the only thing I can think of that made me single him out as scum. still it's just a hunch. would you be more comfortable if I
unvote
FOS: X
?
I do not like this post at all, unvoting for no reason other than to appease the town is scummy. Others have mentioned this, but I think its worth saying again.
Mr_Adams wrote:As I said in post 54. I've never played in a game with a miller before. (I had to go google the role to figure out what it was.) I reacted poorly, and now it looks like I'll be lynched for it. So be it, it'll be a lesson learned.
This is an appeal to emotion. It is for my money a scumtell.

The only, repeat: only, reason I am not going to change my vote to you is that I feel L-2 on page 3 is getting too close to quick-lynch territory. A quick day one lynch is bad for the town, even if you are scum. I will leave it at
HOS: Mr_Adams
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
X
X
Mafia Scum
X
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:46 am

Post by X »

Mr_Adams wrote:I reacted poorly, and now it looks like I'll be lynched for it. So be it, it'll be a lesson learned.
Oh, come on. Seriously, defend/explain yourself. No matter what, it's in your best interest to survive, and it's in our best interest to figure out if you're town or not.

And bionicchop2, post 66 is simply manipulating semantics. I don't really find anything convincing in it. This may just be your style, but I wouldn't say it's a clear one. I'm a fan of looking for scummy actions and insinuations, but not preoccupying oneself with word choice.

Also, TSN (TheSweatpantsNinja), saying something confuses you without elaborating ain't very helpful. More, please.
bionicchop2
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
bionicchop2
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:04 am

Post by bionicchop2 »

X wrote: And bionicchop2, post 66 is simply manipulating semantics. I don't really find anything convincing in it. This may just be your style, but I wouldn't say it's a clear one. I'm a fan of looking for scummy actions and insinuations, but not preoccupying oneself with word choice.
Call it what you want. I look for the wolf in sheep's clothing trying to fit in. 4 players voted for someone and 3 of them gave legitimate reasons for being there. The semantics of the wording are just a side note to the issue and given to elaborate my reasoning when asked about it.

I saw - vote w/ reason, vote w/ reason, vote w/ question, vote w/ reason. The question itself came across as a thinly veiled attempt to look like he was scum hunting. The vote post had no reason for the vote, just the question. Then the follow up post said he would remove the vote if the question was answered and not dodged. Seems like a flimsy vote just being tucked away on a wagon picking up momentum.
Knight of Cydonia
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Knight of Cydonia
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:21 am

A quick day one lynch is bad for the town, even if you are scum.
Not if he's scum, it isn't. It's one scum down on Day 1, which is a big boost.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”