Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote: Actually, I asked about it because I didn't like the timing of it. Porkens said I was right to jump on him but not in the way I did. I responded to that, and am waiting on him right now. How am I not following up?
And this, which is actually in response to you.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote: Wait, you are voting me because I called out your hammer?
It was much earlier than it should have been. Am I supposed to ignore that?
This one too.

You're right though...
Nameless wrote:
^ Aside from defending yourself from his vote,
that's pretty much all you've said about Porkens
. Repeating one point (which Porkens explained in #331) isn't actively scumhunting.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Porkens »

Kmd wrote: Those voting stormer: Do you really think he is our best lynch option today?

Wow, we should have talked about the lynch before that hammer.

Well, hopefully you were all right about Stormer...
Kmd, getting on me about the hammer and the distancing above are two different issues.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:35 am

Post by Porkens »

rishi wrote: As camn said, I'm curious about why the townscum didn't kill melikefood. The scum probably didn't think it was a big deal that he was blocking Porkens.
So, from this, do you think that melikefood is town? Do you believe him about being a role-blocker?
Nameless wrote: Excuse me for stating the obvious, but: One can only assume the scum considered drake more of a threat and less likely to be lynched than melikefood. (I mean, there was a bandwagon on melikefood for a while D1 and he's said some pretty stupid things. Drake was one of the few people I at least assumed to be town, was only badly attacked by Charter, and said some pretty smart things. Only an idiot would have NKed melikfood. Why am I needing to state this?)
Was Drake the person you thought would be NKd? Who else did you think might be night killed and why?
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:51 am

Post by melikefood »

Wait, can I get the reasons why you think I would've been NK'd?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:55 am

Post by Porkens »

Wait, can I get the reasons why you think I would've been NK'd?
Can you please explain why you didn't think you would be NK'd?
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:01 am

Post by melikefood »

No, I can't think of anything that isn't WIFOM...
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Porkens wrote: Kmd, getting on me about the hammer and the distancing above are two different issues.
I've already said to Nameless (I think it was Nameless) that I didn't agree with the lynch and saw no reason to act like I did.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:47 am

Post by camn »

Nameless wrote:
Stef wrote:
camn wrote:Keep trying, though.. you are bound to stumble on to something you can hang an innocent with.
That is neither a softclaim nor a vote / serious attack.
Couldn't agree more.

Regarding Food.. maybe you guys are more subtle than me... But if I were scum, I would have killed him. Not to speculate on setup.. but I could see a roleblocker being the most powerful role on the innocent side.

BUT... WIFOM dictates that we can't lynch him for it, so I guess it is also a "non-issue"

@kmd... Porkens is a non issue because he was asked and answered. It is not unheard of to hammer scum.. and the setup of this game requires a hammer to lynch, am I right?

Anyway...
##Vote Malyss

a) Lurking
b) Comments the
least
on Drake in her player-roundup.
c) For calling me Vindictive :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:50 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

camn wrote:
@kmd... Porkens is a non issue because he was asked and answered. It is not unheard of to hammer scum.. and the setup of this game requires a hammer to lynch, am I right?
Hate to have to say this again, but it's not the fact that he hammered that I didn't like, just the fact that he hammered WHEN he did.
camn wrote:
##Vote Malyss
Malyss was replaced.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:03 am

Post by ZazieR »

Hello, nice to meet you Camn. I'm the replacement of Malyss :).
Ignore the ''R''
stormer
stormer
Goon
stormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:17 am

Post by stormer »

Lord Gurgi wrote:As Porkens casts the final vote, the door opens silently, the young man in the blue suit steps out. "Ah, I see that you have come to a quorum then. Well, the most challenging stage has reached its completion, and ahead of schedule also. I digress, he will be handled as our kind have handled these situations since the beginning." Stormer looks around and begins screaming that he didn't do anything wrong.

The young man slowly takes out a pistol and the napkin from his breast pocket. Stormer begins to cry, sobbing loudly to himself. After methodically cleaning the pistol, he affixes a silencer and stands back. "If some of you would be so good as to hold him down for this." A few of you go to stormer's seat and hold his arms down. He is sniffling silently and looks at those who voted for him with red eyes.

"Yes, well quite enough of that." He lifts up the pistol and shoots Stormer squarely in the temple. Stormer's head shoots back into the chair and luls to the side, blood rolling down his face into his still open eyes, mixing with his tears.

Stormer, the
Mafioso
has been lynched.

Final vote count:
stormer (7) - Malyss, DraketheFake, Stef, camn, SpyreX, Nameless, Porkens
melikefood (1) - Rishi
Nameless (1) - charter
camn (1) - Kmd4390
Rishi (1) - melikefood

Not Voting (1) - stormer

"Now that all business has been taken care of, you will all be given apt time to sleep, I recommend you take it after what has happened today." He walks out of the room again. Just before he is about to leave he stops "Oh yes, and that will be left there to remind you of your mistakes." He leaves without another word, the door closing silently behind him.

Night One begins Monday, September 29. Deadline set for 5:30, October 2.
Well done everybody
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by Nameless »

@ Kmd: The parts I left out of your quotes were your defensive reactions to being voted, rather than you actively accusing Porkens. That was kind of the point.
Kmd4390 wrote:Hate to have to say this again, but ...
You are not expanding further on your points. You are not finding new evidence. You are not saying anything that hasn't already been answered. The only thing I want to see repeated right now is vote: Kmd.
Porkens wrote:Was Drake the person you thought would be NKd? Who else did you think might be night killed and why?
Thanks, but I'm not going to help the scum with their next NK. :roll:
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:53 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nameless, I'm waiting on a response from Porkens. I told you this already. The only reason I keep having to repeat myself is because you are repeating yourself.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by camn »

##Unvote Malyss.

... That explains why Malyss hasn't been posting. :)

I need to update my notes!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by Porkens »

Kmd4390 wrote:Nameless, I'm waiting on a response from Porkens. I told you this already. The only reason I keep having to repeat myself is because you are repeating yourself.
Sorry, what, exactly, do you want a response to?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:29 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Porkens wrote: Kmd, getting on me about the hammer and the distancing above are two different issues.
I've already said to Nameless (I think it was Nameless) that I didn't agree with the lynch and saw no reason to act like I did.
This was part of our brief back and forth. I called you out for the early hammer. You mentioned distancing. I wasn't as clear as I should have been in response to that. I should have said, "How am I distancing when I honestly didn't like the early hammer?" Why should I act like I agreed with it when I didn't?
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:52 am

Post by Rishi »

Nameless wrote:
Excuse me for stating the obvious, but: One can only assume the scum considered drake more of a threat and less likely to be lynched than melikefood. (I mean, there was a bandwagon on melikefood for a while D1 and he's said some pretty stupid things. Drake was one of the few people I at least assumed to be town, was only badly attacked by Charter, and said some pretty smart things. Only an idiot would have NKed melikfood. Why am I needing to state this?)
Cause if melikefood is really a power role, then he could change the course of the game by making smart decisions. Obviously, a roleblocker is not a cop, but if someone claimed cop and you were scum, wouldn’t you kill them even if they were playing terribly? Perhaps it’s not as obvious as you think.
Porkens wrote:
So, from this, do you think that melikefood is town? Do you believe him about being a role-blocker?
Yes. I believe his claim. I looked at some of his other games, and I am starting to believe that it wasn’t a townscum ploy.
melikefood wrote: Wait, can I get the reasons why you think I would've been NK'd?
melikefood wrote: No, I can't think of anything that isn't WIFOM...
You seemed to believe on Day 1 that you would’ve been NKed. I’m sure you can think of some reasons. But, in any case, it’s because you’ve claimed a power role. No other reason. I don’t think anyone would kill you because they’d think you were a threat.

Tags fixed
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 4:53 am

Post by Rishi »

Crap. Now I'm going to get yelled at by Lord Gurgi for not using preview.

BLOOOOARRRRRRRGGGGUH
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Porkens »

Kmd4390 wrote:"How am I distancing when I honestly didn't like the early hammer?" Why should I act like I agreed with it when I didn't?
I see. The problem is you didn't
only
disagree with the hammer. You asked, at L-1;
KMD wrote: Those voting stormer: Do you
really
think he is our best lynch option today?
This, to me at least, reads like you
know
stormer isn't townscum, and you wanted to remove yourself from agreeing to even the possibility of lynching him. You also aren't really asking a question with this post. You ask a yes or no without presenting a real case or list of reasons why you didn't think we should lynch him. You are trying to give the
impression
that you are against the lynch but you present no compelling (or otherwise) evidence that you have any real interest in stopping the lynch.

Again, after the lynch, you react to more than just the hammer;
Wow, we should have talked about the lynch before that hammer.
Well, hopefully you were all right about Stormer...
You're talking to everyone on the wagon and (needlessly) reminding us that you are right about his alignment, and weren't part of the lynch. The "..." at the end is just the icing on the cake, like an invisible "I told you so."

So:

1. Trying to give us the impression that you are against the lynch, but...
2. Not presenting an alternative case OR actually defending Stormer.
3. Saying, now, that your only problem was with the hammer itself.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:06 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Porkens wrote: I see. The problem is you didn't
only
disagree with the hammer. You asked, at L-1;
I asked because it looked like Stormer was going to be our lynch. I wanted to know why everyone was voting him, or if they even wanted him lynched. We never got a chance to find out because you came out of lurking to hammer.
Porkens wrote: This, to me at least, reads like you
know
stormer isn't townscum, and you wanted to remove yourself from agreeing to even the possibility of lynching him. You also aren't really asking a question with this post. You ask a yes or no without presenting a real case or list of reasons why you didn't think we should lynch him. You are trying to give the
impression
that you are against the lynch but you present no compelling (or otherwise) evidence that you have any real interest in stopping the lynch.
Again, I'm asking if everyone voting him wants to lynch him and why. Id it came down to it at deadline, I would have been willing to hammer. I just didn't see the case yet.
Porkens wrote: You're talking to everyone on the wagon and (needlessly) reminding us that you are right about his alignment, and weren't part of the lynch. The "..." at the end is just the icing on the cake, like an invisible "I told you so."
Yes, I was frustrated that he was being lynched so soon. I was hoping that everyone was right because I didn't feel that he was scum, but everyone liked him for a lynch, so there was that chance that there was something that I wasn't seeing.
I use dot dot dot a lot in my posts. I don't even know why, it's just something I do. On AIM, I'll use it instead of just a period sometimes. It doesn't really mean much. Maybe disappointment about the decision, but that's about it.
Porkens wrote:
1. Trying to give us the impression that you are against the lynch, but...
2. Not presenting an alternative case OR actually defending Stormer.
3. Saying, now, that your only problem was with the hammer itself.
1. You're right. I was against it unless someone brought up good points when I asked if everyone liked stormer for our lynch or a deadline was about to hit and he was our only option.
2. Because I wasn't 100% sure. Only scum know 100%. I'm not going to go out of my way to defend someone because I might find out later that they were scum.
3. Right. I didn't like the fact that he was lynched before people had a chance to answer my question, before stormer had a chance to claim, and before we even saw a good case on him.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:36 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

The Fourteenth Votecount - Ten alive, six to lynch

Kmd4390 (3) - SpyreX, Porkens, Nameless

camn (2) - Kmd4390, Stef
Nameless (1) - charter

Not Voting (4) - camn, ZazieR, melikefood, Rishi

Sorry for the late votecount, I'm borrowing a computer because my hard drive is corrupted, I'm doing what I can.

Still experimenting with my votecounts, I'm sure they'll be consistent eventaully.

Brought to you by the mod that goes BLOOOWARRRRGUH.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:24 am

Post by camn »

kdm..

If you were against a Stormer lynch.... why did you say you were willing to hammer him?

Would you have hammered if you still "didn't see the case" at dealine?

c
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:26 am

Post by camn »

EBWOP..

I see that you WOULD have hammered, despite being unsure.

So why? for information? Do you hate no-lynch days? Why would you hammer someone you thought was innocent?

c
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Seven player posts in two days. I can make the deadline shorter, if that's what you want.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”