Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:49 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

You wake up in the same room, next to you hangs DraketheFake. His body has turned a stony gray. Without any knives, you are unable to cut him down and can only leave him hanging. His eyes look down solemnly at Stormer.

The door slides open and the young man walks in the room. "It would seem that only ten of remain. Well, there have been no new developments. I wish you the best of luck." He walks out of the room.

One of you has managed to break off a leg of DraketheFake's chair and you have sharpened it to a point. You will handle your own justice, you have no need for the man in the blue suit.

DraketheFake,
Mafioso
hanged, night one. Day two begins with ten players left, it is six to lynch, and the deadline falls on October 21, 5:00 PM PST.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Porkens, why the hammer?
Seemed premature.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by melikefood »

Yes, I'd like to know too.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:43 pm

Post by camn »

>camn slaps porkens<

Now, KMD.. the HAMMER cannot be done for pressure alone!
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

camn wrote:>camn slaps porkens<

You said you were ok with a lynch on stormer though.
camn wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote: But your only reasoning for the vote was "pressure".
Are you really willing to lynch for pressure?
Ane YES!
If you aren't, then your pressure isn't worth anything.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by camn »

I know! But that was too fast. I wanted as much as possible out of it, you know?

And GOD you are selective with your quotes!
I said..
camn wrote: In other words, if we HAVE to settle for a deadline lynch.. which I suspect we might, I would rather see it be Stormer.
You are like Fox News over there .. :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Porkens »

Kmd wrote: Porkens, why the hammer?
Seemed premature.
I don't think it was premature. Stormer made his stance clear enough for me with his last post:
"will stay neutral, sometimes it's better not to post"
. I didn't think there was much left to 'get' from him. And, as I said before, I didn't think stormer was a bad choice for a day 1 lynch.

So, welcome to day 2.
>camn slaps porkens<

Nope, I was happy to hammer a scummy (townny, whatever) player. Sorry if you didn't want him lynched....ohhh, but...right...you DID say you were willing to lynch for pressure.

For trying to worm out of that statement with your last post;

## Vote: Camn

melikefood wrote: You hammered.
And I'm guessing purposely too.

You're getting teh Morphine tonight.
You guess? You think there's a chance I didn't know what I was doing?

Did you roleblock me last night melikefood?
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by camn »

I'm not trying to worm out of anything. I wanted to lynch him.

I just wanted him to see it coming.
I wanted
everyone
to see it coming... so they would all have a chance to make a mistake.

But SOMEBODY had to force the issue.

But it's ok... I'm over it. Time to look at Drake's interactions with everyone.. or lack thereof.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by charter »

I'm quite glad that drake was killed. This narrows my suspects down to one.
##vote Nameless
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:44 pm

Post by Stef »

Ok...
FoS: PORKENS
for cutting our day short without any warning.

I'll come back later on with a more detailed post since now i have to go to school.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:39 pm

Post by melikefood »

Porkens wrote:
melikefood wrote: You hammered.
And I'm guessing purposely too.

You're getting teh Morphine tonight.
You guess? You think there's a chance I didn't know what I was doing?

Did you roleblock me last night melikefood?
Well, I'm mildly inattentive and have accidentally hammered a handful of times before...
But seeing as how you did it twice I'm pretty sure it's on purpose.

You cut off any planning for role actions, leaving the town(Good Mafia) unprepared for the night phase.

So I blocked you.
So if you did have any night actions you wished to rush to, you didn't get the chance to use them.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by ZazieR »

At this moment, I agree with Camn. I only had the time to give my thoughts on the players. I couldn't even get into the discussion.

In my last post, I asked some questions, but due to a sudden hammer, most players didn't answer their questions.

Melikefood, can you explain why it's helpful for the mafioso to say who you're gonna block before the night started?
Ignore the ''R''
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:19 am

Post by Nameless »

... 'kay.

First of all, Porkens is now highly suspect. If it was pretty much anyone else hammering I wouldn't think twice, but the fact that Porkens comes out of lurking just to hammer (with not even a cursory explanation when he does so) is obviously scummy.
Porkens wrote:Sorry if you didn't want him lynched....ohhh, but...right...you DID say you were willing to lynch for pressure.

For trying to worm out of that statement with your last post;
Also, this is stupid enough I'll
FoS: Porkens
you for it. Camn had made her stance perfectly clear.

Anyway. I still stand by Charter and Kmd as highly likely to be scum, especially after Kmd's last few posts D1 ... If the hammer hadn't already happened I might well have unvoted after #319. Nobody would be that obviously reluctant for a lynch of a player at L-1 with the deadline approaching and as dubious as stormer unless they knew damn well he'd flip innocent. And the first thing Kmd does after the hammer? Attempts to score townie points by reminding everyone he was against it ("Wow, we should have talked about the lynch ..." & "Seemed premature.") nevermind the contrived "hopefully you were all right" thing distancing himself from the lynch even when Kmd stated suspicion against stormer and a willingness to hammer.

Given I called Charter out for doing the exact same thing with melikefood earlier D1 I feel well played. :oops:
charter wrote:I'm quite glad that drake was killed. This narrows my suspects down to one.
[Sarcasm]Wait, there's only ONE scum? This should make the game easier![/Sarcasm] Aside from myself, which one player do you consider mostly likely to be scum and why?

@ Melikefood: You are either an idiot, or a master of WIFOM. :lol:

Oh, and from D1 ...

Nice job ignoring my actual question in #312 - #313 Kmd. Good thing we can figure out the answer from your later response to ZazieR.
ZazieR wrote:You mentioned that you also could see something in a KMD or charter lynch. Can you give a short summary why?
I gave reasons for voting charter in #264, and you can add in the D1's NK as an obvious (aware of the WIFOM) addition.
As for Kmd: overly empathising with his attackers earlier on and the innocents recently, poor attacks on Stef, the whole 'gambit' thing for so many reasons, poor attacks on Camn, the contrived reluctance regarding stormer, and other minor things that have been brought up before.

Revised FTW: Kmd - Charter - Porkens scumteam.
@ Kmd: If you were in a 3 man endgame with Charter and Porkens, who would you vote?
@ Charter: If you were in a 3 man endgame with Kmd and Porkens, who would you vote?
@ Porkens: If you were in a 3 man endgame with Charter and Kmd, who would you vote?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:37 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

camn wrote: I said..
camn wrote: In other words, if we HAVE to settle for a deadline lynch.. which I suspect we might, I would rather see it be Stormer.
You are like Fox News over there .. :)
Ok, I see what you are saying, but why didn't you remove your vote once stormer was closer to a lynch? And I left the Fox News quoted because that i funny. :lol:

So, if I'm Fox News, and you're saying everything you can without answering questions, does that make you Barack Obama? Ouch. I'd never vote him. So I can't vote you. Or maybe I can.

##vote Camn
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:46 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nameless wrote: Kmd stated suspicion against stormer and a willingness to hammer.
I wasn't suspicious of stormer and wouldn't have hammered unless it came right down to the deadline.
Nameless wrote: Nice job ignoring my actual question in #312 - #313 Kmd.
Nameless wrote:Interesting. So you consider Charter more likely to be innocent than "a newbie player" that you're trying to keep the pressure off?
This? Well, it's irrelevant now that stormer has flipped town, but I don't plan on voting charter.

Nameless wrote: @ Kmd: If you were in a 3 man endgame with Charter and Porkens, who would you vote?
If it came down to that, I'd vote Porkens for the town (majority) win.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:50 am

Post by charter »

Nameless wrote:@ Charter: If you were in a 3 man endgame with Kmd and Porkens, who would you vote?
Meh, think I'd go with a Porkens vote.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:35 am

Post by Nameless »

Kmd4390 wrote:This? Well, it's irrelevant now that stormer has flipped town, but I don't plan on voting charter.
I
really
hope it's your claimed comparative suspicions you're referring to as "irrelevant" now rather than the scumtell of replying to a post without answering the only simple question.
charter wrote:Meh, think I'd go with a Porkens vote.
Please notice how charter, when no longer under attack from Drake/myself, seems to have reverted back to short, noncontributing posts. In particular he's ignored the section of my post #337 directed specifically at him, only responding to the obvious gimme question (given the general suspicion, though minimal threat, towards Porkens).
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:58 am

Post by charter »

I really haven't seen a whole lot that porkens has done that was scummy (though I can go back and check I suppose). The hammer was a little premature (aka, before a claim) but the stormer lynch was inevitable. I've already made my case against you, you're still the scummiest person by far in my eyes, for reasons I pointed out yesterday.

While my posts may have been short, they are certainly not 'noncontributing'.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:05 am

Post by charter »

nameless wrote:Aside from myself, which one player do you consider mostly likely to be scum and why?
Sorry, missed that my first time around. Not really sure, I suppose Porkens is actually my second most suspicious, but it's not a very heavy suspicion.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:54 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nameless wrote: I
really
hope it's your claimed comparative suspicions you're referring to as "irrelevant" now rather than the scumtell of replying to a post without answering the only simple question.
I did mean that the comparison is irrelevant. You asked if I considered charter more likely to be innocent than a newbie player who I was trying to keep pressure off of. I responded by saying that I wasn't trying to keep pressure off of him, just that if he was going to be lynched, there should be more to it than just pressure. I thought that was more important at that time than charter's innocence.
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:24 am

Post by ZazieR »

First KMD. I'll look into your case against Camn later as you asked this already day 1.

Also KMD asked a question at the end of day 1. I think it was ignored due to a sudden hammer:
KMD wrote:Those voting stormer: Do you really think he is our best lynch option today?
I'm actually interested in the answers although Stormer was lynched.

@Porkens. Although you explained I don't agree with your hammer. You just ended day 1 as Stormer wasn't contributing anymore. However, there was still some discussion and discussion is good for the majority.
Also, I don't like your vote against Camn. You vote her as she was according to you 'trying to worm out'. But look at her post above your post. She doesn't say that she didn't want to lynch him. But she said that she wanted to get more out of it, something that wasn't possible due to your vote, and she wanted him only as lynch for a deadline lynch, something which never came due to your vote.

Voting isn't always to show who you suspect. It's sometimes used to start discussion, to get some explanations and to see other players their reactions.
I'm getting the feeling that one of these was her intention. This is also something I saw in her last post. Just look at the second paragraph and perhaps you can see it as well.

I'm also interested in your last question. Why do you want to know if MeLikeFood blocked you?

Last, in your second second post you say that you wouldn't mind to lynch Rishi. But after that post you never mentioned him again. Why is this and what do you think of him now?

Charter, I really don't know what to think of you now. After the discussion of the previous day, all you have to say is that you have one suspect? And that your
supposed
second most suspicious player isn't a very heavy suspicion? To me you're looking only at one player. Do you think this is useful to the mafioso?

I'll leave it here for now.
Ignore the ''R''
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:13 am

Post by charter »

I have other suspects, but none of them are all that good. I don't really see the need to pursue three people all at once when we're only lynching one each day. All it does is lets the townies know where I stand on everyone, which I think is more beneficial to the townies than the rest of my fellow mafiosos, hence why I'm not anxious to post an analysis of every player.

Also, Food, do not answer any questions pertaining to any ability you might have unless it's in our (uninformed majority's) interest. It'd be a shame if such a blatent baiting actually worked.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 am

Post by SpyreX »

I've got a whole bunch of wow AGAIN.

So, the events of day 2 (with a short visit to day 1), in a nutshell. Let me know if I miss anything.

1. KMD, Melikefood & Charter start on Porkens about the hammer.
2. KMD goes after Camn about saying #1 but being on the wagon.
3. Porkens votes Camn
4. Porkens softclaims claims a power role.
5. Camn makes the statement that he wanted everyone to see the lynch coming so they would have a chance to make a mistake.
6. Charter gleefly declares he has one suspect and votes him.
7. Stef comes in to FoS Porkens (the first one to REALLY give a vote over this mess).
8. Melikefood says that Porkens cut of planning for role actions (WTF) as part of the scumminess.
9. Zazier gives the only real reason to be bothered by this hammer so far (although he did have a vote on him but :P)
10. I <3 Namless. Although I disagree with one major component (which I'll get to).
11. KMD votes Camn / says he wasn't suspicious of stormer / says Porkens is scummier than Charter.
12. Charter says that Porkens is scummier than KMD. (I used more words to describe it).
13. Charter says that Porkens hasn't done much that was scummy & says that Porkens is his second suspect.
14. Zazier asks some good questions.
15. Charter says that he's going to be lazy & tells one of the openly known PR's to not share information because its baiting.

So, where to start with this mess.
The Hammer:
Yes it was a little early, but honestly. One doesn't make a lynch. It took all seven of us to do it and, personally, I'm a lot more weary of "pressure" votes than dropping the hammer (see Camn). If I wasn't already on the wagon I'd have dropped it too. If the chance comes up to do it later, I'll do it then.

That combined with the "did you roleblock me?" business which I am not going to WIFOM myself with really makes me think Porkens is a.) town and b.) a power role.

However, there was one set of events that occured that I rather enjoy. Enjoy enough to give a
##Vote: KMD

Day 1:
Kmd has had his vote fairly consistently on Camn even from jokevote. This bears mentioning in a minute.
The ones that get me though:
Those voting stormer: Do you really think he is our best lynch option today?
This is just wringing hands. If you think stormer isn't a good lynch, present a case. Dont bemoan yourself.
Wow, we should have talked about the lynch before that hammer.
Well, hopefully you were all right about Stormer...
Now, I'm still fairly new I'll admit, but I've read more than a few games. This, right here, is exactly the kind of statement a scummer makes early on to try and look town. Wow we should have talked more guys. Well, I hope YOU GUYS (NOT ME) were right about Stormer.
Porkens, why the hammer?
Seemed premature.
Again, more of the same.
Ok, I see what you are saying, but why didn't you remove your vote once stormer was closer to a lynch? And I left the Fox News quoted because that i funny.
So, if I'm Fox News, and you're saying everything you can without answering questions, does that make you Barack Obama? Ouch. I'd never vote him. So I can't vote you. Or maybe I can.
##vote Camn
Then...back to Camn.

KMD has had a lot of filler this game. He's been active, but really... we've had the "Gambit" and the defense of Stormer (and Rishi). I haven't seen an honest to god case from him yet. Most of the game has had a vote sitting on camn with a lot of white-noise bickering and, again, no real case to back it.

So Nameless, I think you may very well be right on 2/3 - I'm thinking Kmd - Charter - Camn/Rishi.

If we want a SpyreX style meeeggaaaaapoossssttt TM I can work on it in the days to come, but there IS a decent amount of evidence linking the aforementioned (especially from KMD).
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SpyreX wrote: 2. KMD goes after Camn about saying #1 but being on the wagon.
It's not so much Camn being on the wagon that bothers me. It's the fact that she was on it AS A PRESSURE VOTE AND WAS OK WITH LYNCHING AND THEN COMES OUT AND GOES AFTER PORKENS FOR HAMMERING. Seriously, if you say you are ok with a lynch, be ok with it after it happens. The reasoning (pressure vote) was bad enough, but this just makes it worse.
SpyreX wrote:
Kmd has had his vote fairly consistently on Camn even from jokevote.
The jokevote was a seperate thing. I don't think that matters much.
SpyreX wrote:
This is just wringing hands. If you think stormer isn't a good lynch, present a case. Dont bemoan yourself.
I wanted to see answers to this. I could see that Stormer was probably about to be lynched and I wanted to make sure the people voting actually wanted Stormer lynched. People voting for pressure should have unvoted around this time. Porkens hammering kind of ruined any chance of anything though.
SpyreX wrote:
Now, I'm still fairly new I'll admit, but I've read more than a few games. This, right here, is exactly the kind of statement a scummer makes early on to try and look town. Wow we should have talked more guys. Well, I hope YOU GUYS (NOT ME) were right about Stormer.
Hey, if everyone was right about him, I'd be happy with that. I really didn't agree with the lynch though, and I saw no reason to act like I was ok with it.

SpyreX wrote:
KMD has had a lot of filler this game. He's been active, but really... we've had the "Gambit" and the defense of Stormer (and Rishi). I haven't seen an honest to god case from him yet. Most of the game has had a vote sitting on camn with a lot of white-noise bickering and, again, no real case to back it.
I'm not sure how I defended Rishi...
As for a case on Camn, do you remember this?
Kmd4390 wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
-3 (or 4 maybe) avatar attacks (not a big deal)
-quick to change your mind about the Rishi wagon.
-worried about being 3rd vote on charter.
-trying too hard not to look scummy.
-backpedaling with charter vote.
-either discrediting everything above this as joke OR staying in joke phase too long.
-buddying up.
-victim of the KMD gambit.
-too worried about perception
-
twisting the purpose of the gambit

-
only attacking gambit itself and not defending against the actual case
I'm sure I could even add to this since the last time it's been posted. I don't see how you can say I have no case to back my vote. I've posted this about 4 or 5 times now.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:23 am

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:I've got a whole bunch of wow AGAIN.

So, the events of day 2 (with a short visit to day 1), in a nutshell. Let me know if I miss anything.

1. KMD, Melikefood & Charter start on Porkens about the hammer.
I actually said nothing about Porkens at the start of day two.

There's some other incosistancies in your post as well.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”