Post by pj harvey dent »

Votecount 5.3

[1] Tanner:
clidd
[1] Ydrasse:
Flea The Magician

[5] Not Voting:
Amy Dunne, Ydrasse, PookyTheMagicalBear, Chara, Tanner

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to sentence. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

The deadline is in (expired on 2021-08-01 12:00:12).

Joint moderator ISO.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4326 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:20 pm

Post by Tanner »

pooky, i get this feeling that you've gone from basically considering me a mason to heavily ignoring me, and i'm not sure why?
your eyes on the city.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4327 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:24 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

i have lots of paranoia

>.>

<.<

what's your solve right now at Dats?
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #4328 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:26 pm

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 4321, Tanner wrote:
In post 4303, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 4300, Tanner wrote:pooooooky

you were doing so well solving the game and stuff, what are you doing now
yea thats the thing

i was on fire

so why would the scum hand me this POWAAAA
i've already asked you how you think this game compares to chara's folly

because i have this personal tinfoil that it makes flea town, but if flea is town, the game is. kinda fucked ngl
In post 4324, Amy Dunne wrote:

yea thats the thing

i was on fire

because i have this personal tinfoil that it makes flea town, but if flea is town, the game is. kinda fucked ngl
Then that would mean a Chara/Clidd team, which is possible and also fits with my VCA theory.
OK so Flea is single tracked scum with zero support who is so locked into mech/flavour solve fae can't be town.

but...

Flea could be town.

WAT.

Like sort your reads out. Am I scum or not?
Hell Tanner I asked you
directly
already.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4329 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:27 pm

yea thats the thing

i was on fire

Also do share.

I shared my Chara one which was amazing and I can't wait to see postgame if its true or not.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4330 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:32 pm

Post by Tanner »

re pooky: flea/chara for the ez game ez lyfe solve, flea/clidd for the "idk i guess" solve, and clidd/chara as my tinfoil solve.

i have done nothing yet to check if clidd/chara make sense together (i vaguely recall thinking that they don't, due to clidd pushing most people not named chara), but i think they're most likely in the scenario where my tinfoil turns out to be correct.

i'm still not... 100% on ydrasse being town, but at this point i feel like i'm slowly giving up trying to get a solid read there because it feels pointless and if the conftown is that certain on it then it might be literally pointless.

as i type that out, i did get a flash of chara/ydrasse, but. don't have anything other than "short 2:30am gut feelings" to back that one up with.

of course, this would probably be easier if you were willing to talk to me about whether the parallels i'm seeing of this game and chara's folly make any sense >_>
your eyes on the city.
Amy Dunne
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Amy Dunne
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4331 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:35 pm

Post by Amy Dunne »

In post 4328, Flea The Magician wrote:

yea thats the thing

i was on fire

In post 4324, Amy Dunne wrote:

yea thats the thing

i was on fire

Then that would mean a Chara/Clidd team, which is possible and also fits with my VCA theory.
OK so Flea is single tracked scum with zero support who is so locked into mech/flavour solve fae can't be town.

but...

Flea could be town.

WAT.

Like sort your reads out. Am I scum or not?
Hell Tanner I asked you
directly
already.
I still think you/Clidd but if I’m wrong, then Clidd/Chara.

I really think it was scum’s plan to yeet Nakata first, not Infinity because yeeting Infinity first meant yeeting Robert next and waiting until D3 to yeet Nakata and pushing the reveal to D4 instead of D3, so I think that Tanner being first in Infinty wagon, makes him unlikely to be scum, so whatever you are. I think your solve is wrong.

I also think it less likely that both scum bussed Infinity but that makes the most sense if you’re town.
clidd
clidd
Jack of All Trades
clidd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4332 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:36 pm

Post by clidd »

I like the flea + chara solve.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4333 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm

how about this.

Everyone distributes 200 points based on how likely they think everyone else is going to be scum.

So for Flea, if its 100% Tanner/Clidd as lock scum.

Flea would put down:

Tanner: 100
Clidd: 100

If Tanner thinks its 80% Flea, 60% Clidd, 60% Chara

Tanner will put down

Clidd: 60
Chara: 60
Flea: 80

Ok? Put some reasoning down and let's see if we can reach some common ground.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4334 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:47 pm

Post by Tanner »

In post 4328, Flea The Magician wrote:Like sort your reads out. Am I scum or not?
it's as if... i don't know your alignment...

anyway gonna retype up my tinfoil then sleep, and screw you for making me do this on my phone

last year, i played in chara's folly (someone else can grab the link, i'm sure not going to). the game had a few similarities to this one. namely, i was decently townread but not utr, scum had to choose two townies to make conftown, and i was in a long loooong shitfight with krazy.

from early day two of that game until me becoming an ic (day 5? idk been a while) krazy was absolutely tunnelled on me. like, anything i said was scum to him, and pretty much all his posts had some sorta "tanner is scum" part in them. krazy was in almost everyone's poe, and i was pretty certain he was scum, but he kept surviving until day 5 because ~game unrelated bullshit~.

then, i was made ic. and krazy threw a fit how there is no chance in hell he would pick me, the person who was tunnelling him, to be ic. and then (after some questionable moves) scum!krazy won that game.

i recognized the parallels so far earlier. and i got thinking, does it make sense to think that flea, if fae were scum, would mason me? because faer tunnel is obviously doing faer no favours. it would be a pretty elegant way to get out of the shitfight with me.

like, in chara's folly, the game was going bad for scum (krazy was decently scumread) so they made a controversial ic pick. if i were to assume flea is scum here, then i think it's safe to say that the game isn't going stellar. so does scum!flea pick the mason that by far keeps the game as stable as it was before?

it could be that the situations aren't similar enough, since we are hunting for two scum instead of one, and we're voting town, and whatever else. but there's still this voice that is making me doubt that flea picks this. which is why i really wanna hear pooky's take on this because he played in chara's folly and ik he is town so
your eyes on the city.
Tanner
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Tanner
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4335 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:53 pm

Post by Tanner »

maybe that whole theory goes into the garbage because scum can just conftown me by flip and if flea is scum, faer partner had already pushed me for yeet (considering everyone other than flea has) and i'm being stupid overthinking the obvious mason choice so take your pick

my alarm goes off in way too little time, why am i up
your eyes on the city.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4336 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:55 pm

you should get some sleep dats :>
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4337 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:29 pm

In post 4333, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:how about this.

Everyone distributes 200 points based on how likely they think everyone else is going to be scum.

So for Flea, if its 100% Tanner/Clidd as lock scum.

Flea would put down:

Tanner: 100
Clidd: 100

If Tanner thinks its 80% Flea, 60% Clidd, 60% Chara

Tanner will put down

Clidd: 60
Chara: 60
Flea: 80

Ok? Put some reasoning down and let's see if we can reach some common ground.
I like tihs <3
and yes those are accurate :3
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4338 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:39 pm

In post 4334, Tanner wrote:it's as if... i don't know your alignment...
Its as if... you genuinely seem to be testing the waters and are trying to actively null read me.
It's as if... THEATRE DAHLING <3 (sorry not sorry)
I should go look at other reads you've had, but flip flopping on me and trying to see if the grass is greener on chara scum or chara town side because you can't form an actual read there, can you?
You should have a read, and it shouldn't be uhm'd or ah'd over. but it should be more than "lolscum - BUT WAIT, shitTown?"
In post 4334, Tanner wrote: anyway gonna retype up my tinfoil then sleep, and screw you for making me do this on my phone
As someone who is regularly sleep deprived this is not an intelligent course of action, sleep is important for physical and mental health <3 Get some rest.
In post 4334, Tanner wrote: last year, i played in chara's folly (someone else can grab the link, i'm sure not going to). the game had a few similarities to this one. namely, i was decently townread but not utr, scum had to choose two townies to make conftown, and i was in a long loooong shitfight with krazy.

from early day two of that game until me becoming an ic (day 5? idk been a while) krazy was absolutely tunnelled on me. like, anything i said was scum to him, and pretty much all his posts had some sorta "tanner is scum" part in them. krazy was in almost everyone's poe, and i was pretty certain he was scum, but he kept surviving until day 5 because ~game unrelated bullshit~.

then, i was made ic. and krazy threw a fit how there is no chance in hell he would pick me, the person who was tunnelling him, to be ic. and then (after some questionable moves) scum!krazy won that game.

i recognized the parallels so far earlier. and i got thinking, does it make sense to think that flea, if fae were scum, would mason me? because faer tunnel is obviously doing faer no favours. it would be a pretty elegant way to get out of the shitfight with me.

like, in chara's folly, the game was going bad for scum (krazy was decently scumread) so they made a controversial ic pick. if i were to assume flea is scum here, then i think it's safe to say that the game isn't going stellar. so does scum!flea pick the mason that by far keeps the game as stable as it was before?

it could be that the situations aren't similar enough, since we are hunting for two scum instead of one, and we're voting town, and whatever else. but there's still this voice that is making me doubt that flea picks this. which is why i really wanna hear pooky's take on this because he played in chara's folly and ik he is town so
[/quote]
Pooky's played with me enough to know my full range, so I am interested in their conclusion based on this.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4339 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:10 pm

just write out your scores and your reasoning

im gonna do some more rereading. we got more than 5 days lets take it slow instead of sleepwalk thru this phase

game will get a lot harder if one more scum escapes.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4340 (ISO) » Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:28 pm

In post 4339, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:game will get a lot harder if one more scum escapes.
yup, because ya'll need to
Trust in meeee

(If you can't hear that image, you were never subjected to old Disney.)

Even though Tanner or Chara will be the red flip that escapes none of you will trust me still...
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4341 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:21 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 3255, Chara wrote:"i can't remember anything you've said this game" is pretty much what i always hear to describe my play. unless something really sticks in i'm not going to be the loudest or the most followed player on anything. i've tried to stick more to my guns on reads but i just don't have it in me to outright shift against what the consensus is because i'm rarely confident enough in the read to risk being wrong and have that be my fault. even with Robert i was pretty sure he was town but i didn't want to wrench the elim away by doubling down because i was worried i'd end up having just hard-defended scum. in this case that ended up being the right call in the end but it was mostly luck that it happened that way. i was pretty happy with my general read accuracy up until day 4. i know you were scum in that game where you played with town me, but i don't think i was exactly making waves in it.

i spent most of day 1 trying to elim Nakata, i think, and i still hold that he was making some kind of effort not to be eliminated, that's what i found scummy about him. i don't know if there's anything particular in what i've done this game that i can point to for why i'm town, except that if i was scum i would absolutely have made some kind of an effort to set myself up for endgame, because i'm pretty sure (by my memory anyway, watch me have missed some obvious thing) my reads this game were pretty "good", even if i didn't push them as hard as i should have.
recently i've had a lot more problems actually getting townread as town, which is funny because my old meta was being awful at scum and then never miselimmed as town.

i've played townhunting setups enough times now, i know i really don't enjoy them very much in spite of my preferred way of forming reads being townhunting, my confidence in townreads always ends up tanking and i get too in my head. i'm not mad at the twist, i probably should have known what i was getting into.
like, i've been wrong about Tweetie before, and she does feel really town here, but then something sounds like exactly like what i'd say if i was scum in the townblock and i think okay, it has to be her, clidd and Flea aren't both scum.

i don't know who else it would be, i think you/Tanner are very town, Pooky is also likely town and i've been confident about that in the past in this game, but i don't know about it now. but i also don't want to just throw my hands up and sheep the consensus because i know i'll regret it if i was actually on to something and yet again discounted it because i got cold feet about being responsible for being wrong.

i know i don't
need
to be townread at all, like Pooky said the game is won if one scum is caught, my worry is the fact that i'm pretty much poe scum for everyone besides Amy.

re: Flea. i also don't think fae makes a lot of sense as scum. but you and Tweetie are also pretty happy to say clidd is, and i don't see scum clidd's angle this game at all, either. if he wanted towncred from the Robert hammer i feel like he capitalizes on it more, and his response to my townread also felt very good to me. if i'm wrong about that and he is scum and i need to stop worrying about it, by all means i'll listen.
In post 3266, Chara wrote:
In post 3257, Morning Tweet wrote:I'm town Chara

I dont ththink I can discount clidd just for not having an angle. He's been towny. I think if he's scum hes here cause he is better at faking townies as scum than the first two that died (or scum believed that at least). I dont necessarily need an obvious scum agenda w the wagons

My belief in Tanner and Ydrasse is too stromggggg

And Flea is looking town tbh. Guess I could be wrong but i just dont get faer play from any PoV other than town who is tunneled on faer theory
why are you town? why am i scum? my problem is your confidence, it just does not seem real. you said earlier that you didn't think scum set themselves up well enough for endgame, what makes you so sure of that?

pedit: oh hello Tweetie meta
In post 3267, Chara wrote:
In post 3264, clidd wrote:Or mt, whatever, both seem town. Tanner too.
or clidd is just scum i guess.
In post 3268, clidd wrote:Sorry, I'm just being honest.

I don't care too much about the choice.
In post 3269, Chara wrote:well the apology does throw me. you don't care because you want to get moving or because you're confident?
In post 3270, clidd wrote:If it's between Mt, ydrasse and tanner, it's likely to hit town anyways. So yeah, confident.
In post 3271, Chara wrote:@Tweetie - you mentioned before about your battery draining much faster as scum. i am inclined to believe you on that.

i don't know how to feel about you doing something because you know it's hard to fake. like i see what you're saying re; actively trying to look town, but are you doing it on purpose or does the rapidfire off the cuff read thing come naturally? i don't see how you could do that purposefully.
In post 3274, Chara wrote:pretty sure i have brought up clidd's Robert hammer already and something really weird for scum clidd to do there. like, his play has not fit the scum agenda and that is kind of important, Tweetie's ignoring that because it doesn't matter to her solving is why i'm so worried about her slot right now.
so i read the case for chara town and i don’t feel it really justifies why chara is town this game? it feels weirdly apologetic/explainy for being hedgey

i think my issue though is the mt read? like i feel like the things you’re saying are like... contradictory because you’re like “i don’t really have it in me to go against the consensus here much” (shades me and mt and then pushes mt when i think everyone had her as town?) there was some paranoia about her (and this is hindsight since she’s flipped) but i feel like it’s a really weird push to make. like one you didn’t believe in which i know you said you’re not always the most confident but i guess i don’t get why /this/ was where your conviction was then

also the weird flipping around clidd where you have this brief “oh he could be scum moment” and then go ah well maybe not.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4342 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:26 am

Post by Ydrasse »

75 chara
75 flea
45 clidd
15 tanner

is where i’m at right now after reading through things, i feel that chara/flea are appropriately distanced right now and i also think that if it IS flea scum, knowing that tanner will always flip before chara means that flea can like... just go hard as fae wants with theories until that point comes and then it’s a convenient time to re-evaluate chara and oh wow look at its play that i haven’t really read all game and i think fleas even started setting up for that a bit by saying chara looks chiller than tanner? chara isn’t like... responding really to flea though which makes that make sense a bit more but also might be because they both don’t want to look weird with each other.

clidd i feel could be partnered with either but it doesn’t feel that likely right now... he’s just kind of going with the wind and he’s wanted the same thing that the townier people wanted, there’s no deepwolf angle i feel to his play? to me i think he’s just apathetic following recent other games and is like “okay get it over with”

tanner only has points because yesterday i had a moment where i thought it was tanner/flea after pooky brought it up and i spent 10 minutes wondering if their walls were theatre but then i felt dumb
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4343 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:26 am

Post by Ydrasse »

also clidd likes the same solve so he gets less Baddie Points for that
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4344 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:27 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i feel it’s hard to analyze a solve that includes flea because flea won’t talk about what faes really thinking :< like i guess fae has but it’s not... helpful
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4345 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:30 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i also do feel better going out before tanner because if i’m right this handicaps scum!flea from changing up what fae thinks/being able to engage the game from a new perspective and keeps fae locked where they are so theres less time to do damage control
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4346 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:38 am

Post by Ydrasse »

chara itself said it couldn’t keep up as scum and i feel it was way more active d1 @_@ i know charas sick though
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4347 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:38 am

Post by Ydrasse »

@chara i love you i think you’re scum please come talk to me about pokemon again so i can pretend this isn’t happening
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4348 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:43 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 1859, Hectic wrote:
Votecount 1.21

[4] Satoru Nakata:
Infinity 324, Chara, clidd, Amy Dunne
[3] Ircher:
PookyTheMagicalBear, Robert M Hunter, Morning Tweet
[3] Infinity 324:
Tanner, Ydrasse, NorwegianboyEE
[1] Morning Tweet:
Satoru Nakata

[2] Not Voting:
Ircher, Flea The Magician

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to sentence. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

The deadline is in (expired on 2021-07-07 18:10:20).

Joint moderator ISO.
In post 1975, pj harvey dent wrote:
Votecount 1.22

[5] Infinity 324:
Tanner, Ydrasse, NorwegianboyEE, Amy Dunne, Ircher
[3] Ircher:
[3] Satoru Nakata:
Infinity 324, Chara, clidd
[1] Morning Tweet:
Satoru Nakata
[1] Tanner:
Flea The Magician

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to sentence. If there is no majority by the deadline, plurality will decide.

Joint moderator ISO.
In post 2050, pj harvey dent wrote:
Votecount 1.23

[6] Infinity 324:
Tanner, Ydrasse, NorwegianboyEE, Amy Dunne, Ircher, Chara
[3] Ircher:
[2] Satoru Nakata:
Infinity 324, clidd
[1] Morning Tweet:
Satoru Nakata
[1] Tanner:
Flea The Magician

Joint moderator ISO.
In post 2094, Hectic wrote:
Votecount 1.24
(FINAL)

[7] Infinity 324:
Tanner, Ydrasse, NorwegianboyEE, Amy Dunne, Ircher, Chara, clidd
HAMMER

[3] Ircher:
[2] Satoru Nakata:
Infinity 324, Flea The Magician
[1] Morning Tweet:
Satoru Nakata

With 13 alive, it took 7 to sentence.

The deadline was (expired on 2021-07-07 18:10:20).

Joint moderator ISO.
i know amy’s already said this but the chara/clidd votes do feel like they could have been trying to push satoru over infinity
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #4349 (ISO) » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:46 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 2644, pj harvey dent wrote:
Votecount 2.5
(FINAL)

[6] Robert M Hunter:
Ydrasse, Tanner, Robert M Hunter, Ircher, clidd, PookyTheMagicalBear
HAMMER

[1] Satoru Nakata:
Morning Tweet
[1] Flea The Magician:
Chara
[1] Tanner:
Flea The Magician

[2] Not Voting:
Amy Dunne, Satoru Nakata

With 11 alive, it took 6 to sentence.

The deadline was (expired on 2021-07-17 20:00:50).

Joint moderator ISO.
d2 vcs aren’t that interesting, clidd on robert as well though... i need to read through his iso next because i don’t remember if he was actually pushing robert, also i feel like depending on when his apathy kicked in he could just be going with whatever’s majority
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”