qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:01 am

Post by qwints »

I think my position about the letters is pretty clear, Rage.

I have received no letters in game. It seems reasonable that my character was receiving letters before the game began (that is before night 0) based on my flavor text. I think a fair reading of my earlier posts will show that this is a consistently held position.

As for my powers, it's pretty clear that our powers for the game are unusual. They are what they are. My knowledge about the messenger comes from my flavor text.

I think you have summed up my position accurately, but I don't think that your implications make a lot of sense.

All I can say it that I've been a lot more open than MafiaMann has.

Vote count
(9 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(4) MafiaMann - qwints. Rage, Cass, thinktank
(3) qwints - Mariyta, MafiaMann, sekinj

Not voting:
Gremwell, PimHel

Deadline:
Sunday 28 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:48 am

Post by Gremwell »

I thought there was some discussion as to whether quints received a letter or not.
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:34 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Gremwell wrote:I thought there was some discussion as to whether quints received a letter or not.
Who do you feel is scummier (qwints or MM) and why?
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:@Sekinj: Yes, I've already posted how they could easily be related. Watch any cheesy medieval movie and you'll see the queen/baroness/other token powerful female teamed up with the magician/sorcerer/enchanter/what-have-you. It's a very common theme, and very easy to do.
just give me some theories about why they would be trying to buss each other right now.
Scum do it all the time. When they get in a tight spot, they pick the scummiest of their teammates and throw them under the bus. It makes them seem like town because "scum wouldn't go after their own", and they get to live another day.
I just don't agree that either of them were in a tight enough spot to turn on each other like that in this game.
That's fine. I feel they were. qwints may not have had the votes, but the pressure and overwhelming accusation was there.
But, why was MM supposedly bussing quintz at that point?
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:31 pm

Post by Rage »

qwints wrote:I think my position about the letters is pretty clear, Rage.
Yeah, ever-changing.
qwints wrote:I have received no letters in game.
The whole "Qwints might have received a letter" business is invalid now. You are confirmed scum.
qwints wrote:It seems reasonable that my character was receiving letters before the game began (that is before night 0) based on my flavor text. I think a fair reading of my earlier posts will show that this is a consistently held position.
No, not at all does it "seem reasonable" that you may have received a letter before the game started, because before the game, you didn't exist!

And, once more, flavour text is JUST flavour text! However true it may be, it should not be the deciding factor between to lynch or not to lynch. Not only that, but you are also using a
maybe
statement to keep yourself alive ("messenger may have given me a letter"), which proves this point to the fullest extent.

In short, you have fabricated a lie. Let me (further) explain:

According to you,
qwints wrote:I think you have summed up my position accurately, but I don't think that your implications make a lot of sense.
The following four quotes are correct (ending at the ! symbol):
Rage wrote:
qwints wrote:I received no anonymous letters. I was told in my flavor text, however, about someone sent by someone else to the area (some of you will know what I'm talking about.) I suppose that knowledge could have come by way of a mysterious letter.
-has not received any anonymous letters
-states that flavour text may have been given to him by letter

Does this mean that the "mysterious letter" was not sent you to anonymously? Also, I think the "mysterious letter" excuse is just that, an excuse, and a poorly fabricated one at that. This is one of the reasons why I think you are scummier than MafiaMann.
Rage wrote:
qwints wrote:Let me be clear. I've received no letters. My flavor text implies that I have found something out. I suppose that (in flavor world) I could have found that out through letters.
-has not received any letters at all
-thinks he may have received a letter, which he says would explain his flavour text

1. Odd, my flavour text implies that I have to find something out, not that I know of it already, like you are saying. Scum
tends
to know more than Town.
2. Presumably, letters are physical objects, or as physical as possible on a computer = messaging. I should know, because I have both received a message (I was given a private message during Night 1, indicating the lose of my vote that day), and I have also sent out letters, which I can safely assume were given to players by private message, too.
Rage wrote:
qwints wrote:I mean that it is possible from my flavor text that my character received letters in the days before night 0. Since the game has started, i.e. since night 0, I have received no letters.
-before the game, it is possible that he has received letters
-during the game, he has received no letters

How did you get the letter before the game, again?
Answer bolded, please.
Rage wrote:
qwints wrote:I thought I was pretty clear that I haven't received letters in game, but that it's plausible that my character has received letters.
-confirms he hasn't received any letters at all
-confirms he might have received letters

Overall, total bogus
Bolded is my position about your position on the "letter/no letter" business. You've said that I have an accurate read, and this is what I said. Simply put, according to you you think your position is bogus.

!

Back to this,
qwints wrote:I think you have summed up my position accurately, but I don't think that your implications make a lot of sense.
You address my implications but to not prove them wrong? My most important implication, as stated before in this post, was that you were making a story up as you went, and now you have said it is accurate.

@
Everyone currently voting for MafiaMann
, we do not have enough time to debate this much longer, so please switch your votes to Qwints.
I'm a rageaholic! I just can't live without rageahol!
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by qwints »

rage wrote: -has not received any anonymous letters
-states that flavour text may have been given to him by letter [before the game]

-has not received any letters at all
-thinks he may have received a letter [before the game], which he says would explain his flavour text

-before the game, it is possible that he has received letters
-during the game, he has received no letters

-confirms he hasn't received any letters at all
-confirms he might have received letters [before the game]
brackets are my addition

This is an accurate summary of the four quotes of mine you have addressed. I don't think they are as silly or inconsistent as you have portrayed.

My flavor text says that I have learned that the prince is sending someone to the manor. It makes sense that my backstory contains me getting a letter (before night 0). Thus another player's flavor text could say that they had noticed me receiving letters. That said, I have received no letters (that is pms) since the game began.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Rage »

Tell me, why are you adding anything to the posts now, not when you made them?
qwints wrote:I don't think they are as silly or inconsistent as you have portrayed.
I portrayed them exactly as how you posted them!
qwints wrote:My flavor text says that I have learned that the prince is sending someone to the manor.
Okay.
qwints wrote:It makes sense that my backstory contains me getting a letter (before night 0).
You don't know if this is true, so why should we?
qwints wrote:Thus another player's flavor text could say that they had noticed me receiving letters.
My character didn't notice, she knows. I don't know how she knows, nor the content of the letters, I just find the letter
s
themselves suspicious. Thus, more than one letter.
That said, I have received no letters (that is pms) since the game began.
Before the game began, did you receive any game-related PMs, excluding any you might have received asking you to replace?
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Rage »

And woah, woah, woah:
qwints wrote:-has not received any anonymous letters
-states that flavour text may have been given to him by letter [before the game]
This is the summary of your first post related to the letter-controversy. This was the perfect opportunity for you to say you might have received a letter before the game, but instead you post that now. This is an example of you changing your position!
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:43 pm

Post by qwints »

The only pm I received pre-game was my role pm.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:@Sekinj: Yes, I've already posted how they could easily be related. Watch any cheesy medieval movie and you'll see the queen/baroness/other token powerful female teamed up with the magician/sorcerer/enchanter/what-have-you. It's a very common theme, and very easy to do.
just give me some theories about why they would be trying to buss each other right now.
Scum do it all the time. When they get in a tight spot, they pick the scummiest of their teammates and throw them under the bus. It makes them seem like town because "scum wouldn't go after their own", and they get to live another day.
I just don't agree that either of them were in a tight enough spot to turn on each other like that in this game.
That's fine. I feel they were. qwints may not have had the votes, but the pressure and overwhelming accusation was there.
He wasn't. I think qwints was bussing MM.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:10 pm

Post by sekinj »

Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
sekinj wrote:
He wasn't. I think qwints was bussing MM.
You are making zero sense. MM was voting quintz before quints was voting MM. So why would MM be bussing quintz? MM was Not desperate and not under suspicion, and neither was quintz at that point. You are reasoning in circles and not making any sense. I think you are looking for an excuse to lynch. You are looking either very scummy and tryign to get away with shallow reasoing, or you are a very lazy town. It doesn't make sense that quintz AND mm are scum. Please prove otherwise.

major fos: mar
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Mariyta »

I missed that vote, so I don't know. It doesn't matter at this point. I'll look at it overnight. You asked why, and I gave you why. If you don't like it, whatever. How the hell am I "lazy town"????? I'm one of the most active people in this game. There are only 2 people in this game more active than I am. You wanted to know why I thought they could be bussing each other, and I gave you an answer. I really don't care if you like it or not.

Unvote, Vote MM
Based on the rest of this game, I highly doubt the people who need to participate are going to do so. MM, if you're town, I'm sorry.
-Susan Ertz

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:44 am

Post by qwints »

FOS: gremwell and PimHel

You needed to take a side in this one. Refusing to participate at this point is scummy.
Rage
Rage
Goon
Rage
Goon
Goon

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Rage »

Sigh..
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:12 am

Post by qwints »

Was Maryita's vote the hammer?
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:53 am

Post by qwints »

We need to make sure we get a lynch. There's only an hour til the deadline and something weird might be going on, so let's get votes from PimHel and gremwell just in case.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Mariyta »

qwints wrote:Was Maryita's vote the hammer?
Yes, scum. You got your wish. Savor tonight, because it very well may be your last.
-Susan Ertz

Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 am

Post by Johoohno »

Final vote count day 3
(9 players alive = 5 to lynch before deadline)
(5) MafiaMann - qwints. Rage, Cass, thinktank, Mariyta

(2) qwints - MafiaMann, sekinj

Not voting:
Gremwell, PimHel

Deadline:
Sunday 28 September 2:00 PM (GMT -5 according to forum clock)

Eager to make up for yesterdays no-lynch, the members of the court were firmly set on a lynch this day.

MafiaMann (a.k.a. Ephraim “the Wise” Farlhume,
court magician
) Lynched D3 (in the mansion’s right wing)

Night will last until
Tuesday 1 October 2:00 PM
(GMT -5 according to forum clock). Those of you with night choices: Make sure to send them before then (or no choice will be made).
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:24 am

Post by Johoohno »

The court assembles in the morning, but Gremwell is no longer among the living.

Gremwell (a.k.a. Zander “Sleuth” Ponderly
Advisor
) Nightkilled N3 (in the left wing of the Baron's mansion)

Let the debating, voting and council meeting continue.

7 players alive = 4 to lynch.

Deadline: Wednesday 22 October 2:00 PM
Approximately
(GMT -5 according to the clock on the forum)
Last edited by Johoohno on Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheSweatpantsNinja
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
TheSweatpantsNinja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:15 am

Post by TheSweatpantsNinja »

I haven't started reading the game yet, I just wanted to check in, say I'm here, replacing Pimltel.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:06 am

Post by sekinj »

FOS MAR!!!

She used crap logic, couldn't defend it, and then hammered MM. I'm changing that to a vote once everyone weighs in.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Mariyta »

sekinj wrote:
FOS MAR!!!

She used crap logic, couldn't defend it, and then hammered MM. I'm changing that to a vote once everyone weighs in.
Whatever. The way this game is going, we're not going to win anyway.

I'm Frederic Evergreen, nicknamed Honor. I'm a member of the honor guard, and I know no one else is. I can protect one person each night, forcing all actions against them onto me. I also have a one-shot survivability, so if they're shot (or whatever), I absorb it, but just once. I protected Singing Librarian the first night (random choice), no one the next night because I didn't know who to trust, then Rage the last two nights. I'm willing to be the reason we didn't have an NK two nights ago is because they were aiming for Rage. I'm in the left wing of the mansion and I lose if the Emissary is killed.

Vote qwints
-Susan Ertz

qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:31 pm

Post by qwints »

We already know that rage is town. TheSweatpantsNinja is an unknown factor since his predecessors were so inactive.

That leaves sekinj, thinktank, cass and maryita. There's probably two or three scum in the bunch. Thus we are almost certain to hit scum today. Here are my thought:

sekinj - I was suspicious of her yesterday, but rage me she was town. I find her all out attack on Mariyta strange. Mariyta's hammer was clearly designed to prevent a no-lynch.

Maritya - interesting claim. i don't think there's any objective evidence for the claim, but I don't see a strong reason to disbelieve it/

thinktank- LURKER. Way, way too quiet.

Cass- A little too passive for my taste. Is is this the emissary?

I'm not sure enough to vote yet. I am curious to know is sekinj has anything to tell us at this point.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by sekinj »

@quints: what do you have to say about your double vote on MM?

@mar: do you have any else to say to explain your reasoning yesterday about quintz "bussing" MM? Your claim is believeable, and I can understand hammering to avoid a no-lynch... and you are probably right about grem and Pim not voting... so I'll give you that one, even though i would have rather waited til closer to deadline...
unfos: mar...
*scowls* but I'd still like you to explain yourself a little better regarding MM...

Do we know yet if we have 2 or 3 scum? I think the scum are quintz and thinktank.

FOS: ThinkTank & quintz

not voting until rage and cass add thoughts.

Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by qwints »

All I can say is that mafiamann appeared the scummiest yesterday. He was just way too closemouthed for the situation. Not to mention the fact that he got his location wrong.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”