PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2650 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

VOTE: Nakata

*flops ears*
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #2651 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2622, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Tweetie you know I have to get paranoid thoughts about you at least once a day.

you should be used to it by now.

well no that's fair but im confused why you thought I was with Robert. Surely you'd assume I'm scum and he's town, i would have thought..?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2652 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2650, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:VOTE: Nakata

*flops ears*
thnk u i needed some of that
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2653 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:40 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Yin
, are there criminals inside of Amy, Ydrasse, and Nakata?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2654 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:41 pm

In post 2651, Morning Tweet wrote:well no that's fair but im confused why you thought I was with Robert. Surely you'd assume I'm scum and he's town, i would have thought..?
well Tweetie, I'm town and I'm a fairly patient person but I ran out of patience for his antics despite thinking he's probly town here.

You must have the patience of a saint <3
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2655 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:45 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

In post 2616, Chara wrote:
In post 2613, Flea The Magician wrote:
In post 2602, Tanner wrote:
yin
, is there a criminal between Flea, Ydrasse, and Ircher?
Now this is a damn good question.

And I will eat the lim if it comes back positive.
i just do not understand this. if we were going to lim based on Yin confirming someone is a criminal it's going to be Tanner or me. if you're elimmed it's not going to be because Yin said so.

you should know you're not scum from your pov, right? if Yin said without a doubt you were a criminal are you then happy to lim yourself, even though that confirmation would mean that being a criminal isn't AI? even if it does have mechanical significance it just does not make sense to me.
This is an incredibly inconsistent point of view from Flea. I just want to highlight this. Flea is trying to eliminate Tanner in order to find out if criminals are scum, but Flea is saying if fae is revealed as a criminal, fae will elim faeself in order to determine if criminals are scum.

What?

Did Flea know fae was going to not appear as a criminal so it was a move for towncred without thinking too much about the implications? I dunno. It makes no sense..
Yang
Yang
Goon
Yang
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2656 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:26 pm

Post by Yang »

In post 2648, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:Yang my favorite SSB character was Pikachu and I would basically teleport around and avoid fights because he's too cute to fight.

Also I've never won.

also I want to see Tanner reset now that we've finally flipped his arch-nemesis.
If you tap the jump button with a precise timing with pikachu's collision teleporting against the ground, the game glitches and allows pikachu to jump from that position. That puts you in the jump state, where you can very soon initiate another teleport again. If you mastered this technique, you would be even better at teleporting around, avoiding fights, and being cute.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #2657 (ISO) » Mon Jul 12, 2021 8:47 pm

95% of my SSB play was pausing and taking pictures of how cute my Pika Pika was being
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #2658 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:17 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

In post 2615, Chara wrote:
In post 2609, Morning Tweet wrote:I'm convinced Robert wants out of this game, i dont think the "not having fun" stuff is an act, it's too real.

And if he does not enjoy this game and knows he typically gets elimed early, im pretty sure he'd have tried to get eliminated D1 rather than fight against it with the soft and all the other stuff D1. I feel like he would have just accepted going out of the game. Have his partners bus too.

And i agree that if Robert's scum it's a very odd thing for him to try and live longer but also remove the one thing that was giving him hope of staying in the game.
i don't think scum Robert has the same pessimism as town Robert would.
the last point is the big one for me, yes.

@Flea - i've seen you fake reads as scum, do you normally have a hard time with reads as town, does it depend on the game?
Apparently bullshit happened. Phoneposting this catch-up.

I honestly struggle more as town because I genuinely have to form reads.

My strongest town game happens when I'm scum.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2659 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:18 am

yin

i just do not understand this. if we were going to lim based on Yin confirming someone is a criminal it's going to be Tanner or me. if you're elimmed it's not going to be because Yin said so.

you should know you're not scum from your pov, right? if Yin said without a doubt you were a criminal are you then happy to lim yourself, even though that confirmation would mean that being a criminal isn't AI? even if it does have mechanical significance it just does not make sense to me.
I'm 100% not scum, however, on a positive I'm mech PoE until you know otherwise, and that will show otherwise.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2660 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:20 am

In post 2643, Yang wrote:When super smash brothers brawl came out, I was thrilled and excited to try out all the characters. In the previous game, I had been best with Yoshi and Dr. Mario. But in the new game, I was enamored with Zelda, a character I had found fun in the previous game but never had success with. In the new game, her moves had more damage and range. More importantly, she had a visual rework, and looked stunning.

I gave due diligence trying each character in the game, but settled on playing Zelda. She had a powerful fireball, a magic palm spell, and big kicks. I was able to beat my friends who had not played much every time and beat my friends who played plenty about half the time.

Zelda was special in the game in that she could transform into a different character in the middle of the match. Her other form was Sheik, a ninja, an element of the plot of Ocarina of Time in which she had a more masculine presentation as a ninja (or something like it) that disguised her and kept her safe from Ganondorf.

I liked the idea of being able to swap to a different character in the middle of the game. I definitely wanted to play Zelda most of the time. She had the magic, and a defensive strategy that I felt suited me. I learned to use the Sheik form well enough to beat specific characters that lined up more poorly against a nimble character, or used the Sheik form at the beginning of matches. Sheik's moveset had properties that made them deal the most damage earlier in the match.

Over time, I couldn't help but notice that the list of characters Sheik "lined up better against" was growing as I mastered both the Zelda and Sheik form. I couldn't help but notice that the time when it was "late enough in the match to swap to Zelda form" was pushed later and later, as the number of characters Sheik could finish off with tiny hits more reliably than Zelda's slow magical thwacks (prone to dodging) grew to include more and more of the cast.

I was increasingly dismayed by this. Sheik was only an accessory to a character whose aesthetic appealed to me. I spent eons deciding which of Zelda's dresses I most preferred and couldn't even remember what Sheik wore. Friends were forced to point out to me that I was just throwing games into losses by turning back into Zelda, consistently dealing less damage once I did so. At an incredibly rudimentary mastery of each character, Zelda could perform as well, but once I became adept at each character it became clear that Sheik's edge was a Swiss army knife, not a special purpose blade.

The point of the game is to win, presumably. As the foolishness of donning Zelda's dress became more and more evident, I played the form less and less. I reached a point where the only character I could list as a reason to play her was the Ice Climbers.

Someone discovered a new dashing strike ability for Sheik at around this point, months in. It required very specific timing. I spent about an hour trying to learn it, and couldn't. I decided since I couldn't use one of the characters special ability, I'd rather play a different character. But there was also an element of sour grapes, it felt like an offramp from playing a character who had seemed exciting and had gradually shifted into a begrudging necessity.

Years later, I played a different game, and learned of a similarly hard ability, and spent -6- hours practicing hers until I got it. It was a matter of will. There was a difference in my patience for something I truly wanted to enjoy.

I will always miss Zelda.
Ganondorf best character
Just saying I took on a friend who enters tournaments and usually does well... I whipped them 300 to 10 KOs on random characters.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2661 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:22 am

In post 2642, Yin wrote:
When you turn to look behind you, the- hold on.

The man blinks. He pulls down his monocle to watch the assembled crowd better.

"Wait its over? What, since when? That seems kinda fast don't you think...."

Sunrise approaches faster then planned. Faster then the man planned anyway. This might be going exactly to plan for someone else.

The sunlight burns bright.

In post 2464, Morning Tweet wrote:
Yin
, are you targetting someone?
I'm only here to entertain!
In post 2493, Flea The Magician wrote:
@YinHow many bullets do the town have that one person controls.
I don't like guns.
yin
No criminals here.

I was going to be dignified about this... But....

Just eat iiiiit! Eat iiiiit! Open up ya mouth and feed it.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2662 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:26 am

In post 2655, Morning Tweet wrote:
yin

This is an incredibly inconsistent point of view from Flea. I just want to highlight this. Flea is trying to eliminate Tanner in order to find out if criminals are scum, but Flea is saying if fae is revealed as a criminal, fae will elim faeself in order to determine if criminals are scum.

What?

Did Flea know fae was going to not appear as a criminal so it was a move for towncred without thinking too much about the implications? I dunno. It makes no sense..
Flea knew Fae would be mechCleared by Yin. Flea also knew if Fae asked the question it could potentially allow for bias

Flea NOW INSISTS WE TAKE OUT THE MECHCONF CRIMINALS.
FLEA ALSO INSIST CHARA AND TANNER ARE LEASHED ON QUESTIONS IN CASE OF YIN HAVING ALTERNATE MECHANICS.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2663 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:29 am

@YinDo Tanner, Chara and Infinity have the same win condition?

@YangKirby or Jigglypuff in SSBB?
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2664 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 12:30 am

VOTE: Tanner
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #2665 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 1:17 am

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: nakata

i still can’t fathom whatever happened yesterday and i don’t feel good enough to try rn
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2666 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:49 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Why is Nakata being voted for? Nakata is not a baddy, Nakata has simply not been around!
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2667 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:49 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

VOTE: morning tweet

Nakata thinks that Morning Tweet is scum.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2668 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:52 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

What exactly is the case against Nakata? Nakata was right that Robert was a friend! Remember that Morning Tweet wanted to lim Robert over Infinity on D1, where Nakata was calling Infinity scum.
Satoru Nakata
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Satoru Nakata
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2669 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 3:53 am

Post by Satoru Nakata »

Nakata is also getting bad vibes from how quickly Ydrasse and Pooky voted for him. Nakata thinks they’d like to cut the day short and speedwagon.
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2670 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:00 am

Perhaps Rival Nakata wants to make further efforts to prove to Comrade Flea, and the others, that they are indeed friend.

Perhaps Rival Nakata makes use of his Yin questions to help his comrades secure victory, and earn some vodka.
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: it/its

Post Post #2671 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:04 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2659, Flea The Magician wrote:I'm 100% not scum, however, on a positive I'm mech PoE until you know otherwise, and that will show otherwise.
i already know otherwise? i'm not scum. i don't need to flip someone to know that. that's what i don't understand.
"Sibling," Farkran asked, starting slowly.
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
"Oh yes, my brother. I love thinking about that."
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2672 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:10 am

Post by Chara »

In post 2669, Satoru Nakata wrote:Nakata is also getting bad vibes from how quickly Ydrasse and Pooky voted for him. Nakata thinks they’d like to cut the day short and speedwagon.
did you read the previous day?
"The CORE is full of lasers, and Chemist1422's entire existence depends on her eye. If she looks into a laser, she will almost certainly die. Did you think about that?"
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2673 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:20 am

Post by Chara »

VOTE: Flea
Chara
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Chara
it/its
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2674 (ISO) » Tue Jul 13, 2021 4:21 am

Post by Chara »

i'm not going to have a lot of time for mafia this week but i'd ask that players try and vote players they think are scum and not players they think they're town because they're frustrated with them.

also my townread on clidd has gotten really stale.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”