Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

The Eleventh Votecount - For those who can't do math, it's seven to lynch.

melikefood (4) - SpyreX, Porkens, DraketheFake, Rishi
Nameless (1) - charter
stormer (1) - Malyss
Kmd4390 (1) - Stef
camn (1) - Kmd4390
charter (1) - Rishi
Rishi (1) - melikefood

Not Voting (2) - stormer, camn

Malyss has requested replacement for personal reasons, now seeking a new vict--player.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:23 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Sorry about the delays - a bad case of RL the last couple days.

Anywho, is there a secret race I dont know about where the goal is to be the scummiest town ever?

I'm very tired and going to bed and I'll be busy this weekend, but seriously, these last few pages have been hard to read.

Few quick notes:

Charter is defending melikefood. Period. I do not like this
regardless of melikefoods alignment
. There is absolutely no evidence to point to "OMG Town" - at the very least you could say that Food's play is noob-bad which I think I agree with at this point for reasons below:
##Unvote: Melikefood.

This Food quote really baffles me:
Don't kill Spyrex.
I'd lynch Rishi when I flip town.
Now, I still think Food is scummy. Really scummy. However, if he is town, then I do agree with him about Rishi because of posts like this:
I would guess that you didn't mean to say that. You probably meant to say that after a lynch, you'd pop up Mafia, not town. The fact that you don't have the terminology straight shows how little you care for this game. I'm going to say this one more time. If you're really innocent Mafia, MAKE AN EFFORT. Don't resign yourself to being lynched.

In any case, I never like statements like, "Lynch x when y flips Mafia/town." We lynch people and then figure things out fresh when he get the alignment information. If someone gets killed at night (likely), then we have even more info to work with. There's no reason to set up chain lynches.
1.) Argument about the stupid terms in this setup versus what he obviously meant.
2.) The "HEY GUY MAKE MORE EFFORT" side of it - it looks real good when you're pressuring someone towards the end.
3.) Making the "lets have a clear board tomorrow"
when the person who you are setting up for a kill, if town, has fingered you
is suspicious.

##Vote: Rishi

The "kmd gambit" as I talked about before is a waste at this point. Talking about it is a distraction and it really served no purpose.

The nameless/charter fun dance:

Charter feels like an OMGUS due to timing and choice of target.
Nameless and Drake (who are now paired in this instance) are definitely correct to attack Charter's defense of Food.

But, seriously guys, this is rediculous. I'd happily lynch well over half the town at this point. I think Rishi has managed to jump into the scumlead for me but there's so many of you (Stormer, Charter, Kmd, Food) that are playing bizarre games that I think there's a smaller list of players WHO I THINK ARE TOWNIE AT THIS POINT than I have scum.

It makes me want to smash my head against the wall.

Fiixed your tags thar
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
stormer
stormer
Goon
stormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:15 pm

Post by stormer »

##vote:Rishi

Mr.Food may be playing badly but If rishi is town then I'll vote him next day.
And why do you have a problem with charter because he is defending Melikefood?
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:34 am

Post by melikefood »

Well,
I
find it strange Charter is defending me...
I mean, I was a good guy in Ramen and he states I'm playing a mirror of what I was doing there.

Plus he was Mafia.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:48 am

Post by DraketheFake »

melikefood wrote:Well, I find it strange Charter is defending me...
I mean, I was a good guy in Ramen and he states I'm playing a mirror of what I was doing there.

Plus he was Mafia.
Hahahahahaha, this is classic. By any chance is charter's play a mirror of the way he played in Ramen Mafia? Because in that case I think we may have caught scum :roll:.
stormer wrote:
##vote:Rishi

Mr.Food may be playing badly but If rishi is town then I'll vote him next day.
And why do you have a problem with charter because he is defending Melikefood?
Ooh! Ooh! 4 things wrong!

1. Votes the current popular pick without so much as one little reason.
2. Accuses another player in the game of "playing badly" without giving examples.
3. Sets up a false dilemma wherein if the player he's currently voting for isn't scum, then another player
must
be (despite admitting one of them is playing badly).
4. Asks SpyreX to explain something that he literally just explained. And that several people have addressed in the past two pages. In a post where he returns from essentially lurking.

He also doesn't address the cop-fishing thing again, but I can't really blame him, there's no incentive to do so when he's not being pressured anymore.

##Unvote: melikefood, ##Vote: stormer
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:17 am

Post by Rishi »

Kmd4390 wrote:
camn wrote: In fact, saying that it is "anti-
town
" could be considered apathetic.

Attacking little details is
no
fun.
Good catch.
Rishi is attacking anti-town players.
He is going after players who hurt the town.
Hurting the town helps the mafia.
In this game, mafia is good.
Rishi must be townscum.

None of this was serious. I'm showing why you can't make arguements like these.
Okay, Kmd and camn have a totally valid point. I still will stick with my underlying point, though, that melikefood is acting apathetic, which is harmful to the innocent Mafia in this game. I just don't like, "Rishi is scummy. Lynch him." At least he should build a case that we can look at. Seriously, no one tomorrow is going to say, if food doesn't flip scum, "Well, food found Rishi suspicious. Therefore, Rishi must be scum." However, if food actually took the time to build a case, then I think it would hold weight.
SpyreX wrote:1.) Argument about the stupid terms in this setup versus what he obviously meant.
2.) The "HEY GUY MAKE MORE EFFORT" side of it - it looks real good when you're pressuring someone towards the end.
3.) Making the "lets have a clear board tomorrow" when the person who you are setting up for a kill, if town, has fingered you is suspicious.
1) Yes, you're right. I hear what everyone is saying. I was barking up the wrong tree there. I was trying to make a point about food's apathy, and I might have been stretching a bit.
2) You don't think food should be making more of an effort? Do you like the way he's playing?
3) I wasn't saying that we should have a clear board tomorrow. I just said that setting up chain lynches is bad, which is precisely what food was suggesting. I would expect to be held accountable for my Day 1 actions tomorrow. I also will look at people's Day 1 play tomorrow - but I don't have any preconceived notions about who to lynch tomorrow without having the information from today's lynch and night action information.
DraketheFake wrote:Ooh! Ooh! 4 things wrong!

1. Votes the current popular pick without so much as one little reason.
2. Accuses another player in the game of "playing badly" without giving examples.
3. Sets up a false dilemma wherein if the player he's currently voting for isn't scum, then another player must be (despite admitting one of them is playing badly).
4. Asks SpyreX to explain something that he literally just explained. And that several people have addressed in the past two pages. In a post where he returns from essentially lurking.
Goodposting. I know that I said that stormer's playstyle was a bit of a null-tell before, but he's starting to tip scum for me. And, also, stormer, I know this isn't a newbie game and so I have no IC responsibilities, but I will give this one piece of advice: if you're scum, don't pile on the bandwagon of the one guy who is defending you.

As for the Nameless/charter debate, I don't like how charter is playing. (And I've said this before.) I especially find it odd how he seemed to be following Nameless at first, and then did a 180 once people started pointing it out.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
stormer
stormer
Goon
stormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 5:45 am

Post by stormer »

charter is a bandwagon hunter.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:08 am

Post by Stef »

Stormer.. you make accusations upon rishi and charter and bring no real arguments of your own and besides you aren't posting much content to the game whatsoever. Unless you make up for the lurking and defend yourself better my vote is going back to you. Fos-ing you is pointless since i've been suspecting you for quite some time without you doing anything at ALL to change anyone's mind for that matter.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
stormer
stormer
Goon
stormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:44 am

Post by stormer »

I don't have the power to change people's minds.
I have 2 schools so I am not always here.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:59 am

Post by Stef »

Sorry but two schools and not always being there doesn't really excuse the fact that you haven't had time to post a decent post for 12 pages. That's either lurking/letting things cool down after your mistake or lack of interest. If it's the ladder then why bother signing up for a game you have no time for? Please do your best to be more active and post more content. Any input on the game would be welcomed while your current attitude is either scummy or is keeping us from seeing the real scum. Till you change your attitude...
##Vote: Stormer
For the already existing reasons and the ones stated above.

Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:00 am

Post by Stef »

Bah.. forgot..

##unvote ##vote: Stormer

stormer
stormer
Goon
stormer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:19 am

Post by stormer »

##unvote

will stay neutral, sometimes it's better not to post
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

camn wrote:
um.... I don't think I am. YOU are voting ME. :)
Not sure why this didn't go through last night, but I said I thought there was an OMGUS out of laziness, but it's not there, so my bad.

I'll get to the rest when I'm off the phone....
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:37 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

SpyreX wrote: Charter is defending melikefood. Period. I do not like this
. There is absolutely no evidence to point to "OMG Town" - at the very least you could say that Food's play is noob-bad which I think I agree with at this point for reasons below:
##Unvote: Melikefood.
Charter can't defend him because there is nothing to say he is town, but his play is noob-bad, so you unvote?

Make up your mind...
SpyreX wrote:Now, I still think Food is scummy. Really scummy.
Why did you unvote then?
SpyreX wrote: The "kmd gambit" as I talked about before is a waste at this point. Talking about it is a distraction and it really served no purpose.
Ok, but if camn is scum, I reserve the right to mention it again later.
Rishi wrote: Okay, Kmd and camn have a totally valid point. I still will stick with my underlying point, though, that melikefood is acting apathetic, which is harmful to the innocent Mafia in this game. I just don't like, "Rishi is scummy. Lynch him." At least he should build a case that we can look at. Seriously, no one tomorrow is going to say, if food doesn't flip scum, "Well, food found Rishi suspicious. Therefore, Rishi must be scum." However, if food actually took the time to build a case, then I think it would hold weight.
I am in complete agreement with this statement. Food is playing like he has already been lynched and found scum, but not actually playing the game. If he is town, and thinks Rishi is scum, he should defend himself and tell us why Rishi is scum.

Still catching up....
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

stormer wrote:I don't have the power to change people's minds.
So you aren't going to defend yourself at all?!?
stormer wrote:
##unvote

will stay neutral, sometimes it's better not to post
So you want to sit here with no opinion and not post?!?
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:10 pm

Post by Nameless »

You know, I could kind of see melikefood being idiot innocent. He's made a number of suspicious posts (eg. his vague strawman argument, claiming) but there have been a few moments of coherency and if nothing else I don't get that feeling of deliberate manipulation that I get from eg. charter.

Speaking of which, charter could be hoping melikefood is lynched anyway so that he can use that in his own defence D2. (Note the reasonable bandwagon at the time charter began seriously defending him.)

Stormer, on the other hand, has said or replied to very little, made excuses for not posting, the whole cop fishing thing and as much as I tend to avoid using the meta his game experience would seem to conflict with his claimed knowledge (re: nightstarts) and having now glanced at his other games I could very well see him making such an obvious mistake as scum. :/

I can kind of see where SpyreX is coming from, but I don't think Rishi's posting is as bad as he makes out.

Kmd's #289 reads to me as if he were angry at a known partner rather than just a suspicious player.

Charter - Kmd - Stormer scumteam FTW.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nameless, I don't think sitting around, not defending, voting, or even posting is going to do any good regardless of stormer's alignment.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:13 am

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:Charter is defending melikefood. Period. I do not like this
I think it's quite obvious I defended him, why? I think the wagon on him is unwarrented and scumheavy. Like I said, there are valid reasons to act like he is, and after the last game I was in, I'm not ruling anything out. I'm not trying to prove any of that, but it's my reasons why I'm defending him.

Amazingly I agree with everything in 279.
nameless wrote:Charter - Kmd - Stormer scumteam FTW.
Good luck with that one. You have at most one scum there.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:16 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

"I can't stay here! I'm needed elsewhere!" You hear Malyss cry from the back. She rushes to the door and bangs on it. "You have to let me go!!!" The door slides open and Tony comes out with a three barreled shotgun rammed into the underside of her chin.

"If dat's how yous wants it, here's an express ticket out." A deafening blast blows up Malyss' head, blood splatters the wall, and little pieces of Malyss fall onto charter, who starts screaming like a little girl. Tony walks out, dragging her corpse with her. "We found dis one too, have fun." He tosses a limp body into the room.

ZazieR replaces Malyss.

Also, post more, Betty has plenty of rounds left.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:37 am

Post by camn »

stormer wrote:I don't have the power to change people's minds.
I have 2 schools so I am not always here.
### Vote Stormer.

For Pressure.

Look, dude. If this game is too much for you, and you are INNOCENT.. just replace out. Do us a favor. If you keep playing like you are, you are going to get lynched.
If you want to avoid this, your behavior needs to change.
Of course, if you are scum, and you just can't figure out how to recover from your play earlier... then keep up the good work. :)

@ charter... why is it "amazing" that you agree with 279? Drakes points about Stormer are pretty reasonable. Is it his comments about you that you "amazingly" agree with?
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
ZazieR
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
ZazieR
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:33 am

Post by ZazieR »

This limp body has now read till page 10. So I only need to read the last three pages. With some luck I can post my thoughts about all the players tomorrow. If not, tuesday. I have a good time schedule to do my homework and to still contribute much to my games instead of Camn ;).

But I agree with her. These games are here to have some fun. I think I'll have some here.

As for the baseball at the random voting stage, I don't know anything about it. I don't watch it. But that's due to me living in Europe :).

Last offline comment and tomorrow more to the serious part, awesome avatar camn. Is it from a tv serie?
Ignore the ''R''
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:19 am

Post by camn »

I have time! Just not time to WASTE! And this group sure can post! This is going to be, like, a 50-page mini.

And to be honest.. I don't even remember where it comes from! I saw it once and loved it.
nihongo o shabereru, anata mo? kono tokoro ni, nihongo ga daijobu?

Eigo wo hanasatte kudasai.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:39 am

Post by charter »

camn wrote:@ charter... why is it "amazing" that you agree with 279? Drakes points about Stormer are pretty reasonable. Is it his comments about you that you "amazingly" agree with?
I think he's scum. I generally don't agree with much of what scum say (as it's normally lies).
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

charter wrote:I think he's scum. I generally don't agree with much of what scum say (as it's normally lies).
Wait... you think I'm scum, but agree with the points I'm making against another player as I attempt to get him lynched? You think it's more likely that I'm scum throwing a scumbuddy under the bus Day 1 after one mistake than that I'm a pro-Mafia player who just happens to think you're full of it?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by charter »

I never said I thought stormer is scum, so your assumption there is yours, and isn't based on anything I've said. I'm not sure on stormer either way.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”