charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:16 am

Post by charter »

I played in Ramen mafia with him and this is like a mirror of his play. He was town there. He also had a pretty ridiculous claim picture there. Also, I don't think he's done anything scummy or opportunistic. I'll agree that claiming out of the blue generally isn't helpful to the town, but as long as he's not the doc or cop, I don't think it's harmful. There are some roles that are good to make out of the blue claims, ask camn about it.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:22 am

Post by DraketheFake »

Unfortunately, this isn't Ramen Mafia: it's Tranquility, an entirely different game, and if there was a detectable difference between his play-styles as scum or town he'd be a pretty pisspoor mafia player in general. Your weak defense of him is noted, and I defy you to find something to defend him with that comes from this game.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:36 am

Post by charter »

Are you serious? So now my only option is thinking that Food is scum? Do I have no free will to think what I want? I don't think I even need nameless to flip scum before I make a case on you, I'll do next chance I get. Pending the reread, I'll be willing to vote either Drake or keep it on nameless, whichever I can get more support for.

I'd say drake is obvscum for his blatent not even considering the other side of this issue, and in fact, trying to get others to blindly follow him without thinking for themselves. There's no law saying I have to agree with everyone, and I'm not going to on this issue.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Nameless »

Kmd4390 wrote:I have no idea where not bothering to read the game is coming from.
It had something to do with you not bothering to look closely at a player before they fell victim to your "gambit". (#240)
charter wrote:It's absolutely ridiculous to have the scum all pinned down this early in day one. You can't possibly know anyone else's role (if you're town, which you claim) so for you to have 'found' all the scum already, is quite absurd.
Right ... first my stances are "wishy-washy", but now that I think I've narrowed the scum down it down it's "absolutely ridiculous" to have an opinion? And being fairly sure that there are scum among a group of five players isn't claiming to "have the scum all pinned down", so that's another blatant exaggeration.
charter wrote:Also, Kmd seems to be hunting for scum rather than piling on to the easy wagon (Food) and is giving me a strong town vibe.
Ah, so Kmd is "hunting for scum" whereas what I'm doing when questioning other players is ... ?
charter wrote:... I'll be willing to vote either Drake ...
LOL, obvOMGUS.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:02 pm

Post by melikefood »

I don't think I directly stated anything negative about how I lurk too much...I thought we agreed that I did.

Anyway, I'm having fun here.

Don't kill Spyrex.
I'd lynch Rishi when I flip town.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by Rishi »

melikefood wrote:I don't think I directly stated anything negative about how I lurk too much...I thought we agreed that I did.

Don't kill Spyrex.
I would guess that you didn't mean to say that. You probably meant to say that after a lynch, you'd pop up Mafia, not town. The fact that you don't have the terminology straight shows how little you care for this game. I'm going to say this one more time. If you're really innocent Mafia, MAKE AN EFFORT. Don't resign yourself to being lynched.

In any case, I never like statements like, "Lynch x when y flips Mafia/town." We lynch people and then figure things out fresh when he get the alignment information. If someone gets killed at night (likely), then we have even more info to work with. There's no reason to set up chain lynches.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by DraketheFake »

charter wrote:Are you serious? So now my only option is thinking that Food is scum? Do I have no free will to think what I want? I don't think I even need nameless to flip scum before I make a case on you, I'll do next chance I get. Pending the reread,
I'll be willing to vote either Drake or keep it on nameless, whichever I can get more support for.

I'd say drake is obvscum for his blatent not even considering the other side of this issue, and in fact, trying to get others to blindly follow him without thinking for themselves. There's no law saying I have to agree with everyone, and I'm not going to on this issue.
Clever.

There's certainly no law saying you have to agree with everyone, and your options are certainly open as to whoever you think is suspicious or otherwise. But when you make those known, it's generally pretty good to have some in-game evidence to support your conclusions instead of "This player played this way in this game." You haven't said anything about Food's actions in this game except that you thought his clamed was oddly timed and that you didn't find his actions scummy or opportunistic, but that's a pretty easy catch-all considering there have been some pretty specific accusations.

Incidentally, you're completely misrepresenting me in your second paragraph and I don't think anybody else is going to fall for that interpretation of what I said. Your case against Nameless is similarly full of it, considering that you yourself are fingering people just for not being mentioned by him - something you admit is meaningless until you know Nameless's alignment - which is the main thing you accuse him of.

Also: The bolded section makes you look like exactly what you're accusing me of: pursuing somebody single-mindedly and trying to get others to follow blindly.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:20 pm

Post by charter »

Nameless wrote:
charter wrote:... I'll be willing to vote either Drake ...
LOL, obvOMGUS.
LOL, obvBLATENT LIES.

Seriously? He hasn't pointed suspicion at me. He's trying to tell me that I have no choice but to conform to what he wants. That's scumlogic. You are clearly just saying whatever you can to shift blame off you, meaning I'm on to something. Nice.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nameless wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:I have no idea where not bothering to read the game is coming from.
It had something to do with you not bothering to look closely at a player before they fell victim to your "gambit". (#240)
So because I hadn't looked at camn very closely before the game, I am not bothering to read?

Nobody has looked closely at every player in a game on day 1 of any game. Well, maybe some people do, but not many.
Rishi wrote: I would guess that you didn't mean to say that. You probably meant to say that after a lynch, you'd pop up Mafia, not town. The fact that you don't have the terminology straight shows how little you care for this game.
We are out of the joke phase and you know what he meant...
There is no way he just claimed minority and you know it.
Please stop trying to confuse the....majority....
Rishi wrote: There's no reason to set up chain lynches.
QFT.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by charter »

Ugh, simulpost. This post is crap.
DraketheFake wrote:
charter wrote:Are you serious? So now my only option is thinking that Food is scum? Do I have no free will to think what I want? I don't think I even need nameless to flip scum before I make a case on you, I'll do next chance I get. Pending the reread,
I'll be willing to vote either Drake or keep it on nameless, whichever I can get more support for.

Clever.

There's certainly no law saying you have to agree with everyone, and your options are certainly open as to whoever you think is suspicious or otherwise. But when you make those known, it's generally pretty good to have some in-game evidence to support your conclusions instead of "This player played this way in this game." You haven't said anything about Food's actions in this game except that you thought his clamed was oddly timed and that you didn't find his actions scummy or opportunistic, but that's a pretty easy catch-all considering there have been some pretty specific accusations.
I believe food to be town because of meta reasons and I don't think scum would claim like he did. I know for a fact there are protown reasons to claim like that, and he might have them. I'm not discussing it, because then it will be worthless, so don't ask.
Drake wrote:Incidentally, you're completely misrepresenting me in your second paragraph and I don't think anybody else is going to fall for that interpretation of what I said. Your case against Nameless is similarly full of it, considering that you yourself are fingering people just for not being mentioned by him - something you admit is meaningless until you know Nameless's alignment - which is the main thing you accuse him of.
Why can't you accept my read on Food? Why can't I think him town?
Drake wrote:Also: The bolded section makes you look like exactly what you're accusing me of: pursuing somebody single-mindedly and trying to get others to follow blindly.
No. First off, I'm not pursuing anyone single mindedly, and I'm not telling others they need to think the same as me. You can post lies, but you can't back them up, so it will be easy for me to keep shooting them down.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by Rishi »

Kmd4390 wrote:
Rishi wrote: I would guess that you didn't mean to say that. You probably meant to say that after a lynch, you'd pop up Mafia, not town. The fact that you don't have the terminology straight shows how little you care for this game.
That's actually not what I meant. I know he claimed majority and I think everyone realizes that. What I meant was that the fact that he doesn't know the terminology in this game shows his complete apathy. My point is that he isn't even making an effort, which is anti-town behavior.
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

I can see myself saying something similar in this game out of habit.
I probably already have.

If you want to make a point that he isn't paying much attention to the game, that's fine. I just don't like the distraction of terminology.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by melikefood »

Rishi wrote:
melikefood wrote:I don't think I directly stated anything negative about how I lurk too much...I thought we agreed that I did.

Don't kill Spyrex.
I would guess that you didn't mean to say that. You probably meant to say that after a lynch, you'd pop up Mafia, not town.
Was thinking that we agreed that the good guys would be called town.
The fact that you don't have the terminology straight shows how little you care for this game.
moot assumption. appeal to emotion.
I'm going to say this one more time. If you're really innocent Mafia, MAKE AN EFFORT. Don't resign yourself to being lynched.
I'm saying all my stuff since you all want me lynched anyway.
So I can stick an accusation on you and It'll gain validity when I turn up town (AKA Good Mafia).
In any case, I never like statements like, "Lynch x when y flips Mafia/town." We lynch people and then figure things out fresh when he get the alignment information. If someone gets killed at night (likely), then we have even more info to work with. There's no reason to set up chain lynches.
I'm summarizing my thoughts, not necessarily setting up a chain lynch.

I have an opinion now, isn't the fact that I didn't have one one of the reasons you guys wanted to lynch me on?

Perhaps I should state it...
Spyrex looks town.
Rishi looks scummy to me.

And you still do.
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by Porkens »

melikefood wrote: Rishi looks scummy to me.
And yet you are not voting for him.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:15 am

Post by Nameless »

charter wrote:Seriously? He hasn't pointed suspicion at me. He's trying to tell me that I have no choice but to conform to what he wants.
This is ... wow. And I thought you were exaggerating before.

## Unvote: melikesfood, ## Vote: charter

Reasons:
- Up until recently charter was posting very minimally and not really contributing.
- When charter first voted he merely cited my own points without any discussion or further explanation, though later claimed to "spell out" his reasons.
- Admitted to jumping on the first bandwagon he could regardless of the target.
- Several times merely echoed points rather than adding his own thoughts (eg. 83, most of 69)
- Sudden swing in posting style (lengthier and very aggressive) when called out for lurking.
- The OMGUS on Drake.
- EPIC exaggerations against myself and Drake.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:18 am

Post by camn »

Rishi wrote:
Kmd4390 wrote:
That's actually not what I meant. I know he claimed majority and I think everyone realizes that. What I meant was that the fact that he doesn't know the terminology in this game shows his complete apathy. My point is that he isn't even making an effort, which is anti-town behavior.

@ Rishi.... this IS pretty weak. Charter has used classic terminology as well, but he is obviously into the game.
In fact, saying that it is "anti-
town
" could be considered apathetic.

Attacking little details is no fun.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:22 am

Post by charter »

Nameless, what you have just done is OMGUS. You need to go read the wiki and learn what it actually is rather than just throw the term around.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

camn wrote: In fact, saying that it is "anti-
town
" could be considered apathetic.

Attacking little details is
no
fun.
Good catch.
Rishi is attacking anti-town players.
He is going after players who hurt the town.
Hurting the town helps the mafia.
In this game, mafia is good.
Rishi must be townscum.

None of this was serious. I'm showing why you can't make arguements like these.

Camn, care to respond to 245?
DraketheFake
DraketheFake
Goon
DraketheFake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:05 am

Post by DraketheFake »

melikefood wrote:Perhaps I should state it...
Spyrex looks town.
Rishi looks scummy to me.

Oh come on, do some legwork. Saying you think the main player calling for your head is "town" (Mafia in this game, I assume) without supporting your opinion in any way is about as bad as saying you think he's scummy while doing the same. And then, to top it off, you finger somebody else without any support.
charter wrote:Nameless, what you have just done is OMGUS. You need to go read the wiki and learn what it actually is rather than just throw the term around.
You know, I know that technically you're probably correct, but to me, your response to my criticism of your case against Nameless fits better into the OMGUS mold than does his vote on you - you just didn't follow it up with an actual vote. He unvoted the current pressure target, voted you, and made a very specific case which includes information from several posts after your initial vote. OMGUS tends to refer to players who become enraged(/suspicious) that somebody else would vote for them and vote back, and I don't think that happened here.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:42 am

Post by camn »

Regarding 245.....

I really wasn't attacking your gambit as a defense. I was just looking at it in general. I think it can be a great tool for scum. Not that I think YOU are scum..I was just saying.

Regarding your case... I was thinking how brilliant it is to cite "trying not to look scummy" and "worried about perception" as faults. Any defense one would care to muster would simply back up the case. How can I convince you I am NOT scum, without trying too hard to look like I'm Not Scum?!

Again, this is simply acedemic. I am happy to answer questions, but at this point I don't think your accusations need much of a response. You think I'm Scummy. I don't really mind. Maybe it will help me avoid getting night-killed :)
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:18 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Sorry if I am lazy in this post. I've been catching up on a game I just replaced into for the past hour to hour and a half....
camn wrote: I really wasn't attacking your gambit as a defense. I was just looking at it in general. I think it can be a great tool for scum. Not that I think YOU are scum..I was just saying.
I like it as a tool for town. You said something about it catching newb townies in a trap, but the gambit seperates newbs from the Gambit's victims.
And you don't think I'm scum? Aren't you
voting
me?
camn wrote: Regarding your case... I was thinking how brilliant it is to cite "trying not to look scummy" and "worried about perception" as faults. Any defense one would care to muster would simply back up the case. How can I convince you I am NOT scum, without trying too hard to look like I'm Not Scum?!
It's not the fact that you are defending. It's the way you were posting earlier. Obviously, you should be trying to show us that you aren't scum. What I was referring to is trying TOO hard to show that. You should get your ideas out whether you think it will make you look scummy or not. Do you think that I put out my Gambit thinking that nobody would see me as scummy? Of course not. I expect suspicion from it. But I still get my ideas out there. If I were to die now, the town would gain a TON of information.
camn wrote: Again, this is simply acedemic. I am happy to answer questions, but at this point I don't think your accusations need much of a response. You think I'm Scummy. I don't really mind. Maybe it will help me avoid getting night-killed :)
Well, I have my bulleted list so you could look at that. I figured that was the easiest way to do it.
camn
camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:28 am

Post by camn »

Kmd4390 wrote: And you don't think I'm scum? Aren't you
voting
me?
um.... I don't think I am. YOU are voting ME. :)
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by melikefood »

Rishi put his vote on me.
Then tells me to try defending myself and avoid a lynch.

This doesn't make sense to me.

I find it comes off like...
"Ha! Gotcha! Could you act more frustrated about it please?"

##Vote Rishi
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by Nameless »

charter wrote:Nameless, what you have just done is OMGUS. You need to go read the wiki and learn what it actually is rather than just throw the term around.
Not really. True, your poor attacks on me are
part
of the reason I'm voting for you, but your attacks on Drake are worse (what tipped me over) and I did provide a list of other reasons that I consider you scum (most of which I'd already brought up earlier).

This is in comparison to you, who goes from "If Nameless is scum I will be more suspicious of Drake" to "I'm will willing to lynch Drake" after Drake, what, notes (and justifies) your weak defence of melikefood and challenges you to defend melikefood with evidence from this game?

I would appreciate it if some players outside of Charter, Drake and myself would give their opinion on either side of these accusations, please.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Sep 26, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Bump for Votecount.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”