Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #950 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:01 pm

Post by Incognito »

nonny wrote:
nonny, you got anything for us yet?
No, but i'm taking tomorrow off work as a sick day, so I will have time then.
You're really sick?

Vote Count!

LG (1) - forbiddanlight
nonny (1) - LG
Viv (1) - Incog

Not voting: Viv, nonny

With 5 Alive, 3 to lynch!
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #951 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:07 pm

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

I know it's somewhat underhanded to start things out like this, but I think it's relevant.
nonny wrote:
Mariyta wrote:
Falcone wrote:
Vote: farside22

We should have lynched her yesterday.
Did you post reasons for this before?

I'm going to have to look over my original list and revise it. I'd like to hear from Incognito, too.
same.

<snip>
The main area of interest here is Page 18.5 (Beginning of D2) to Page 21 (where Admiral posts the joke that quickly explodes in his face). That comprises Nonny's 37-49. The first 10 of the 13 posts Nonny makes in this period deal with the farside wagon (the last three dealing with LG's temporary bout of insanity/suicidal urges).

In these posts: She bemoans the speed with which the wagon has grown (39,43,44), asks for a case (37,38), fights intermittently
with the cases
she eventually receives(40,41,42), and basically gives up (45,46).

She
does not
: Defend farside directly (i.e. call her town, talk for her) or attempt any of the analyses she proposes. Her only direct address of farside is regarding Gurgi's Uncle Sam picture.

Her defense is certainly present, but its difficult to tell from what thinking it came from. Her reaction to the three quick votes placed is understandable from a policy standpoint, but she doesn't seem to have any conviction of farside being town. She argues against the case mechanically and in the vaguest possible terms. She goes to great lengths (see the muddle of 41) to argue only the abstract elements of the case, so that she won't go down on the record as saying "farside is town for doing this" or "the fact that farside did that does not make her scum". She claims that we need to examine the previous day before jumping to conclusions but does absolutely no scumhunting or analysis the entire day. Her play goes nowhere and makes no effort to get the town anywhere.

When a town player undertakes a defense of another player that lasts unbroken for 10 posts, it is usually not undertaken lightly as it will be rightly seen to be a major connection to a player who is likely to be lynched and might just be scum for all they know. That Nonny's defense of farside is so timid and so uninsipired, that she at best gives lip service to the cases against farside, that even when she claims to agree with them makes no move of actual suspicion towards farside suggests the behavior of a scum watching a buddy sink and doing everything they can without going down with them.

Nonny is effectively absent for the entire Admiral bandwagon.

(Edit By Way of Preview: Hey, no fair! You guys are all having fun while I'm doing serious work here!)
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by nonny »

Incognito wrote:
nonny wrote:
nonny, you got anything for us yet?
No, but i'm taking tomorrow off work as a sick day, so I will have time then.
You're really sick?
Yes....I keep coughing my way through sales. It sucks >.< But yeah like i said I will do my review tomorrow( after my doc appt. )
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #953 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:45 am

Post by Incognito »

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:(Edit By Way of Preview: Hey, no fair! You guys are all having fun while I'm doing serious work here!)
Don't worry. Your serious work isn't going unnoticed. :]
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #954 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:13 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

So...nonny? And Viv, but I'm not sure if you made any promises?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #955 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by nonny »

The day is still young.....just kidding. I'm going over things now. Had to do homework first.
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #956 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Incognito »

Vivian, I don't think you're done with your analysis since you've only done nonny during Day 2 so far, but what do you make of nonny's continued indirect defense of farside22 during Day 3?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #957 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by nonny »

Hate doing these player only post by post analysis, but didn't have time to read whole game.

Post numbers are based off only viewing viv's posts.

First few posts are a little odd. What strikes me most is her mention of a compromised lynch that DBE insinuated. She voted based on it. She didn't mention anything with LG just recently tried a compromised lynch with his list of who suspects whom.
post 4 wrote: I think it is pretty obvious that you're backpedaling (one word, one "d"), but I usually think backpaddling hard enough to rock the boat is not something scum often do. Farsidescum would have backed entirely off of DBE when challenged by Falcone. Arguing the point to a nub is something people do when they've actually made up their minds about something, not when they're pretending to have.
This seems almost like a pat on the back post since we now know farside is scum.
post 6 wrote:Fair enough. I overreacted.
I don't see why this is needed, she didn't over react. All that was done was ask for an explaination of why admiral overrates meta but was still useing it. He replied, and we get this. Really seems..like an apology and out of place.
post 6 wrote: All of Falcone's recently posted suspicions hinge around the target not participating to the fullest. Why no Mariyta?
Points out mariytascum lurking.

Both known scum end up in her scum list. Don't read it as spacing from them. Though she ends up voting faerielord for his lack of content. When she had two suspects based on thier content. THis seems like an arbritrary way to vote. What made him the one to vote for? Nothing in the posts says she sees him as more scummy...odd
post 9 wrote:I think there already is pressure on some of the others. I felt like FL was a new discovery that required action so as to have the most info possible going into deadline.
does one vote really help with pressure? Why not on the person you felt needed to be replaced? I don't have the context to know who was suspicious of whom in this analysis style, but it seems like a weird way to put it.

mirth accuses her of budding up over the spacecase claim. Viv insinuates that there may not be a picture to post baed on "independant research" uhm what?
post 16 wrote: Falcone's case on Farside is fairly solid but also fairly old. There doesn't seem to be anything from the end of D1 (though there's almost certainly material to work with) Why the sojurn to DBE before turning back to Farside today?

On the other hand, if Farside is scum, Admiral's ridiculously blatant defense of her should be underlined in red ink.
She is setting admiral up it feels like, a blant defense does not spell scum in a game where the players are expierenced. In a newbie game I can see this logic, but not here. Also, what does the case being old have to do with it, if you say it's good than it's good.
post 17 wrote:it's the only experience I've had with Admiral, but it will definitely flavor the way I treat the wagon that's cropped up. (Even if you dislike meta, it's still a fantastic game. It has several big names when they were just starting out, MOS playing the best game of his life, and a 45 page long D1 with no fewer than 4 L-1 wagons)
So she favors the wagon, without really saying much about it? Never actually votes.

[quote-"post 19"]farside getting a chance to post before being lynched. Suspects should always be given every opportunity to talk. If they're town/scum, the truths/lies they tell might help later. More specifically, what caused LG to drop his vote between 596 and 604?
incog wrote:Vivian Darkblaam: NabNab kept on mentioning that "clock is ticking" stuff with respect to Mariyta throughout Day 1. He-she questioned Falcone about an opinions post that failed to include Mariyta also. I never saw any indication from this Russian cross-dresser of an FoS or vote in her direction though. Then again, he-she never did much FoS-ing or voting throughout Day 1 or Day 2. He-she directly opposed condorcet so he-she never provided a list to summarize his-her feelings. He-she also had negative comments about my predecessor's claim (mentioning it sounds cult-ish) but since I've replaced, he-she hasn't really given me much flak or questioned me further about it. Hmm. His-her early FoS of Falcone also seemed really off (an FoS for having a vollkan-like quality?).

Is this a case? Because only 3/7 of it have to do with the seemingly objective heading its posted under(This account is 100% woman by the way; no need to go all PC "they" alternative on me)

I'm gonna have to think about the relationship between the farside and admiral wagons yesterday. They way they competed screams deflection from farside, especially Incognito's kitchen sink-included case, but one of the main architechts of Admiral's lynch is now a confirmed townie and the other voted farside right out of the gate today, so I don't know that to think. [/quote] She never comments on her thoughts on farside. Only the wagon, and wanting her to post. Sort of says she is inevitably the lynch, a stance I can see a partner taking.
post 21 wrote: tend to extend the benefit of the doubt to poor or infrequent players (try reading the section midway through 458 where I coin the term "Villiage Idiot") more than most and sometimes more than I should. My main goal in saying that the "clock is ticking" to Mari was to get her to say something of significance. I didn't want to should "lurker!" because that probably would not have promoted participation. When Mari did produce the post you disected, I saw that she was pretty much lost at sea when it came to analysis. Lots of non-sequiters and vague generalizations. Now we can see that this was just her attempt at being scummy, but at the time it kind of just made me sigh.
her feelings on maryita. How is "the clock is ticking" more conduesive to her posting and less threatening than "lurker!"?
post 29 wrote:One thing that should have been bothering me more if I had been paying attention. Why in holy hell did farside hammer herself? There would be no point in keeping up the jester facade. I can think of 4 explanations.
-She had just given up
-
There was an outstanding question she'd rather not answer/a general fear of exposing her scumbuddy through defense
-She was afraid her buddy would expose themselves (further) in a doomed (chainsaw?) defense.

-Uber-WIFOM anticipation of posts like this
This post seems...subjective and perhaps purposfully distracting? Especailly the bolded part. Was any one activally defending her? I was saying the lynch was fast, incog wanted discussion before she most likly self hammered. If anything you set her up to self hammer with the l-1 vote. So are you trying to set some one up, or generally curious. Hard to tell.
post 31 wrote: In regards to that appraisal, I was also very much wrong on giving farside and mariyta passes, and that post in particular will probably come back to bite me if anybody ever gets around to the PBPA's they've been talking about. Just because I take my time to make my decisions and value the discussion of the town over my own gut doesn't mean I don't take stands.
So she is aware of the fact she didn't take stances on them. She never mentioned her gut on them, only once asked that farside be allowed to post before her getting lynched, that was day three. So is this covering her own butt....feels like it.
post 31 wrote: I could totally see why farside would give up on a hopeless situation like the one she was in.
so she is no longer trying to help her partner, she has just given up? Then why point out the other "possiblities" earlier?
post 32 wrote: Additionally, Mariyta was the only one to make an appeal to newbishness with her string of "but I don't want to get yelled at posts". The post that you refrence as my vote was made far before I could have formed an opinion on whether or not Darla should be considered a newb
But mariyta isn't a newb, so why excuse her based on that? She has been playing for quite some time.
post 32 wrote:I felt it was more important to shine some light on those I saw as lurkers than to wagon a person I wasn't confident about. Instead of following, I scumhunted
You didn't really scum hunt, you just placed a vote on a new person that no one was voting....this isn't scumhunting. you didn't even really follow it up later.

Viv goes back and forth. She defends her actions for not voting farside saying she was suspicous but not enough to add another vote. Then defends saying no she wasn't trying to push a lynch on space case. This seems....very off. Why would you in one swoop be seemingly apologizing for not voting farside, then in the other not wanting a lynch. Sure they are different poeple, and that is the exact point. You want us to think you were against farside when you never voiced an opinion as such, but don't want incog to think you were/are against her/her predacessor.
post 32 wrote:I was actually very angry that D2 ended when it did. I was just starting to get into a discourse on ThAdmiral when the hammer fell. Things defintiely would have been different if I hadn't been V/LA when that whole thing sprang up
pointless thing to say, since she basically said she was leaning toward an admiral lynch, atleast half way stated that. So far she is good talking about actions but doesn't nail down any opinions on the actual players. I very keen way for scum to play.
post 32 wrote:I was operating under the premise that farside was pulling a desprate gambit with her jester claim (she was), and that while she would vote for herself while alive as an attempt to prove the claim, she wouldn't have any reason to seal the deal. I was actually confused then (and now) by your, eventually correct, prediction that farside would self-hammer. That said, it probably was rash to put the L-1 down at that time, but the case at that point seemed overwhelming.
Additional discussion wasn't going to reveal any more about whether or not farside was scum
(it was crystal clear that she was), but I am sorry for curtailing any more disscusion that might have been fruitful.
You, said yourself, that we shouldn't lynch farside till she spoke andthat discussion was good. It was obvious farside may self hammer based on the (fake) claim, and the fact that she kept throwing votes on and off herself. If you don't believe anything useful would come then why apologize for the vote on scum? The bolded I see as you gave up on her chance to defend herself, voted and then waited for a hammer.
post 33 wrote: Nonny: I've already posted what I wanted to post about the way Nonny played D1. It was lacking scumhunting despite being involved
At this point I can safly say the same for your day one and two behavior. Just because you voted someone different than everyone else, doesn't mean you scumhunted.

Ugh....FL is confusing one it's either faerielord or forbiddenlight. Comes up a lot...oh well. /sidenote
post=36 wrote:nfortunate if a preventable mislynch were to be undertaken simply because you had concerns that were never voiced outside of the vaguest of terms and that I never had any chance to respond to.
That looks like an appeal to emotion to me. Ussually these are used as a "don't do it, you'll regret it!" In my expierence ussually by scum or flailing town.
post 38 wrote:n these posts: She bemoans the speed with which the wagon has grown (39,43,44), asks for a case (37,38), fights intermittently with the cases she eventually receives(40,41,42), and basically gives up (45,46).
No i argued with LG because his case made no sense, and agreed that falcone's case made sense.
post 38 wrote: She does not: Defend farside directly (i.e. call her town, talk for her) or attempt any of the analyses she proposes. Her only direct address of farside is regarding Gurgi's Uncle Sam picture.
If these are points against me, they are against you as well. Though you didn't promise a re-read, you simply weren't there. I knew the current discussion, looked back on admiral didn't see where him being scummed suddenly got pulled from. Then got caught up in IRL.

I already admitted that I was busy, and didn't pay the attention needed. You seem to be skewing your case against me to look more substaintal than it is. The "mechanics" of cases I "ripped apart" were LG's and anybody looking at them would do the same. The only other case I commented on was Falcone's and only to say it made sense. I didn't cathc much of the admiral cases because I only had time to skim and fully read the longer of posts.
post 38 wrote:Her play goes nowhere and makes no effort to get the town anywhere.
Once again I could easily apply this to you.
post 38 wrote:When a town player undertakes a defense of another player that lasts unbroken for 10 posts, it is usually not undertaken lightly as it will be rightly seen to be a major connection to a player who is likely to be lynched and might just be scum for all they know. That Nonny's defense of farside is so timid and so uninsipired, that she at best gives lip service to the cases against farside, that even when she claims to agree with them makes no move of actual suspicion towards farside suggests the behavior of a scum watching a buddy sink and doing everything they can without going down with them.
First part is WIFOM, last part is silly. I had no reason to "watch a buddy sink" to "(avoid)going down with them" If this is your case it is weak at best. If I was watching then why would I bring up the speed of the lynch? Where did I defend her? I was against the speed of the lynch, and LG's case on her made no sense. Whereas falcone's case did. I wasn't going to vote simply because I agreed with one case. I wanted to look for myself to see if she was scummy, since I didn't have the time it never occured. I was not going to leave a vote on someone when I wasn't fully convinced on the case without having my own.

incog wrote: what do you make of nonny's continued indirect defense of farside22 during Day 3?
That your opinion, if so where? I may have been against the speed(again) but mostly because I was busy and being left behind. Please show how I'm indirectly defending her?

Also, you both have mentioned that I indirectly defend farside. But I was against the speed of the admiral lynch too, and had said as much. So you only pointing out the farside part seems caltulating.

I feel more than confidant to do this now
vote vivan
Reading through her play is just off, she never comments on players themself only the actions...She put farside at l-1 basically ignoring incogs suggestion. Her appeals to emotions and promises that had she been around it would be different are majorly scummy.
*insert bad joke here*
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:59 pm

Post by nonny »

Sorry forgot to preview my tags....wow only one wrong! Anyways I am now all warm...fever I think. So I am done for the night.
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #959 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:16 pm

Post by Incognito »

P.S. For the people taking score at home, Viv is at L-1. Nobody even thinks about hammering please until Viv finishes her stuff/we come to a final resolution about what to do today. I'd also like to read through what nonny had to say about Viv when I'm more awake and less busy. Thanks.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #960 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

nonny wrote:I now have no doubt in my mind.

vote Lord Guirgi
I believe he is now at L-1
Nonny, what happened to this? I think you're switching votes so that you don't get caught as the hammer, since the lynch on me failed.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (ISO) » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by nonny »

Uhm sorry no LG. I'm not no longer sure about the lynch on you as stated before. I believe Viv is the lynch for today, from everything I said. Reading her posts in succession cleared that up for me. Thought about what was going on and all that. Also, the incog's gambit didn't hurt you either. Never said you are clear in my book, you are still suspicious.
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #962 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Incognito »

nonny wrote:
incog wrote: what do you make of nonny's continued indirect defense of farside22 during Day 3?
That your opinion, if so where? I may have been against the speed(again) but mostly because I was busy and being left behind. Please show how I'm indirectly defending her?

Also, you both have mentioned that I indirectly defend farside. But I was against the speed of the admiral lynch too, and had said as much. So you only pointing out the farside part seems caltulating.
@nonny:
"Indirect defense" is probably the wrong phrase. What I mean is there were instances during Day 3 where you seemed to be deflecting attention away from the farside22 wagon by commenting on everything else that wasn't farside22. Below are examples:

Post 539:
You didn't comment on my farside22 vote at all but only commented on the fact that I mentioned something about having Mariyta-scum somewhere along my list of suspicions after the fact that she was dead. You mentioned that you found my comment suspicious because of this.

Post 605:
A bit of flak related to me being confirmed or not. You also mentioned something about reassessing my suspicions, which was basically directly related to farside22 at the time.

Post 607:
Commenting on the read that I had of you and a comment on FaerieLord's claim.

Post 612:
Again more comments on how quickly the wagon was moving but never commenting on your feelings about farside's alignment, which I would think you might have gotten into by then.

Post 654:
More Incog-flak but no comments on farside22 still.

Post 709:
You mentioned that you didn't get anything from your wagon analysis and you mention more about how you're uncomfortable with the speed of the farside22 wagon to which you eventually attribute to my playstyle.

And then farside self-hammered. I questioned Vivian on her thoughts about your Day 3 behavior because I actually somewhat think this attitude you had during Day 3 was a point in your favor. If you were scum with farside22, I would have expected you to feel the change in momentum against her and hop onto the farside22-wagon quickly to try and make yourself look good but you never did this. Vivian's analysis so far has only focused on your play during Day 2, so I'm curious to see her thoughts about a D3 nonny.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #963 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:12 am

Post by nonny »

Alright, thanks for the reply. I see what you mean. I get grumpy when I'm sick....taking a half sick day >.<
*insert bad joke here*
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #964 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

Well, some parts of Nonny's case are blatant misrepresentations. A selection:
Nonny wrote:
post 6 wrote:Fair enough. I overreacted.
I don't see why this is needed, she didn't over react. All that was done was ask for an explaination of why admiral overrates meta but was still useing it. He replied, and we get this. Really seems..like an apology and out of place.
I don't see why this is scummy. I extrapolated too far on what I saw as a contradiction and apologized when I realized that I was wrong to be as forceful in posting as I was.
Nonny wrote: mirth accuses her of budding up over the spacecase claim. Viv insinuates that there may not be a picture to post baed on "independant research" uhm what?
Various image searches for the South Park charater mentioned. I found one really basic stock photo, but going from what I had seen of the townie and miller roles, the standard picture was an impact image macro, and there were none of those.
Nonny wrote:
post 16 wrote: Falcone's case on Farside is fairly solid but also fairly old. There doesn't seem to be anything from the end of D1 (though there's almost certainly material to work with) Why the sojurn to DBE before turning back to Farside today?

On the other hand, if Farside is scum, Admiral's ridiculously blatant defense of her should be underlined in red ink.
She is setting admiral up it feels like, a blant defense does not spell scum in a game where the players are expierenced. In a newbie game I can see this logic, but not here. Also, what does the case being old have to do with it, if you say it's good than it's good.
I only said his defense need be noted, and your grounds for ignoring it are classic WIFOM. I've been over the "old" idea with Incognito. I thought the case was fairly good, I was scrutinizing
Falcone
over ressurecting the case. Only after looking back just now do I realize that he never voted DBE *slaps forehead*
Nonny wrote:
post 17 wrote:it's the only experience I've had with Admiral, but it will definitely flavor the way I treat the wagon that's cropped up. (Even if you dislike meta, it's still a fantastic game. It has several big names when they were just starting out, MOS playing the best game of his life, and a 45 page long D1 with no fewer than 4 L-1 wagons)
So she favors the wagon, without really saying much about it? Never actually votes.
F-L-A-V-O-R
Nonny wrote:
post 29 wrote:One thing that should have been bothering me more if I had been paying attention. Why in holy hell did farside hammer herself? There would be no point in keeping up the jester facade. I can think of 4 explanations.
-She had just given up
-
There was an outstanding question she'd rather not answer/a general fear of exposing her scumbuddy through defense
-She was afraid her buddy would expose themselves (further) in a doomed (chainsaw?) defense.

-Uber-WIFOM anticipation of posts like this
This post seems...subjective and perhaps purposfully distracting? Especailly the bolded part. Was any one activally defending her? I was saying the lynch was fast, incog wanted discussion before she most likly self hammered. If anything you set her up to self hammer with the l-1 vote. So are you trying to set some one up, or generally curious. Hard to tell.
I'm going to lump together all criticisms about my voting farside D3 here. When I voted farside, I did not consider her self-voting to be a possibility. I was thinking entirely along the lines of "Well, she wouldn't take her Jester claim so far as to self-hammer, so this is safe" (which I thought Incognito's waring was falsely based on). I'm aware of the scum's desire to end the day quickly, but I have
never
seen suicide as a tool of this, and the possibility just never clicked. I challenge those making a case of me, however, to make my behavior scummy and not-simply boneheaded. If I was giving farside a leg-up to suicide, why would I then call attention to the possibility of scum-buddy interaction in the above post (especially in such an awkward manner). Why wouldn't I just communicate a desire to bus, allow farside to self-vote, and apply the hammer at a time when it wouldn't look like euthinasia? I know most of this falls into WIFOM, but it takes a lot of WIFOM to explain away such apparently poor play.
Nonny wrote:
post 31 wrote: In regards to that appraisal, I was also very much wrong on giving farside and mariyta passes, and that post in particular will probably come back to bite me if anybody ever gets around to the PBPA's they've been talking about. Just because I take my time to make my decisions and value the discussion of the town over my own gut doesn't mean I don't take stands.
So she is aware of the fact she didn't take stances on them. She never mentioned her gut on them, only once asked that farside be allowed to post before her getting lynched, that was day three. So is this covering her own butt....feels like it.
I was saying I
do
take stands. This was an example meant to blast the notion that I have played carefully.
Nonny wrote:
post 32 wrote: Additionally, Mariyta was the only one to make an appeal to newbishness with her string of "but I don't want to get yelled at posts". The post that you refrence as my vote was made far before I could have formed an opinion on whether or not Darla should be considered a newb
But mariyta isn't a newb, so why excuse her based on that? She has been playing for quite some time.
If it walks like a newb, posts like a newb, and smells like a newb...
Nonny wrote:
post 32 wrote:I felt it was more important to shine some light on those I saw as lurkers than to wagon a person I wasn't confident about. Instead of following, I scumhunted
You didn't really scum hunt, you just placed a vote on a new person that no one was voting....this isn't scumhunting. you didn't even really follow it up later.
I attempted to, but was really posting only intermittently and with little time at that point in the game. I do remember asking one question (remember that there was not a whole lot of material to work with), but the time frame on her reponse and my rebuttal was too long to matter.
Nonny wrote: Viv goes back and forth. She defends her actions for not voting farside saying she was suspicous but not enough to add another vote. Then defends saying no she wasn't trying to push a lynch on space case. This seems....very off. Why would you in one swoop be seemingly apologizing for not voting farside, then in the other not wanting a lynch. Sure they are different poeple, and that is the exact point. You want us to think you were against farside when you never voiced an opinion as such, but don't want incog to think you were/are against her/her predacessor
You are taking two different situations that I approached in two different manners and trying to eke a contradiction out of them. All you get is a mess. (I did express suspicion of farside in my initial suspects posts, btw)
Nonny wrote:
post 33 wrote: Nonny: I've already posted what I wanted to post about the way Nonny played D1. It was lacking scumhunting despite being involved
At this point I can safly say the same for your day one and two behavior. Just because you voted someone different than everyone else, doesn't mean you scumhunted.
Now, see, this is funny, because I've been called on being somehow overzealous on Falcone and Spacecase D1. I was one of the first on DBE (though I eventually saw enough to get off), and my vote on FL was an attempt at scumhunting even though I wasn't able to pursue it.
Nonny wrote:
post=36 wrote:nfortunate if a preventable mislynch were to be undertaken simply because you had concerns that were never voiced outside of the vaguest of terms and that I never had any chance to respond to.
That looks like an appeal to emotion to me. Ussually these are used as a "don't do it, you'll regret it!" In my expierence ussually by scum or flailing town.
I'm not saying you'll regret lynching me (you will, but I hadn't said that until 6 words ago). I'm was not out of defenses, merely things to defend against (your post as replenished the store). This post remains as a call for the town to hit me with its best shot, so that I have every available chance to iron out misconceptions (see "flavor" above) and state my case. If I played poorly enough to still be lynched after all is said and done, then so be it, but I refuse to give up on stopping the town from making a mistake.
Nonny wrote:
post 38 wrote: She does not: Defend farside directly (i.e. call her town, talk for her) or attempt any of the analyses she proposes. Her only direct address of farside is regarding Gurgi's Uncle Sam picture.
If these are points against me, they are against you as well. Though you didn't promise a re-read, you simply weren't there. I knew the current discussion, looked back on admiral didn't see where him being scummed suddenly got pulled from. Then got caught up in IRL.

I already admitted that I was busy, and didn't pay the attention needed. You seem to be skewing your case against me to look more substaintal than it is. The "mechanics" of cases I "ripped apart" were LG's and anybody looking at them would do the same. The only other case I commented on was Falcone's and only to say it made sense. I didn't cathc much of the admiral cases because I only had time to skim and fully read the longer of posts.
I am not condeming you for not being there (in fact, this period was one of the more active of yours in the first three days), I was simply commenting on the things your play lacked that might indicate you were scum.

I accept your point about Gurgi's case being crap, but continue to note your enthusiasim in attacking that particular piece of crap.

Essentially, my issue with your defense of farside is demonstrated by a later part of your post in which you are able to (in decent conscience) ask "Where did I defend [farside]?", and that the preservation of this ability appeared to be intentional.
Nonny wrote: I feel more than confidant to do this now
vote vivan
Reading through her play is just off, she never comments on players themself only the actions...She put farside at l-1 basically ignoring incogs suggestion. Her appeals to emotions and promises that had she been around it would be different are majorly scummy.
What are players if not their actions? But even with that being said, it's blatantly false to claim that I did this.

Farside's L-1 has already been covered.
What appeals to emotion would these be?
Why is it scummy to claim that my participation in most of D2 would have altered its course? Given that my last post of D2 was all about ThAdmiral, my opinions on him, and his wagon, do you not think my participation could have changed the course of his wagon?

This appears to be an extremely slapdash conclusion, did you really consider what you were doing when you voted me? Because I've put a lot of consideration into voting you. I've wanted to be absolutely sure I'm doing the right thing; signing my name to the wrong wagon now would almost ensure that I am lynched tomorrow, causing the town to lose. I'm still not sure if I want to vote you. There are still many existing and potential accusations to answer and to make (I'm getting to D3, Incognito. I promise!)
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #965 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:38 am

Post by nonny »

do you not think my participation could have changed the course of his wagon?
No, I don't. I also find it a pointless thing to bring up as you had.

That is all I feel the need to reply to right now.....can't concentrate enough to respond further, sorry.
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #966 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:52 pm

Post by Incognito »

nonny, will you be responding to the rest of her questions when you're feeling better? I'd be very content with seeing more responses from you.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #967 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:04 pm

Post by nonny »

Incognito wrote:nonny, will you be responding to the rest of her questions when you're feeling better? I'd be very content with seeing more responses from you.
surely will...when i can concentrate on it.
*insert bad joke here*
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #968 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

You do realize you can't coast for too long or we are at deadline.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:09 pm

Post by nonny »

Is that addressed to me forbidden? If it is I'll assure you i'm not coasting. I really am sick and unable to reply at this juncture. That post by post analysis I did took a lot of work and energy I don't have. I swear when I'm better I'll be more than involved but this is all I can do at this moment...

And I realize we have autodeadlines here...right? So when would the auto deadline be?
*insert bad joke here*
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #970 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:33 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

5 days from now. That's why I mentioned it. You said you'd respond eventually. I just want to make sure no one tries to have business unfinished by deadline. I AM personally coasting since I've said my piece and am kinda just looking at what you all are saying. When it's done I'll probably make my own final decision on which analysis seems more on the ball and if either of you end up scummier than LG in my eyes.
-StrangerCoug

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #971 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by nonny »

Oh...by eventually I meant next day or two. Wouldn't put it off for five days no matter how sick i am.

Will you actually make comments on any analysis or just make a descision and then vote? More contribution from everyone will get us the furthest I think.
*insert bad joke here*
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #972 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Depends on how I'm feeling and how much time I have. I think I need to see both before I say anything. That's all. I think I'll be commenting though.
-StrangerCoug

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #973 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:06 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

forbiddanlight wrote:When it's done I'll probably make my own final decision on which analysis seems more on the ball and if
either of
you end up scummier than
LG
you in my eyes.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #974 (ISO) » Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Err, the first you is Nab, the second you is Nonny. :S

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”