camn
soundtracker
camn
soundtracker
soundtracker

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:08 am

Post by camn »

Fair enough.
"if you weren't trying to be so unnecessarily mysterious all the time we wouldn't have these misunderstandings" - Yosarian2
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:29 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

The Seventh Votecount

stormer (3) - Malyss, SpyreX, Stef
Rishi (2) - charter, DraketheFake

Not Voting (7) - melikefood, Rishi, stormer, camn, Nameless, Kmd4390, Porkens
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:27 am

Post by SpyreX »

I
really
dont like the last two posts by melikefood.
I was waiting for irrelevant discussion to pop up.
camn wrote:
Snakes on a plane is scientifically accurate.

:)
I disagree.
Strawmans are fun.
Why would you be waiting for irrelevant discussion to pop up instead of playing and, in response to said irrelevant discussion, bring up..irrelevant discussion?

OR, you're trying to say camn was
actually
trying to strawman Porkens based on a joke in regards to his avatar (which you edited)?
And now to some On-topic discussion...
Are there any questions that would need to be answered by me?

We wanted Rishi to talk right?
Would another vote get him to talk? Or is he just offline?
Passive, passive passive. Not good.
Ask questions, dont just wait for questions.
The "we wanted Rishi to talk" really bothers me - day 1 there really isn't a "we" or there shouldn't be. If YOU want Rishi to talk, then talk. Also, trying to justify a vote that would be, by nature, not because you thought he's scummy but to add another vote to get him to talk?
I wish to lynch the bad guys that are informed and do not have the majority so we (the uniformed majority) can win.

I would like the others (Being mainly Rishi and Stormer) to answer the questions that have already been put out by others (I think it's Camn and Porkens).

So I can formulate my own questions based on the information given.

Fancy talk is fun.
The top line just strikes me as trying too hard: yes, of course thats what all of us want (or would say we want) - why would you say it like that especially in response to the question posed which, by nature, was asking you to ACTIVELY participate (and not be more passive which is all of this post).

Why does it take them answering for you to have opinions on anything thats happened so far?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:I
really
Oddly enough, I do.

Rishi, post or die.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:22 pm

Post by Nameless »

Kmd, realistically, with how little has been posted by any one player in this game thus far your attempt to justify missing a relevant post while rereading one player seem somehow feeble. Especially when you've been one of the more active posters thus evidently have the time on yours hands. That you're now specifically admitting you erred and empathising with (almost molifying) your accusers yet firmly standing by the core issue (ie. whether you were defending stef or not) makes me wonder if you're not scum overdoing your attempt to get in the innocent's good books, as it were.

Or, of course, it WAS just an honest mistake and I'm reading far too much into it, it's kind of hard to tell.

Anyway, today's filler post was brought to you by the letter P. Which stands for, PostDarnItLurkers.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Rishi »

Hey... been really busy. Will catch up within 24 hours (and probably less than that).

By the way, charter, do you do anything except tag along on other people's opinions?
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by melikefood »

SpyreX wrote:I
really
I was waiting for irrelevant discussion to pop up.
camn wrote:
Snakes on a plane is scientifically accurate.

:)
I disagree.
Strawmans are fun.
Why would you be waiting for irrelevant discussion to pop up instead of playing and, in response to said irrelevant discussion, bring up..irrelevant discussion?

OR, you're trying to say camn was
actually
trying to strawman Porkens based on a joke in regards to his avatar (which you edited)?
I was waiting to make a joke that I found funny.
I was just thinking Camn was antagonizing Porkens to get him to get back in the game.
And now to some On-topic discussion...
Are there any questions that would need to be answered by me?

We wanted Rishi to talk right?
Would another vote get him to talk? Or is he just offline?
Passive, passive passive. Not good.
Ask questions, dont just wait for questions.
The "we wanted Rishi to talk" really bothers me - day 1 there really isn't a "we" or there shouldn't be. If YOU want Rishi to talk, then talk. Also, trying to justify a vote that would be, by nature, not because you thought he's scummy but to add another vote to get him to talk?
I was thinking that he was either not taking the votes on him seriously.
Or that he was offline and not paying attention.

I wasn't sure, so I was asking.
Being a yes man isn't very good.
Spyrex wrote:
I wish to lynch the bad guys that are informed and do not have the majority so we (the uniformed majority) can win.

I would like the others (Being mainly Rishi and Stormer) to answer the questions that have already been put out by others (I think it's Camn and Porkens).

So I can formulate my own questions based on the information given.

Fancy talk is fun.
The top line just strikes me as trying too hard: yes, of course thats what all of us want (or would say we want) - why would you say it like that especially in response to the question posed which, by nature, was asking you to ACTIVELY participate (and not be more passive which is all of this post). Why does it take them answering for you to have opinions on anything thats happened so far?
I'm Lazy.
What about you?
You haven't been active either.

In fact, I don't think it's too off to say you're doing something similar...
SpyreX wrote:
Now Watching Suspiciously: Spyrex. All you've done thus far is echo things other people have brought up (ie. Rishi and stormer wagon) or focus overly much on OOT discussion.
Fair enough, however - those things independent of other people do bother me. Stormer has no townie reason to ask the question he did - and this is not a newbie game so it is questionable behavior. Rishi's talking out of both sides in relation to OOT also is questionable.

Believe me,
once the game gets moving you can expect me to actually have something to say
. As of right now the only other person thats really catching my eye
is Stef just because of the timing when he comes in and the little "half-comments
" (like his joke on my statement which, by nature, could be interpreted either way).
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Nameless wrote:Kmd, realistically, with how little has been posted by any one player in this game thus far your attempt to justify missing a relevant post while rereading one player seem somehow feeble.
I was only skimming.
Nameless wrote: Or, of course, it WAS just an honest mistake and I'm reading far too much into it, it's kind of hard to tell.
It was an honest mistake but I don't think you are reading too much into it. If I were you right now, I'd be questioning me too.
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

charter wrote:Oddly enough, I do.

Rishi, post or die.
Why (to the first)?

But, a rebuttal:
Food wrote: I was waiting to make a joke that I found funny.
I was just thinking Camn was antagonizing Porkens to get him to get back in the game.
The joke...sure.
As for the other, get back into the game? Nothing had happened to "get" back into - that was the most obvious joke I've seen this thread. Calling a strawman on it really seems like, well, a total waste-post.
Food wrote:I was thinking that he was either not taking the votes on him seriously.
Or that he was offline and not paying attention.

I wasn't sure, so I was asking.
Being a yes man isn't very good.
Why are you asking permission to ask questions or vote - if you think there is more there then ask questions. IF you think its worth voting for, vote. Again, this is being passive to see where the game goes and flow along with it - its not looking for scum or odd behavior.
Food wrote: I'm Lazy.
What about you?
You haven't been active either.

In fact, I don't think it's too off to say you're doing something similar...
Your response for having NO opinions on anything thats happened is that you're lazy? In addition, you're saying that I'm doing the same thing therefore it isn't scummy or are you just OMGUS'ing?

The funny thing is, the fact you are saying this in reply to a post where I gave my negative
opinions
on your play so far makes it all the sweeter.

I'm really not sure what you're aiming for with my quote and what you've bolded:

1.) Something happened that I had something to say about (see you're scummy posts)

2.) Stef was making half-comments - the kind of comments that, if interpreted as being actual suspicion and carried on by someone else he could bandwagon on. That is a little scummy, enough to make me watch him - no case because its just gut and, so far, its stayed that way.

Now, I'll try to be concise with this, but:
##unvote: Stormer, ##vote: melikefood

Case:

1.) Food has managed to not have an opinion on the "major" events so far this game (Stormer's I are cop, the KMD-Stef 'connection', Porkens calling him out for power lurking, etc).
--- The only thing he has had an opinion on was wanting to know why JDodge voted Nameless.
2.) Twice now he has asked "the town" what "we" should do about something - both in regards to votes (or potential wagons). This really seems like 1.) trying to appear towny (what should "we" do) and 2.) acting as a litmus test before voting to see if it will have backlash and/or have momentum.
3.) In response to my asking about him not having opinions 1.) I'm Lazy (its not hard to have opinions, ffs) and a delicious OMGUS.

So, yes, Stormer is high on the 'dar AND I would like some input from Rishi but seriously this is bad news and enough for a vote, for now.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Nameless »

Nameless wrote:... That you're now specifically admitting you erred and empathising with (almost molifying) your accusers yet firmly standing by the core issue (ie. whether you were defending stef or not) makes me wonder if ...
Kmd4390 wrote:It was an honest mistake but I don't think you are reading too much into it. If I were you right now, I'd be questioning me too.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by melikefood »

Okay...

I do tend to keep to myself and don't want to sound like a bandwagoner.

Stormer's not deserving of a lynch. Suspicion is on though.
Didn't really pay attention to the KMD thing...will read.
I am power lurking...and what?

These things seem of little importance and are just nitpicky...but I guess I should keep in mind it's Day 1.

I'm not calling Camn's post a strawman, I'm calling it a personal attack to get Porkens back out after his big post and then that really long silence were nobody talked...
You saying I'm calling it a strawman...is a strawman.

Too townie
Invalid
Everybody doesn't want to get lynched.

I'm not OMGUSing.
I'm pointing out your hypocrisy.

OMGUS is about you voting on me...
So...Strawman...
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 6:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

I'm not calling Camn's post a strawman, I'm calling it a personal attack to get Porkens back out after his big post and then that really long silence were nobody talked...
I disagree.
Strawmans are fun.
So I sure pulled strawman out of nowhere - I didn't say you were actually strawmanning. I said you called Camn's post a strawman, which you did.
I'm not OMGUSing.
I'm pointing out your hypocrisy.
What hypocrisy? I said I dont like that you don't have opinions on anything this game. You said "I'm lazy" and "omg you don't have opinions too" - when I have.

So, maybe you're right. OMGUS might not be the right word. It just has soo much flair than "BUT HEEEEE DID IT TOOOO" (especially when I didn't).

Keep on keepin on' though.
These things seem of little importance and are just nitpicky...but I guess I should keep in mind it's Day 1.
Yep, not having opinions on the game, saying you're lazy, your defense for poor actions is that someone else is doing them as well, posting little content, using "we" every chance you get to go HEY GUYS I'M TOTALLY ONE OF YOU RIGHT, GUYS, GUYS? Is just nitpicky.

I need a giant :roll: that is vomiting out smaller crying :roll:
Show

Proud member of BaM
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:10 pm

Post by melikefood »

I didn't.
I said strawmans are fun.

That doesn't mean the argument I was responding to was a strawman.
I was setting up a Strawman and found the process fun.

So...Strawman.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by Nameless »

Am I the only one finding melikefood's posts increasingly incomprehensible?
Porkens
Porkens
Survivor
Porkens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:40 pm

Post by Porkens »

melikefood wrote:I didn't.
I said strawmans are fun.

That doesn't mean the argument I was responding to was a strawman.
I was setting up a Strawman and found the process fun.

So...Strawman.
##Vote: melikefood
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:36 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

melikefood wrote: I do tend to keep to myself and don't want to sound like a bandwagoner.
If you are town, don't be so scared of being lynched. If you think some one is scum, say exactly that. If you are lynched, we will gain information from what you have said. If you don't give any opinions, we won't gain anything from you either dead or alive. So basically, not giving opinions is anti-town.

I don't get the whole strawman thing. I really haven't seen anything in this game that can be called strawman so I don't know where it's coming from..
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:04 am

Post by Stef »

Ok this is still going on I see. ( the part about the "half-comments" and with the "interesting post" ) This is funny tho considering it was pretty much nothing and it aroused so much suspicion.

First of all i have to go back to the second page of this topic and find the #33 post:
Stef wrote:
SpyreX wrote: I wish I was the informed majority. Insta-win

Hmm.. interesting statement...
Since he was so hang up on the interpretation saying that my joke can be interepreted both ways.. ok.. let's see it from both ways! If it was a joke it meant nothing! If it wasn't a joke it meant i was fishing because i thought i really saw something suspicious. OMG.. you are right.. that makes me "obvscum". TBH I was half-joking in my half-comment post. I saw a player that said "I wish I was the informed majority" witch, even tho in the "joke phase" of the game, seemed a little suspicious for me considering we have a player who feels the need to state that he is town so soon in the game. It could have been a phrase used to discreetly make people think he is town by reading his joke.

Didn't really know what to make of it and I considered it too early for the stage of the game to start fishing answers from a player that didn't actually post that much or gave too much content to the game. I preferred to post a half-joke post in the hope that he will respond.

After my post his next reply regarding me was:
SpyreX wrote:Vote: Rishi

Coming down on the "joke" by Stef is understandable.

However, the rest of it is saying a lot of nothing - a very good way to "blend" this early on, which is a red flag.

Yet, the one time you decide to say something you condemn the talk from one side while fueling the flames? You want the distraction.
Therefore he did not consider my post to be a joke and yet he didn't respond to it preferring to go after Rishi by joining the wagon and not bringing any actual new arguments to the vote.

Then, in a weird way Rishi's defense post has a very interesting part in it:
Rishi wrote: .
I know that SpyreX's original statement was a joke
, but was Stef's response a joke? What do you think the purpose of Stef's statement was?
You
know
that SpyreX's original statement was a joke? Why are you so sure exactly? Not saying this is evidence of teaming up but sure seems suspicious to me and yet again throws attention away from himself.

Flow of events: SpyreX votes for Rishi, Rishi in reply clears SpyreX and backs him up in the suspicion against me.

Then, right after Nameless brought some suspicion upon SpyreX he comes back to my posts by saying:
SpyreX wrote: Believe me, once the game gets moving you can expect me to actually have something to say. As of right now the only other person thats really catching my eye is Stef just because of the timing when he comes in and the little "half-comments" (like his joke on my statement which, by nature, could be interpreted either way).
So .. it's ok to have nothing to say considering the game isn't so far ahead but yet you find it normal to accuse me of "half-comments". As far as my timing i don't really get it. You think i have nothing better to do than camp other players posting all day? I post when i get online and have the time to do it. As far as the "his joke on my statement (..) could be interpreted either way" i gave an answer at the top of my post.

That was what i had to say regarding the allegation regarding my "interesting statement" post.

As far as the accusation regarding me picking on JDodge it wasn't role-playing or even game related as much as me not liking his attitude towards the game and towards the work the moderator put in the game.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:05 am

Post by Stef »

And yeah, it was my birthday and HB = Happy birthday. Right now i'm very tired and can't really pull it together to post about the recent events in the game. Just wanted to respond to SpyreX's posts regarding me.

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Stef wrote:
Since he was so hang up on the interpretation saying that my joke can be interepreted both ways.. ok.. let's see it from both ways! If it was a joke it meant nothing! If it wasn't a joke it meant i was fishing because i thought i really saw something suspicious. OMG.. you are right.. that makes me "obvscum". TBH I was half-joking in my half-comment post. I saw a player that said "I wish I was the informed majority" witch, even tho in the "joke phase" of the game, seemed a little suspicious for me considering we have a player who feels the need to state that he is town so soon in the game. It could have been a phrase used to discreetly make people think he is town by reading his joke.

Didn't really know what to make of it and I considered it too early for the stage of the game to start fishing answers from a player that didn't actually post that much or gave too much content to the game. I preferred to post a half-joke post in the hope that he will respond.
So your "half comment" is a "half joke"?
And...you thought it was suspicious to want to be an informed majority?
Do you understand that this is like saying that in a standard game, there are more scum than town to start the game? That IS an instant win and would be great to be on that side.
And...you saw it as suspicious but decided to hide it behind a joke in case it would make you look scummy???
What?!?!?
No, seriously, WHAT?!?!?
Stef wrote: So .. it's ok to have nothing to say considering the game isn't so far ahead but yet you find it normal to accuse me of "half-comments".
"It's not scummy because some one else did it too!!!!!"
Stef wrote: As far as the accusation regarding me picking on JDodge it wasn't role-playing or even game related as much as me not liking his attitude towards the game and towards the work the moderator put in the game.
not liking some one's attitude doesn't make them scum.
Stef wrote: i'm very tired and can't really pull it together to post about the recent events in the game.
Ok, but I'll look forward to some thoughts later and just to be sure,
##vote stef
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Stef »

Well now.. look who popped out of the cannon.
Kmd4390 wrote: And...you thought it was suspicious to want to be an informed majority?
You must be tired as well. :) I didn't say i thought it was suspicious to want to be an informed majority.. Read again ..
This is what i previously wrote:
seemed a little suspicious for me considering we have a player who feels the need to state that he is town so soon in the game. It could have been a phrase used to discreetly make people think he is town by reading his joke.
If that means i thought it was suspicious to want to be an informed majority it means my English really sucks badly.

The rest of your gibberish is nonsense considering you started off on a wrong statement and put words into my mouth.
Kmd4390 wrote:And...you saw it as suspicious but decided to hide it behind a joke in case it would make you look scummy???
And here you go again.. did you actually bother to read what i wrote? Never mind.. this is what i actually gave as an explanation for the fact that i kept it a half-joke:
Stef wrote: Didn't really know what to make of it and I considered it too early for the stage of the game to start fishing answers from a player that didn't actually post that much or gave too much content to the game.
That means that i wasn't sure if he was joking or it was a strategy so I felt like i had no reason to jump on his head based on a gut feeling.

And then you go exagerating and blowing up proportions of what i said by typing "What?!?!? No, seriously, WHAT?!?!?" into your post.
Kmd4390 wrote: "It's not scummy because some one else did it too!!!!!"
Did i say it was scummy? putting words into my mouth again.
Kmd4390 wrote: not liking some one's attitude doesn't make them scum.
Where did i accuse him of being scum or even cast suspicion on him because of his attitude? No really cause I'm curious. I didn't accuse him of being scum or even scummy. I just asked him why he voted for nameless without giving any reasons.

All i see from you in this post is insecurity and a need to point fingers without any actual evidence.

I didn't consider SpyreX to be scummy for the part you said. I explained that part in my previous post. I didn't accuse JDodge of being scum or scummy or even suspicious. That means you either didn't even bother to read my post OR you did and you just wanted to draw attention on someone else because you were being under the suspicion of others lately.

Making a big fuss over things i didn't actually say or things took out of context IS however scummy.
FOS: Kmd4390

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:02 am

Post by charter »

SpyreX wrote:
charter wrote:Oddly enough, I do.

Rishi, post or die.
Why (to the first)?
He acted just like this in Ramen mafia and was town.
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:31 am

Post by SpyreX »

Nameless wrote:Am I the only one finding melikefood's posts increasingly incomprehensible?
Nope. I'm pretty sure he said he wasn't strawmanning but setting up a strawman but somehow that wasn't a strawman. When, of course, the issue isn't a strawman or strawmanning but his play and lack of opinions and everything else.
Stef wrote:Since he was so hang up on the interpretation saying that my joke can be interepreted both ways.. ok.. let's see it from both ways! If it was a joke it meant nothing! If it wasn't a joke it meant i was fishing because i thought i really saw something suspicious. OMG.. you are right.. that makes me "obvscum". TBH I was half-joking in my half-comment post. I saw a player that said "I wish I was the informed majority" witch, even tho in the "joke phase" of the game, seemed a little suspicious for me considering we have a player who feels the need to state that he is town so soon in the game. It could have been a phrase used to discreetly make people think he is town by reading his joke.
This is just getting cute on some level. Just so we're clear - I never said you were obvscum. I never said I had a case. I said I was watching you because your half-comments are off.

Now, why would that half-comment be off if it was interpeted as not a joke? Its not just the fishing - its the fact you are fishing and laying the groundwork for a wagon without stating a real opinion on it: if the town thinks its a joke, then you made a joke and no one is the wiser. If the town thinks there is merit in what you're fishing for and starts a wagon well, hey, you can jump on no problem because it was you that brought it to light to begin with.
TBH I was half-joking in my half-comment post. I saw a player that said "I wish I was the informed majority" witch, even tho in the "joke phase" of the game, seemed a little suspicious for me considering we have a player who feels the need to state that he is town so soon in the game. It could have been a phrase used to discreetly make people think he is town by reading his joke.
After seeing how this game is going I am sorry for making my joke. I'll spell it out:
there is NO informed majority in a mafia game
. By nature of the game, if there was, they would have won already. Hence, my statement I wish I was part of the informed majority (hence won already).
Therefore he did not consider my post to be a joke and yet he didn't respond to it preferring to go after Rishi by joining the wagon and not bringing any actual new arguments to the vote.

Then, in a weird way Rishi's defense post has a very interesting part in it:
I still dont see it as a joke, a true haha joke. It may have been in jest, but it still could easily be what I've said above. Now that I've explained in detail my joke (which Rishi saw as a joke because it can't be construed as anything but).
So .. it's ok to have nothing to say considering the game isn't so far ahead but yet you find it normal to accuse me of "half-comments". As far as my timing i don't really get it. You think i have nothing better to do than camp other players posting all day? I post when i get online and have the time to do it. As far as the "his joke on my statement (..) could be interpreted either way" i gave an answer at the top of my post.
I didn't have anything to say. You'll notice thats changed with some of the faaabulous posting thats been going on. However, even at that point again I said I was watching you because the sniping and comments like that above are scum-tactics: watching implies I haven't made up my mind either way. If I think you're scum, believe me I'll let you know.
charter wrote:He acted just like this in Ramen mafia and was town.
Meta is retarded. Day 1 meta is even sadder. :P
Show

Proud member of BaM
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:54 am

Post by Stef »

Damn.. always read "informed majority" as "informed minority" >.< :embarrassed:

Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 10:35 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Stef wrote:Well now.. look who popped out of the cannon.
Kmd4390 wrote: And...you thought it was suspicious to want to be an informed majority?
You must be tired as well. :) I didn't say i thought it was suspicious to want to be an informed majority.. Read again ..
This is what i previously wrote:
seemed a little suspicious for me considering we have a player who feels the need to state that he is town so soon in the game. It could have been a phrase used to discreetly make people think he is town by reading his joke.
If that means i thought it was suspicious to want to be an informed majority it means my English really sucks badly.

The rest of your gibberish is nonsense considering you started off on a wrong statement and put words into my mouth.
You are the one putting words into someone's mouth. How is wanting to be an informed majority (I'm sure everyone would like to be in that position) trying to make someone think he is town? You are making no sense at all.
Stef wrote:
Stef wrote: Didn't really know what to make of it and I considered it too early for the stage of the game to start fishing answers from a player that didn't actually post that much or gave too much content to the game.
That means that i wasn't sure if he was joking or it was a strategy so I felt like i had no reason to jump on his head based on a gut feeling.
Either you are straight up joking or you saw it as suspicious. Pick one. Don't say "oh it was a half joke."
Was it a joke or did you really find it suspicious?
If you found it suspicious, why not speak up about it?
Yes, it's early in the game, but the only way we get anywhere is by looking at small things first.
It looks to me like you called it a half joke because it could go either way.
If nobody agrees with you, it's ok because you were joking.
If everybody agrees, you say "yeah, that's what I said."
I just don't like it.
Stef wrote: Did i say it was scummy? putting words into my mouth again.
no. You didn't say it was scummy and I didn't say that you did.
Some one pointed out your "half comments".
Your defense was "but look over here. some one else was doing it too."
Stef wrote: Where did i accuse him of being scum or even cast suspicion on him because of his attitude? No really cause I'm curious. I didn't accuse him of being scum or even scummy. I just asked him why he voted for nameless without giving any reasons.
Ok, sorry. I was under the impression that voting was a way to cast suspicion. I wasn't aware that you were voting for reasons other than trying to find scum. My bad.
Stef wrote: All i see from you in this post is insecurity and a need to point fingers without any actual evidence.
No, if I wasn't providing evidence, there would be no quotes followed by reasoning. Even if there were, they would probably be made to said something completely different than what was meant. Actually, it would look a lot like your post. I'd probably follow it up with an FoS instead of a vote too, because that can't be found in voting records and doesn't really commit me to suspecting you.
Stef wrote: I didn't accuse JDodge of being scum or scummy or even suspicious.
Nope, you just voted for him. There's no way some one could mistake that for you being suspicious of him.
Stef wrote: That means you either didn't even bother to read my post
You're right. I just quoted random parts of your post and told you exactly what I found scummy about it WITHOUT EVEN READING IT.
Stef wrote:you just wanted to draw attention on someone else because you were being under the suspicion of others lately.
Really now...
I don't think anyone was voting me.
Yes, a few people questioned me and I understand why.
I'm not going to ignore everything else in the game just because people ask me a question or two.
Stef wrote: Making a big fuss over things i didn't actually say or things took out of context IS however scummy.
I agree.
But looking at what you DID say, pointing it out, and voting is NOT scummy.
Stef wrote:
FOS: Kmd4390
Yep, there's the FoS. That's what I was looking for.
Seriously, if you think that I am scummy, vote for me.
Or at least post some rational thoughts explaining why I am scummy.

I like my vote where it is.
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:31 pm

Post by Nameless »

Not that Stef is doing a fantastic job of defending himself, Kmd's accusations are pretty bad in the last few posts and the whole "Yep, there's the FOS." thing just makes me facepalm.

Also, attention seems to have moved casually away from stormer in this last page without any further defence by him. This may be indicative that stormer actually IS scum ... if he were merely clueless innocent, I would have expected the scum to be pushing harder for his lynch than has been done. However, if stormer is scum, it would go some way as to explaining why we're suddenly arguing again over an older issue.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”