Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

nonny wrote:also winslow should have that hat on in the comic lol
Obv. Email him and tell him so.

Vote Count:
nonny (1) - LG
viv - (1) - incog
LG - (1) forbiddanlight

Not voting: nonny, viv
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Incognito »

forbiddanlight, can you please respond to my Post 819? I realize you did a PBPA of Gurgi and everything but what do you think of the logic I used to gather that Lord Gurgi is likely innocent here? Also, what do you think of the early interactions between Gurgi, farside22, and Mariyta when Lord Gurgi claimed Miller? In particular, what do you think of this post:
Mariyta, [b][url=https://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?p=1161148#1161148]in her Post 60[/url][/b], wrote:A) I like Steel Magnolias. It always makes me cry.

B) I'm not familiar enough with the miller role to make a call on whether Lord Gurgi is lying or not.

C)
Vote Nonny
because it's my God-given right.
Scum usually have a pre-game discussion to plan strategy and the like, and I'm assuming this game was no different. If Lord Gurgi was scum with Mariyta and farside22 do you not think they would have planned this "Miller claim" strategy out? Do you think Mariyta was being earnest when she said she's "not familiar enough with the miller role to make a call" or do you think it was part of a pre-game discussion act?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:15 am

Post by nonny »

So far the games I have played here, millers do know they are millers. However I just don't get why LG claimed so early. There was no need or pressure for such a claim
I'm just curious can you show me where the discusion on this was? I think I can think of the reason why claiming this early is good. I just wonder what was said exactly on this.
It seemed like there was likes of back and forth on the issue. Some people talk about when during the day to claim and others say it sets up for scum claiming it to save themselves.
However with the poster of uncle sam I feel like that would be something a person would see if they were recruiter. You know the army poster that says Uncle Sam wants you
Farside was the first one to be really skeptical of the claim, and question it. Mirth asked for a counter claim which i saw as a joke, vivan asked if millers even knew they were millers.
LG wrote: I certainly hope so Falcone, I'm suspicious of anyone who would ignore my claim, Why Faerie Lord though?
Why? I feel the best thing to do with a miller claim is ignore it, it's all WIFOM. Why did you feel it so special that everyone must acknowledge it? You did that same thing with the request to be vig'd. You want everyone to know it. So either you just like the attention, or you think these actions make you look pro-town and want every one to comment on it and hopefully remember it.
LG wrote:Vote: Farside22 Why are you man-hating so much? You have a kid!
So his voting of farside started with a seemingly random joke vote? And he just kept on it because she didn't believe his claim and almost nothing else. When day 2 came we was back on like fire IIRC after falcone had already revoted per his reasons day1, LG mimic'd this but had no real strong reasons. Falcone had a whole case he brought back, LG even said "wow i agree fully with his case, it's better than mine"(paraphrasing, to lazy to look up direct quote) So I don't think LG gets any credit for farside being lynched as scum. I see it as perhaps distancing, busing, and planned. I now have no doubt in my mind.

vote Lord Guirgi
I believe he is now at L-1
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Incognito »

nonny, you bring up good points about Lord Gurgi actually. I could have sworn that after reading Lord Gurgi's posts in isolation that he had provided
some
reasoning for choosing farside22 as one of his top scum picks (he mentioned something about "going over this to death" in relation to why he thought farside22 was scum, which I think is what led me to believe he had actually presented a case against farside22) but now that I've filtered his posts in isolation and reread them again pretty thoroughly, I see no such thing. All he's repeatedly mentioned was that it's been a gut read (ever since his seemingly random vote on farside22 during early day 1 which you correctly pointed out), which is fine and dandy if he's town and is actually correct about this read but is also a nice way of pushing for a lynch as scum through bussing (see! my "gut" was right!).

Fuck. The only person I feel pretty good about right now is forbiddanlight, and I still feel like a nonny-scum would have been less sloppy in this game.

Also, Falcone in night-talking seemed really adamant about Lord Gurgi's lynch. Feh, maybe he was onto something since he had a good understanding of the Day 1 game during real time.
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:54 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

forbiddanlight, can you please respond to my Post 819? I realize you did a PBPA of Gurgi and everything but what do you think of the logic I used to gather that Lord Gurgi is likely innocent here? Also, what do you think of the early interactions between Gurgi, farside22, and Mariyta when Lord Gurgi claimed Miller? In particular, what do you think of this post:
Well...it's odd, and I have no idea WHY they'd bus a godfather so early, but I can't ignore the posts I've seen. Mari more likely had that response prepared, but I can't be sure since there was so little from her! Obviously if Gurgi IS scum then it would be more likely scripted :S. Is it possible they didn't talk this over first maybe? And honestly, why go after farside with no reasoning, claim there WAS reasoning, and be all "oops, my bad" and put together a little paragraph of random things about farside? I admit I don't feel good about what you dug up, but I don't feel good about leaving him alive given what I observed :S. And to me, it's really a toss up between Viv and Gurgi, favoring Gurgi :S.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:02 am

Post by Incognito »

forbiddanlight: Fair enough. What you say does make sense, yeah.

I'd like more from Vivian, and I'd still like nonny to comment on Vivian as well before anyone even thinks about hammering LG. I think Vivian was going to go more in-depth with stuff too, so I'd like to see that as well.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:14 am

Post by nonny »

incog wrote: I'd still like nonny to comment on Vivian as well
I am working on this, I just had some free time after you posted the mariyta part found it interseting wanted to review what happened during the claim more. Once I get free time(most likely tomorrow mid morning after class) I will review vivian.
*insert bad joke here*
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:18 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Vote Count!

LG (2) - nonny, forbiddanlight
nonny (1) - LG
Viv (1) - Incog

Not voting: Viv

With 5 Alive, 3 to lynch!
Last edited by elvis_knits on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:20 am

Post by Incognito »

e_k-mod:
I'm voting for Vivian. =)

Oops I hope everything else is correct... I will double check!
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:44 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well I guess that's it for me then. I hope you guys pick right tomorrow.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by Incognito »

Actually, yeah, it makes sense. HAMMAH!

Vote: Lord Gurgi
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by nonny »

I'd like more from Vivian, and I'd still like nonny to comment on Vivian as well
before anyone even thinks about hammering LG
. I think Vivian was going to go more in-depth with stuff too, so I'd like to see that as well.
......IGMEOY

that defeatist attitude makes me worried...hope we were right. *waits for mod to announce*
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:44 pm

Post by Incognito »

Well, Gurgi is on right now. Maybe he can tell us?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Nope. My claim was true.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Incognito wrote:LG: I can clear up one question mark for you -- my vote will not be touching you at all. Also, did your avatar always have that hat?
Just something to look at.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Incognito »

This:
elvis_knits wrote:2) All votes must be in bold. Like this:
vote:rajrhcpfreak
If you plan on changing your vote, you must
unvote
first. Otherwise I will not count your vote.
I was hoping to get some sort of reaction from Gurgi. If he's scum he didn't bite the bait, and if he's town, then he really is a Miller.

Ah well. Worth a shot.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

....What.

I hate you so much right now.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Post by Incognito »

Lord Gurgi wrote:....What.

I hate you so much right now.
Heh. I still like a Vivian lynch.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:59 pm

Post by nonny »

That was a very stupid thing to do.....some mods would count it regardless of that stipulation.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well I guess I could go for a Vivlynch, I just prefer nonny lynch like I prefer orange juice to Battery Acid.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Incognito »

nonny wrote:That was a very stupid thing to do.....some mods would count it regardless of that stipulation.
It's called a gambit. I sent a message to e_k mod to let her know that I did that purposely so if she did log on before Gurgi responded, she wouldn't count it.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

It's called a gambit. I sent a message to e_k mod to let her know that I did that purposely so if she did log on before Gurgi responded, she wouldn't count it.
Interesting. Well, we can't be sure Gurgi is not scum. Anywhere from observing that to being the kind of player who keeps you hanging to flip. But it was an interesting attempt :S.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Interesting. Well, we can't be sure Gurgi is not scum. Anywhere from observing that to being
the kind of player who keeps you hanging to flip
. But it was an interesting attempt :S.
Like Farside and the self hammer.

But yeah, what do we do now? We have to lynch someone.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by Incognito »

Well we wait for what I mentioned in 905 and then go from there.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:17 pm

Post by nonny »

But yeah, what do we do now? We have to lynch someone.
I don't think we are currently under a deadline. What's your rush?

Also, even though that gambit does make me suspect you a little less you are still a sheep.

Will still be reviewing viv tomorrow after class.

unvote
just in case. Also, that gambit proved to me I'm not as sure as I thought I was.

I know it was a gambit incog, you pming ek makes it a bit less stupid I suppose.
*insert bad joke here*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”