Mini 660 - Star Trek: DS9 Mafia (Ruined = Over)

ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 am

Post by ZONEACE »

frelaras wrote:Well, I was voting for Jebus based on his behaviour. Now his claim seems satisfying enough (but IGMEOY). Zoneace has popped up again for his anti-town play.

Vote: Zoneace

Being bored enough to start softclaiming from almost your first post doesn't seem very helpful. OTOH, you're going to get to claim for real very soon.

Yeah, you may want to try using the preview button before you post, it will help you avoid posts liek this that make you look silly.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:36 am

Post by frelaras »

*EDWOP* I didn't see his attempted day-vig before posting. I'll wait and see what the outcome is before changing my vote. If this is a gambit and it fails, we know who the first one up against the wall will be...
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:38 am

Post by ZONEACE »

frelaras wrote:*EDWOP* I didn't see his attempted day-vig before posting. I'll wait and see what the outcome is before changing my vote. If this is a gambit and it fails, we know who the first one up against the wall will be...

yeah, waiting to unvote is a GREAT idea, just put me at -2 and allow 2 more people to jump on and lynch me before CDB shows up.

Good plan.

really, is it that hard to unvote and allow the kill to happen? Seriously, if it doesn't happne you can just as easily REVOTE
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:43 am

Post by frelaras »

Now you're starting to sound desperate as well as hostile. Hoping your scum power isn't too obviously not a day-vig?
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:44 am

Post by sekinj »

well, zone is certainly playing a kinglon convincingly...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find a job[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó [s]Find an apartment[/s]
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:45 am

Post by ZONEACE »

frelaras wrote:Now you're starting to sound desperate as well as hostile. Hoping your scum power isn't too obviously not a day-vig?
are you fucking high??

that post doesn't even make sense.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:50 am

Post by Timeater »

I swear, some of you guys know nothing about star trek. I was kinda hoping this would happen, I sort of expected it (god I'm good). I recommend an unvote on Zone for now, he deserves the chance to see his power in effect. I'm really curious about it. If he was ninja lynched before we got to see the vig, major FoS on whoever would do that.

Hey Zone, how does it work, is it a guaranteed kill? Whats some of the flavor say?
watch for the eggshells
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:52 am

Post by sekinj »

Agree. Will unvote to see the day-vig in action.

Unvote
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:56 am

Post by ZONEACE »

As far as I can tell its a guranteed kill. Basically the flavor of the ability is that because my expertise at hand to hand fighting I'll win the "honorable combat" and the other person will die, and then the day will just go on as normal from that point and we can still lynch someone.

as for the flavor of my role, its essentially that I'm disgusted by the fact that there are spies on board DS9 because there is no honor is being a spy because of this disgust I've set out to show them what true honor is, by killing the shit out of them.
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:50 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Way of the Warrior

Shouts and accusations bounce back and forth across the Promenade, as everyone suspects their colleagues of being Dominion spies. Amidst the debate, one voice begins to roar louder than the others. Eventually, ZONEACE tires of this unproductive chatter. He pushes through the crowd until he is facing the object of his fury, brandishing a bat'leth. Looks like some rookie security guard forgot to confiscate that when he entered the Promenade.

"I challenge you," growls ZONEACE, "to face me in honourable combat!"

"Hey, pallie," Jebus exclaims, fear etched across his face, "this is all just a misunderstanding. Look, can I just sing you guys a song and we can all calm down and think this through?"

"DOMINION COWARD!" cries ZONEACE, and slices him clean in two.

As a shocked silence descends on the mob, their surroundings fizzle and fade into a small black room with a console by the door. It turns out the citizens of Deep Space Nine weren't on the real Promenade, just in the holosuite. And ZONEACE had just prematurely ended the program.

Jebus,
Vic Fontaine, Popular Hologram
, was sliced and diced during Day 1.

Everyone leaves the holosuite, returning to the real-life Promenade. Slowly, discussion resumes, as the group resolve to find the true perpetrators of the Dominion conspiracy before the day is out.

Day 1 resumes. Vote Count reset.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Timeater »

lol.
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:37 am

Post by Timeater »

Ok.

Well, at least we know Jebus and Zone are town. And now that two lesser roles are claimed out of the way, I think its safe to assume that anyone else trying to claim a minor recurring role should be scrutinized greatly.

So, looking back, thinking about it, I'm gonna go back to who I originally thought was scummy before anyone else, CallMeLiam. He said a few undermining things that really alerted my scumdar big time.
Liam wrote:I picked up the breadcrumb in that very first post of yours, and while I think it's a bit early to be claiming characters it's entirely possible that a Klingon could be pro or anti- town in this game. Not everyone who seems to be Klingon will necessarily be so, as I'm sure Martok can attest.

Here he is, trying to claim that Martok and Worf might not be town aligned, which is quite preposterous. And if he was a fan of the show, which he claimed, he would know that. Very scummy.
Liam wrote:I am, yes. The point is that when our villains are shapeshifters it's entirely possible that any of the cast can be scum
Now he's trying to drill home the changeling-paranoia factor, which would completely undermine town attempts and discerning claims, and would just make things very difficult if we're always assuming anyone could be a shapeshifter at any time. Personally, I think if there are shapeshifters, it'll be a nightaction, not some automatic role assumption before the game starts. Paranoia and confusion - thats what he's trying to instill in us, being the first to mention it and claiming several times he will not be taking roleclaims into consideration.
Liam wrote:Jebus, my vote was random but you're not doing anything that makes me want to remove it. It's way way too early to be talking about claims (Tim, this applies to you too) especially when (as previously mentioned) any character could be on either side. Hell, even Rom could be with the Dominion.
Even Rom could be with the Dominion? Are you kidding? Why would a shapeshifter impersonate ROM? Puh-lease. Here he is again, d1, trying to drill home more confusion tactics by saying that anyone could be with the dominion.
Liam wrote: To be honest I'd have no problem with D1 mass CC just to get it out of the way. Since I can't think of a DS9 character without a logical power role I also believe it wouldn't be too harmful for the town.
Here he is suggesting a d1 massclaim. Did anyone else notice this at the time? I think a d1 massclaim would be extremely foolish for the town. I cant believe I let that slide at the time. I think Light-kun noticed it too. Also, not a fan of metagaming.

So, that is why I'm going to

Vote: Liam
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:38 am

Post by sekinj »

haha, that was really cool.

So... I guess they both claimed accurately, and given the nature of Zone's power I can understand why it's not a big deal for him to have claimed early. He does in fact, have to claim in order to use his power (or if he didn't necessarily claim, it would just be revealed anyway when he used his power).

I guess frelaras looks pretty dumb right now...
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Light-kun
Light-kun
Goon
Light-kun
Goon
Goon

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by Light-kun »

Yes, Frelaras should be a bit embarrassed for not unvoting the klingon, and he made some rather strange comments... But, he did make one good point:

Mortak is a minor character and in this game he has a day kill that obviously work. I guess this makes him 100% cleared?

Liam huh? I don't see much of a case on him yet... maybe something seems suspicious, but he could have genuine speculation. On the flip side, his post about a d1 mass claim was super scummy. In fact, if we lynched him (and he flipped scum), I would assume that scum had been given safe claims... If he flipped town however, we wouldn't gain much information...
Show
Town: 2-3-0
Mafia: 1-0-0
Neu~: 0-0-0
-neu: 0-1-0
"To give a PM in an open game that isn't shown is bastard modding. [...] LK wouldn't do that." ~KMD4390
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by Timeater »

Soooo, any comments? You would think people would be in an uproar after the day-vig...
watch for the eggshells
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Timeater »

ninja'd
watch for the eggshells
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

My main problem lies with pie. He has spent the entire game trying to manufacture suspicion aabout my "you have dishonored your family" without much substance to his attempts. He's just been repeating "thats scummy" but never saying why.
sekinj
sekinj
Mafia Scum
sekinj
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:26 pm

Post by sekinj »

I tried to explain to pie that that was just a klingon saying, but he didn't pay attention.
Show
-sekinj

To Do:
├óÔé¼┬ó Pack
├óÔé¼┬ó Move
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:30 pm

Post by Timeater »

td, nudude, mana, and ozy - I dont feel like these people are playing. All we've seen from them is a few meager posts, and I feel they should start contributing more or start facing lurker suspicion.

Is there a way to get a total thread postcount per member on these forums?
watch for the eggshells
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

down at the bottom, theres the drop down, you can isolate posts by member and thencheck there
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:34 pm

Post by Timeater »

I guess that works...

So yeah, when the mod has more posts than you, something is wrong...
watch for the eggshells
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:07 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

ok, its time to pressure, through votes, manu_ku and td

unvote vote td
id suggest we all pick one of these two and vote them cause their participation sucks (there are others who need to participate more but those two need the threat of death).
frelaras
frelaras
Townie
frelaras
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:11 pm

Post by frelaras »

Meh, where I come from the onus is on the person claiming a power role. You gotta see these things through. Also I'm assuming you guys have never seen any convincing gambits if you don't think some shenanigans were possible. We're fighting changelings after all! The mod's scene seems very convincing and much more likely than a scum scribe or some such craziness.

unvote
Timeater
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Timeater
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:54 pm

Post by Timeater »

okay, lets pressure the non-posters (still think liam is scummy tho' -.-)

unvote
Vote: td
watch for the eggshells
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:42 pm

Post by CallMeLiam »

Oh. I'm busy as hell at the moment but I'll try and post my thoughts on this later.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”