Mafia Scum
Jake The Wolfie
he/they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:27 am

Post by Jake The Wolfie »

In post 547, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Could Uncrowned be deepwolfing to get their partner on the bench of trust fallees?
After reconsideration, this question implies that the town is doing an awful job.
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:27 am

Post by Necessary Sneasel »

In post 542, Uncrowned wrote:
In post 534, Necessary Sneasel wrote:ideally I'll be around after trust 1 to talk more about this
ooo yet you have me trusted atm?
choosing me would be the COWARD's path but you are welcome to choose me if you really must, I won't be rescinding the trust
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:31 am

In post 550, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 547, Jake The Wolfie wrote:Could Uncrowned be deepwolfing to get their partner on the bench of trust fallees?
After reconsideration, this question implies that the town is doing an awful job.
in theory sure

in practice this is really damn hard because as soon as one of you leaves, there are associatives and the deepwolf is probably going to look bad even if they were soft confirmed by not leaving

uncrowned doesn't smell like the kind of player with a wide enough scumrange to intentionally choose hardmode and try to actually sell overpowering the town as a towny error coming from a member of the town. few do and it's an intentionally exhausting strategy
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:32 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 551, Necessary Sneasel wrote:choosing me would be the COWARD's path but you are welcome to choose me if you really must, I won't be rescinding the trust
well no i'm saying you're posing this whole "oh yeah guys i definitely wanna be around later you know because im a town boi doing town things" but you're trusting me

it's not actually a big deal i guess

OR IS IT?!
Uncrowned
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Uncrowned
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:32 am

Post by Uncrowned »

In post 552, Necessary Sneasel wrote:uncrowned doesn't smell like the kind of player with a wide enough scumrange to intentionally choose hardmode
i feel like i should feel slighted by this
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:32 am

it's a huge deal, I'm the deepwolf *dramatic hand gestures*
Necessary Sneasel
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Necessary Sneasel
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:35 am

tbh i didn't think twice about it and I think didn't think twice about it because you are universally townread but I don't think anyone is really talking about us leaving together? i trusted you to get the alignment result, not because i want us to leave together necessarily
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:39 am

Post by Equinox »

Trust Count 1.17Uncrowned (2) - Necessary Sneasel, Hectic

Not Trusting (8) - Akarin, Fidget, Jake The Wolfie, Rainbow Reads, Gloria Cleary, shellyc, Uncrowned, PookyTheMagicalBear

The deadline is Sunday, December 6, 2020, at 7:30 PM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2020-12-06 19:30:00).
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:13 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 511, shellyc wrote:what makes you think that two lurker/quiet scum are implausible?
In post 512, Gloria Cleary wrote:Why not? Everyone else seems townier.
Because the two least-towny townies and the two scum can be left at the end and town will win. Scum really don't want to both be in the bottom 4.

I can
easily
imagine one of them being scum, but I think on a Pooky-Jake, Pooky-Rainbow, or Rainbow-Jake scumteam, at least
one
of them would try to play up the towniness to the best of their abilities. I
absolutely
buy that Pooky could play this way as scum, but if scum is Pooky-Rainbow? Wouldn't Pooky try to actually act more town in that pairing?

And if it's Rainbow-Jake, well a) that's a reason to want to pair them up, but b) Jake wouldn't try harder than this? And quickly glancing at a few other games, it seems like sometimes Rainbow does give more content than just the readslists.

The thing about Jake is wanting to pair with Pooky. That gives me some serious hesitation because maybe that's Jake trying to actually get out of the game with Town!Pooky banking on Pooky making a whimsical choice like that.

So I guess now I want Rainbow to be my new step-rainbow.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:21 am

Post by Akarin »

So I'm thinking that if Gloria isn't scum with Pooky (which I don't entirely want to rule out) then she's very likely town.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:28 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 543, Necessary Sneasel wrote:she posted elsewhere onsite between the post before the one that struck me as guilty & her post before it so I kinda assumed she wasn't literally inactive the whole time

I'm still surprised she didn't feel compelled to engage with anything else
I literally had not read the intervening posts.

I had a limited amount of time and prioritized a game with an impending deadline. Not sure if it's the one I can talk about yet or not.
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 5:30 am

Post by Akarin »

In post 550, Jake The Wolfie wrote:After reconsideration, this question implies that the town is doing an awful job.
Yeah, I feel like I want Jake to go to endgame at this point.

Disregard my RR-Jake plan.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:19 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 508, Akarin wrote:Fidget, did you still have questions about my Rainbow-Jake thought or did that pretty much answer itself as the day went on.

I'm less hot on that right now by the way, but I was kind of hoping Jake or Rainbow would actually react to it more. Or other people.

I don't really think all the scum can be in people making a point of not trying though.
I thought you might've been reaction testing with this to see if anyone was really vocally unopposed. There's the scenario where they're both town and scum really needs to stop that from happening, since they're both PoE range. Fidget was voacally opposed, but I feel her thoughts behind it were genuine.

I also just like that latest string of Fidget posting.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:22 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 509, Akarin wrote:Like I get where y'all are coming from, but I just do not buy that a scumteam with 2 of Jake/Rainbow/Pooky decide to approach the game like this.
Rainbow always plays like this, it's hard to get a read there

She placed Gloria and Fidget lower once they started having doubts on rainbows, but it's hard to tell if it's towny OMGUS or I mean, what purpose does it even serve if it's scum-motivated OMGUS, it's not like they're trying to push the reads. I think I'm like nulltown there
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:23 am

Post by Hectic »

Fidget! This is the lowest you've placed me in one of your readslists for a long while. You don't feel my towny no-filter resonate through?

shelly, why'd you give up on trying to read me and just wanting to use associates instead? What changed?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:29 am

Post by Hectic »

Gloria is doing her entitled "I can't believe you don't see how obvtown I am" thing, and uh, there's other meta which makes me inclined to think she's town.

The wholesome thing wasn't an alignment read btw, Gloria. Those were just personality reads.
In post 524, shellyc wrote:hm.

i have the impression that town!pooky is more abrasive/spontaneous while scum!pooky loves to buddy/present himself as likeable and I think the latter is happening rn
I actually have the opposite impression of Pooky. I'm leantown on him because of the way he was trying to buddy up to me in the early game. I think in general, town!Pooky finds it easier to show his "soul" and try to convince people he's town just by how much he's enjoying himself, and power of friendship alone in a way. As scum, he resorts to it less, don't know why, maybe because he feels worse about it, or it's less fun for him. But generally he's more aggressive and ends up pushing miselims more than this kind of fluff.

This is just a tends to sort of thing though, it's nothing to townlock him for, and content-wise I don't have much to townread him for.
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:34 am

Post by Hectic »

In post 547, Jake The Wolfie wrote:I think this has already been stated, but I just wanted to throw it out there that UC is probably (though not confirmed) town.

However, I'm pretty sure the next thought I had hasn't been said yet:
Could Uncrowned be deepwolfing to get their partner on the bench of trust fallees?
Hmm, don't like that you felt the need to reiterate that, while acknowledging that you think it's already been stated. Could you answer the question in ?
Hectic
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Hectic
Mad Hatter
Mad Hatter

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:37 am

Post by Hectic »

Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:29 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 536, Necessary Sneasel wrote:
In post 473, Fidget wrote:Maybe. Playing the odds, sure, random nulls have a 4/5 chance of being town. There's only a 65% chance that both true nulls will both flip town, though, if I understand math.
odds shift down if we assume uncrowned is cleared
odds shift down again if we have consensus townreads

it's a good strategy in a weak plist where nobody towntells (so communal reads are closer to rand) but I'm not really sold on it unless people actually think Jake & rainbow both have a somewhere above rand chance of being town. vague "they feel like those lategame VT flips" isn't really doing it for me, we need to get grittier.
Yes, that makes me even more uncomfortable with the idea.
In post 544, Necessary Sneasel wrote: could you dissect those hectic & shelly reads for me?
Generally agree with all of Hectic's reads. I suppose I'm a tad paranoid due to next actually playing with scum!Hectic before.

Shelly is playing a lot more subdued than I'm used to. Maybe it's town-indicative actually. Hectic scumread early was sort of odd and forced. Recent posting has been better.

I do hope there's 1 scum in Rainbow/Jake.. If there is, and we don't pair either of those two, we cannot lose.

If there isn't scum at the bottom, then all scum has to do is nod their heads to us not pairing Rainbow/Jake, and they win. Which is what is occuring if they're T-T, I don't think a single player is really against it. Akarin did try to pair them, I suppose.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:32 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 529, Fidget wrote:Are there three of us? You need to pair off three daughters correctly. And assuming you aren't dating one of us, that means you need to call 6/7 of the other townies correctly for this plan to work. Are you not concerned about that?
Gloria has run away from home and is unlikely to listen to me.

I would never date one of my daughters fidget, that is incest and it pains me you would even think of such a thing.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Akarin
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Akarin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:33 am

Post by Akarin »

Aww, I was just thinking that Gloria would be a good step-mom.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:35 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 569, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 529, Fidget wrote:Are there three of us? You need to pair off three daughters correctly. And assuming you aren't dating one of us, that means you need to call 6/7 of the other townies correctly for this plan to work. Are you not concerned about that?
Gloria has run away from home and is unlikely to listen to me.

I would never date one of my daughters fidget, that is incest and it pains me you would even think of such a thing.
I dunno, it could be a wholesome father-daughter date night type of deal.
Fidget
Fidget
Goon
Fidget
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:37 am

Post by Fidget »

In post 550, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
You have an opinion on any other players Jake?

So much flirting between Uncrowned and Sneasel without anything happening. Come on already!
In post 565, Hectic wrote:Gloria is doing her entitled "I can't believe you don't see how obvtown I am" thing, and uh, there's other meta which makes me inclined to think she's town.
Can confirm this is what I was waiting for Gloria to do. And there it was. Like clockwork.

Gloria has to be aware everyone reads her that way by now..?

Your other meta makes me less concerned, though.
Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:26 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

Gloria Cleary
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Gloria Cleary
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Dec 02, 2020 8:29 am

Post by Gloria Cleary »

In post 570, Akarin wrote:Aww, I was just thinking that Gloria would be a good step-mom.
:lol:

I promise to keep Pooky inline with those online suitor checks. He’s too controlling and overprotective. :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”