Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:26 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I meant nonny anyway. =P
suuuuure

Vote Count:
ThAdmiral - 4 (Incognito, forbiddanlight, Lord Gurgi, Farie Lord)
Farside - 1 - (Falcone)
Lord Gurgi - 1 (Farside22)

With 10 Alive, 6 to lynch!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:38 am

Post by farside22 »

I have to be quick on this and I'm not done yet. Sorry some RL issues came up and tomorrow I am going to be out all day. Here is something I have so far.

First ThAdmiral:
And all I can remember you saying yesterday is that you thought farside was scummy. No case, just that.
If you had posted what you did today then that would have been different, but you didn't.
Even after it was explained. Admiral backpeddled and stated that Falcone didn't push hard enough. I disagree. Even I have gotten fustrated when I feel people aren't listening and I will point out others I feel are just as scummy. After all most games have more then one scum it it

As far as I can tell the only case you're pushing on me is that I don't throw votes around day one.
This is also false. Incog pointed out that you hadn't scum hunted or really pointed to anyone. When it was pointed out you stated that you were suspcious of DBE. (more on this in a minute.)

Forbidden stated:
To be honest, I'm fine with either myself. But just...you can't let what ThAdmiral just did go by. That was ridiculously scummy.
What about your suspicions on FL did that just drop out of no where. Why only push on myself and ThAdmiral if you feel FL is scummy too?

ThAdmiral states:
Furthermore it seems incognito is suggesting that every single post that one makes in a mafia game must either attack someone or defend them, and if it doesn't do either it is scummy!
Talk about crap. That wasn't what I read at all in Incog's post. He stated you hadn't done scum hunting. Which means the equivalant of just posting to post with nothing really said.
Wait a second - didn't you say you were suspicious of me when I wasn't scumhunting? And now you're suspicious when I am?
I read the quote and that wasn't really scum hunting that was well I think DBE is scum and Falcone is a wishy-washy comment.
Incognito states that it is suspicious that I list darla without having mentioned her before. 2 things: I have to mention her first somewhere, and do you think it might be possible that I was thinking things about certain people that I didn't immediately write down in the game?
Yes because we are mind readers don't you know. We should guess that this out of the blue suspicion on DBE has nothing at all to do with the BW on her. :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

What about your suspicions on FL did that just drop out of no where. Why only push on myself and ThAdmiral if you feel FL is scummy too?
Ummmm...when did I EVER suspect FL? I've only suspected you, DBE, and ThAdmiral really :S...
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 am

Post by nonny »

I am working on a catch uip post, but school just started today so i'll get it done today or tomorrow. Sorry for slacking.
*insert bad joke here*
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Incognito »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Ummmm...when did I EVER suspect FL? I've only suspected you, DBE, and ThAdmiral really :S...
Pinkies of suspicion are deadly.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Incognito wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

Pinkies of suspicion are deadly.
Oh yeah, I did do that. Well, it doesn't really matter now. We have some pretty big suspects. I might relook at it pending flips.
-StrangerCoug

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:54 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Alright this is getting ridiculous. I could readdress all the points brought up by people but that would just lead to even larger post pyramids. Anyway, I fear forbiddanlight is a lost cause now, and incognito... well I understand that if he changes targets it will probably look more suspicious than staying where he is.

I think more importantly than anything else about the case is that when you actually consider what has been said you realize two things:

1. The main argument that I was wishy-wishy/didn't vote/didn't take a stance (aside from the fact that it isn't true) is a problematic argument.

Firstly it is an assumption. All arguments based on assumptions will ultimately end up as big piles of he said-she said, "yes you did"-"no I didn't" mess. Incognito says I was maliciously setting myself up to have multiple targets depending on where the wind blew, I say (know) that I wasn't.
Secondly it is simply a weak reason to be suspicious of someone. It is an attack of a play style if nothing else. Even though incognito didn't literally say that one needs to be scumhunting at all times (this is to farside) he
is
suggesting that there is only one right way to play the game.

2. There is no actual evidence to back it up.

Even though incognito is convinced I had been wishy-washy so that I could then prey on whichever target was under the spotlight, this has never actually happened. As far as I can tell I chose one main target yesterday and a few other minor ones (all the lurkers and falcone to a small degree) and stuck with it.
And while Incognito said there hasn't been much opportunity to do this as most of the people haven't come under the spotlight, this too is incorrect. Firstly even if this were true it doesn't prove or disprove anything, meaning it is a null tell. Secondly some of those people
have
come under the spotlight! In particular farside, who, instead of attacking when she became a viable target, I actually DEFENDED!

The worst thing about the whole situation is the absolute hypocrisy involved. If anyone is giving themselves multiple options depending on which way the wind blows it is Incognito himself! In fact he proudly states: "I have absolutely no problem with the farside22-wagon and that I would have no problem joining it if the majority decided that she should be the lynch".

@ Incognito: Weighing it all up I have to ask: why do you think that I would need to set up these wishy-washy options for myself in the first place? Do you feel that I would be incapable of attacking someone if I hadn't vaguely mentioned them before? Furthermore if I did want to set up multiple options for myself, wouldn't a more effective way to achieve that be to actually attack multiple people, rather than not?

All in all the case is bollocks. I hope some of the people who haven't weighed in on it yet actually have a brain.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

So. Brief summary, ThAdmiral tries to defend himself by making Incognito bad rather than defending against the points, excluding one instance which was weak. Incognito gets owned by ForbiddanLight.

I'm going to go get a noose.

Incognito: All the best women are lesbians. :(
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:39 pm

Post by nonny »

That's not true: look at rosie o'donnel.

Still looking things over, as i said i'm suddenly busy. Will get full post tonight or tomorrow still.

Also note: don't like how LG is just ageeing with everyone and seemingly joking around. Hasn't posted any meat for himself only agreed so far from what i see.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I can't match these huge posts, not at my current busy level. But the first sentence was fully serious. The problem with his defense it is about 60% deflection, 20% straw man, 15% actual defense, and 5% total garbage.

To all those not currently voting ThAdmiral: Why?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:10 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

ThAdmiral wrote: I wonder if any of you actually read incognito's post or just saw that it was long and assumed it was correct.
Yeah, we have fetishes for long posts. Sorry about that
ThAdmiral wrote:Did I ever actually do either of those things?
No, because you did nothing
ThAdmiral wrote:Furthermore it seems incognito is suggesting that every single post that one makes in a mafia game must either attack someone or defend them, and if it doesn't do either it is scummy!
Show me where he said this
ThAdmiral wrote: but everything I don't do is scummy as well.
Pretty much. (PS: Stop overreacting)
ThAdmiral wrote:Wait a second - didn't you say you were suspicious of me when I wasn't scumhunting? And now you're suspicious when I am?
And you're saying we're not reading the posts?
ThAdmiral wrote:and do you think it might be possible that I was thinking things about certain people that I didn't immediately write down in the game?
Should we care about what you think outside the game?
ThAdmiral wrote:as well as others that you actually included earlier on in your own post in which I express my suspicion of darla.
Bottom line is you never said why
ThAdmiral wrote:I don't really know what incognito is trying to do here. Perhaps she doesn't either, and just decided to question yet another innocuous post to flesh her case out a little bit more.
Saying you have suspicions != having suspicions
ThAdmiral wrote: I wonder what would happen if the farside wagon took off again...
Really? Me too!

Pre post edit: Ok, forbiddan light owned me to the ripping, but I'm still going to post my version
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:07 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ lord gurgi: you know what, you're right.

Not about everything but about the deflection thing. I was doing a bit of that and I regret it. Mainly because (and it frustrates me a lot to say this) I think incognito is probably town. He replaced spacecase, who claimed mason and was backed up by falcone, and it would be basically suicidal for scum to claim mason especially when there was really no need.

I still think he's an idiot.

It's funny because the three people that I disagree with most are the ones I feel are most likely town. Maybe you are all right and I shouldn't be trusting the claims, but sadly I do.

I know what you are going to say - here I am being wishy-washy again. Whatever.
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:45 am

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

Back...reading. Getting up to speed might take a while.
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by Incognito »

ThAdmiral wrote:@ Incognito: Weighing it all up I have to ask: why do you think that I would need to set up these wishy-washy options for myself in the first place? Do you feel that I would be incapable of attacking someone if I hadn't vaguely mentioned them before?
I don't know. This is the first game I've ever encountered you so technically I'd have no way of knowing what you're capable and incapable of doing. I'll have to make it a point either tomorrow or the day after to have a look at some of your previous games to see what your play is like as town and as scum. All I'm saying is is that your current pattern of play seems more consistent with the play of someone who I'd expect to be pro-scum as opposed to pro-town. That's my main argument.
ThAdmiral wrote:Furthermore if I did want to set up multiple options for myself, wouldn't a more effective way to achieve that be to actually attack multiple people, rather than not?
No, and I've demonstrated why. If you are scum, you basically leave the door ajar to allow yourself room to wiggle away if the popular opinion begins to sway away from believing a person is scum. Effectively you keep your hands clean and actually never really dirty them at the same time. A win-win situation for scum.

ThAdmiral, I still would like to get to know who you think is scum. You've mentioned that you disagree with the people whom you think are town but you have in no way mentioned who you're suspicious of. Please get on that.

Mod:
I don't wanna be a pain but is there any way you can include a "Not Voting" section in your vote counts? I have to keep referencing the first page to figure out who's in this game.

Oh and cool. I just realized we have more time until deadline than I thought. Good news. =)
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:58 pm

Post by Incognito »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Incognito: All the best women are lesbians. :(
Hm. Was Denise Richards a lesbian?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:07 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Incognito wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:@ Incognito: Weighing it all up I have to ask: why do you think that I would need to set up these wishy-washy options for myself in the first place? Do you feel that I would be incapable of attacking someone if I hadn't vaguely mentioned them before?
I don't know. This is the first game I've ever encountered you so technically I'd have no way of knowing what you're capable and incapable of doing. I'll have to make it a point either tomorrow or the day after to have a look at some of your previous games to see what your play is like as town and as scum. All I'm saying is is that your current pattern of play seems more consistent with the play of someone who I'd expect to be pro-scum as opposed to pro-town. That's my main argument.
This seems an awful lot like bringing in meta for a guy that hates meta.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:10 pm

Post by Incognito »

Who hates meta?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:37 pm

Post by nonny »

Okay didn't have as much time as I thought for a big re-read with my car breaking. So I will breifly summerize that while I agree with the wagon on thadmiral(i posted some stuff against him last game day) I am more concerned about how quickly the wagon picked up momentum.

Will explain futher if needed.
*insert bad joke here*
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:47 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Incognito wrote:All I'm saying is is that your current pattern of play seems more consistent with the play of someone who I'd expect to be pro-scum as opposed to pro-town. That's my main argument.
I'd say at worst it is the type of play expected of someone who is just trying to survive by playing it safe. Is that scummy? Yes if they're scum, no if they're town.

Note I don't think I am just trying to stay alive, I'm just saying that this style of play could at worst be interpreted as that.
Incognito wrote:If you are scum, you basically leave the door ajar to allow yourself room to wiggle away if the popular opinion begins to sway away from believing a person is scum. Effectively you keep your hands clean and actually never really dirty them at the same time. A win-win situation for scum.
I really think this argument loses out on two points: a) I've never been seen to sway based on popular opinion in this game, and have often gone against it, and b) I just don't think that scum would feel the need to do this. They could always just lurk if they wanted to remain out of the spotlight.
Incognito wrote:ThAdmiral, I still would like to get to know who you think is scum. You've mentioned that you disagree with the people whom you think are town but you have in no way mentioned who you're suspicious of. Please get on that.
You're right. And to be honest (and I think this is due to both the scum playing very well and me not playing very well) I don't really have any strong suspicions. Recently I've been too caught up in defending myself to really look at others.

However if pressured to name names:
Faerielord - for the sniping comments at me and vote when public opinion had turned against me. Seemed opportunistic.
Nonny - not saying much, but pops in to say that she agrees with the wagon on me (and thought that I was scummy yesterday as well).

The strongest actual case is the one of farside and I don't agree with it.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:50 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Incognito wrote:Who hates meta?
ThAdmiral. I quoted yours because the response was part of the point I was trying to make.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:13 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I don't hate meta, I just think it is overrated as a way to determine whether someone is scum or not, and I don't like to use it.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:58 am

Post by Falcone »

Checking in from my holiday, not a lot of time to post.

I certainly don't have time to properly analyze all the ridiculously lengthy posts in the last couple of pages, but after reading them over, I would be happy to vote for ThAdmiral, also because he doesn't seem to have responded to the question I asked him in my previous post (about his vote for Darla on Day 1).

So, ThAdmiral, please do that, and while you're at it, claim please, since you're virtually at Lynch -1.
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:31 am

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

Incognito wrote:Still reading. Question: Vivian, who's alt (if any) are you?
Charles II, last king of Zembla (You don't really expect me to come out with it directly after all the hints I've dropped, do you?)

This is as far as I've gotten in the thread btw (so I apologize if anything I say is outdated). Falcone's case on Farside is fairly solid but also fairly old. There doesn't seem to be anything from the end of D1 (though there's almost certainly material to work with) Why the sojurn to DBE before turning back to Farside today?

On the other hand, if Farside is scum, Admiral's ridiculously blatant defense of her should be underlined in red ink.

More later.
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:38 am

Post by Incognito »

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Incognito wrote:Still reading. Question: Vivian, who's alt (if any) are you?
Charles II, last king of Zembla (You don't really expect me to come out with it directly after all the hints I've dropped, do you?) .
NabakovNabakov, I presume?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:39 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ falcone: that "question" looks like rhetoric to me. But I'll answer it anyway: yes. Of course I do. I voted early and kept my vote on and was definitely one of the main pushers of the darla lynch, which turned out to be incorrect.

And I'll claim when I want, role-nazi.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”