Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:30 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

The "push with certainty" especailly is bothersome, how can you be certain?
I'm not. What I meant by that is that's my style. When I'm supporting a lynch, I push it hard because I want people to see things my way. I can't stand to be weak on the stance, or else the momentum goes away, so when I go for a lynch, I push hard.
You say you list is the same as yesterday, meaning niether or the deaths have change anything in the game?
DBE being townie actually made me feel better about farside being scum slightly. Not much, but enough. Mirth's death didn't really have any ties to my case.
You have no desire to read through with the known ailgnments of two players and see any intereations or anything. It just feels/sounds odd to me.
I could, although I felt Mirth was town anyway through my original read. Of course I didn't know it and looked for anything that could be pinned on her (like I did for everyone), but I didn't find much, if anything. The interactions didn't really affect much for me.

Vote Count:
Farside - 3 - (Falcone, forbiddanlight, Lord Gurgi)

With 10 Alive, 6 to lynch!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:53 am

Post by nonny »

OKay that is an acceptable post. It's not your actions that are bugging me just your playstyle I guess. I'll move on from it for now.
*insert bad joke here*
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Falcone »

I’m … dissatisfied ... with the people who seem to think that I’m voting farside22 without a proper case on her (Maryita, ThAdmiral, also nonny to a certain extent).

I had a pretty lengthy discussion with her on Day 1, from page 5 to page 8. This discussion originated from her #81, in which she misrepresented DarlaBlueEyes (a dead townie). In her #80, Darla had expressed the opinion that Lord Gurgi (who claimed miller) would be a good Day 1 lynch, unless someone else was more scummy, since his claim leads to all kinds of WIFOM and in case he was a townie, we would only lose a miller (which is a worse-than-vanilla role).

For starters, I was, and still am, of the opinion that this post by Darla was perfectly reasonable and that she shouldn’t have been attacked for it.

However, in #81, farside22 made it seem like Darla had suggested lynching Lord Gurgi without discussing scummy actions by others, and voted for Darla. In the same post, farside22 said Darla should have done three things with regards to Lord Gurgi’s claim, (1) giving her opinion on the best course of action of you’re a miller, (2) saying whether she believed the claim or not and (3) pointing out scummy actions by others.

After I pointed out this misrepresentation, farside22 (#110) “rephrased” her reason for voting Darla to “making a useless, non-constructive post”, which is clearly something rather different than her first reason.

After I pointed
that
out, farside22 (#113) said she attacked Darla for not explicitly saying she didn’t want Lord Gurgi to be lynched immediately, which is another misrepresentation, because Darla made it perfectly clear she didn’t want to lynch Lord Gurgi immediately by adding “unless someone comes round even more scummy”. In the same post, farside22 also said that she voted Darla for not doing the three things she listed in #81.

I then pointed out that, at the time farside22 first attacked her, Darla had already done two of the three things farside22 wanted her to do. Darla gave an answer to farside22’s first question in #63 en #67 and to her second question in #43. I concluded that farside22’s newly stated reason for voting Darla was not valid (#117).

Then in #118 farside22 went “But Darla still didn’t do my (3)!”, implicitly admitting that her last given reason wasn’t valid, while maintaining that she wasn’t backtracking. She then went so far as to give a
fourth
reason for voting Darla, i.e. that Darla was being “defeatist”.

In my next few posts, I restated my case against farside22 a couple of times, trying to get others to vote for her, or at least give their opinion about it. I wasn’t successful at doing this, because the rest of the town seemed more interested in lurker hunting. Then Spacecase started acting scummy and I unvoted farside22 to vote for Spacecase. I specifically stated that I wasn’t satisfied by her responses, but that I thought it was futile trying to get a lynch on her on my own (#178).

Everyone who doesn’t see there is a case against farside22 is either not paying attention or trying to play down an attack on a scumbuddy.

Now, something that didn’t really occur to me until now, after Lord Gurgi and nonny had their little discussion on the last two pages, is that Lord Gurgi also voted farside22 yesterday, but for entirely different reasons, or rather, with no reasoning at all. In fact, Lord Gurgi’s first vote was for farside22 and was random/joking (#36 – note that while Lord Gurgi “unvoted” me, he never actually voted me in the first place).

Lord Gurgi then maintained his vote for farside22 all through my attack on her, without once commenting on that attack. This is very suspicious. It’s like Lord Gurgi random/joke voted his scumbuddy in order to make a kind of “negative connection”, and then didn’t want to take off the vote during my attack for fear of appearing to defend her, but at the same time didn’t want to encourage the bandwagon by commenting on my case. Lord Gurgi later even said that he didn’t want to push the bandwagon against farside22! (#268).

Reviewing Lord Gurgi’s posts on Day 2, he starts out with a second vote on farside22, referring to his “reasoning” on Day 1. The problem with this post is, of course, that there was no reasoning for Lord Gurgi’s vote on Day 1.

Then in #454 he suddenly does make a case against farside22, which is based upon (1) farside22’s lukewarm reaction to his claim, (2) supposed strawmanning by farside22 with regards to the metagame arguments Lord Gurgi was making against her, and (3) farside22’s LoS, which had Lord Gurgi in second place.

I think all of these reasons are unconvincing at best. Farside22’s reaction to the claim was pretty reasonable I think. Lord Gurgi’s metagame argument against farside22 boiled down to “I usually feel she’s town, but now I feel she’s scum”, which is, frankly, a stupid argument. I don't really see how farside22 is strawmanning there. (3) is just OMGUS.

And
still
Lord Gurgi doesn’t comment on my case against farside22...

All this, coupled with his claim and a few other scummy actions (as pointed out by forbiddanlight in her long posts and myself in #397), make me think Lord Gurgi might be bussing a scumbuddy...
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:25 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

In retrospect my case regarding Farside is horrible in comparison with Falcone's or just about anyone's for that matter. I agree with practically all of his case.

Concerning my reasoning, point #3 was not OMGUS, she put me on her LoS not because I was being scummy but because I suspected her and wasn't giving much to support it, and so she did the same and put me on her list with basically OMGUS reasoning.

I am not sure how this will be viewed but I would
implore
any and all pro-town roles to kill me, as that would be better than wasting a lynch on me.

ForbiddanLight wrote:I could, although I felt Mirth was town anyway through my original read. Of course I didn't know it and looked for anything that could be pinned on her (like I did for everyone), but I didn't find much, if anything. The interactions didn't really affect much for me.
This sounds totally wrong, it seems like a subtle way to clear herself of the Mirth kill.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

This sounds totally wrong, it seems like a subtle way to clear herself of the Mirth kill.
Is it now? Nyeh, not really. I'm just saying it like it is.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:40 am

Post by nonny »

See falcone's case does make sense when layed out like that. Still want to hear from the rest of the town, though.

Falcone I knew your case on farside wasn't new, it was LG that was bothersome in that aspect.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:43 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Why no comments on my request to be night killed?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:47 am

Post by farside22 »

@LG: I kept questioning your reason's for your suspcion. I didn't put you on my list till you flip flopped which I quoted where you flipped and then flopped back without giving a reason at any time.

Now I will admit to being one of those people who hate post numbers. Does anyone actually look at those post number to see what the hub bub is all about. So I bring you quote for quote the discussion between Falcone and I.

My orginal quote on DBE:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:
Question:
With all the WIFOM on LG, It would seem somewhat logical that unless someone comes round even more scummy, that he would be the safest lynch for D1.

If he is lying, we hit scum, if not, he is only a miller, not a PR.

thoughts?

So you are saying lets not talk about who is scummy and lynch LG because of the miller claim?
unvote:
vote: DBE

The point of this is to figure out (1) what is best if you had the role (2) if we believe the role and why (3) discuss further and see if anyone is scummy. Wait why do I need to explain this is common knoweledge.
Then Falcone FOS's me which I asked him why it warrants and FOS:

Falcone states:
The first sentence of that post is a blatant misrepresentation of Darla's post. She didn't suggest quicklynching Lord Gurgi or stopping discussion at all. I even think her stance on Lord Gurgi is more reasonable than that of the people who want to treat him as a confirmed townie.
I see my quote up there and it is a rhetorical question but it is still a question only and I don't see it as a misrep. I questioned her motives based on her comment.
I replied back to Falcon:
Did you see anything in DBE's post that lead in any constructive matter what-so ever? Did she say anything useful or point anyone scummy in the post? Those are my issue's with what she said.
Falcone stated:

It's true that Darla's post wasn't the most useful post imaginable at that point in the game, but I happen to agree with what she said.

My issue with your post is that you misrepresented what Darla said and voted her for it, starting a bandwagon on her. You made it seem like Darla was looking for an easy lynch of the claimed miller (Lord Gurgi), while that was clearly not what she was trying to do.

It's intresting that you now seem to backtrack and claim that you voted Darla just for making a useless post.

Since I'm happy overall with how Mirth has reacted to my accusations:

Unvote: Mirth
Vote: farside22
If he knew what DBE intetions were then what were they with what she said then?
I stated:

This is what I said. I questioned her further and voted her for not doing any of the 3 things that should be done in regards to LG's comments. Instead she is stating that LG should be lynched? Does she say when? Does she add anything. No that is my point in this post and I think you are missing everything I said. I did not back track my comments. My second post states things that should have been going on instead of her comment. I think you are reaching.
Falcone:

Farside22, the point is Darla already answered your Q1 ("What's the best course of action if you're a miller?") in #63 en #67 and your Q2 ("Do we believe Lord Gurgi's role claim?") in #43. So there was no point in her answering those questions again when she made the post you voted her for. It's true that Darla didn't contribute much to the discussion about who is suspicious, but she didn't do what you're accusing her of doing, i.e. trying to discourage discussion and lynch Lord Gurgi instead of someone who's more suspicious. It's not because she didn't explicitly mention that we shouldn't Lord Gurgi right now, that you can assume she did want to do that. Furthermore, in my opinion it was clear from what she said that she did not want to lynch Lord Gurgi immediately, but only in the unlikely event that no better lynch candidate is found during D1.

Here he is right and I did admit later I forgot about that.
Falcone stated:

Short version: Farside22 voted for Darla while misrepresenting Darla's post #80, saying that Darla should have done three different things with regards to Lord Gurgi's claim, two of which Darla had already done at that point. The third thing Darla did not to but should have, according to farside22 was "look for scum". This is a very weak reason to attack Darla for, especially since farside22 only took a single post of Darla into consideration before deciding she "wasn't looking for scum".
I replied:

How is it weak to attack someone for not scum hunting and offering nothing but a point that if no one is scummy then we should lynch this other person? Really that is so helpful for her to offer someone to just vote out if no one looks scummy?
He never answered my last question here by the way. Now mind you maybe I should have expanded on the number of reason's why DBE's post was wrong, but I didn't feel a need at the time. I don't throw FOS"S around because I just think they are useless. If you like meta look at my games and you will see I don't FOS's very much. I vote. Voting is powerful it invokes more fear in a person then an FOS's could ever do.
Now that you have the conversation in a visual perspective that leaves people to interupt it as it actually is word for word.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:55 am

Post by nonny »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Why no comments on my request to be night killed?
I didn't see it, was with customers came back to finsh reading falcone's post and didn't refresh to no new posts were there.
lord gurgi wrote:Concerning my reasoning, point #3 was not OMGUS, she put me on her LoS not because I was being scummy but because I suspected her and wasn't giving much to support it, and so she did the same and put me on her list with basically OMGUS reasoning.
huh? that makes not a lick of sense. Reword please! Right now it reads as 1.) YOu are place on farside's LoS because "I was being scummy but because I suspected her and wasn't giving much to support it," 2.) She does the same thing as herself as an OMGUS and you are on her list.......0.o huh?

You request to be killed is flat out bad. If you are so sure farside is scum why would you rather be the lynch then her? Or are you trying to see if there is a vig or otherwise out there? Either way it's pointless, stupid, and bad play. Nor does it show you as being town which i think is what you intended it to appear as.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

1. I state I am suspicious of her.
2. She asks why.
3. I say I am not sure why.
4. She puts me on her LoS.
5. I say that's scummy.

I suppose it's double OMGUS in some ways.

What I am saying Nonny, is that my WIFOM is best resolved with a night kill. Not by wasting a lynch.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:1. I state I am suspicious of her.
2. She asks why.
3. I say I am not sure why.
4. She puts me on her LoS.
5. I say that's scummy.

I suppose it's double OMGUS in some ways.

What I am saying Nonny, is that my WIFOM is best resolved with a night kill. Not by wasting a lynch.
I already quoted where you flip flopped on your comments about me.
Quote:
Smiley = Joking. But Farside22's interest in my reasons is making me heavily doubt my suspicions. Unvote; FoS Farside22 I generally don't use FoS's as I think they are useless, but at the moment they really convey my feelings

Again I pushed for an awnser on why I was scum and this above was my answer.

Quote:
Yes it does Farside, my suspicion of you is that feeling that makes me think that you are scum, regardless of the lack of incriminating evidence. I'm not going to vote for someone if I do not think they have a chance of being lynched, and this is especially pertinent at deadline.

After you flipped I put you on my suspect list. I dont' think you are missing this, but I love the fact you keep ignoring it.

vote: LG
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:40 am

Post by nonny »

Which i see as somewhat a silly request still. And it still doesn't show in a good light in my eyes. Because no only are you trying to see if there is a vig or otherwise, you are asking them to kill you. If you are protown you wouldn't due such a thing i think. Also, if there is a vig and they are one shot then you shouldn't ask them to waste it on you.
*insert bad joke here*
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If I may weigh in, it does feel like LG is trying to look pro town by requesting death to end the WIFOM. Like we are supposed to react "Oh, obvtown, scum wouldn't risk actually being shot by a pro town role". I really don't like it when people do that.
-StrangerCoug

Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I never said you don't have a proper case. I just asked what it was. I don't remember seeing it.

I haven't really read much beyond that line, and I haven't had a lot of time to think through the game. I'll try to get something done by later this week. I've been busy.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:05 am

Post by FaerieLord »

I really don't see the farside case either right now.

What I do agree though, is that it's definitely not pro-town for a player to ask to be killed.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:20 am

Post by Falcone »

Lord Gurgi's out-of-the-blue request to be vig-killed, and especially his eagerness to get reactions to it (see #481 - sorry farside22), makes me suspect him a little more. It seems like he was consciously betting on the town thinking a mafia member wouldn't offer to be killed like he did and that he wanted to know whether his gambit worked as soon as possible.

At worst, his offer is a chance for him to use any night abilities he may or may not have, and a subtle instance of rolefishing to boot. At best, it's an appeal to emotion. Figuring out which it is boils down to WIFOM (again).

That said, I certainly support any vigilantes we may or may not have to kill Lord Gurgi should he not be lynched today, even if said vigilante is a one shot role. If nothing else, it will bring the game to an odd number of players, which is in the town's favour.

farside22 wrote:
farside22 wrote:How is it weak to attack someone for not scum hunting and offering nothing but a point that if no one is scummy then we should lynch this other person? Really that is so helpful for her to offer someone to just vote out if no one looks scummy?
He never answered my last question here by the way.
Farside22, I did answer this question, at least implicitly. I'm of the opinion, as I stated several times, that Darla's comment was perfectly reasonable and that it was a useful contribution to the discussion at that point in time. True, she didn't point out scummy behaviour by others, but it is very weak to attack only her for "not scumhunting" in a single post (which is basically what you did, as per your own admission, after your other reasons were shot down). By the same logic, you could attack any other player who makes a joke or a random comment early in the game.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Falcone wrote:That said, I certainly support any vigilantes we may or may not have to kill Lord Gurgi should he not be lynched today, even if said vigilante is a one shot role. If nothing else, it will bring the game to an odd number of players, which is in the town's favour.
Yeah exactly. And there's no better player to vig, unless the vig really feels they've found scum, which they may think if/when they shoot me.

I am confused why people think I'm fishing for a vig, first it's stupid for scum to request that, because knowing there is a vig isn't worth the loss of a scum buddy, second are you really expecting someone to pop up and say they're vig? I'll either make it through the night or I won't.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:21 am

Post by Incognito »

Okay, guys. I had gotten up to like early page 6 and have notes typed out. I was typing these over the weekend so there might be some questions to Mirth that obviously can't be answered anymore, and I made some comments about Falcone without realizing he had already admitted to being my mason buddy. Enjoy. I hope to be completed with my analysis at the end of this week.

Page 1 Stuff

Main thing I see here is the miller claim. I’ve read the thread in Mafia Discussion about ideal Miller strategy, and I don’t think there should be one set way of playing Miller. Claiming Miller early on makes sense for someone who might expect to be investigated early on as a result of play style or reputation. I remember someone in that thread citing that they have never seen scum claim Miller on Page 1 but as soon as someone mentions something like that, the meta can shift and scum may claim it early. Lord Gurgi, from your experience, do you have a tendency to draw potential cop investigations? Faerie Lord, you mentioned that you believed Lord Gurgi while agreeing with Mirth about a potential counterclaim. Any reason you chose to believe Lord Gurgi before anyone even got a chance to counterclaim?

Page 2 Stuff

Seems like a good deal of joking around on this page. farside22 brings up the possibility of Lord Gurgi being some kind of cult recruiter but then places a second seemingly arbitrary vote on ThAdmiral. Nothing else to really comment on here except for DarlaBlueEyes seemingly referencing an ongoing game.

Page 3 Stuff

farside22 starts the top of the page with an FoS on Mirth and DarlaBlueEyes but more on DarlaBlueEyes for being less jokey about the ongoing game reference. I don’t really understand the reason behind this FoS. Why would referencing an ongoing game be worthy of an FoS? Are scum more likely to reference ongoing games or something? I think this FoS seems really out of place, unwarranted, and a tad strong. Page 3 continues with more Miller discussion. I think the Miller discussion was actually very, what’s the word I’m looking for… ummm, oh yeah,
distracting
for the town. You either believe it or you don’t and with nobody really forcing a bandwagon on Lord Gurgi past Page 1 over his claim, I don’t really see the need to continue the discussion. IMO, if Lord Gurgi is still around somewhere around end-game and is acting really scummy, then it’s probably a good idea to evaluate the claim at that time. Right now though it’s water under the bridge and should be looked at as a null-tell. Having said that, um, farside, why would it be a good idea for a Miller to claim Doctor if he/she is at the point of being lynched? Wouldn’t you be worrying about a real Doctor possibly counterclaiming you and outing himself/herself? I’d ask the same question to Mirth, but she made it a point to mention that she would claim during
twilight
, which seems slightly different from claiming at the brink of getting lynched.

Page 4 Stuff

I found myself liking Falcone’s post 77. A lot of the game seemed very random and joking early on and Falcone definitely receives pro-town points in my book for attempting to push the game into more coherent territory. Mirth’s response to Falcone’s 77 was slightly off, I think. Mirth, where did Falcone mention that he was certain you were scum? Yes, he kept his vote on you, but I didn’t get the impression that he was absolutely certain you were scum based on your early remarks. It looked more like he saw an inconsistency in your play that he thought was worth pursuing. Not a fan of Vivian Darkblaam’s FoS on Falcone for his post 77. Could you explain how or why Falcone’s post seemed “forced”? I got the feeling that Falcone was attempting to move the discussion away from the Miller claim instead of allowing it to clutter up the thread with indecision. Did you agree with his reasons for his vote or IGMEOY’s? Why or why not? Meh, not a fan of ThAdmiral’s idea of considering Lord Gurgi absolutely “confirmed” town, but I suppose it’s not often scum go out of their way to try to clear anyone as town. #96 from Mariyta seemed terribly off. How was there not much substance to be had at the moment? Certainly there had to be
something
worth commenting on. Then when asked to comment further, Mariyta limits her discussion to Lord Gurgi’s miller claim. No likey, no likey. Mildly happier with Mirth for her 99 where she explains herself to Falcone reasonably well and votes for Mariyta who was kinda flying under the radar.

Page 5 Stuff

farside22 again kicks off the top of the page asking for an explanation from Falcone for his FoS. Ftr, I didn’t find Darla’s post very scummy. It seemed a tad misguided but it didn’t really look too manipulative to me. I don’t think it was worthy of a vote, that’s for sure. farside22 then goes further to mention that Darla’s post looked like “noise”. Odd. What did you think of Mariyta who posted some content which seemed “noisier” to me on Page 4 or xyzzy, ThAdmiral, Faerie Lord, or even my predecessor with little to no content? Why were they undeserving of attention? FaerieLord enters the thread again with 102, which doesn’t seem to add much to the conversation. Vivian’s explanation for her FoS seems meh. I see how she explained why Falcone’s post seemed forced by comparing his post to I’m assuming a vollkan-scum, but I don’t see why this would necessarily have to apply to Falcone also. Perhaps a meta-game of Falcone would be in order to determine if this “ordered post” stuff is something more likely to come from Falcone-scum rather than Falcone-town. Really not liking farside’s 114 either. Again she seems to re-explain why her DarlaBlueEyes vote was justified by mentioning that her post added nothing of content to the conversation, but she doesn’t provoke other people who were adding even less the conversation at the time. I’m not a fan of this double-standard. 121 seems slightly better as farside seems to be moving outside of the box and focusing on the same people who I said she wasn’t giving enough attention to. #122 from Mariyta looks odd. Mariyta, if you’re town, then your job is to hunt for scum and not simply worry about getting votes placed on you. Scum have a tendency to only worry about votes being cast on them and remaining under the radar. Is there any particular reason why you’re just not doing anything at all aside from monitoring votes on you?

Page 6 Stuff

Meeeeeeeh. farside’s 130 looks a tad forced. Yes, she was tunneling on Darla for a bit there but either way, when it’s that early in the game, you shouldn’t need someone else to point out that other people are flying under the radar even if you feel like your tunneling is even moderately justified. Your early suspicion of someone is very likely to not be correct.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Mirth is dead so I think all your questions to her are going to go unanswered. Anyway, in all the games I've finished that had a cop I was investigated, by Farside once, in fact. But then I don't think that means that I draw investigations, since that's only two games.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Mirth is dead so I think all your questions to her are going to go unanswered. Anyway, in all the games I've finished that had a cop I was investigated, by Farside once, in fact. But then I don't think that means that I draw investigations, since that's only two games.
I don't remember being a cop in a game with you. I could be wrong.
I'm going to wait for Icog to finish before replying to his questions.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:46 am

Post by nonny »

LG...she already stated that she knows mirth can't answer. I do that too, type up everthing and don't edit things out since they are valid even if sometimes they are covered or uncoverable.

While I agree with falcone on farside, I don't agree on LG. Asking the vig to do that is silly. I'd rather, if there is a vig, they do what ever they feel is right. If it's one shot why would you have them use it on LG if you feel he is that scummy then lynch him don't leave it up to that and rob town of thier only night kill power.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:29 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

farside22 wrote:I don't remember being a cop in a game with you. I could be wrong.
SSW III?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:09 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
farside22 wrote:I don't remember being a cop in a game with you. I could be wrong.
SSW III?
Right I was the sniffer. :lol:
cop/ sniffer. Man I need a vacation from this game.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I'm personally not convinced by falcones case (especially because it also goes as far to suggest that lord gurgi is the scum partner). And I still don't understand why, if you were trying to get the town to look at a farside lynch, you wouldn't have actually mentioned it yesterday.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

ThAdmiral wrote:I'm personally not convinced by falcones case (especially because it also goes as far to suggest that lord gurgi is the scum partner). And I still don't understand why, if you were trying to get the town to look at a farside lynch, you wouldn't have actually mentioned it yesterday.
Who is that last line directed to. I know Falcone attacked me most of yesterday wanting a lynch. LG only comment was "I usually read farside as scum" which is nothing at all.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”