Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:48 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Mostly the case stems from her reaction to Darla's post, and how her stance shifted at least 4 times during that whole debacle. I was nice with my reasoning on her because I thought there was a lead on Darla given her behavior despite how farside handled it, and also the fact farside seemed to clean up a bit in the latter half of the game. But, I'm not giving her any such pass today. Falcone is right, it was a mistake to let go after all that sliding around.

I do, however, beg no one lays the hammer down anytime soon because the day is our best weapon against the scum.

Vote Count:
Farside - 3 - (Falcone, forbiddanlight, Lord Gurgi)

With 10 Alive, 6 to lynch
!
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:49 am

Post by Incognito »

Hi, all. I'm replacing Spacecase. YAY FOR ESTROGEN!

I don't have internet access at home yet since I just moved, so I saved this whole game onto a Word document and have been reading it over the weekend while typing up notes. I should be able to get involved with this game sometime during the week. Just to confirm though, yes, I'm the extremely
sXc
, perky left boob also known as Falcone's Mason buddy.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:53 am

Post by farside22 »

nonny wrote:Any one want to refresh my memory on this reasoning? Maybe I'm missing something...enlighten me.
Only 2 people had a case against me. One is Falcone who I defended myself against and the other is Forbidden who I need to review exactly what case that is. I'm very busy on the weekends taking care of my little one so I will go over what Forbidden has stated against me. As for LG he has yet to come up with a case against me.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:11 am

Post by nonny »

hmm i'm going to have to review what is happening. While I think it's and interesting case I don't like how forbidden(and falcone) are condemning her on the spot without prompting any discussion. If day is our best asset against the scum why not provoke the use of it and not encourage poeple to bandwagon.

forgot this in previous post.
FoS Lord Gurgi
for blatant bandwagoning.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:12 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Upon a quick reread: She asked me why I would have my picture and didn't lean heavily either way on the issue of my claim. Also she tried to straw-man all the metas being used on her, on the basis that people disagree, which is ludicrous, because there's always dispute over meta. Putting me on her LoS because I think she's suspicious but up till now I haven't given any reasoning, which for me is not a scum-tell, especially to the point of #2 on her LoS, which would, with the lynch of DBE make me #1 for not giving reasons for voting her.

How many votes is it to lynch?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:15 am

Post by nonny »

I would think a townie would ask that before voting...however it should be 6.

So you are voting her because she put together a weak case against you on what page 4-8? Uhm that sounds OMGUS to me. What actions of hers are causeing you to act, not her case on your actions. I believe that would be more helpful and effective.
*insert bad joke here*
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:16 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

If day is our best asset against the scum why not provoke the use of it and not encourage poeple to bandwagon.

I do, however, beg no one lays the hammer down anytime soon because the day is our best weapon against the scum.
I think that suffices?

Like I said. I really didn't like how she changed her stance on why she was voting Darla 4 different times, that I counted. It was horribly inconsistent and I wish I had pushed it more yesterday. But deadline kinda worried me :S...

Also, 6 to lynch. 10 players left I think?
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:17 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Her case was based on my actions, and she hasn't done much else than bounce back and forth between Mariyta, DBE, and Xyzzy; so I don't know what I can take out of that, other than she seems content to straw man me and ignore me otherwise. I don't think it's OMGUS for me considering I'm #1 on hers because of my case, not my actions. It applies both ways.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

EBWOP: That should read: Her case wasn't based on my actions...
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:26 am

Post by nonny »

"she did it so I can do it too!!!"

Uhm what? You say her case is baloney and is based on your case, what is your case since you showed it was based on her case. See the circle forming? Just because her case isn't based on your actions as you claim doesn't mean you can have the same type of case. If you are saying her poor case on your is making her scummy then why would you do the exact same thing and just judge her on the case? Am I making sense here? I understand you think her case on you is bad, but there is probably other reasons you find her scummy, such as her actions. That is stronger material, so I'm wondering if you used any of it. So far it seems like you bandwagoned and then later decided you should have reasons, trying to be a little different you picked that.

Also how can her case be about your case if intially it was all about your miller claim?

To a point yes, forbiddenlight. But like I said you are so difinative on farside being scum. Do you have no questions or things you want her to respond to. Do you have any inklings on pairings or maybe new hindsight with her interaction with mirth? I'm not trying to nesscarily help out farside, I want to hear from her too. But I just don't like it when "townies" are so difinative without reason, it's a pet peeve.
*insert bad joke here*
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:29 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

To a point yes, forbiddenlight. But like I said you are so difinative on farside being scum. Do you have no questions or things you want her to respond to. Do you have any inklings on pairings or maybe new hindsight with her interaction with mirth? I'm not trying to nesscarily help out farside, I want to hear from her too. But I just don't like it when "townies" are so difinative without reason, it's a pet peeve.
Fair enough. I tend to be push solidly when I feel someone is scum, even if I'm not certain, or definitive. Habit of mine. To be honest, I am VERY curious why she migrated from reason to reason on voting DBE?
-StrangerCoug

Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Sorry? Part of MY case is her reaction to my claim. To my knowledge nothing in her case is about my claim.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:41 am

Post by nonny »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Sorry? Part of MY case is her reaction to my claim. To my knowledge nothing in her case is about my claim.
okay that part is poor reading on my part and puncutation on yours ^.~

But the rest still applies. You say her case is based on yours and yours is based on hers. See how that doesn't work? Actions speak louder I think, or at rest; votes, interaction, logic(failed or sucessful).

Fair enough forbidden.

Now we wait for other players(farside) to post.
*insert bad joke here*
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Murrrr. Agree.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I think the speed at which this wagon has formed is suspicious. Especially since there was hardly any/no case on farside yesterday - and now everybody supposedly agrees that she is definite scum.

One page after the new day is announced Farside is already at -3 (falcone should be asking for a claim any time now!), and forbiddan is warning people not to hammer. It seems like almost a foregone conclusion that she will be lynched.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:18 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

One page after the new day is announced Farside is already at -3 (falcone should be asking for a claim any time now!), and forbiddan is warning people not to hammer. It seems like almost a foregone conclusion that she will be lynched.
Well, it does seem that way, true. I know I personally just push with certainty when I want to see a lynch. Recall yesterday my list was DBE and farside. Nothing has changed that. I still don't want to see a hammer til everyone has weighed in and done their thing.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:45 am

Post by farside22 »

Okay so here is what Forbidden has stated thus far:
farside: Post 110: Ah, well, ya see, that's not the issue. the issue is your misrepresentation. Bad deflection. Actually address the issue at hand. Now I'd be FoSing.
Looking back it was a bad statement, but it was also a bad comment from DBE. I didn't like her lets lynch LG because he is not a PR if no one comes up scummy. She never even attempted to state who she thought was scummy.
farside: Post 113: Erm...actually, it looks like you are backtracking. You very specifically said that her idea was to lynch LG then with no discussion etc. If you take a stance, stand by it or directly rescind it. Don't try to say you said something else.
I don't see it as backtracking. I had many number of reason's why DBE's comment came off as scummy. Was I really to name every single one?

farside: Post 129: More deflection. You were willing to give up DBE after all the defense? Well, I guess that's fair, but you never rescinded your initial view. It looks too much like "I'm backed into a corner...so LOOK OVER THERE IT'S A SCUMMY NON CONTRIBUTOR". Not good.

My problem was that Falcone was doing all the talking for DBE and she was getting bypassed with all the back and forth. The last time I argued with someone we both turned out to be town and the scum won. Plus I answered Falcone comments back and he in the end never returned back anything I stated.

farside: Post 162: Yet another tag added to the odyssey of your opinions on Darla. She rescinded her point. While it's fair to keep pushing it since she didn't precisely answer you, I don't think you'll get anywhere.
DBE gave a list if I remember correctly. I would have to look back and read thru again to see what you are talking about here.

farside: Post 269: Why so worried? If he's waiting for a slip, you have nothing to worry about if you are town, because you'll have more ways to pull out of it. Since he can't make a case, I honestly wouldn't worry about it. Don't like this.
Here is my reason not for worry, but why I pushed LG on his comments.

LG:
Well I usually find DBE scummy, but for whatever reason I'm not getting that read this game. I'm also not seeing farside as town, in fact closer to scum, which is throwing me off, because I usually get a town read off her.

So far he is saying that he see's me as scum (no reason)
I do not like how neither Falcone or Farside actually answered my question.
I answered his question and he seemed to miss it.

If DarlaBlueEyes does become more active, I will vote Spacecase, but until then I am not going to participate in the lurker lynching. I am still sure about Farside22.
States he isn't sure.
Smiley = Joking. But Farside22's interest in my reasons is making me heavily doubt my suspicions. Unvote; FoS Farside22 I generally don't use FoS's as I think they are useless, but at the moment they really convey my feelings

Again I pushed for an awnser on why I was scum and this above was my answer.
Yes it does Farside, my suspicion of you is that feeling that makes me think that you are scum, regardless of the lack of incriminating evidence. I'm not going to vote for someone if I do not think they have a chance of being lynched, and this is especially pertinent at deadline.
I still see no reason's he finds me scummy. I felt at this point he flip flopped which is why LG went on my scum list.
straw-man
I have no idea what straw man means. Can I get a deffintion please.

I will have to read thru this game commently. Soon and have a scum list no later then Friday I promise.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:03 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I have no idea what straw man means. Can I get a deffintion please.
A straw man is where someone says "This is your view" and defends against it, even though it's not what the attacker intended.

This goes into more detail:http://www.mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?title=Strawman

I don't see it as backtracking. I had many number of reason's why DBE's comment came off as scummy. Was I really to name every single one?

If you want to push a case, yes. Throw everything out there for the attacked to defend at once.

Looking back it was a bad statement, but it was also a bad comment from DBE. I didn't like her lets lynch LG because he is not a PR if no one comes up scummy. She never even attempted to state who she thought was scummy.
I didn't like it either, which is why I was for her lynch. Your reaction was still scummy, even if it was a "bad comment from DBE"

My problem was that Falcone was doing all the talking for DBE and she was getting bypassed with all the back and forth. The last time I argued with someone we both turned out to be town and the scum won. Plus I answered Falcone comments back and he in the end never returned back anything I stated.
Fair enough. But, you still changed your view a lot on Darla.
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

EBWOP: Ok, that was weird. My last post was supposed to be this:

EBWOP: https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Strawman
-StrangerCoug

forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ok, something is really screwy here. I'm trying to EBWOP an actual link to the article on the strawman fallacy, but it's eating my post :S.
-StrangerCoug

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:22 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Upon a quick reread: She asked me why I would have my picture and didn't lean heavily either way on the issue of my claim. Also she tried to straw-man all the metas being used on her, on the basis that people disagree, which is ludicrous, because there's always dispute over meta. Putting me on her LoS because I think she's suspicious but up till now I haven't given any reasoning, which for me is not a scum-tell, especially to the point of #2 on her LoS, which would, with the lynch of DBE make me #1 for not giving reasons for voting her.

How many votes is it to lynch?
I questioned the poster more then anyone. Here by the way because obviously I'm older then some people is the orginal poster and Wiki on Uncle Sam.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncle_Sam
I stated that I think Meta is over rated. I stated why I think it is over rated. How did I straw-man?
You flipped flop when pushed on why I was scum. I put the quotes on your reasoning and your flip which is why you were on my scum list and are not exactly in the clear form me.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:48 am

Post by nonny »

ThAdmiral wrote:I think the speed at which this wagon has formed is suspicious. Especially since there was hardly any/no case on farside yesterday - and now everybody supposedly agrees that she is definite scum.

Uhm that's what I said....

Uhm farside; I think we all know who uncle sam is. Google image search "douchebag" the picture LG posted is one of the first to come up. It's because of that I'm letting the WIFOM slide.

Forrbidden is still coming off as overbearing yet not it's interesting and bothersome.

Nice that falcone hasn't posted since starting the wagon.
*insert bad joke here*
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Forrbidden is still coming off as overbearing yet not it's interesting and bothersome.
Like how so? And what makes it bothersome?
-StrangerCoug

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:18 am

Post by nonny »

forbidden wrote:Well, it does seem that way, true. I know I personally just push with certainty when I want to see a lynch. Recall yesterday my list was DBE and farside. Nothing has changed that. I still don't want to see a hammer til everyone has weighed in and done their thing.
Mostly this is what is bothersome. While it's helpful yes, to say no hammer till everyone has posted. It's also strong, forced. The "push with certainty" especailly is bothersome, how can you be certain? You say you list is the same as yesterday, meaning niether or the deaths have change anything in the game? You have no desire to read through with the known ailgnments of two players and see any intereations or anything. It just feels/sounds odd to me.
*insert bad joke here*

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”