Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:47 pm

Post by Servant Assassin »

In post 474, Servant Alter Ego wrote:What do you think of Moon Cancer's approach to the game right now. What do you make of their strategy for using the master-upgrade vote?
ehhh i have an answer but don't want to say anything yet, sorry. want to see other reponses.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:00 pm

Post by Servant Alter Ego »

In post 476, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 474, Servant Alter Ego wrote:What do you think of Moon Cancer's approach to the game right now. What do you make of their strategy for using the master-upgrade vote?
ehhh i have an answer but don't want to say anything yet, sorry. want to see other reponses.
Fair enough. Anything you do want to discuss?

If not, Cabd's Tales trilogy might make a decent late night read.
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 476, Servant Assassin wrote:
Here's my response: Moon Cancer is giving me moon cancer.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:09 pm

Post by Servant Moon Cancer »

One of those games should probably go down in a list of the worst games in the history of ever.

To even suggest reading it makes me think you're a sociopath.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:34 pm

In post 475, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:Who's my model?
In post 479, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:One of those games should probably go down in a list of the worst games in the history of ever.

:thinking:
Servant Saber
Servant Saber
Goon
Servant Saber
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:35 pm

Post by Servant Saber »

Went over the Avenger ISO that I wanted to do and hoo boy that was definitely more IIoA-y than I remember it being, both before and after my initial assessment of him. Post in particular is a whole lot of words that don't really go anywhere meaningful despite clearly intending to. This gets the Neutral Face of Displeasure.

Lancer : I'm not sure what sort of confidence you're referring to. Are you saying I am/taking issue with me being confident I am not sure Caster is town but it seems more a bit more likely than Caster being mafia?

Avenger : I feel like just about all of these questions can be answered by reading why I'm voting for Caster. (Helpfully, my ISO isn't very long!) I also hadn't had the chance to reread you until now; I thought "Will need to read the iso to get something solid when I have the time" pretty clearly meant I hadn't done it yet. Having completed it now, I'm still quite happy with my vote where it is.

Archer : I meant to say 360, sorry. Though I feel like the mistake should have been easily spotted and my true intentions gleaned when it was the post above the one I referred to.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:51 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

Moon cancer being attacked on the premise they are attempting to solve with an alternate method using the knowledge they have available is looking sketchy.
The NP as I understand it is potentially both anti-town and pro-scum. But on play I'd put Moon as second strongest townread with the caveat there are likely better options to receive the master upgrade.

The strongest hook for this read isnt even the against the grain read on assassin itself but the methodology behind it. I highly doubt the game was balanced to doom the town in the event scum gets the upgrade and I completely get being willing to forego an IC for definitive associations and semi solid VCA potential going into day 1.

It has merit, I'm not sold it's the best play but I'll think on it.

@Moon is your np day activated? I don't need details beyond this.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:53 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

In post 434, Servant Berserker wrote:Avenger is the only person I am comfortable voting for. Also, town blocking here before a flip is.... Bad. Very bad.
Why? I get pre flip associations but a day 1 town block isn't set in stone.

It's likely one forms regardless as a consequence of shared reads/ideas anyway.
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:00 pm

Post by Servant Ruler »

In post 400, Servant Avenger wrote:
In post 234, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:So, my Noble Phantasm ability is somewhat negative utility. But I'm guessing there are players with who I have some compatibility. When it's fully charged, I can use it during the day and anyone voting me at that time has one charge taken away. I get a list of their attributes but not who has what (unless I have a master, then I learn what each of them got). Knowing attributes has no relation to the rest of my role though, so as for why that's my Noble Phantasm I really don't know. As a side note,
I was told votes against the town master won't be processed (when I asked Cabd about this, he said it'd count as an unvote at best).

In post 342, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:
In post 331, Servant Avenger wrote:@cancer don’t elaborate on that.
Uh, to avoid any sort of future complication I feel I should correct this miscommunication.
I meant no votes from anyone towards an
elected
town master count (and how that interacts with my Noble Phantasm is paramount). As I think I previously noted, my Noble Phantasm requires me being voted
. (
I don't currently plan on actually using it, but the topic came up when I asked Cabd about abusing it.)
pain to do this on tablet.

A. He said he can drain NP gauges using his NP when voted. Plus attributes etc.
B. Asks cabd if he can vote confirmed town with his ability.

1. He’s right there’s synergy here with foreigner obviously. There’s been no outreach from him to foreigner which I think is a bit odd. The question is whether they’re both town or whether cabd made it that it looks that way but they’re both different alignments or scum together. My Intuition says they’re both different alignments. But obviously there could be 2 or 3 other roles depending on similar information in ounno.

He’s been hilariously transparent, but I have no idea what benefit there would be as town to want to vote confirmed town in what sounds like a separate ability unless he asked cabd if he could drain the NP from confirmed town which is scum motivation, right?
Siri. Remind me I'm Fos'ing this post.
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 2:41 am

Post by Cabd »

Prodding Shielder
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:40 am

feel like i have a fair amount of townreads and not a lot of scumreads which is kind of concerning

i hope this isn't one of those anonymous games that gets solved by sorting by post count because that would be so boring
Servant Caster
Servant Caster
Goon
Servant Caster
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 4:48 am

Post by Servant Caster »

In post 482, Servant Ruler wrote:Moon cancer being attacked on the premise they are attempting to solve with an alternate method using the knowledge they have available is looking sketchy.
They are being deliberately annoying. Is it any wonder the response is annoyance?
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:00 am

In post 479, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:One of those games should probably go down in a list of the worst games in the history of ever.

The post you replied to was MY reading list for the next couple of days. I'm not through digging, but I'll maybe have some observations about the game designs tonight or early tomorrow, depending on how bad my game-insomnia gets.

@Shielder

When I saw you'd made some posts I figured I'd have some new questions for you, but I don't, at least not on these posts. You set sail with your second post in the game, and have hewed close to that course ever since. This is an observation, not a criticism!

Does this opinion still hold?
In post 255, Servant Saber wrote:Also, for what it's worth, my least favorite people so far are Archer, Lancer, and Rider, since I feel like they have the worst signal-to-noise ratios so far.
Servant Archer
Servant Archer
Goon
Servant Archer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:09 am

Post by Servant Archer »

In post 472, Servant Assassin wrote:
In post 469, Servant Archer wrote:
In post 462, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I've been debating whether I should break the spirit of the game and do a meta-dive on you to figure out whether my issues have any substance to them. I don't know if I'll actually bother.
This sounds like something scum would say.
y, tho?
Idk how to really explain it, but it seems like there wasn't really any reason to say it. Felt more showy to me.
Servant Alter Ego
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Servant Alter Ego
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:15 am

In post 488, Servant Alter Ego wrote: @Shielder

When I saw you'd made some posts I figured I'd have some new questions for you, but I don't, at least not on these posts. You set sail with your second post in the game, and have hewed close to that course ever since. This is an observation, not a criticism!

In post 255, Servant Saber wrote:Also, for what it's worth, my least favorite people so far are Archer, Lancer, and Rider, since I feel like they have the worst signal-to-noise ratios so far.
This was meant for Ruler, not Shielder. OOPS!

---------------------

I may be wrong, but I get the feel that some players would like to end this phase pretty soon and move on. I don't think we'll need to run out the clock, but in an activity-restricted game I hate to give up pages.

Some of y'all could poast more.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:57 am

people are probably feeling a little stalled without something to push on but ruler/beast/saber/shielder are all in the ??? territory which is not ideal, even though i have some slight bits of towniness from a couple of them.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:58 am

realized i probably shouldn't be townreading caster just because they've been irritable in their string of recent posts
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:48 am

I don't actually currently think Assassin is scum (though I actually don't mind still electing Assassin).

Archer, Shielder, Rider, someone... probably. Working on it.
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:50 am

Oh yeah, it's a day ability, Ruler.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:04 am

In post 493, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:I don't actually currently think Assassin is scum (though I actually don't mind still electing Assassin).

Archer, Shielder, Rider, someone... probably. Working on it.
what changed from last night
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:07 am

My read on you?
Servant Moon Cancer
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Servant Moon Cancer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:07 am

Maybe Beast.
Servant Assassin
Servant Assassin
Goon
Servant Assassin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:27 am

In post 496, Servant Moon Cancer wrote:My read on you?
you seemed fairly committed so i'm wondering why there was a turnaround
Servant Ruler
Servant Ruler
Townie
Servant Ruler
Townie
Townie

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Sep 04, 2020 9:39 am

Post by Servant Ruler »

In post 490, Servant Alter Ego wrote:
In post 488, Servant Alter Ego wrote: @Shielder

This was meant for Ruler, not Shielder. OOPS!

---------------------

I may be wrong, but I get the feel that some players would like to end this phase pretty soon and move on. I don't think we'll need to run out the clock, but in an activity-restricted game I hate to give up pages.

Some of y'all could poast more.
If you mean my predecessors second post, no. I don't find zerker townie really. I'm not sure what they say that caused them to bemoan the lack of votes.

If you mean mine, yes. Are you opposed to receiving the master? Shotgun to the back you would be my vote at the moment.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”