Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1925 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:01 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

In post 1914, Almost50 wrote:
In post 1908, LuckyLuciano wrote:Because I still
chose
to replace back in.
Let's talk this out with sense: I personally do NOT replace out even if it looks like my team is going down. That is called RESPECT. Respect to the mod, to your fellow players (all of them) and to yourself. After all it's only a game.

Now you established that you replaced out for IRL reasons, which is very much acceptable. That -also- means you would NOT have replaced out if you didn't get sick. Correct? You wanted to PLAY the game (whether you win or lose is irrelevant because alignments are randomized and there's always one side that wins and one that loses). You saw the slot was available again and you were getting better IRL so you wanted back into the game you had originally intended to play.

That's NOT AI. That is RESPECTABLE.
Yeah, that's how it happened. And for full disclosure, if you told players from my old site that I replaced back in after mafia died D1, they would tell you it's more likely that I'm mafia than town. Back on my old site I tried to solo carry games and was known for lone wolfing and bussing as mafia. Nowadays I play mafia more as a team game, so I'd say that I probably wouldn't have replaced back in if I were mafia. Can't say for sure, given that I'm not mafia, but I don't think present!me would. Prime!Me would have years ago, but prime!me was only so good at being scum because he was a borderline pathological liar who could convince people of basically anything because by saying it he actually believed it to be true. Thank goodness I got that worked out over the years.
In post 1915, Almost50 wrote:@LL: By your logic, neither I nor Norwee could be scum either. We both replaced into slots that were occupied by known lurkers, and thus were at a disadvantage regardless of alignments.
I disagree. Personally I think replacing into a game in
any
slot after mafia dies D1 is silly, because as mafia you might already be mechanically lost and as town your effort is less meaningful given that town's already in a good gamestate, but that's just my opinion. I don't see why other people couldn't replace in either hoping they were town or not realizing what the game state looked like. If you are a stat-chaser then maybe you could justify replacing into these games because random chance has it that you are town and town is already winning, but I really hope nobody cares about their stats enough to do that.

Pedit: A50 is probably scum based on that wagon, but I also realize that if I dislike a person's attitude I tend to
want
them to be scum. A50's tone was incredibly dickish and condescending when he came into the game, so I might have been confbiasing reads onto him. I need to revisit a lot of topics if I'm in ELo, but I think I'm still leaning mafia on A50 preliminarily just because of the Drew wagon dynamics. I think in the case that 2 mafia were on the Drew wagon, then it would have been too easy for him to live if they just laid low.

Pedit 2: I'm not sure if that analysis is good to make right now.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1926 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:05 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

What about A50 was condescending?
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1927 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:07 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Is it particularly important that we talk about whether or not A50 was being toxic with the way he interacted with other players? I'm more inclined to solve that dig back into the way people have played the game on a personal level.
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1928 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:21 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

EBWOP: Is it particularly important that we talk about whether or not A50 was being toxic with the way he interacted with other players? I'm more inclined to solve than dig back into the way people have played the game on a personal level.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1929 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I think everything can be relevant.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
LuckyLuciano
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
LuckyLuciano
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 3:48 am

Post by LuckyLuciano »

Gonna be honest, I'm getting over a recent relapse in my depression, and I was myself extremely toxic in a game recently because I'm not good at separating my emotions IRL from my play in-game. I'd rather not throw stones from a glass house, so unless you can give me reasons why it's more relevant than other topics, I'm going to avoid further discussing it.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1931 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:23 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

This is a long ass twilight.
Gobbles, u ok buddy?

- Bunno
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1932 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:35 am

Post by Titus »

I pmed him awhile ago. Crickets.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1933 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:45 am

Post by implosion »

gobbledygook PM'd me this morning saying he'd need to find someone to take over the game. I think he didn't have a backup mod so I'll most likely take over - I'm very busy today but will look at things tonight when I have the time to.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1934 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:05 pm

Post by implosion »

VC 4.2
NorwegianboyEE
Almost50
JacksonVirgo (3): NorwegianboyEE, Almost50, JacksonVirgo
Titus
LuckyLuciano

Not Voting
(5) NorwegianboyEE, Almost50, JacksonVirgo, Titus, LuckyLuciano

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to remove from the town.

Titus is VLA.
NorwegianBoyEE is VLA.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-07-17 11:00:00)[/color]
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1935 (ISO) » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:09 pm

Post by implosion »

JacksonVirgo -
1-Shot Bulletproof Serial Killer
- has been eliminated on Day 4.

It is now Night 4. Please send night actions to me. Night will end in 48 hours, or when *all* players request a fast night via PM. I have all setup info.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1936 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:23 pm

Post by implosion »

Titus -
Town Innocent Child
- has been killed on Night 4.

It is now Day 5. Deadline will be 2 weeks from today, July 30th at 1:00 AM PST.

With 3 alive, it takes 2 votes to eliminate.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1937 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:27 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Hmm. This was unexpected. I’d expect A50 to be the kill assuming scum!LL. I’m goong to have to read over the game again. Nobody place any votes yet please.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1938 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:29 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Time for the good old LYLO paranoia to set in. I would most likely vote LL here, but i can’t completely deny the possibility of A50 having tried to pocket me either.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1939 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:34 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1341, Almost50 wrote:Also Nahdia's definitely Town. This game is easy (well, easy to scum hunt for the main team at least. If there's a SK -as was indicated by the two NKs on N1- then I am at a loss of who that might be, but still those I called TOWN already are not it.)
What were your reasons for TR’ing Nahdia here?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1940 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1349, Almost50 wrote:
Black Ranger wrote:Umlaut: how pure is this wagon?

ManateeDude (6) -
bob3141
, Umlaut,
Titus
, Nahdia, SirCakez,
osuka
[L-2]
Personally I'd go for all-town (or -at leat- Mafia-free)
Oh shit.

Well other than THAT, i think A50's ISO is relatively townie and i stand by what i've said regarding him earlier.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1941 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:58 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1696, Almost50 wrote:You know what I'm thinking? I'm thinking of No Elimination. Scum can shoot each other or can shoot town. If they both shoot town though they make the last townie as a kingmaker. If only one of then shoot town and the other shoots the opposing scum we're in a 2v1 Elo. If they both shoot each other we win.
This was quite dumb though.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1942 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:00 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1724, Almost50 wrote:Actually, you know what? My lynch doesn't hurt the town that much. It just brings the 2-1-1 situation right now, and whichever of you doesn't kill the other loses. The only difference is you can both agree to share the win (which would be lame tbh).

So, let me help you there:

VOTE: A50
Oh and a self-vote too. A50, why do you do this? *facepalm*

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1943 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:02 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 1748, Almost50 wrote:And THAT is one reason why I prefer Nor to win if he is not Town. He's playing the correct way (from my own PoV). JV/LL coming at me is really bad play. They should have -at least- considered each other, which they didn't. (JV for no real reason, and LL because he's trying to twist everything into a narrative that fits his agenda and is often retracting when it's made obvious he is going astray)
Yeah this points to scum!LL though.

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1944 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:09 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

LL, what are your thoughts on A50's: ?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1945 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:11 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I'll be taking a shot of vodka till you guys get online. Nerve-wracking shit.

- Bunno
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1946 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1937, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Hmm. This was unexpected. I’d expect A50 to be the kill assuming scum!LL. I’m goong to have to read over the game again. Nobody place any votes yet please.
No, it's easy. The only reason Titus was not attacked before is Scum were hunting for the SK, and SK "probably" hunting for scum too. Now that SK is gone, the logical thing is to shoot the conf!Townie. (Not best play though, I agree)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1947 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:33 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

But wouldn't LL want to kill you and capitalize on Titus scumreading me. According to yourself?

- Bunno
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1948 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1939, NorwegianboyEE wrote:
In post 1341, Almost50 wrote:Also Nahdia's definitely Town. This game is easy (well, easy to scum hunt for the main team at least. If there's a SK -as was indicated by the two NKs on N1- then I am at a loss of who that might be, but still those I called TOWN already are not it.)
What were your reasons for TR’ing Nahdia here?
No, No no no no no. I refuse -in principle- to do double-work by going back to see hwere exactly I said that and why. YOU do it. I believe my catch up was linked to where I was reading and even had quotes and references whenever possible, so you can just see what page I was on at the time and go see what Nahdia had done there.

But IF it helps, I believe that THIS GAME was still ongoing, and I was scum in it. Nahdia was town in that game, and I was comparing her tone (which I'm not very good at tone reading), so factor that in if you will

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #1949 (ISO) » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:43 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Are you still standing by your LL scumread?

- Bunno

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”