Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Mirth »

It isnt but you didn't answer my question.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by nonny »

Some of this has already been covered, but these are my thoughts as re-reading. I guess there was stuff there I just wasn't look at it right(sorry for being lazy >.<)
Falcone wrote:2. She asked Lord Gurgi if his claim was serious or not, then before he responded, stated that it's “theoretically best” to claim at the beginning of the game as a miller, which makes me feel as though she knew the claim was serious beforehand and that she tried to lend credence to the claim. Then, after Lord Gurgi confirmed his claim, she asked for a counterclaim, which seems a very strange thing to do after a miller claim, and again has the implicit connotation of “Well, if there’s no counterclaim, I’ll believe the claim”. Since I don’t see why there can’t be either zero or two or more millers in a game (see for example this thread: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8831), the absence of a counterclaim doesn’t tell us anything about the value of Lord Gurgi’s claim.

On my re-read I actually see why she asked for a counter-claim. If someone countered that would be gurgi was most likly scum making it up. Miller is not a very risky thing to claim since it's so rare, but it is possible scum would try it and might get counter-calimed. (confirmed in post 98)

I see why a miller would be a douchebag, everyone hates douche's but they are good(sort of). I think the picture just happens to be uncle sam. You google "douchebag" and the third image is that uncle sam one.

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:All I am saying is that after we've exhausted d1, if no one is REALLY scummy, that LG would be the best lynch, because its win win either way.
I find it a very false statement. If he is telling the truth, we lose a townie. Which is not a win, it is in fact a lose. Just ebcause he isn't a power role doesn't mean he is completly disposable.
ThAdmiral wrote:The flavour makes sense so I'm going to treat gurgi as a confirmed town from here on in.

Still haven't decided who I think is scummy though.
very poor reasoning.
FoS admiral
I can't see any townie writing some one off as confirmed this early. Falcone and Gurgi both touched on this.

DBE reverts to WIFOM in almost everypost, it's a little irksome. We know at this point she thinks it's WIFOM, why not move on to the rest of the game?

mirth wrote:Mariyta: you are still not actually answering my question and starting to convince me that my vote is in the right place. I asked you, as an experienced player, about your no substance comment when I voted you. You still have not responded to this despite me asking you to multiple times. Now you failed to explain what you meant by "overreact" And you "people attack me and I give up and quit" answer just now seems like a bit of a cop out, like you're saying not to attack you.
Agree with this post regarding mariyta

DBE posts 140 and 128 are pointless. No one was eagerly requesting information. Didn't need to update twice on one page to say I'm not quite ready to post.
theAdmiral wrote: Sometimes people don't talk because they can't think of anything to say. This may be because they haven't been able to get on as much and really take a good look at the game, or because whenever they think of something to say they realise that someone else has already said it or a number of other reasons. As I said this sort of thing has happened to me quite a few times in the past; in some games I'm very talkative and in others I'm a bit of a wall flower. Basically I don't think it's a very good indication of whether someone is scum or not.
QFT
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:On the LG case, I've already explained myself, and I don't intend to lynch him flippantly or even suggest such a thing. MY position is quite clear in my posts, and a lot of LG's recent activity is making me more comfortable with his claim.
then why say he is a last resort or not valueble?
Falcone wrote:Nonny random-voted Darla, then jumped of her wagon without much meaningful comment on it. Hasn’t expressed suspicion or trust of any other player.
I would never express trust in a player unless they were confirmed, but especially not day one ever. Don't see why you would be expecting trust, I see the other portion of the post's point though.
Spacecase wrote:Farside22: Really hard to figure out if she is scummy or not due to her game play. Which makes it hard for me at least to make an assessment.
Either her play is scummy or not, making her scummy. I personally don't think you should right it off just because that is how she can act. If you see something scummy point it out.
Spacecase wrote:Falcone: You seem to be running the conversation which is kinda scary. It's a plausible thought to say that he could be a scum figure.
I don't see how he is running the convrsation, if anything mirth is. Which is good, since the converstation has yet to die. And with the deadline approaching I don't see why you would say this is a scumtell.

ThAdmiral agrees with mirth on townlist/scumlists says he might do his own, then when asked to do so says he doesn't actually have one. Seems a bit odd. Do though agree with his statement on spacecase.
ThAdmiral wrote:
spacecase wrote:that seems like a waste of a lynch LG. I have my answer now. I'd lynch LG if it came down to it.
I think it is a bit strong to go after LG for that, given that lurker lynches are not the worst idea day one (although they're not a great one) and furthermore LG is not the only person going after lurkers.
Agree since spacecase was talking about lynching LG not simply voting for him over it.

Another pointless "i'm not ready to post" post from DBE (221)
DarleBlueEyes wrote:I really am up in the air on almost everyone so far, I'd still really like the more lurky players to come out and contribute some as we can't really get a feel for you all if you don't post.

We have 1 week right now I believe...and I must say I'm liking this Elvis as Scum thing
A bit hypocritical(i know now i'm being hypocritical) to call out the lurkers when she hasn't post that much either and has only posted about wanting to post ever since she came under some heat.

Mariyta has given up without even trying, a little bothersome. And I hate metagame but it's not how I have seen her act in another game recently.

FOS DBE, will turn into a vote after i see a current count

FoS Spacecase
*insert bad joke here*
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:21 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

farside22 wrote:ThAdmiral - post 70 agrees with miller claim d1, but doesn't mean LG is lying. Post 85 feels the flavor of LG is more townie. What changed your mind from one post to the other?
Someone explained the flavor behind it and it seemed to make sense for me.

In fact (and this is to nonny as well) it made so much sense that I was inclined to treat it as an essentially confirmed role. Lets just say if it is in fact made up, well done Lord Gurgi.
Mariyta wrote:It's a gut feeling. As I said, twice, something inside made me think a vote for FL was the right way to go. If I knew why, I would've said so.
I also am not liking the gut feeling. I can sense that you don't want to talk about it and that you say that you are not sure why you feel it, but have a think about it and you might realise there is reason behind it.

Until then though I don't like it.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:46 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Hello bitchez vote count:

DarlaBlueeyes - 2 (xyzzy, farside)

farside - 1 (Lord Gurgi)
faerielord - 2 (Mariyta, vivian darkblaam)
Mariyta - 1 (Mirth)
spacecase - 1 (falcone)

12 alive, 7 to lynch!

I am prodding faerielord, spacecase, and xyzzy. Xyzzy has only posted twice in the game, and may need replacement.

All players have received a pm reminding them of deadline.

DEADLINE= One week from NOW!

AUGUST 7, 9:45 am GMT-5
Last edited by elvis_knits on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:31 am

Post by FaerieLord »

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this game, which is awful.

My word, I'll read tomorrow morning. Now it's late though
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:35 am

Post by nonny »

vote Darla
I want to hear a lot more from her, especially with the deadline.
*insert bad joke here*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:56 am

Post by farside22 »

I'm waiting with baited breathe for DBE to actually you know play and have some sort of insight like she should have had by now.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:41 am

Post by Falcone »

Mod
, what are the rules for lynches at deadline?

Whoever has the most votes will be deadened. If two players have the same number of votes, I will kill the player who reached that number first.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Well. I stand by my vote, but unless DBE responds I can't say that it isn't a deserved deadline lynch.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

Mirth wrote:Nah, not Quilty's pseudonym, his friend who only gets passing mentions. Have not read Ada though.

So you're voting FL because you're not comfortable putting more pressure on Farside, DBE, Nonny, or Spacecase? Is that the gist of it? Why?

(P.S. FL is secretly male)
Whoops, my bad. I knew her part in the Kubrick movie was bigger than her part in the book, but that led me to downsize her part in the book too far (she didn't have all that big of a part in the movie)

I think there already is pressure on some of the others. I felt like FL was a new discovery that required action so as to have the most info possible going into deadline.

I know, but
she
should know what
she's
getting into when
she
changes
her
gender icon.
Marityta wrote: Spacecase: Claimed Falcone was running the show, but looking at the posts, Falcone has posted very little in comparison to some others. Posts see fairly non-committal in most cases, trying to post just enough to seem helpful (sounds like me). Does the same thing Darla does with saying he'd vote LG, but gets no flack. Kept the male icon, even though men are icky.
Why does your space devoted to SC mutate into a discussion of Falcone? Would you mind elaborating on your Falcone conclusions while we're there anyway? I disagree but am in the mood to be persuaded.
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:28 pm

Post by Mirth »

unvote:Mariyta
vote:Spacecase

I do not like the prospective Darla lynch. Yes she has not been playing, but she is not the most guilty of the nonplayers.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:41 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Mirth wrote:

I do not like the prospective Darla lynch. Yes she has not been playing, but she is not the most guilty of the nonplayers.
If DarlaBlueEyes does become more active, I will vote Spacecase, but until then I am not going to participate in the lurker lynching. I am still sure about Farside22.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Mirth »

What does Darla's activity have to do with Spacecase if you're voting Farside?
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:48 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Mirth wrote:What does Darla's activity have to do with Spacecase if you're voting Farside?
I am in support of a DBE deadline, IF she does not start participating, if she does, then Spacecase is the better choice for being non-helpful-participant. Were than I had more of a tangible case on Farside, I would be pushing it.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by nonny »

It's not just that she isn't participating, mirth, it's that she is doing so blatantly. Most of her posts are promises for more posts, or her saying she is too busy to post.

She need to post something legit by the deadline. If she does and it's satisfactory then I'll switch to spacecase.
*insert bad joke here*
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:44 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

Ok I reread, and this game is rather empty which is kind of sad

My 3p scum and 3p list, as gurgi suggested, in no particular order

scummy-ish

Spacecase (hasn't really been contibuting, but that's not all. I don't like his "glad I'm not miller" comment and the fact that he comments that he would lynch LG only after LG expresses suspicion on her.)
Mirth (something strikes me as off)
Mariyta (her vote on me as soon as Vivian voted me looked really bad, especially since she said herself that she's guilty of the same thing)

Town-ish

Lord Gurgi
ThAdmiral
Farside

So, for now
Vote: Spacecase

I'd have that over a darla lynch.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:56 am

Post by Mirth »

Why did you include a town list? Also what strikes you as off about me exactly? Are you only voting Spacecase because you think he's an alternative to Darla?

(Also happy bday)

Nonny: I think Xyzzy is much more prominent in that department.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:39 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
Mirth wrote:

If DarlaBlueEyes does become more active, I will vote Spacecase, but until then I am not going to participate in the lurker lynching. I am still sure about Farside22.
If you are going to push a case can you lay it out more then just gut if you want a response?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

farside22 wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Mirth wrote:

If you are going to push a case can you lay it out more then just gut if you want a response?
Lord Gurgi wrote:
Mirth wrote:What does Darla's activity have to do with Spacecase if you're voting Farside?
I am in support of a DBE deadline, IF she does not start participating, if she does, then Spacecase is the better choice for being non-helpful-participant. Were than I had more of a tangible case on Farside, I would be pushing it.
I believe I already answered that, I'm not pushing your wagon at the moment, not anymore than saying I'm sure at any rate, but as soon as you slip up, I'll be there. :)
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:26 pm

Post by farside22 »

Fine if you have a reason that you are sure about me can you give point on what it is that isn't gut?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Vivian Darkblaam wrote:
Mariyta wrote: Spacecase: Claimed Falcone was running the show, but looking at the posts, Falcone has posted very little in comparison to some others. Posts see fairly non-committal in most cases, trying to post just enough to seem helpful (sounds like me). Does the same thing Darla does with saying he'd vote LG, but gets no flack. Kept the male icon, even though men are icky.
Why does your space devoted to SC mutate into a discussion of Falcone? Would you mind elaborating on your Falcone conclusions while we're there anyway? I disagree but am in the mood to be persuaded.
One of the things that struck me as off about Spacecase was that he claimed Falcone was running the show (this was after Falcone voted him). Falcone has been fairly quiet when related to some others in the game. Only the first line of that section relates to Falcone. The rest is about Spacecase.

I don't really have any conclusions about Falcone. I got a "meh" feeling about him, nothing solid either way.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I believe I already answered that, I'm not pushing your wagon at the moment, not anymore than saying I'm sure at any rate, but as soon as you slip up, I'll be there. :)
I know I have you pegged as near-certain town, but this is just bad.
I hope you're joking or something.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:58 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

ThAdmiral wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:I believe I already answered that, I'm not pushing your wagon at the moment, not anymore than saying I'm sure at any rate, but as soon as you slip up, I'll be there. :)
I know I have you pegged as near-certain town, but this is just bad.
I hope you're joking or something.
Smiley = Joking. But Farside22's interest in my reasons is making me heavily doubt my suspicions.
Unvote; FoS Farside22
I generally don't use FoS's as I think they are useless, but at the moment they really convey my feelings.

I'm going to try and figure out who I want to vote for before the deadline gets here.
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:49 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

mirth wrote:Why did you include a town list? Also what strikes you as off about me exactly? Are you only voting Spacecase because you think he's an alternative to Darla?
Because Gurgi did too? I have no idea. It's gut. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes. I'd rather vote Mariyta, but that lynch isn't going to happen. And I'd rather have spacecase over DBE.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:35 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Mirth wrote:LG, I refuse to give a townlist as that would only help scum, and am not happy with you for asking for it. In light of the last few posts, my possibly scum list looks as follows:
That would be why, I wasn't aware of it, and I guess that means you aren't either, but it would also mean you aren't reading very closely.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”