Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:47 am

Post by windkirby »

Guys,
stop.
I think you're going about the jail thing the wrong way.

What if BB is a roleblocker and can kill as well as block? If Darla flips Godfather, have BB
not
jail me as proof and I'll investigate him. Charter will still protect me as usual. If Darla flips Roleblocker,
then
have BB jail me, and I'll know since I won't get a PM. Does this make sense?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:51 am

Post by charter »

I don't think I've ever been in a game where a RB can both RB and kill the same night, might be something to ask the
mod
first.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:01 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I'm back. Catching up later.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:43 am

Post by strife220 »

Asking the mod definitely won't solve that problem. It's basically asking him what BB's role is.

windkirby wrote:What if BB is a roleblocker and can kill as well as block? If Darla flips Godfather, have BB
not
jail me as proof and I'll investigate him. Charter will still protect me as usual. If Darla flips Roleblocker,
then
Lets say BB is scum RBer that can kill and RB. If we tell him to jailkeep you, he'll roleblock you and kill someone else - town gets no information. If we tell him to jailkeep someone else, he'll still roleblock you and kill someone else - town gets no information. If Darla is GF and scum can RB and kill, you won't get your investigation off either way. If scum Can't RB and kill, then town gains by forcing BB to jailkeep you - it prevents a townie death at night.

Yes, if Darla flips RB, BB jailkeeps you.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:02 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Read, confirmed, etc.

Star8 said, "Go ahead..."
Vote: Darla
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:25 am

Post by windkirby »

strife220 wrote:Asking the mod definitely won't solve that problem. It's basically asking him what BB's role is.

windkirby wrote:What if BB is a roleblocker and can kill as well as block? If Darla flips Godfather, have BB
not
then
Lets say BB is scum RBer that can kill and RB. If we tell him to jailkeep you, he'll roleblock you and kill someone else - town gets no information. If we tell him to jailkeep someone else, he'll still roleblock you and kill someone else - town gets no information. If Darla is GF and scum can RB and kill, you won't get your investigation off either way. If scum Can't RB and kill, then town gains by forcing BB to jailkeep you - it prevents a townie death at night.

Yes, if Darla flips RB, BB jailkeeps you.
I'm trying desperately to understand this but am failing miserably. Have we decided that BB is jailing me no matter what, or is it contingent on what Darla flips? If it is, what is he doing for what role?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:24 pm

Post by sthar8 »

If Darla flips scum of any flavor, BB needs to jail you. If he's lying, you'll get your investigation, and there is a possibility that we'll have no kill. If he's telling the truth, you'll be blocked, we'll know that he has at least a RB ability, and there is a possibility of no kill. It proves nothing about BB's alignment, but if he's assigned to block you and he's scum, it would be suicide for him to let you die. If Darla flips RB and you get your investigation, we kill and eat BB.

If Darla flips town, BB targets someone else on the chance that he either RBs the RB or gets a successful protect, since we gain no info from him blocking you. This will allow charter to target you, keeping you safe and possibly netting another investigation. Who BB and you each target should be kept personal until tomorrow, to prevent scum from changing who sends the kill, killing around protects, or killing confirmable townies.

I was expecting some questions about my claim list, and a defense from darla, but I guess that both of those are essentially irrelevant at this point. It does tickle me that you were apparantly waiting for my permission to hammer, BB :wink:
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:25 pm

Post by strife220 »

^^

Sthar8 is correct
Someone hammer please and thank you
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:46 pm

Post by sthar8 »

I thought BB had already done so, but just in case
Vote: DarlaBlueEyes
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:24 pm

Wait, who the hell was it that said my Chicken post had anything to do with being townie?

I SOFT CLAIMED A POWER ROLE YESTERDAY!

I just remembered this and got very pissed off. (Something kept telling me this didn't make sense.)

FoS whoever it was, and I post this before thread is locked.
Show
6-4-1
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:31 pm

Post 520: (Cut out irrelevant argument)
Beyond_Birthday wrote:
Okay, so
Unvote
. I have no problems waiting.

@strife220: Okay, some of us has to be like the 0%vig, because I will go ahead and soft claim a power role. That makes 4 claims on power roles, which is enormous for a 12 person town. Plus, there is the confirmed Jack of all Seasonings... That makes five:
Doc
Cop
Jack-confirmed (Liam)
????-strife
????-BB

So, realistically, someone is lying, or someone is actually powerless...

Still, I don't really think that Cop can really be sane at this point. (But what if the mod is screwing with us and Cop was sane and we were just bamboozled XDDD)

I am going to look over yesterday for Muertto, 'cause to be honest, I still think of him as highly suspect.
So, if that was aimed at Strife, (the rest of the argument included), how did you miss it?

FoS:Strife
strife220 wrote:EBWOP: "On a similar note" in the above post doesn't fit after I moved things around. I felt this deserves a post of it's own.

Beyond_Birthday wrote:*Waits for CWR*
Actually, if people really thought about what I said, and the fact that I am "Chicken flavor," it should be pretty obvious what my role could be.
Woah... incredibly suspicious post. It should be obvious what your role is? ... Jailer? It's obvious chicken is jailer? Look like BB was planning on claiming Vanilla but CWR has implied that he's the only vanilla. You got some 'splaining to do BB.
I really planned on claiming vanilla, after soft claiming a power role?

Yeah, that makes sense....
:roll:
Sorry, but totally loving the Food & Strife scum team.
Show
6-4-1
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:52 pm

Post by melikefood »

I don't quite get it here.
You claimed Chicken Flavor after Muerrto's Lynch, and said it was obvious as to what it should be.

I didn't think Jailer would be an associated power role for the Chicken Flavor.
I'd think it would be something like a Hider.

The claim being really off is what I find suspicious.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:15 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Actually, I was thinking that BB's flavor makes more sense as a doctor. Of course, I think charter's flavor makes more sense as a JOAT, and Liam's flavor should have been an SK, so I'm not putting much faith in that line of reasoning.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:04 am

Wow, Sthar said something that made sense.

And for the umpteenth time, people focus too much on "Chicken" and not "Chicken flavored ramen" which does equal, more or less, chicken noodle soup. *I* don't know why I am not doctor, but my point is how in seven hells strife thought I was supposedly going to claim VILLAGER?!?!?

*sighs*

w/e... This can kind of wait till tomorrow...
Although, I do love how food jumped in as soon as I threw up the idea that he is possible scum with Strife...
Show
6-4-1
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:30 am

Post by strife220 »

This conversation will be a lot more fulfilling after Darla flips scum
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

VC here.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:29 am

Post by windkirby »

I still don't see how chicken-flavored ramen makes someone think "jailer" in an obvious way.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:35 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

sthar8 wrote: BB: I don't care who you protect if Darla is innocent, so long as it is not WK or charter. I would request the block on me in order to force scum to WIFOM with a no-kill or prove that I do not send in mafia kills, but there are too many variables for that evidence to mean anything. Besides, having three unkillable townies instead of two, especially if the third one is possibly a surprise with the potential to block the kill on either the sender or receiver's side, is too advantageous to give up.
Whoa. Does no one else think this is incredibly suspicious? First, Sthar says if he is jailed it would force the scum to WIFOM. To me, it sounds like he's preparing a WIFOM defense for if he is jailed and can't kill anyone.

I don't like this post.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:45 am

Post by sthar8 »

Ok, so lets look at that quote in context.

First, I said:
On the other hand, if BB continues to protect me, scum may try to increase suspicion on me by no-killing or targetting WK on the off chance that charter doesn't protect him. If WK dies, there is less suspicion on me and we lose a cop. If he lives, which is more likely, we have a second night without kills and there is a slightly greater amount of suspicion on me. This does not bother me at all, as fewer kills means more chances for the town.'
Then, after BB asks who to protect if Darla is town:
BB: I don't care who you protect if Darla is innocent, so long as it is not WK or charter. I would request the block on me in order to force scum to WIFOM with a no-kill or prove that I do not send in mafia kills, but there are
too many variables for that evidence to mean anything. Besides, having three unkillable townies instead of two, especially if the third one is possibly a surprise with the potential to block the kill on either the sender or receiver's side, is too advantageous to give up.
Emphasis added.

If I needed a WIFOM defense to escape blame for nightkills, I would have already needed to use it today. I think that the fact that I still live shows that most of the players have already independantly determined that the odds of a scum that is not me accidentally trying to kill someone who is protected are greater than or equal to the odds of me being RB'd scum. Since I do not have a killing ability,
I
know that any suspicion arising from nightkills is indeed the result of WIFOM, although the use of that term applied to suspicions of me says literally nothing about any defense I might present. Also, with the pro-town strength of my role, I can expect scum to cast suspicion on me any way they can, especially if I'm seeming pro-town, since they can't just NK me. I was hoping to combat this by using a block on me to reduce suspicion, but I realized that there is a greater protown advantage to another course of action.

In the first of these two posts, I was thinking about how the small amount of concern that my RB-ing may have prevented a kill could be assauged. I realized that if I were blocked by BB and WK still didn't get his investigation, but there were still a kill, The odds of me being scum in your eyes would go down significantly. Unfortunately, if the scum guessed that I were RB'd, they could simply target WK. If WK was protected, we learn nothing about my alignment. If WK dies, due to charter trying to outguess scum or some other odd circumstance, then my appearance matters much less, as the cop is dead. I announced that I would be OK with any of these outcomes, even if they cast more suspicion on me, and felt that I should be a part of the pool from which BB chose his night action in the event of Darla's innocence.

By the second quoted post, however, I had realized that being blocked while a kill went off wouldn't clear me. This doesn't mean that there is no reason to jail me, but I believe that BB jailing someone other than me maximizes the use of our potentially protective roles, and gives us the greatest chance of blocking a kill. Ultimately, I leave the choice up to BB if Darla is a townie, but I thought that he shouldn't be left with a flawed argument as the last he'd heard from me on the subject.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:16 pm

Why has day not ended yet....

And I do like the clarification from Sthar8, but none of this affects me immediately. All and all, I am just curious about why day hasn't ended. So, checking in!
Show
6-4-1
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:35 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount #1

Darla [5] (Strife, Windkirby, Charter, ClockworkRuse, Melikefood)

BB [1] (Darla)

Not Voting [2] (Sthar8, B_B)

Sorry for the delay. I'm going to let any strikes slide from that day, it seemed active enough.

DarlaBlueEyes, Maruchan Instant Lunch, Bottom Ramen Godfather, lynched day three.

You know the deal.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:58 am

Post by Flameaxe »

This will be updated the next chance I get. The past few days have been a bit busy for me.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:33 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Night actions were processed, not fresh in my head anymore though. Will open the word doc after I check the rest of my games. Very sorry for the delay.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Night Three:

Windkirby, Oriental Ramen, Cop, killed night three.

Six alive, four to lynch.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:34 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Vote: BB

Obviously you didn't Jail WK as you were told and agreed to and with this kill you've done everything in your power to destroy any proof of your innocence.

I also fail to see why Charter didn't protect WK either way but for the time being BB is the better lynch in my mind.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”