melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by melikefood »

Vote Darla

Because of your sketchy roleclaim and your deleted PM.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:49 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

strife220 wrote:
charter wrote:@strife, Flameaxe is V/LA for a while so I don't know when we're going to get a votecount or end of the day.
Are mine and Sthar8's names/avatars really That similar?

Your logic on who is scum depending on what Darla flips is backwards. If Darla flips town, that means CWR is either definitely town, or has a copy of the plain, dry ramen role-PM
No, I have no idea why people keep doing that. It is kind of funny though.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:59 pm

Post by strife220 »

Forgot I asked for a votecount myself. Sthar8 asked for one in the post immediately preceeding yours too, charter

Darla is L-1 by my count
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by charter »

Oh, I must have missed that. I was in a rush before. I had something I meant to address in my last post, but I can't remember it now. Hopefully it comes back to me.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

First:
Okay, so I give you chicken ramen to eat. And, you take your sweet time to eat it, so you can't do anything that night. I apparently give people chicken noodle soup, not that they eat me. I am a great jailer chef! yay!

Second:
Anyway, I don't like all this reasoning that gives me a 66% chance of being scum.

Third:
Um, actually, I I keep thinking sthar is a girl because Sthar-->star (minus H), and that seems like a girls name.

Fourth:
Yeah, strife and Sthar, I remember things by name, not avatar. So, when I think of that S name, I might type the wrong one. And Strife, definitely a male's name. Dunno what Sthar is supposed to be... sorry guy.

Fifth:
I have no objections, so who should I jail?
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:10 am

Post by charter »

Second, if you don't like it, you'd best try and prove it wrong. Saying you don't like it isn't going to convince anyone you're scum.

Fifth, don't tell the scum who they can't kill tonight...

On a related note (and what I forgot yesterday)
strife220 wrote:I'd rather lynch Darla today because she's more likely to be scum (two plain dry raman?? deleted PM??). If BB is role-blocker, there isn't much damage he can do given the claimed roles. We have the ability to direct him as well, where he would be forced to role-block instead of make a kill (if RB can't do both). For example, if we lynch Darla and she flips Godfather, have BB jail the cop. If he's RBer, he'll be forced to use his RB instead of perform the kill (if that's how mechanics work with the RB role here). It also allows the doc to choose a different protection target.
How does this allow me to protect someone else exactly?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:11 am

Post by charter »

That should be

Second, if you don't like it, you'd best try and prove it wrong. Saying you don't like it isn't going to convince anyone you're
NOT
scum.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:28 am

Post by strife220 »

If BB protects the Cop, you can protect anyone you please. Regardless of if BB is scum or town, he's forced to 'protect' (or pretend to protect) WK, so WK won't get killed. The only person open to target is you, Charter, and scum seem to have a weird thing against killing you - perhaps because you have 2 strikes.

This only applies if Darla flips GF. If Darla flips RB, then we're even better off - BB should be able to prove his Jailkeeping ability because WK shouldn't get a night result.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:16 am

Post by charter »

Ah. I see. I I take back my answer to your fifth question then BB.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:48 am

Post by sthar8 »

Way back in the early 90s, when I learned to operate the Internet, the military (at least the base I was on) was in the habit of assigning account names. Mine was the first two letters of my first name, then the first three letters of my last name, then the number 8, since I was the eighth user to be signed up on an account with those particulars. Since my birthday is the 8th, and my school ID number at the time (which was pretty useless, given that there were only about 15 students) was 8, I decided I liked the convenience of the screen name. I've been using it ever since, excepting an unfortunate period when a girlfriend changed it to compliment hers.

Also, the little symbol next to "gender" under each person's avatar is generally a safe guide when attempting to determine the sex of an internet entity.

I'm waiting on the mod before I vote, but I think Darla is a good plan. If she flips town, however, I think that BB should target somebody other than WK, on the slight chance that either the GF can't submit kills, or the RB decides to target someone else. I also think BB should target someone other than me, since I don't need his protection and if he's town that leaves only two targets for scum.

On the other hand, if BB continues to protect me, scum may try to increase suspicion on me by no-killing or targetting WK on the off chance that charter doesn't protect him. If WK dies, there is less suspicion on me and we lose a cop. If he lives, which is more likely, we have a second night without kills and there is a slightly greater amount of suspicion on me. This does not bother me at all, as fewer kills means more chances for the town.'

All of this is very unlikely, and I find it probable that Darla will flip scum, but we should be prepared in any case.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:20 am

Post by windkirby »

Here for my daily post to prevent a third strike. No real change of opinion, I don't really cared if I get jailed or not. It's really up to you guys.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:52 am

Post by sthar8 »

WK, just remember that if we do decide to jail you, you still need to pick a target and submit, otherwise we gain significantly less information. :)
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:03 am

Post by melikefood »

The jailer shouldn't protect Charter or WK since they need to use their roles in the night.
Other than that, I'd be fine with anything.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by strife220 »

If Darla flips scum, why shouldn't the jailer target the cop tonight? There will only be one scum left, and the cop investigation is not particularly useful at this point when it seems like BB is third scum. There are no other roles that can confirm BB's ability to block tonight.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by sthar8 »

In fact, Food, BB would
need
to use his ability on the cop because that's the only way we can confirm he used it. Otherwise, if he's scum, he can just kill someone other than his protect target and claim to have blocked/protected, and we'd never know.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:13 pm

Post by melikefood »

Okay, That makes sense.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

I'm here and I agree that BB should attempt to jail WK.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by strife220 »

Need BB to confirm

BB: If Darla flips scum, target WK. Confirm?
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:36 pm

Oh, yes, I can confirm. Trust me, I read and pay attention since I am not really going to be able to do anything else useful at this point. And I just was going to point out that my protection comes at a price:

If I save you, you can't use your role.

However, since this has been pointed out as semi irrelevant, I will jail WK as soon as night comes. However, assume that Darla flips town, who should I target?

*I will quickly reread to see if this was mentioned, should night come prematurely.*

And I dunno where votes are so:

MOD: Could you vote count when you return?

Finally:

Sthar8: I usually consider gender/icons all to be irrelevant. However, that story will definitely be kept in my memory for a much longer amount of time, and I will probably recall the correct name between you two at least.

*Bows* My apologies.

In any case, I will redirect my question: Sthar8, should I protect anyone other than WK or Charter (or yourself) if Darla flips town, or do you have someone specific in mind? (I have no problems, as I have a decent idea who to target otherwise..., just wondering if you had a particular idea.
Show
6-4-1
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:49 pm

Post by strife220 »

Darla's at L-1. Flameaxe is afk until tomorrow.

If Darla flips town, I think anybody but WK, Charter, and Sthar8 should be jailed - don't say who. Doc protects cop. Cop chooses his own investigation target.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:43 pm

Cool, then I have the person in mind already.

In any case,
Unvote

Forgot to do that Strife.

Hm..., I won't hammer, unless you people want me to. In rereading, I read something about worrying about an abrupt end to today, so I am definitely going to wait for the OK before voting, mostly due to current suspicions on me.
Show
6-4-1
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Post by strife220 »

I don't have a problem with ending the day early. No reason to wait out the deadline if we aren't going to start talking about something different. We can bring up the BB issue tomorrow when we know Darla's role and the jailkeep outcome
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:50 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Actually, I was just waiting for the mod to come back and post a VC before hammering. It was an arbitrary decision on my part intended to give a definite deadline so that everyone could air whatever business they needed to before the lynch. In particular I assumed Darla would attempt a defense, but that seems to not be happening. I intend to hammer as soon as the mod gets back, but you can feel free to do so sooner if you wish. I'm basically just bearing out my implied promise at this point.

BB: I don't care who you protect if Darla is innocent, so long as it is not WK or charter. I would request the block on me in order to force scum to WIFOM with a no-kill or prove that I do not send in mafia kills, but there are too many variables for that evidence to mean anything. Besides, having three unkillable townies instead of two, especially if the third one is possibly a surprise with the potential to block the kill on either the sender or receiver's side, is too advantageous to give up.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:08 am

Post by charter »

I don't really see what else there is to discuss today. There's no sense in planning out two scenarios based off what alignment Darla is, just wait until D4 when we know for sure. Hammer away.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”