Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:21 am

Post by farside22 »

This game is now on priority and I am rereading today.
Mod: Can we just get a mass prod
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:53 am

Post by Mirth »

I don't need proddage, I'm hear and waiting for people to respond to the recently posed questions that LG and I left.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:16 am

Post by Falcone »

I don't need a prod either. I'm following the game and I'm happy with where my vote is (that would be Spacecase). I would like to clarify, however, the reasons for my vote, since several people seem to assume it is "merely" a lurker vote, which isn’t quite accurate.

I first voted Spacecase in #178, because he hadn’t, up to that point, done anything other than discussing general mafia theory and hadn’t expressed an opinion about any other player. I found (and still find) that to be suspicious behaviour. I suppose you could call this a lurker vote, but only if you understand “lurker” as someone who’s posting, but tries to avoid coming under suspicion by not taking a stance on anything, as opposed to someone who just doesn’t post.

Spacecase reaction (#191) was, in my opinion, very interesting. After being asked to give her opinion on others, he chose to comment on three players:

(1)
Spacecase wrote:Farside22: Really hard to figure out if she is scummy or not due to her game play. Which makes it hard for me at least to make an assessment.
This isn’t an opinion at all, it’s just a roundabout way of saying he doesn’t want to take a stance on farside22. This comment can easily be construed as a subtle defence of farside22, who I said I was suspicious of and who I only unvoted because I didn’t get enough support.

(2)
Spacecase wrote:Falcone: You seem to be running the conversation which is kinda scary. It's a plausible thought to say that he could be a scum figure.
I find this an odd comment as well. No doubt one could attack me for various things I have said in this game, but saying that “running the conversation” equals “possible scum” is weird and, frankly, false. If you disagree with me or are suspicious of me, you need to give reasons, otherwise this is just not-so-subtle OMGUS.

(3)
Spacecase wrote:FaerireLord: Kinda suspicious that you are defending Farside22. That's all i need to say about that
... and again a comment relating to farside22, with a weird cryptic comment at the end. What FaerieLord actually did (#160) was saying that I was “stretching really hard to find something scummy about farside”. If Spacecase suspects me, and is unsure about farside22’s alignment, then why does he think it is suspicious for FaerieLord to defend farside22 against my attack?

These three comments make me suspect a connection between Spacecase and farside22 (probably in part because I am already suspicious of both of them for other reasons).

Spacecase’s next posts don’t make me feel better about him either. When questioned by Mirth about his reasons for voting me, he goes from suspecting me to not having a clue over the course of two posts. After that, when repeatedly asked who he would lynch if he had to choose right then, he chooses Lord Gurgi, who had just said he would kill Spacecase if he had to choose. Another case of OMGUS, more blatant than the first.

So in summary, I think Spacecase is a good lynch for today.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:54 am

Post by farside22 »

Here we go:
DarlaBlueEyes - post 41 bringing up other game for vote. Find miller claim BS. Post 48 bitterness or revenge. Is the comment because of the other game or for other reasons? Post 80 suggest lynching LG if no one comes around as scummy. Post 140 states she caught up but adds nothing of her observations. Post 159 doesnt' really seen like she has a view on who is scum on her own.
xyzzy - made 2 post in all. 1st one random vote other is saying Mariyta is protown and he doesn't like me and neutral on everyone else.
nonny - post 78 seems like a wishy washy post. It was like a post with really no substance.
ThAdmiral - post 70 agrees with miller claim d1, but doesn't mean LG is lying. Post 85 feels the flavor of LG is more townie. What changed your mind from one post to the other?
Mirth - when you asked LG about his claim why would you think he was joking? Do you think he put that much time into doing a picture with a claim?
Why would you question FL about his vote then comment about the fact he unvoted?
Mariyta - post 60 she states she isn't familiar with miller role so if she is unfamiliar like I was why not read up more on it? Post 95 has nothing to say. Post 121 I understand the not overreacting part, but why not add to the conversation? Post 130: What would happen if no one added nothing or did anything in a mafia game. Do you think sitting in the game and not contributing helps?

overall I still find DBE scummy for her post and she still isn't contributing jack to anything. I get what Mariyta is saying on the overreacting because I have overreacted in the past and got emotional about things so I don't think that is a point, but the lack of contrabution is bad. Speaking of lack of contrabution how is it that zz has 2 post and just lurkers away.

unvote:
vote DBE
FOS: ZZ
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:23 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

I'm also quite comfortable my vote right now. But Spacecase is quickly climbing his way up my suspicion ladder.

I do not like how neither Falcone or Farside actually answered my question.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Mirth »

Farside: I asked because of the role name. And I asked FL about the vote and commented about the unvote because I cared more about his reactions than his answers.

Do you think your case on Darla is very strong? Or are you trying to cast her in a bad light because of said other game?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:59 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:I'm also quite comfortable my vote right now. But Spacecase is quickly climbing his way up my suspicion ladder.

What is your question?

@Mirth: Based on my reading in the game and just what I feel scum do in typical situation do I have issues with DBE. It is the well if no one is is scummy then we should lynch LG. I know she is around and posting elsewhere, but the fact that she is avoiding actual participation in this game after some of the heat is off of her leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:03 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

farside22 wrote:
Lord Gurgi wrote:I'm also quite comfortable my vote right now. But Spacecase is quickly climbing his way up my suspicion ladder.

What is your question?

@Mirth: Based on my reading in the game and just what I feel scum do in typical situation do I have issues with DBE. It is the well if no one is is scummy then we should lynch LG. I know she is around and posting elsewhere, but the fact that she is avoiding actual participation in this game after some of the heat is off of her leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
List of Suspicions, if you please.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:05 am

Post by nonny »

farside: I like how you take one post and use that. I know I havn't been posting a lot but I have more than that one post. My stance on miller claim isn't strong because i've yet to have a game finsih that I was in with a miller, so I'm not even sure what my stance is.

Falcone's case makes sense.
*insert bad joke here*
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
farside22 wrote:

What is your question?

List of Suspicions, if you please.
What is my post 228 if not my suspicions?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:21 am

Post by Mirth »

nonny wrote:farside: I like how you take one post and use that. I know I havn't been posting a lot but I have more than that one post. My stance on miller claim isn't strong because i've yet to have a game finsih that I was in with a miller, so I'm not even sure what my stance is.

Falcone's case makes sense.
Do you have a stance of your own on anything yet? If you do, could you please share it?
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:29 am

Post by nonny »

i have had opinions on topics and have shared them. I have nothing new that I havn't already shared.
*insert bad joke here*
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:42 am

Post by Mirth »

So far you have nine posts, in those nine posts, the only opinions you have expressed are as follows:
- you dont know what you'd do as a miller or what to think of miller claims
- you dont like meta gaming
- you don't like the phrasing on one of my sentences.
- you apparently agree with Falcone but not enough to vote. (speaking of, you're not voting)

That is pretty much it. I'd like to hear who you'd vote for if you absolutely had to vote right now.
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:09 am

Post by nonny »

If i had to vote it would probably be for spacecase because I want to hear more about that. I'm not going to vote however just to have a vote. I understand your point and I am trying to contribute more but right now I don't have anything new to say that hasn't been said.
*insert bad joke here*
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:55 pm

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

Mirth wrote:Viv (is your name a Lolita reference?) why not answer the questions left by me or LG?
Kinda. I believe "Vivian Darkbloom" is a pseudonymn used by Claire Quilty, but it's more significant as an anagram for Vladimir Nabokov and for being the name under which he annotates Ada. I've made some modifications to it to suit my... personal style.

I'll break my scumlist into players I suspect for their content and players I suspect for their lack of content. Both lists go from most scummy to least scummy. The releative scuminess of players on different lists is up in the air.

For their content:
-Farside: She has a bit of a point on DBE (see below), but Falcone's trumps hers. Her accusations of Darla are opportunisitc and completely outside the bounds of natural scumhunting. When someone puts a player's
random vote
in their case, you know something's up.
-DBE: Lots of noncommital one-liners. This is frustrating for me and makes her a difficult read. I'm having a hard time assigning a coherent thought pattern to her opinions, and that would imply something other than reasoning is driving her actions, but that could just be my fault, not hers.

For their lack of content:
-Nonny should know better. You may read Mirth's above posts on the subject, she has it down pretty well. When, 8 pages into a game, a seasoned player comes out with "I'm not finding anything overly suspicous, nor anything overly town", you know something's up.
-Spacecase: Taking on the behavior of the classic trapped lurker. Self-concious enough to provide meager content after Falcone's lurker round-up, but still doing his darndest to avoid committing or scumhunting. Could be newbishness though.
-FaerieLord: I barely even notice she's here. A quick isolation just shows a lot of fluff. That's not good.
-Mariyta: The clock is just about to wind down.

Has no read because they should have been replaced by now:
Xyzzy

I wouldn't be comfortable answering the "insta-lynch" question right now as so many of the players I'm eyeing I have insufficient information on. I could pick Farside right now, but what do I do if FL responds particuarlly scummily to this?
Unvote; Vote: FaerieLord
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Had a chance to do a re-read. I focused on the people who felt scummy to me for one reason or another (and ended up reading pretty much everyone in the process of cross-referencing and such). Here's what I came up with:

Vivian
: I think the reason I felt she was scummy was an OMGUS thing. Seems to have a thing with clocks and ticking.

Darla
: She's never really serious about much. She's very non-committal (says the pot to the kettle).

Spacecase
: Claimed Falcone was running the show, but looking at the posts, Falcone has posted very little in comparison to some others. Posts see fairly non-committal in most cases, trying to post just enough to seem helpful (sounds like me). Does the same thing Darla does with saying he'd vote LG, but gets no flack. Kept the male icon, even though men are icky.

Farside
: Missed the difference between recruiter and recruit, even posted "recruit" in one of her posts; this could be a slightly scummy move, depending on how you look at it. Totally overreacted to Darla, but didn't say a word to Spacecase for doing the same thing; opportunistic vote, maybe? Spelled my name right, so that's a plus.

FaerieLord
: Seems to have disappeared, very little contribution (oh, wait... me again.)

xyzzy
: Um, yeah... two posts. Needs to be replaced.

The rest of the people come across as pro-town to me, or else I don't get a good enough read to make anything of it.

Vote Spacecase
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:22 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Actually,
Unvote, Vote FaerieLord
for now. Something just gnaws at me as scum trying to hide.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Mirth »

Nah, not Quilty's pseudonym, his friend who only gets passing mentions. Have not read Ada though.

So you're voting FL because you're not comfortable putting more pressure on Farside, DBE, Nonny, or Spacecase? Is that the gist of it? Why?

(P.S. FL is secretly male)
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:30 pm

Post by Mirth »

Mariyta: what exactly? reasons, please? Or are you just blindly following Viv?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Mariyta wrote:
FaerieLord
: Seems to have disappeared, very little contribution (oh, wait... me again.)
and
Mariyta wrote:Something just gnaws at me as scum trying to hide.
After re-reading everything I wrote, something makes me feel stronger about a vote for FL.
-Susan Ertz

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Mirth »

Then why not vote for Nonny or Spacecase or Xyzzy who also aren't really contributing and have at some point dissapeared? Why FL exactly?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:06 pm

Post by Mariyta »

It's a gut feeling. As I said, twice, something inside made me think a vote for FL was the right way to go. If I knew why, I would've said so.
-Susan Ertz

nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by nonny »

Mirth: you are kind of a nag....lol j.k

I never disappeared, I've had announced v/la but that is about it...I have been reading at the begining the game was moving faster than I was. I'm actually too wondering why I don't have strong suspects...guess that means I need to read the thread...again >.> will do so shortly.
*insert bad joke here*
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by Mirth »

Nonny, I'm not faulting you for being away. I'm faulting Mariyta's use use of logic in picking suspects here. And yes, I am a nag.

Mariyta: do you think a gut feeling without anything to back it up, is valid for lynching?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:35 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Mirth wrote:Nonny, I'm not faulting you for being away. I'm faulting Mariyta's use use of logic in picking suspects here. And yes, I am a nag.

Mariyta: do you think a gut feeling without anything to back it up, is valid for lynching?
No, but it's not the lynching vote, now is it? People like you are the reason I keep quiet most of the time. I told you why, but it's not good enough. You just want more and more. Sorry I even bothered.
-Susan Ertz

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”