strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:57 am

Post by strife220 »

EBWOP

Might as well get to business.
Vote: Darla

The claim is terrible and deleting your PM is incredibly convenient. Everybody should be able to agree on this one.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:58 am

Post by strife220 »

3 posts in a row...

@Charter: CWR claimed plain dry raman. Darla then Also claimed plain dry raman. Unless you think the scum-team is CWR and Darla (all townies have powerroles?), how do you explain CWRs claim?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:18 am

Post by charter »

I already said, the only people I'm really suspicious of are CWR, Darla, and BB. So I think it's entirely possible that it's CWR and Darla. I think when I voted, CWR had one other vote and I don't think Darla had any, so I put the second one on CWR. I have no problem lynching Darla, like you said, her claim has been horrible, just like Muerrto's. If the Darla wagon is the one that is favored, I'll jump on that one, but when I voted it was CWR's.
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:09 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

Strife, did you completely miss my EBWOP where I said "Oh, and food should be on that list?"

*Head slams desk*

Anyway, I will leave you alone for now, but I really don't suspect CWR at all. He made the claim first, and as far as a vanilla in a ramen game goes, it makes a lot of sense. It is literally flavorless, which means he is probably a real townie. Darla, on the other hand, claimed second, putting her as suspect. Also, the way CWR claimed makes me think that he was saying that the real flavor of vanilla ramen is "plain, dry ramen." (ie, not chicken. BTW, the fact that after mass claim that there is ONLY one chicken should be like saying: HEY, CHICKEN CLAIM IS REAL! but, I will argue this point later.)

Second, I still, absolutely do like Food and Strife for a scum team, mostly based on the fact that Strife always leaves crap out of my statements. (And finally, I said it should be fairly obvious what my role COULD BE. Obviously it ISN'T vanilla town, was my point, but you know what, still going to argue this later.)

So, current suspects:

Food and Strife

Darla and ??? (could be CWR, but not seeing how we have no townies and how his claim, being first, isn't sensible. Additionally, I lightly suspect Darla because we should, probably, have two.)

Finally, I lightly suspect Sthar8 because of the BP claim being a tad safe, (and the described method of being BP was a little absurd), but also her quick change from thinking I am BP to not really bugs me. Maybe she just saw Strife's argument and liked it. I dunno, but she definitely isn't *way* up there on the scum list.

In any case, STRIFE! IF YOU ARE READING MY POSTS SO CAREFULLY, HOW DO YOU KEEP MISSING BITS HERE AND THERE!?!?!?!? <---main point.... o.O
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:46 am

Post by melikefood »

I don't have any recruitment powers, if that's what you're asking about.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:53 am

Post by windkirby »

vote: Darla

Sorry if you're really telling the truth, but honestly it just seems to convenient to be genuine.

And BB, it's a simple question:
How does
chicken
equal
jailer
?
No semantics arguments, here: you said it should be OBVIOUS what it could be, but chicken being jailer is not obvious in the
least.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:55 am

Post by charter »

unvote CWR, vote Darla
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:02 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

right, well, can't say I wasn't expecting this.

I too am not sure how chicken=jailer it seems like chicken would more likely be a doc or some sort of healing/reviving role.

I assume I am the lynch for today because i deleted that damn pm D:

But if I live on I'd be happy to subject myself to an investigation or whatnot,

on that note
vote:BB
seems a bit contrived to me honestly...sorry :/
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:20 am

Post by charter »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:But if I live on I'd be happy to subject myself to an investigation or whatnot
cough godfather cough
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:21 am

Post by charter »

Even if you aren't the godfather, it would be all too easy for WK to not get another pm, and buy you another day.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:34 am

Post by melikefood »

I'm sorry, but didn't BB claim Chicken Jailer?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:37 am

Post by charter »

melikefood wrote:I'm sorry, but didn't BB claim Chicken Jailer?
Yes, your point?
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 am

Post by melikefood »

charter wrote:
melikefood wrote:I'm sorry, but didn't BB claim Chicken Jailer?
Yes, your point?
Why is WK voting Darla then?
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:48 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Vote: Darla

I figured that you would use that as you last resort defense. If you really did delete your pm, then I suggest that you always keep your Role PM.

The answer to the question really isn't that important anymore but if anyone wants to ask me to answer it go ahead.

Charter, has my claim made you feel that I'm more town? I understand that you still suspect me, and to be honest, I expect it and am VERY glad that you still do. That is a plus in my book for you being pro town as you should always suspect people regardless of claim, but is it more suspicion, less, or the same?

BB, I don't like any post that says 'I think XXXX is town.' To me, it's buddying and honestly, I find your claim a little unbelievable. Here's why;
First, everyone look at Kiwi's role.
Creamy Chicken.
I don't think the mod would use the role name Chicken twice in this game. Notice how even the masons had different roles. In fact, after this massclaim I am almost absolutely certain that each player had a different role in this game.

Second, the method doesn't make much sense at all. When the method is compared to everyone else, Creamy Chicken 'creamed people', Shrimp can hide underwater, Oriental Ramen is highly intelligent. You get eaten. I would like everyone to make note the difference between the flavors here.

We are playing as these 'Ramen' noodles. However, each noodle is presented as if we are that bunch of noodles and that we are trained or have special abilities. Apparently people eat you, which doesn't fit into the flavoring style at all.

As for why we have individual roles,everyone read your role PMs. It doesn't seem like it gives the possibility of anyone else having the same role, in my opinion. The sentence that BBM doesn't like me makes me think that. [This is also the answer to that question before.]

So in conclusion, I'm in favor of a Darla and BB scum team.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 am

Post by melikefood »

Misread on my part XD
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:16 am

Post by strife220 »

Yea Darla asking to be investigate is another scum-tell, given that scum possibly have a godfather and, failing that, some sort of roleblocking ability.

@CWR: I obviously agree with the Darla BB scum-team, but I don't udnerstand your first point. Kiwi's role is Creamy Chicken, so BB can't be plain chicken? Food is Spicy Chicken. Just because they have the same word doesn't mean they're the same role.

@BB: Sorry, I apparently did skim your EBWOP. It doesn't have much of an effect on my opinion, however. Implying that I'm scum because I 'keep missing your points' is a pretty big stretch. As far as I remember this is the only thing I actually missed, and the others just weren't relevant to whatever I was talking about. Also this:
Beyond_Birthday wrote:And finally, I said it should be fairly obvious what my role COULD BE. Obviously it ISN'T vanilla town
still makes zero sense. If it does make sense, please fill in the blank:
"Based on my name-claim of Chicken Raman and my previous statements, it is fairly obvious that my role COULD be _________"

@Charter: The biggest problem with a CWR and Darla scumteam is that everybody else must be telling the truth (overpowered town), and CWR and Darla just couldn't come up with anything better than both claiming vanilla. It's a fairly unreasonable scum-team, as far as I can tell.

I think we're getting close to a lynch here, so
Mod: Vote count please
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:18 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

strife220 wrote: @CWR: I obviously agree with the Darla BB scum-team, but I don't udnerstand your first point. Kiwi's role is Creamy Chicken, so BB can't be plain chicken? Food is Spicy Chicken. Just because they have the same word doesn't mean they're the same role.
Food is Spicy Chicken? Then excuse that point, as it is obviously wrong.

However, do you agree that the flavor of his claim seems to be off?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:55 am

Post by strife220 »

BB is chicken and is therefore the jailkeeper? Or that others 'use' their ramen powers while BB gets eaten himself?
It's certainly weird, but I don't think it should be used as a major strike against him. It's pretty hard for a mod to pick completely logical names for all their roles, and some games I've been in the connection between flavor and ability have been essentially nil. Food and I learned to communicate using our 'spicy powers.'

I think the much bigger issue here is the convenience of his claim (especially jailing sthar8), his lack of counter-claiming Muerrto, and the bumbling soft-claim that in no way matched 'jailkeeper.' He fits a scum profile very well.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

strife220 wrote:BB is chicken and is therefore the jailkeeper? Or that others 'use' their ramen powers while BB gets eaten himself?
It's certainly weird, but I don't think it should be used as a major strike against him. It's pretty hard for a mod to pick completely logical names for all their roles, and some games I've been in the connection between flavor and ability have been essentially nil. Food and I learned to communicate using our 'spicy powers.'

I think the much bigger issue here is the convenience of his claim (especially jailing sthar8), his lack of counter-claiming Muerrto, and the bumbling soft-claim that in no way matched 'jailkeeper.' He fits a scum profile very well.
I'm not saying that it's a major strike, but it seems like FlameAxe has been pretty consistent that we actually use our powers and that our role name is just to add a little bit of flavoring. To me, it just doesn't add up.

And obviously, I agree with you that the timing and way that he claimed is strange.

And I've been wondering why it would have been dangerous to false-claim my name but not my role, to try to catch scum copying me. Would I be lynched if I called that person out? To me, it seems like a pretty pro-town reason to lie.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by strife220 »

There are lots of cases where townies have chosen to lie. More often than not, it does more harm than good. If you lied but successfully caught scum, then obviously that's a good thing. A more likely situation is you lie, don't catch scum, and then have to backtrack and tell everyone you were lying, which people won't look at fondly. So generally, if you're going to lie about something, you just need to take a close look at the risk-benefit ratio, and understand that scum have lots of motivation to lie as well, with you lumped into the same category.

So no, lying doesn't mean you'll definitely get lynched, but it's generally not a good choice unless you're confident there's a strong payoff.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:33 pm

Post by sthar8 »

B_B:
1. I don't think anyone doubts that your flavor is chicken. And I believe that you have some kind of RB power. The only thing we're questioning is your alignment.
2. I'm a dude
3. As of my claim, you were number two on my list. I was noting that
if
you were telling the truth, targetting me was funny. Also, it's kind of funny that I was intentionally dropping PR tells, and you decided I was the least likely to have a power role of all the pro-town players. The "quick change" really only moved you up by one spot, and that was because CWR's chances of being scum are entirely dependant on Darla being scum.
4. Lemme check my shorts...yup, definately boy-parts
5. It kind of bothers me that you are limiting your scum-hunting to "players who find me suspicious." Keeping to that reasoning is bound to increase your suspect pool.
6. My chest is almost as hairy as my face, and I'm not from Eastern Europe.
7. I'm a little uneasy letting a claimed blocking role live when we know that our cop was blocked last night. Claiming town jailer as a scum RB or jailer would be very similar to Oman's gambit in the prequel game.
8. I'm pretty sure I was the one who said I was reading your posts very carefully. Then again, my avatar and strife's are apparantly virtually identical...

I agree that BB/Darla is the most likely scumpair. I think CWR/Darla is very unlikely, and the only other pair I could see at the moment is BB/charter. That pairing is very unlikely, however, because it potentially limits the scum team's actions a whole lot. In addition, if we discover that BB is scum, we have a solvable situation if it comes down to a choice between Darla and charter. I'm not sold on the fact that both masons are confirmed, but I doubt that they are both scum and a scummason is a little unlikely.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by strife220 »

I'd rather lynch Darla today because she's more likely to be scum (two plain dry raman?? deleted PM??). If BB is role-blocker, there isn't much damage he can do given the claimed roles. We have the ability to direct him as well, where he would be forced to role-block instead of make a kill (if RB can't do both). For example, if we lynch Darla and she flips Godfather, have BB jail the cop. If he's RBer, he'll be forced to use his RB instead of perform the kill (if that's how mechanics work with the RB role here). It also allows the doc to choose a different protection target.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Good point strife. I'd like a votecount before I place mine, though, to avoid any abrupt day-ends like yesterday's.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by charter »

ClockworkRuse wrote:Charter, has my claim made you feel that I'm more town? I understand that you still suspect me, and to be honest, I expect it and am VERY glad that you still do. That is a plus in my book for you being pro town as you should always suspect people regardless of claim, but is it more suspicion, less, or the same?
If Darla flips town, I'll be very suspect of you and will push your lynch all out tomorrow. If she flips scum, then I'm going for BB and I will think you are most likely town.

@strife, Flameaxe is V/LA for a while so I don't know when we're going to get a votecount or end of the day.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by strife220 »

charter wrote:@strife, Flameaxe is V/LA for a while so I don't know when we're going to get a votecount or end of the day.
Are mine and Sthar8's names/avatars really That similar?

Your logic on who is scum depending on what Darla flips is backwards. If Darla flips town, that means CWR is either definitely town, or has a copy of the plain, dry ramen role-PM

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”