Open 84 - Fire and Ice Mafia - Game Over!

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:06 am

Post by armlx »

Chubbs, those two have been responsible for turning both wagons into quick lynches so far.

Also, Snix's "cautious" attitude was gone D2 until the Ged wagon happened.

---

Snix (1): armlx

Not Voting (8): ChubbsMcLubbs, Eldritch Lord, forbiddanlight, mik5, orangepenguin, Scigatt, Snix, Sun Tzu
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:35 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Chubbs, those two have been responsible for turning both wagons into quick lynches so far.

Also, Snix's "cautious" attitude was gone D2 until the Ged wagon happened.
We can only lynch one at a time. I personally would have to take a couple hours to do a reread to decide which I thought was scummier. I don't have a couple hours til potentially tomorrow. However, your pointing out of voting trends was a really good call. This is the classic case of voting trends possibly finding mafia. I'll probably weigh in time to time on what's going on today, but I'm going to attempt to reread in my usual manner (spend forever on a summary, take a half hour beyond forever to post thoughts on my perception of the games events) throughout tonight and tomorrow (though I'm going to be out for some of tonight). I will pay special attention to Snix and Eldritch though.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
Alabaska J
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Alabaska J
Title Arbitrairy
Title Arbitrairy

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:39 am

Post by Alabaska J »

gd it. ^5 roflcopter

go town and whatnot.
Show
Concussed by a poorly constructed title - how ironic. - Erg0

Town - 16-13
Mafia - 5-7
Third Party - 0-1
Games Called/Abandoned - 1 (town)
Scigatt
Scigatt
Goon
Scigatt
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Scigatt »

First of all, I'd like everyone to be aware of the vote count and try to keep lynch suspects at L-2 or lower. I don't think that a quicklynch will help the town in this situation.

I didn't manage to get a reread down, but I'll look over armlx's theory.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by Snix »

Arm, good catch. I hadn't noticed how EL been fallowing me around all game. I can't really explain the trend from my own point of view, I'd like to hear what EL has to say about it.

It also looks really bad that I was already listed as voting as a mod mistake and no one jumped on until after I corrected the issue and changed my vote.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

I trust Snix's reasoning, I've mafia'd with him before I even joined this site (more or less). Now, beyond that I don't really have an explanation--however, since we've lynched two Townie's--and both times I was listening to primarily Snix, I think I need to be more skeptical regarding his role in this game.

At any rate, I think a good long look at this game is what I need right now.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
mik5
mik5
Townie
mik5
Townie
Townie

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:18 pm

Post by mik5 »

I still need to do a reread, but I find one person annoying/suspicious. This person is Sun Tzu, who has had only three posts, all irrelevant. He has been lurking more than anyone this game.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:37 am

Post by armlx »

And the distancing between the two begins....
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:58 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

I didn't bother doing the exhaustive reread in the end because it takes so long and I'm getting burned out doing analysis and rereads all the time. I took a look specifically at Snix and Eldritch, and actually feel that Eldritch was actually attempting to connect himself to Snix, possibly to set up a mislynch due to a flip. The thing is, I don't understand the motivation. Why be so obvious and set something like that up when there are more effective ways to cause mislynches without killing yourself? I myself feel Snix hasn't done anything overtly scummy, but nothing overtly pro town either. I do however think that if Eldrtich flips scum, Snix might be the wrong way to go. The connection just seems way too obvious. I could be over thinking it though. I'm a little uncomfortable with it, but I will
vote Eldritch Lord
. It's possible neither are scum...but somehow I don't see that being true, and trying to connect yourself to someone as a kamikaze is more scummy than Snix appears to me.
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:04 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I still need to do a reread, but I find one person annoying/suspicious. This person is Sun Tzu, who has had only three posts, all irrelevant. He has been lurking more than anyone this game.
This too, he disappeared after D1.
Mod, can you prod Sun Tzu if you haven't already?
Done.
orangepenguin
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
orangepenguin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:50 pm

Post by orangepenguin »

Wow. Nice observation armlx. I don't think Snix is scummy, but I think Eldritch Lord could be. So for now
vote:Eldritch Lord
. I think after two mislynches in a short period of time should tell us to slow down, and take our time a bit, so we don't make the same mistakes. I'd like to hear more from Eldritch though, and also Snix, since he is also under suspicion.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Snix »

I'll answer any questions anyone tosses at me but there really isn't anything I can say about the motives of EL.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:26 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

Lining me up for agreeing with Snix on the past two days is like lining up suspects for littering--every has done it at least once. Read over the past two days and the pages are littered with /agree posts, lurkers, and hasty-town. Armlx, do not flatter yourself, you made an obvious statement that's being hailed as a brilliant discovery--when those voting for me are hypocrites by the very definition.

This game does need to slow down and provide more content as opposed to quicklynches.

Look at Mik5 and Orangepenguin, together on both days either not voting or voting joubert--they've also rarely addressed each other directly. I could draw up almost the same type of connection between almost everyone in this game as of so far. If no one agreed, such quicklynches would not have happened. [Though the opposite is also extremely bad for Town--indecisive Town are easy to manipulate, etc.]

FoS: Mik5
Lurker-hunting is always a last resort in my book--lurker scum don't change the game much unless they go around tossing votes on bandwagons etc.
"Impatience is a great obstacle to success; he who treats everything with brusqueness gathers nothing, or only immature fruit which will never ripen."
-Napoleon I
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 am

Post by armlx »

This game does need to slow down and provide more content as opposed to quicklynches.
This is funny given you quick hammered one of the people and were the L-1 vote on the other.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:04 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

This is funny given you quick hammered one of the people and were the L-1 vote on the other.
Can you tell us why Snix is scummier than EL, even though EL has done most of the blatant following?
-StrangerCoug

Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:36 am

Post by Snix »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Can you tell us why Snix is scummier than EL, even though EL has done most of the blatant following?
That'd be cool IMO.
Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:57 pm

Post by Eldritch Lord »

armlx wrote:
It's impossible for people to change their perception on matters regarding the game. Oh wait, that's only if you live in a world of absolutes. Welcome to the real world Armlx, where dynamic situations mean dynamic reasoning.
-Napoleon I
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Post by armlx »

Eldritch Lord wrote:
armlx wrote:
It's impossible for people to change their perception on matters regarding the game. Oh wait, that's only if you live in a world of absolutes. Welcome to the real world Armlx, where dynamic situations mean dynamic reasoning.
Because clearly so much has changed that quick hammering was good yesterday but not today.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:53 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

armix, can you please answer my question? Or at least point out where you have already? Or do you not have any particular preference? I like a lot of your case, but I personally disagree with where you put your vote because EL has been the true actor of scumminess if we use this case.
-StrangerCoug

armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:56 pm

Post by armlx »

I was looking at his swap from Chubbs to Ged D2 out of nowhere. I could lynch either of them though at this point, and the level of barning EL has admitted to today makes him look a lot worse then earlier.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

I was looking at his swap from Chubbs to Ged D2 out of nowhere. I could lynch either of them though at this point, and the level of barning EL has admitted to today makes him look a lot worse then earlier.
Fair enough. I think I'll stick on EL.
-StrangerCoug

Eldritch Lord
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Eldritch Lord
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:22 am

Post by Eldritch Lord »

forbiddanlight wrote:

Fair enough. I think I'll stick on EL.
This is the kind of following Armlx's case against me is based on. I find direct interactions like these almost too obvious to be scum (but too obv scum to be scum is WIFOM)--so I guess that's not much to make a case on. Still, discussing who to vote and saying "I could go with either one" makes it sound like the case you have against either of us isn't that strong to begin with.

Also, Armlx, its simple--I trusted my intuition and more or less Snix's judgment. Now that I've found either or both are unreliable, I cannot be so quick to jump to conclusions. Do you understand?
-Napoleon I
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by armlx »

EL, I don't buy the fact you trusted those enough to lynch someone that fast.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:05 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

This is the kind of following Armlx's case against me is based on
Not really. I looked for myself, and notice I'm not voting with armix. I just said that he might have a point on snix, I just personally think that the case on you is better. Really, either of you can go because of this:
EL, I don't buy the fact you trusted those enough to lynch someone that fast.
armix once again is right. Only scum buddies can trust each other enough for that. I'm just more willing to give Snix the benefit of the doubt since you were the one transparently following Snix around all game.
-StrangerCoug

Wizardcat
Wizardcat
Goon
Wizardcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Wizardcat »

Attention all players!

Sun Tzu did not pick up his prod after a period of 48 hours.

Combining that with extreme lurkage, I'm replacing him.

Officially and immediately, Cephrir replaces Sun Tzu.

Carry on.
[align=center][color=purple][i]"The dogs of war are nothing compared to the cats."[/i][/color][/align]

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”