windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:10 am

Post by windkirby »

It's just that with so many power roles already, it made me feel uneasy with the "feel that he is guilty". Still, I think the chance is good enough my investigations are valid that I want Muerrto lynched. I'll PM the mod if there are any sanity guarantees.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:32 am

Post by strife220 »

If Kiwi is actually a pro-town NK immune vig, then we have to start thinking how much town power there can realistically be.

Regardless of what Kiwi flips, I think Muerrto should be claiming right about now
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:44 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

melikefood wrote:
ClockworkRuse wrote:Second up
on my plate
: (I'm emphasising this because I think it's funny, because he's saying plate and he's quoting me FOOD, that's funny.)
Food, post 232 wrote:I'm forgetful.
I'm aware we're not supposed to lynch him.

Are we sure there's a Doc?
Am I the only one who feels this is Food throwing out his line and trying to catch the doctor, if there is one?
I read over this thinking that CR might be the doc, but then Charter claimed doc, so I'm wondering if it means anything.

Also, what about WindKirby's investigation?
Are we gonna save it for later or something?
It means nothing at all. I am not the doctor.

Muerrto; I already did say that I didn't slip up. In my eyes, a claimed power role would assume that their shelf-life [ha, get it?] is going to be cut short because the mafia
wants
to hit our power roles. So why when I bring that up does charter start to panic like he was?

It looks like we are going to be losing Kiwi. D- Which absolutely sucks.
Mod: Any chance of Kiwi being replaced?
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

I don't think the Mod has said anything on that.

In any case, I was all up for the Muerrto lynch, and I am only waiting because of someone else's suggestiong. Additionally, I want Merrto to claim at this point.

I think that he said he will Mod kill anyone with three strikes, so I doubt it. Plus, has he said anything in regards to Kiwi and his absence...?
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by melikefood »

Can I get some other opinions on this?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by strife220 »

Opinions on what? Muerrto? He should claim
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:37 pm

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount #2

Muerrto [1] (Windkirby)
Windkirby [1] (Muerrto)
ClockworkRuse [1] (charter)

Not Voting [7] (melikefood, strife220, sthar8, Aioqwe, Darla, B_B, ClockworkRuse)

Aioqwe missed a 48 hour period, which is the third strike.

Aioqwe, Creamy Chicken, Serial Killer, modkilled day two.

Also, for clarification: Any post resets the 48 hour clock, even after a strike/prod has been issued. If the player does not post 24 hours after the prod, they get another strike, etc. If the player posts within that 24 hours, they reset the 48 hour clock. New days reset the 58 hours as well.

Carry on...
Last edited by Flameaxe on Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by charter »

So is Kiwi modkilled?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by strife220 »

Ah... never knew that about the 48 hour clock reset.

Yea Kiwi was modkilled- serial killer.

If he came up as a NK immune vig, I was going to have serious sanity questions on our cop. This makes me more comfortable with investigation results.

I'm going to assume that we don't have a vig, else they would have NK'd Kiwi (though Kiwi may be NK-immune). Which means that the kill on Oman came from Kiwi or scum. Given that Kiwi was creamy chicken and Oman was creamy lover (or w/e), I really doubt Kiwi targeted Oman.

So, why did scum target Oman instead of a claimed cop or doc? I really know know... but I'm still not interested in a Charter or WK lynch today. Depending on what Muerrto claims, a mass-claim may be in order to get a better hold of the situation. We're soon going to run out of likely non-vanilla roles.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by melikefood »

Yes, he's dead.
We should continue on with what we've got then.

Vote Muerrto

For guilty result from WindKirby
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by sthar8 »

OK, well, at least he was scum.

I'm willing to
Vote: Muerrto
on the investigation.

I'm still suspicious of Clockwork, but for his end of day garbage from yesterday. The points that have been raised against him today have not been indicative of anything, in my opinion.

I'd also prefer to keep speculation about what scum strategies are optimal out of the thread for today, and I think we should avoid massclaim for now.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:13 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Muerrto is at L-3 now if i calculate correctly, I would like a claim before I vote, but it seems he is the most obvious choice, although I think CWR's actions do warrant looking into depending on the claim from muerrto and the rest of today's play.

We may have a deadline, but no point in wasting it :D

for now,
psuedovote: Muerrto
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:11 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

I'm here, and if you want to look into my actions go right ahead. I've got nothing to hide.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by Muerrto »

Sorry. Busy all weekend. I'm vanilla, period. What else can I claim?

Am I a miller? Possibly. Some serial killer roles get a frameblock ability as well so that's also possible. But I'm not scum so how the heck do I defend myself from an investigation result?

Is WK scum? I have no clue, but I know I shouldn't show up guilty.

Does anyone have an actual case on me? If not, even if you DO decide to lynch me, why are we doing it so rapidly that the town doesn't add anything to the discussion for day 3?!

In fact

FoS

On those jumping on my wagon to get me lynched so quickly. How does a fast day EVER help the town?

Unvote

Because his claim seems legit but I've no clue why I'm showing guilty.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by charter »

Hah, just looked through CWR's posts yesterday, and he was scheming mafia strategies yesterday as well. I'd say this was the most blatent,
ClockworkRuse wrote:
windkirby wrote:I must say I haven't understood CR's last few posts... I don't get the point he's trying to make with the vig-scum-nkill-whatever deal.

But anyway, even if kiwi is lying or is an SK, we might as well save him for a bit later. After all, if he is SK, he's after the mafia, too...
Here, I'll chart it out.

Town - Alright Vig, kill X.
Vig- Okay.

Night comes around.
Vig nk's X
Mafia no kills.

The next day, mafia puts blame onto vig saying he faked claimed to try to get rid of the NK immune vig.
He also had a few more posts giving the mafia ideas on what to do during the night. CWR, why do you spend so much time trying to figure out what the scum will do/give them ideas?

I don't buy Muerrto's claim, but his wagon has grown far too quickly. I'd say give WK another night and see if we get a different result. Perhaps he is insane/paranoid. I'm convinced CWR needs to go today before he gives the scum more ideas...
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:56 pm

Post by strife220 »

Got some flavor with that claim Muerrto?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:57 pm

Post by strife220 »

Pun not intended, but I wish it was!
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

charter wrote:Hah, just looked through CWR's posts yesterday, and he was scheming mafia strategies yesterday as well. I'd say this was the most blatent,
ClockworkRuse wrote:
windkirby wrote:I must say I haven't understood CR's last few posts... I don't get the point he's trying to make with the vig-scum-nkill-whatever deal.

But anyway, even if kiwi is lying or is an SK, we might as well save him for a bit later. After all, if he is SK, he's after the mafia, too...
Here, I'll chart it out.

Town - Alright Vig, kill X.
Vig- Okay.

Night comes around.
Vig nk's X
Mafia no kills.

The next day, mafia puts blame onto vig saying he faked claimed to try to get rid of the NK immune vig.
He also had a few more posts giving the mafia ideas on what to do during the night. CWR, why do you spend so much time trying to figure out what the scum will do/give them ideas?

I don't buy Muerrto's claim, but his wagon has grown far too quickly. I'd say give WK another night and see if we get a different result. Perhaps he is insane/paranoid. I'm convinced CWR needs to go today before he gives the scum more ideas...
WHAT?!

CWR saved uys from doing something very stupid. And that is, allowing scum to manipulate anything set up as definite by the town. Oman, the proven village aligned Pork stated something very similar, so claiming someone else is mafia by stopping us from letting Mafia manipulate the situation is just flat moronic.

Now then, Muerrto is a much better target because that death will indicate insane/paranoid/real. (Naive is obviously out.)

Onto Muerrto: The way I see it, a flavor claim, as all vanillas would probably have the same flavor, would have been the best verification among other vanillas, which makes Muerrto suspicious. And even if I assume that vanillas have different flavors, the lack of a flavor kinda indicates to me that he is a mafia who was unsure of posting a flavor for fear that all vanillas have the same flavor.

No matter the case, I am going to go ahead and
Unvote, Vote Muerrto
, as I planned on doing almost immediately after the investigation. As I saw it, the lynch should be sufficient in learning, to about a 1/2 chance, his sanity. If we waste another night on it... well, it just seems to accomplish the same thing, but who else is a better choice?
So, instead of no lynching, I can see a Muerrto lynch as being more sensible, assuming we trust the cop and his possible sanity issues.
(And with a confirmed alignment on one of his investigations by tomorrow, we will be much more equipped to handle the results we receive from him, if any.)
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by charter »

Did you even read my post? I'm asking him why he spends so much time speculating about the scum's night actions. I wasn't asking you to defend him.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:22 am

Post by Muerrto »

Beyond_Birthday wrote:Onto Muerrto: The way I see it, a flavor claim, as all vanillas would probably have the same flavor, would have been the best verification among other vanillas, which makes Muerrto suspicious. And even if I assume that vanillas have different flavors, the lack of a flavor kinda indicates to me that he is a mafia who was unsure of posting a flavor for fear that all vanillas have the same flavor.

No matter the case, I am going to go ahead and
Unvote, Vote Muerrto
, as I planned on doing almost immediately after the investigation. As I saw it, the lynch should be sufficient in learning, to about a 1/2 chance, his sanity. If we waste another night on it... well, it just seems to accomplish the same thing, but who else is a better choice?
So, instead of no lynching, I can see a Muerrto lynch as being more sensible, assuming we trust the cop and his possible sanity issues.
(And with a confirmed alignment on one of his investigations by tomorrow, we will be much more equipped to handle the results we receive from him, if any.)
First. I claimed vanilla townie. No one asked for a damn flavor. I'm chicken, 'just plain chicken'. Everything tastes like chicken.

And if you had read my post I SAID even if you DO want to lynch me, why do you want to do it in TWO pages??? Why the hell would you want me speed lynched like you're doing? The only thing dragging out the day will do is get more info for the town. If I'm gonna get killed off at least don't waste the day like this. Geez.

Vote: BB

for voting me to lynch -2 RIGHT AFTER I already said this once. There is no pro-town reason to speed lynch.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:33 am

Post by melikefood »

Because we want to know the sanity of the cop.

Maybe we are rushing this situation, but what do you suggest we look at?
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:24 am

Post by strife220 »

I'm still feeling a mass-claim. We have an outed doc and cop, a dead jack-of-all-trades, and presumably no vig. 3 power-roles is a lot of town power, and has to be balanced either by lots of scum-power, or by misleadingly weak town-power (insane cop, millers, etc.).

I'd like to hear everyone's input on why this is or isn't a good situation to mass-claim. I think it's good because our typical strongest powers are out, and unless there's a counter-claim out there for cop and doc, scum already have plenty good choices for NK.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:05 am

Post by charter »

Food, the only way of knowing the sanity of a cop is to get two different results, one of which on a confirmed townie or scum. Anything else and you CAN NOT know the sanity of the cop. I know, I just played in a game with 8 cops, it was a pain figuring them out. I don't want to sound all doom and gloomy, but strife might be right about the misleading power, and I think CWR is the best lynch today.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:30 am

Post by windkirby »

Damn, got a strike. Sorry - got tied up over the weekend...

With all of the power roles, there's probably a good chance that there's a mafia roleblocker in there. Therefore, if we give me another night to investigate someone else, there's a chance that the doc will be blocked and I'll be killed, which will reveal that I am at least telling the truth about being the cop, probably leading to Muerrto's lynch. However, I could also be blocked myself, leaving us exactly where we are now except with another mafia-killed innocent. Finally, I could be successful in a second investigation, providing us with valuable information. BUT consider this: whether or not we recieve this information anyway is completely irrelevant to whether or not we lynch Muerrto. Even if we get a second result, we will have to lynch SOMEONE in order to figure out whether or not my investigations are accurate. The only potential benefit in giving me the night is if I get nightkilled, in which case you'll see that I'm not scum. However, this still doesn't one-hundred percent guarantee my sanity, and there are no confirmeds around for me to test on, so I would rather have this settled now. Therefore, my vote stays.

As for a mass-claim, I don't see the benefit at this particular moment. I think a mass-claim tomorrow is fine, but on Day 2 it seems a little premature.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:53 am

Post by sthar8 »

FOS: Beyond _Birthday

1. I still haven't seen evidence to suggest that CWR "saved" us from anything but a solid pro-town strategy. His points against that strategy were flawed, incomplete, and based on the assumption that the rest of us would be limited to the same kind of logic.

2. Just because someone said something then died and flipped town, does not make that something true. Especially when that person
fake claimed a name that was not his own
. Oman had no more information than the rest of us.

3. You propose a false dilemma when you suggest that our choice is between no-lynch and Muerrto.

4. Though your defense of CWR is informative, it might be better if you let him speak on his own behalf in the future, or at least let him have the first say.

Charter: Why wouldn't we lynch Muerrto today? If we fail to, we miss the opportunity to gain information about which of the four possible roles that WK has. We also potentially lose the use of a very pro-town role. I understand your reservations about potential cop sanity, but the only way to solve that problem is to act on WK's info.

Also, your case against CWR seems to be that he needs to die because he is giving the scum advice. If I'm not mistaken, that assumes that he is town, but you still want to lynch him? I don't disagree that CWR is exceptionally scummy, I just think you're going about his case the wrong way.

I have to agree with Muerrto that we shouldn't waste the day just to put him (back) in his grave. I think that we should all agree that Muerrto dies today, then discuss candidates for tomorrow. I favor CWR at this point because I beleive he has been making deliberately confusing statements in order to derail pro-town actions.

I am strongly opposed to a massclaim at this point.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”