Mini 635: WOMAFIA - Forbiddanlight + Vagina-Haters win!

elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:02 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Would anyone trade boobs with Dolly Parton?

Vote Count:
Xyzzy - 2 (Vivian Darblaam, DarlaBlueEyes)
DarlaBlyeEyes - 1 (nonny)
ThAdmiral - 1 (farside22)
Mirth - 1 (falcone)
farside22 - 1 (Lord Gurgi)
nonny - 1 (Mariyta)

With 12 alive, 7 to lynch!
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:26 am

Post by Falcone »

Reasons for my vote for Mirth:

1. She voted the mod in her first post. I realize it was a joke vote, but not making an arbitrary vote to start the game with can be interpreted as not wanting to make any connection to any other player. This is obviously a very weak reason.

2. She asked Lord Gurgi if his claim was serious or not, then before he responded, stated that it's “theoretically best” to claim at the beginning of the game as a miller, which makes me feel as though she knew the claim was serious beforehand and that she tried to lend credence to the claim. Then, after Lord Gurgi confirmed his claim, she asked for a counterclaim, which seems a very strange thing to do after a miller claim, and again has the implicit connotation of “Well, if there’s no counterclaim, I’ll believe the claim”. Since I don’t see why there can’t be either zero or two or more millers in a game (see for example this thread: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8831), the absence of a counterclaim doesn’t tell us anything about the value of Lord Gurgi’s claim.

3. The “cult recruited” remark, which was very clearly not what farside22 was saying. This was later established to be a mere spelling mistake, which I can accept as explanation.

Furthermore, since I made my vote for her, Mirth seems to have changed her stance on the miller claim:
Mirth wrote:I would probably wait until twilight day 1, claim doctor or something to get myself NKed or vigged. Depends on the other people in the game really. If they know my "no claims" playstyle, I might do a first thing day 1 claim.
So first she states it’s “theoretically best” for a miller to claim at the start of Day 1, then later she states she “probably” wouldn’t do it if she were a miller herself. That's contradictory.

Happy with my vote for the moment.

Reasons for my IGMEOY’s:

1. Lord Gurgi: His miller claim and the inevitable WIFOM that it brings with it, makes him more likely than average to be scum in my opinion. If you’re a miller and you know it, best play is, in my opinion, to try avoiding an investigation by being as pro-town as possible. On the other hand, I understand why a miller would want to claim immediately and I don’t think it’s an unreasonable play, just a less than optimal one. In one acronym: IGMEOY.

2. FaerieLord: For believing Lord Gurgi’s claim, yet failing to unvote him. It’s certainly possible he forgot that he random-voted Lord Gurgi, but it’s still worth mentioning.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:31 am

Post by xyzzy »

Lord Gurgi is obviously being truthful. Early miller claims are 90% of the time completely believable.

OMGUS vote: DarlaBlueEyes
nonny
nonny
Mafia Scum
nonny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:44 am

Post by nonny »

bra's do suck mirth. Poeple always make fun of how big mine is, and I can never buy pretty ones cause they don't come in anything over D. >.<

I hate miller claims for the earlier reasons stated. Though the only logic I see for the uncle sam poster is that uncle sam is supposed to be a good guy but a lot of poeple don't like him and associate his picture with the military or a draft which is seen as bad. I have no clue what any of that has to do with us as women though.
*insert bad joke here*
Mirth
Mirth
Congratulations! You are ...
Mirth

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Mirth »

Falcone wrote:

1. She voted the mod in her first post. I realize it was a joke vote, but not making an arbitrary vote to start the game with can be interpreted as not wanting to make any connection to any other player. This is obviously a very weak reason.

2. She asked Lord Gurgi if his claim was serious or not, then before he responded, stated that it's “theoretically best” to claim at the beginning of the game as a miller, which makes me feel as though she knew the claim was serious beforehand and that she tried to lend credence to the claim. Then, after Lord Gurgi confirmed his claim, she asked for a counterclaim, which seems a very strange thing to do after a miller claim, and again has the implicit connotation of “Well, if there’s no counterclaim, I’ll believe the claim”. Since I don’t see why there can’t be either zero or two or more millers in a game (see for example this thread: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8831), the absence of a counterclaim doesn’t tell us anything about the value of Lord Gurgi’s claim.

3. The “cult recruited” remark, which was very clearly not what farside22 was saying. This was later established to be a mere spelling mistake, which I can accept as explanation.

Furthermore, since I made my vote for her, Mirth seems to have changed her stance on the miller claim:
Mirth wrote:I would probably wait until twilight day 1, claim doctor or something to get myself NKed or vigged. Depends on the other people in the game really. If they know my "no claims" playstyle, I might do a first thing day 1 claim.
So first she states it’s “theoretically best” for a miller to claim at the start of Day 1, then later she states she “probably” wouldn’t do it if she were a miller herself. That's contradictory.

Reasons for my IGMEOY’s:

1. Lord Gurgi: His miller claim and the inevitable WIFOM that it brings with it, makes him more likely than average to be scum in my opinion. If you’re a miller and you know it, best play is, in my opinion, to try avoiding an investigation by being as pro-town as possible. On the other hand, I understand why a miller would want to claim immediately and I don’t think it’s an unreasonable play, just a less than optimal one. In one acronym: IGMEOY.

2. FaerieLord: For believing Lord Gurgi’s claim, yet failing to unvote him. It’s certainly possible he forgot that he random-voted Lord Gurgi, but it’s still worth mentioning.
Except I never once stated my own opinion on Gurgi's claim, and, honestly, before he announced that he was serious, it looked like a joke to me. Just because something is the supposed theoretically best option doesn't mean *I* agree with it. Never said I would. What I would do depends on who I'm in the game with as I said.

Now could you and whoever else avoided my question please answer it?

Also, you're certain I'm scum after only a couple of posts, most of which were nonsense and some of which happened *after* your vote?

Nonny: I agree that shopping for them is a pain in the behind (I hate lace, *hate* padding, dislike funky colors, and hate minimal coverage bras) but once the annoying task of finding suitable ones has been achieved, they make life more comfortable, I think. Actually, I think I just hate clothes shopping in general. Womens clothing just needs to get standardized sizing in inches or something. And make stuff with bodice waistlines. Grrr...Seriously, why is everything shaped like a potato sack? (If you have issues with sizing, perhaps you should try an internet retailer that stocks larger sizes?)
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:35 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Question:

With all the WIFOM on LG, It would seem somewhat logical that unless someone comes round even more scummy, that he would be the safest lynch for D1.

If he is lying, we hit scum, if not, he is only a miller, not a PR.

thoughts?
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Question:

With all the WIFOM on LG, It would seem somewhat logical that unless someone comes round even more scummy, that he would be the safest lynch for D1.

If he is lying, we hit scum, if not, he is only a miller, not a PR.

thoughts?
So you are saying lets not talk about who is scummy and lynch LG because of the miller claim?
unvote:
vote: DBE

The point of this is to figure out (1) what is best if you had the role (2) if we believe the role and why (3) discuss further and see if anyone is scummy. Wait why do I need to explain this is common knoweledge.

@Mirth: Going to the specialty shops for bra's is very, very expensive. Luckly for me at least I can still shop in store.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Vivian Darkblaam
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Vivian Darkblaam
Townie
Townie

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by Vivian Darkblaam »

Falcone wrote:

Reasons for my IGMEOY’s:

Boy does somebody have a stick up her vagina. The rigid layout of the post matches the utter lack of a sense of humor, so I guess it's consistent, but it feels forced for whatever reason.
FOS

I don't think there's any deeper meaning regarding the Uncle Sam poster. It's a funny picture about douchebags that belongs in the GD images thread if it isn't there already. It doesn't make LG a recruiter any more than the heart in the townie PM indicates Lovers.

Also, completely compromised lynches are something to be scrambled for as deadline haunts our every step, not something to be orchestrated on Page 4 (and certainly not on a "we wouldn't be killing anybody important" line of reasoning).

Unvote; Vote: DarlaBlueEyes
I thought far too much about this stupid signature to put a goddamn meta-reference in it.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

I didn't mean now.

Jeez.

If i did don't you think I would have voted him?

and I DID say, "If no one else proves scummier" meaning after a lot more discussion.

Damn you women are jumpy. xD

All I am saying is that after we've exhausted d1, if no one is REALLY scummy, that LG would be the best lynch, because its win win either way.

If he is lying we hit scum, If he isn't, we rid ourselves of the Future WIFOM argument and don't lynch a PR.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Mirth »

Vivian, I'm not sure I understand the first part of your post. Clarify a bit please?
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:50 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

The flavour makes sense so I'm going to treat gurgi as a confirmed town from here on in.

Still haven't decided who I think is scummy though.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:32 pm

Post by Falcone »

Mirth wrote:Now could you and whoever else avoided my question please answer it?
I assume you refer to your post 58:
Mirth, in post 58, wrote:Darla, if you were a miller, what would you do?

Actually, this question goes out to everybody.
I answered this in my previous post:
Falcone wrote:If you’re a miller and you know it, best play is, in my opinion, to try avoiding an investigation by being as pro-town as possible. On the other hand, I understand why a miller would want to claim immediately and I don’t think it’s an unreasonable play, just a less than optimal one.
Mirth wrote:Also, you're certain I'm scum after only a couple of posts, most of which were nonsense and some of which happened *after* your vote?
What makes you think I'm certain you're scum?
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:38 pm

Post by Falcone »

ThAdmiral wrote:The flavour makes sense so I'm going to treat gurgi as a confirmed town from here on in.
This a terrible idea.
FoS: ThAdmiral
FaerieLord
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
FaerieLord
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:21 pm

Post by FaerieLord »

DBE wrote:With all the WIFOM on LG, It would seem somewhat logical that unless someone comes round even more scummy, that he would be the safest lynch for D1.
Wow, that was pretty awful
DBE wrote:All I am saying is that after we've exhausted d1, if no one is REALLY scummy, that LG would be the best lynch, because its win win either way.
Have you been in games like this? In every game I've been in, I've always seen someone scummy in day one.
(1:07:08 AM) Xdaamno: alcohol
(1:07:11 AM) Xdaamno: solves this problem
(1:07:13 AM) Xdaamno: woohoo
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:37 am

Post by Lord Gurgi »

ThAdmiral wrote:The flavour makes sense so I'm going to treat gurgi as a confirmed town from here on in.
I am in no way confirmed, please don't.

Other than that, DBE is at L-3. I still don't think that what she said is particularly scummy, just not particularly smart.

Just to point something out, Falcone, who in this game haven't you FOS'd, IGMEOY'd, or Voted?
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Mariyta »

Lord Gurgi wrote: Just to point something out, Falcone, who in this game haven't you FOS'd, IGMEOY'd, or Voted?
Me! I feel horribly left out.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Falcone »

Lord Gurgi wrote:Just to point something out, Falcone, who in this game haven't you FOS'd, IGMEOY'd, or Voted?
farside22
DarlaBlueEyes
xyzzy
FaerieLord

Lord Gurgi

Falcone
nonny
Vivian Darkblaam
ThAdmiral

Mirth

Mariyta
Spacecase

Eight people, myself included. Do you disagree with any of my vote, FoS, or IGMEOY's?
Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:17 am

Post by Mirth »

Falcone wrote:
Mirth wrote:Also, you're certain I'm scum after only a couple of posts, most of which were nonsense and some of which happened *after* your vote?
What makes you think I'm certain you're scum?
I don't. Note the question mark. No responses to the rest of my comments?

I'd also like to hear SpaceCase and Mariyta say something of substance.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Falcone »

There's not a whole lot to respond to, but since you ask for it:

- I don't see why you would deliberately take a course of action that you know not to be "theoretically best".
- You didn't explain why you asked for a counterclaim after Lord Gurgi's miller claim.
- There was no reason to even ask me if I was "certain" you were scum, because I clearly indicated I was happy voting you "for the moment".

I support the request for input from Spacecase and Mariyta.
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:20 am

Post by Falcone »

EBWOP:
FoS: xyzzy
for #77 and
FoS: farside22
for #81.

For the record, my threshold for giving FoS and IGMEOY's is very low. They are a way to ask people for clarification for scummy posts or suspicious behaviour and are not necessarily meant to be an indication for whether or not I want to lynch that player.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by Mariyta »

There isn't much substance to be had at the moment. Sorry to disappoint.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Lord Gurgi
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Lord Gurgi
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Post by Lord Gurgi »

Falcone wrote:EBWOP:
for #77 and
for #81.

For the record, my threshold for giving FoS and IGMEOY's is very low. They are a way to ask people for clarification for scummy posts or suspicious behaviour and are not necessarily meant to be an indication for whether or not I want to lynch that player.
Yeah, that's what I meant Falcone, now that I know, it's not a big deal, just not used to so many in such a short space of time.

@Mariyta and Spacecase, answer Mirth's question. Stop avoiding it.
(11:26:07 PM) thesheamuffin: I'm counting gurgi because I would probably make out with him if I were drunk enough
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by Mariyta »

Lord Gurgi wrote:
for #77 and
for #81.

Yeah, that's what I meant Falcone, now that I know, it's not a big deal, just not used to so many in such a short space of time.

@Mariyta and Spacecase, answer Mirth's question. Stop avoiding it.
I already did. Even though I now know what the miller role is, I don't have enough experience to comment. Personally, you don't feel scummy to me.
-Susan Ertz

Mirth
Mirth
Mirth

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:47 pm

Post by Mirth »

vote:Mariyta
There is always something to try and make a substantial post about. You should know better than this.

Falcone: ...my asking for a counterclaim was half joking and sort of a "just in case" move...no sane person would ever counterclaim miller, but, on the tiny miniscule chance that both Gurgi was lying and there just happened to be an actual miller in the game, then we'd know one, if not both of them, would be scum, because the mod would have to be a complete bastard to stick 2 millers in a mini. Which would be a heck of a lot better than just having Gurgi announce himself the center of a WIFOM debate. However, I did not seriously expect an answer, hence the way I phrased the question with the prolonged so. FL seemed to get that I didn't really expect an answer.

As for theoretically best, well, I'm not much for theory. I don't believe in most metas, and don't think anything is a universal scumtell. For me everything is situational.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:22 pm

Post by farside22 »

for #77 and
for #81.

Why does my post warrant a fos? DBE comment in the above post is scummy. It's add nothing to the conversation. She didn't point to anyone scummy if that was her intention. She is stating if no one looks scummy we should lynch LG. The post she made is useless noise, hence my vote.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”