charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:16 am

Post by charter »

sthar8 wrote:
charter wrote:Also, the fact that no one has given a reason to not kill liam tonight (again for an arbitrary reason, lurking is a null tell in my book) tells me that liam is town. His scumbuddies would have at least suggested someone else, but no one has said anything other than kill liam.
This made me laugh.

I am very okay with the mafia allowing town to direct their kill. In that case we lose the scummiest player instead of the towniest, and all it buys for scum is a small opportunity to try to convince us on weak, silly reasoning that a claimed vig is actually mafia, rather than the easier to believe theory that he is an SK.
You say my statement made you laugh. I assume your intent was to discredit my thought. What about my thought do you not agree with exactly? Why did you not put your reasoning in your original post?
sthar8 wrote:Happy scumday charter!
Thank you
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:43 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

Weighing in on the Vig issue, I'm not sure how much I believe the claim, but I'd much rather let an SK or Mafioso live for one more night that kill off a potentially very helpful townie.

I also think that the vig should let us know who he plans to kill. We gain some info knowing who the scum kill off, but if we don't know who was offed by a pro-town player and who was offed by anti-town players then we add the chance for even more confusion and potential slips.

Oman, why do you want to be targeted for the kill so bad, strife makes the good point that it barely tells us anything.

Even if it wasn't me I'd say don't lynch the lurker who's claimed to be damn busy.
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:24 am

Post by strife220 »

Dude, vote for someone

Same goes with Clock, BB, Oman, and Food. By not voting anyone you're essentially voting no-lynch.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:42 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

how much longer do we have?
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Roughly 24 hours.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:40 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Vote Charter.

Considering the recent claims, Charter might be our best bet. I'll be posting my reasoning after a very brief re-read to collect my thoughts.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:48 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Charter, that was funny for a few reasons.

First, when you posted it, there was only
one
person calling for Liam's kill, and one person who had said "eh, I'm OK with that." A couple of others had suggested letting Kiwi decide, and I think someone had suggested a no kill. In short,
several
people had said things other than "kill Liam."

Second, I found it humorously ironic that you are defending Liam with the evidence "No one is defending him, so he must be town." Little bit of a paradox there :wink:

Third, and most important, I'm pretty sure that the whole defense is WIFOM. In fact, I'm
really
sure.

I didn't note these in my previous post for two reasons. First, I thought that they were blatantly obvious. Second, I knew that if they weren't somebody would ask me about them.

I've
noted everyone who seems to think we gain no advantage from things like keeping the mafia away from our scumhunters, having effectively more Doc protects, and using majority to direct a kill rather than trusting a player who has been pretty scummy so far.

Also
FOS: ClockworkRuse
for incomplete logic and underestimating the reasoning capabilities of the town.

I'm willing to trust Oman in his plan to let Kiwi cream on him tonight, but I'll want an explanation (which may include a claim) soon.

Kiwi
: Because of the dissonance in the town, I'm willing to let you decide what your action will be. I would like you to announce it in thread before night, but I'll understand if you can't. I definitately want who and why in your first post of tomorrow, even if your kill fails. I currently support a choice between Liam, Oman, and no-kill for you, but if you reason well enough, I could probably accept any kill but Clockwork.

It has been suggested that we might have an SK in addition to a vig and a scumgroup. Normally, I would say that three kills per night seems high for a twelve person game, but available information suggests that this might be the case, and is balanced if it is.

Vote: Charter for President

(Hey, 100 game posts yesterday!)
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:56 pm

Post by sthar8 »

EBWOP:

Liam, you're still not helping, and I'm not going to give you a free pass for two more days.

Charter, Darla, Muerrto: Why are you still voting for Kiwi?

Food: using the kill without consensus and not using the lynch is possibly the worst play we could make at this point. We really need to get lynching.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:18 pm

Post by charter »

Thanks for clearing up why you said it was funny. I just didn't like how you didn't post your reasons in the first place. While your points are valid, everything I said was still true (or at least plausible)

Well, I'm obviously not going to vote for myself. I still don't put a whole lot of stock in Kiwi's claim, so I'm still happy with lynching him since I know what my role is and his is quite questionable. This, unfortunately, isn't really a defense, but it's my reason for still voting him. I would vote food, but like I said, I'd wager he's just a not helpful townie.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 1:41 pm

Post by melikefood »

Well, I throw in my
Vote for Charter
then.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:20 pm

Post by strife220 »

sthar8 wrote:I currently support a choice between Liam, Oman, and no-kill for you, but if you reason well enough, I could probably accept any kill but
Clockwork
Bolded = mine. Huh? Did I miss something? Did you mean WK (claimed doc)?

Charter, I assume you don't have a claim that is going to reverse the wagon (else you would have done so), but you might as well claim anyway.

If Kiwi is going to make his own decision (which seems to be the guaranteed case), I suggest he keep it to himself, or he says it with enough time left in the day for said NKee to claim.
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:28 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

strife220 wrote:
sthar8 wrote:I currently support a choice between Liam, Oman, and no-kill for you, but if you reason well enough, I could probably accept any kill but
Clockwork
Bolded = mine. Huh? Did I miss something? Did you mean WK (claimed doc)?

Charter, I assume you don't have a claim that is going to reverse the wagon (else you would have done so), but you might as well claim anyway.

If Kiwi is going to make his own decision (which seems to be the guaranteed case), I suggest he keep it to himself, or he says it with enough time left in the day for said NKee to claim.
Can I ask why you don't like me for the kill tonight?

And WK didn't claim Doc. He claimed Cop.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:37 pm

Post by charter »

Well, I was hoping I could just keep it to myself and wouldnt need to claim, hence why I've waited so long, didn't want to out myself unnecessarily. But I'm a doctor. Each night I get to sprinkle my seasoning on someone to prevent them from being killed.

And yeah, WK claimed cop.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:48 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

so we're faced with killing either the bulletproof vig/sk or the doc.

considering how scummy they've both acted, I still think it could go either way. Its a bit late in the deadline to exclude both and hop on someone else as the other scummy acters are a claimed cop (whome I believe) and a lurker (liam)

So we're stuck. (Unless we get a counter claim that is) But if we dont. I would lean towards kiwi only on the basis that a doc's protection is more helpful than an unconfirmed vig/sk, who could kill of townies rather than protect them.

unvote
for now. Waiting on any counter claims and more reactions.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:51 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

How many claims can we get in one day? D=

Unvote.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Muerrto »

sthar8 wrote:Charter, Darla, Muerrto: Why are you still voting for Kiwi?
Because i was moving yesterday and today. Got my net back up and re-reading all my threads quickly. I don't see the case on Charter really but if everyone else does it's better than a no lynch. Course now he's claimed doc so wtf. Kiwi's claim is BS and since the game has a good chance of an SK or Vig anyway it's not provable just by him killing someone tonight.

Oman wanting to be the target is just weird but he's not martyring if he says he'll live. Interesting soft claim.

I've heard of and seen an invincible townie(immune to night actions, played one), but you guys have really seen an invincible VIG? That's crazy.

Vote stands.

Wanna see more from Liam, an explanation from Oman, and some damn good stuff from Kiwi. He STILL hasn't scumhunted. He started off acting scummy, then he spent all his time defending himself w/crap logic, then he claimed, now he's defending his claim and talking about the target. NO scumhunting, period.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by strife220 »

Unvote

Full claim Charter: name and flavor.

We have a claimed cop, doc, and a NKimmune vig. If 3 of them are telling the truth (and there's no funny business to their roles) we're just about of power roles for a regularly balanced mini.

I'm at a loss. I'd much rather have a chance at hitting scum today than lynching the SK/vig - the night could tell us a lot about his alignment.
I'm having a harder time believing Charters claim, heavily due to lack of flavor, but I'm still not willing to risk lynching the cop though.

With the top 3 'scummiest' all claimed, this is a good time to lynch based on lack of contribution. In order, CallMeLiam, BeyondBirthday, and Clockworkruse have posted the least. I'm going to
Vote: CallMeLiam
but will do whatever it takes to get a lynch off at deadline (like 18 hours away).
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Post by strife220 »

EBWOP

If a wagon starts to grow on somebody who hasn't claimed, and they are cop/doc/vig, they shouldn't waste time and should counter-claim immediately.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:41 pm

Post by melikefood »

Unvote

I'm not sure wo to go for now.. D :
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Post by strife220 »

Mod
: Did scum have the opportunity to talk before D1 started?
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by charter »

I summarized this from my quote, don't want to copy and paste anything and risk a modkill.

Mysterious New Flavor - Doctor. I'm the mysterious new flavor of ramen. I could be beef or crab or horse shit. Each night I can sprinkle my seasoning on someone and it's mysterious power prevents them from being killed during the night.

As much as I hate to admit it, I think strife has the right idea here. I believe we should let Kiwi live tonight despite his scumminess, and deal with him tomorrow. If he pulls through, it will be a powerful addition to the town.
unvote, vote Callmeliam
I have a feeling Liam has the best chance for being the lynch today, so I'm voting him.
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by aioqwe »

I'm not completely invincible. My flavor and actual role dictate that my invincibility is temporary. My little road trip lasted a bit longer than 10 hrs. due to lunch breaks and an accident on I 85- an 18 wheeler crushed the trunk and back seat of a smaller car. Anyways, if Oman will still be alive and can confirm I'm vig in some way shape or form, I'm willing to target him. I need to read to check up on my other suspicions.

vote: liam

I feel we should lynch before deadline. Will re-evaluate my vote as soon as I re-read

charter- odd flavor
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Post by strife220 »

It's Very weird flavor. Are there 12 types of Raman? I'd would have thought everybody, town or scum, would have a flavor to claim.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:17 pm

Post by melikefood »

Don't want my vote to be a waste, although I don't think we should lynch liam for lurking. Lynch is better than No lynch.
I'll change my vote if nothing else pops up.

Vote
CallmeLiam
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:57 pm

Post by Oman »

I'm Beef Ramen, I've crumbed this several times. I'm an admirer of Creamy Chicken (which I also crumbed early). If Creamy chicken "Finds" me (I think now, that means "creams me") I get a power, or become part of their group (if masonry) or we become lovers, or I become unNKable or something. The role PM effectively says that there is no way to predict what will happen, who knows?

So yeah, if I'm not selected by creamy tonight I'll be pissed off.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”