somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:51 am

Post by somestrangeflea »

KNIGHT42 wrote:
chenhsi wrote:Why do you think flea is voting for his fellow mafia member? The only reason you think they are mafia is because they claimed.

Why should Chelseafan's vote change because you voted for him?

If you really think we are scum, why don't you vote for Gimbo, who has more votes and is closer to being lynched?
I think flea is currently voting for his fellow mafia member because the vote is him of suspicion.
False. It can be confirmed that I am voting chelseafan because a random number generator told me so.

Even at that, the reasoning makes no sense. You think I'm voting my Mafia buddy because I'm under suspicion?
KNIGHT42 wrote:1. Gimbo WIFOM, claims scum along with flea
2. Chenshi and Chelseafan quickly follow suit
That's not true. Chenshi and Chelseafan haven't claimed scum. YOU LIE.
KNIGHT42 wrote:4. People suspect of Gimbo, votes accumulate (none from the possible mafioso)
Why can none of the votes on Gimbo be from Mafia?
KNIGHT42 wrote:If flea withdraws:
A. Both are mafia
B. Flea is mafia, trying to perhaps frame chelsea
C. Is town and = worthless
If he stays
A. Mafia and dumb at the same time
B. Town and innocent thus clearing the likes of gimbo
This whole section doesn't mean anything at all, because both "Flea withdraws" and "Flea stays" have "Flea is scum" and "Flea is town" as outcomes.
KNIGHT42 wrote:Why would flea withdraw his vote if he is a town?
Because I don't think he's scum, simple.
KNIGHT42 wrote:Because if we find go through with the lynching of Chelseafan, and he is innocent, I will thus reveal my partner leaving us with an easy win!!!
You assume we trust you...
Chelseafan wrote:'m just rather confused at the plan that's all.

It proves nothing from what I can see.
It proves nothing, and, even working under the assumption that everything KNIGHT says is true, I still don't know what it proves...
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

chenhsi wrote:Is anyone besides knight42 NOT confused with his plan?
Knight, I think the problem is all your outcomes under "flea withdraws" are that SSF and chelseafan are either mafia or town. There is no definitive outcome to the vote movements, especially as you state you are not going to force a lynch your move has no credibility. Especially your "C. Is town and = worthless " - if both SSF and chelseafan are town, how is
not
voting to lynch another townie worthless?
"The carefully constructed chain of events suddenly seems not merely to contain a weak link, but to be constructed entirely out of stupefyingly enormous mistakes and errors of judgement."
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:37 am

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ugh...I'm gonna catch hell from him for admitting this, but I am KNIGHT42s lover. To be quite honest, I completely disagree with his plan since it DOESN'T lead to any conclusive evidence. I'm really confused as to what the hell Gimbo is trying to do, but it'll be interesting to see how that plays out. Also, it was a random vote on chelsea, but my lover is voting there as well. sticking there for now as per Gimbo's page 3 instructions. I also
FoS:Nameless
for being on board for pair reveals before Gimbo's gambit, and now avoiding doing so. If I missed someone else doing this, please let me know.
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:58 am

Unvote
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:01 am

Post by Gimbo »

So Far We Have:

KNIGHT42 / forbiddanlight
somestrangeflea / Gimbo
Chelseafan / chenhsi

I say that at minimum, there are 2 scums below:

Nameless
Firestarter
SpyreX
Harvey Pew
MafiaSSK
Adel

I suspect Adel and SpyreX:

SpyreX because of his overreaction to my posts which is odd given his normally mellow temper in all the other games I'm in with him.

Adel, like I've said before, in another game, with a fellow player claiming scum in their 2nd post, and you being a scum in that game, you immediately voted the said player in a seemingly angry way after their 'claim'.

Now my question is this, how is this reaction any different from you reaction to my scum-claim?

So far, you've ignored all the questions that I've asked you.

1) You never clearly said how exactly is claiming on D1 bad.
2) I asked you a hypothetical* question on your take on the game if you were scum and you ignored it saying you didn't want to 'tutor' me.
3) You ignored the comparison I made of this game is a previous game you were in when the MoS scum-claim gambit happened.

Please address these points and don't give me answers like 'bullshit', that is very helpful, thank you.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Open 79 Nightless Vanilla
Mini 634 The Baron's Court
Mini 625 Essential Liberties Mafia
Harvey Pew
Harvey Pew
Goon
Harvey Pew
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:19 am

Post by Harvey Pew »

Gimbo wrote:I say that at minimum, there are 2 scums below:

Harvey Pew
Now that is purely unfair. To state simply that those who haven't claimed are scum is entirely specious. I have said I am in favour of a claim but, unlike your unilateral action, I have left it to my partner to decide if he agrees with me and so make the claim himself. It is unfortunate that my partner (and some others) have taken a low profile/forgotten about the game/been kidnapped by aliens/died/whatever, but to decide this makes us scum is entirely unfounded.
"The carefully constructed chain of events suddenly seems not merely to contain a weak link, but to be constructed entirely out of stupefyingly enormous mistakes and errors of judgement."
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 am

Post by Adel »

Gimbo wrote:Adel, like I've said before, in another game, with a fellow player claiming scum in their 2nd post, and you being a scum in that game, you immediately voted the said player in a seemingly angry way after their 'claim'.
either your memory is bad, or you are lieing.

Link to proof or withdraw your statement.
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Gimbo »

^ No, I never said you are scum and the fact that you messed up what I wrote so it seems like I am trying to accuse you is wrong.

I am saying that given the 4 scums in this game. I do not believe that all 4 are in the claimed lovers group. In fact, in a game where there is such a huge scum group and they have to pretend to be lovers to not get caught, I'd be surprised if the scums don't try to distance themselves from others in pair-like fashion. With that said, I suspect if there must be 2 scums among the 6 unclaimed.

I don't see how I am 'accusing' anyone of anything since 2/6 and 2/6 means its really equal probability.

2 scums among the 3 lover-pair and 2 scums among the 6 unclaimed...

Your overreaction to that post has moved you up my scumdar.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:29 am

Post by Gimbo »

EBWOP: above post is for Harvey Pew, Adel - I'll try to dig it up, but you should know what I'm talking about. also you didn't address my other questions.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:36 am

Gimbo wrote:I don't see how I am 'accusing' anyone of anything since 2/6 and 2/6 means its really equal probability.
But an equal probability scumsplit isn't a fair assumption.
It's not fair to say that, because the players have been divided into two groups, an equal number of scum are in each group, as it completely ignores the most important question: "What would scum do?" If the scum think it's better not to claim, then they won't. If they think it's better to claim, they will. You cannot treat logical decisions in the same way as random choices.

In short:
It's not fair to assume that 2 scum have claimed and 2 scum haven't because the decision to claim wasn't random.

You see what I'm trying to say?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:37 am

Post by SpyreX »

Woo, action in this game.

First off, Knight, your plan is not thought through all the way. You've setup a situation where you think flea is scum and based on any of his actions, well, flea will be scum. I do not know what to make of it but, right now, there are more pressing matters.

Gimbo, ohh Gimbo.
SpyreX because of his overreaction to my posts which is odd given his normally mellow temper in all the other games I'm in with him.
I'm not really overreacting. :P i decided, before the game even started, to be more aggressive because in this setup it is obvious that multiple strong wagons will lead to the most information necessary for the town to win (I, of course, assume a Day 1 mislynch).

Now, you with that amazing scum claim, setup a situation where, if you are town, you've all but doomed the town to a loss if you survive today- the only thing you can really say is "Trust me." Well, you've played with me and know how I roll with my analysis - I dont like your plan and I really dont like how strong you've pushed it.

After that you've FoS'd everyone who didn't agree with your plan AND FoS'd people who voted for you (the latter being an OMGUS no matter how you toss it).

How, praytell, have you lost it for us if you survive today with that scumclaim? Assuming a mislynch (which is what I bet on), tomorrow based on your OWN plan it will only take 1 townie voting for you (which will happen) and then its game.

To me, you've setup a situation where the only course of action is to actually test your claim of scum. The game is not long enough to let you ride it out AND, to me, your claim of scum makes far more sense in this game if you were actually scum.

Also, as an aside:

1.) You realize that, in 76, the massclaim idea WAS started by scum?
2.) If you're going to meta-read me, you realize that in this game YOU are behaving far more differently than I am?

If my lover ever gets use of their legs again and finishes up their cigarette I expect they'll chime in soon. I'm NOT going to claim.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:38 am

Post by Adel »

Gimbo wrote:1) You never clearly said how exactly is claiming on D1 bad.
As I allready said, it will make it harder for me to catch scum.
2) I asked you a hypothetical* question on your take on the game if you were scum and you ignored it saying you didn't want to 'tutor' me.
Exactly. You asked a superior player how to play as scum under this set up. To answer it would be to tutor you.
3) You ignored the comparison I made of this game is a previous game you were in when the MoS scum-claim gambit happened.
Do you often have trouble telling a doctor-claim apart from a scum-claim? That must make this game very difficult for you.
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:40 am

Post by chenhsi »

Harvey Pew wrote:

Harvey Pew
Now that is purely unfair. To state simply that those who haven't claimed are scum is entirely specious. I have said I am in favour of a claim but, unlike your unilateral action, I have left it to my partner to decide if he agrees with me and so make the claim himself. It is unfortunate that my partner (and some others) have taken a low profile/forgotten about the game/been kidnapped by aliens/died/whatever, but to decide this makes us scum is entirely unfounded.
May I assume that he is Firestarter than, because he hasn't posted for 2 days and is the least active among those who have not claimed yet?
Gimbo
Gimbo
Goon
Gimbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:49 am

Post by Gimbo »

^ haha chenhsi nice.

Adel, scratch that, I read it long ago and screwed up the details in my head, apologize for that. But I still don't see HOW exactly is it more difficult to catch scum if 12 is reduced down to 6.
Show
Ongoing Games:

Mini 632 OOTS Mafia
Really Bad Idea Mafia
Mushroom Kingdom Mafia
somestrangeflea
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
somestrangeflea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 am

chenhsi wrote:
Harvey Pew wrote:

Harvey Pew
May I assume that he is Firestarter than, because he hasn't posted for 2 days and is the least active among those who have not claimed yet?
Hmm. I think that's fishing...

Vote: chensi
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:51 am

Post by Adel »

Gimbo wrote:^ haha chenhsi nice.

Adel, scratch that, I read it long ago and screwed up the details in my head, apologize for that. But I still don't see HOW exactly is it more difficult to catch scum if 12 is reduced down to 6.
exactly, which is one of the reasons I'm on to you. An open and honest answer from me to your "hypothetical" question would've given you a clue.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:52 am

Post by Adel »

Gimbo wrote:Adel is obvious scum, town is blind.
do you still lack any support for this, other than my vote on you?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Adel »

Gimbo wrote:Adel, like I've said before, in another game, with a fellow player claiming scum in their 2nd post, and you being a scum in that game, you immediately voted the said player in a seemingly angry way after their 'claim'.
The game he is talking about is Newbie 540.
In that game MoS (who was a townie) claimed to be the Doctor in an early posts. I responded with a double gambit. In the first level of that gambit I breadcrumbed that I believed him, but went on to posts as if I was sure he was scum. Once some of the newbies in that game started to go along with the wagon I revealed that it was not a sincere wagon, and immediatly joined MoS in persecuting the people who were on his wagon. I survived the game and won as scum.

I find it interesting that Gimbo was asking me for advice as to what scum should do in this game. This is our first game together.

In mafia 79 Gorrad was the first player to introduce the idea of a massclaim. He was scum. If Gimbo wasn't paying attention he probably would've only noticed that the later & louder proponents of that idea happened to be town.

Before this game started I told my lover that I expected scum (at least one of them) to be a loud proponent of masclaiming in this game, and I warned him not to be eager to claim.

Quote tags fixed - mod
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:14 pm

Post by Firestarter »

Ok....

Action!!

..and a full re-read on the way!!!

Initial thoughts..

Knowing who's with who D1 gives town a better chance of distinguishing town from scum in their respective pairings. Hence, a better chance of winning D1.

On the flip side, a scum pair could easily coattail a townie/townie pair if he latches onto another townie, and a mislynch ensues.

I would be very much of the opinion that D1 should not be rushed, we should take our time, and properly formulate our votes on who we think are scum.

For now...
UNVOTE
('') (':') ('')
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by chenhsi »

somestrangeflea wrote:
chenhsi wrote:
Harvey Pew wrote:

Harvey Pew
Hmm. I think that's fishing...

What is fishing?
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:39 pm

Post by Adel »

chenhsi wrote:
somestrangeflea wrote: Hmm. I think that's fishing...

What is fishing?
SSF is accusing you of trying to expose who are lovers together, despite his partner doing that repeatedly as well as trying to get everyone to claim.

Rolefishing is generally where a player tried to bait a powerrole into exposing themselves.

I see SSF making that vote as a transparent attempt to divert attention from his scumbuddy who seems hell-bent on losing this game in a most embarrassing way.
Firestarter
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Firestarter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:09 pm

Post by Firestarter »

chenhsi wrote: May I assume that he is Firestarter than, because he hasn't posted for 2 days and is the least active among those who have not claimed yet?
Firestarter wrote:Connectivity will be low for the next 2 days guys, Ill try to get on at some point during this time.
Well done Columbo...
('') (':') ('')
Nameless
Nameless
Goon
Nameless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:52 pm

Post by Nameless »

KNIGHT42 wrote:If flea withdraws:
A. Both are mafia
B. Flea is mafia, trying to perhaps frame chelsea
C. Is town and = worthless
If he stays
A. Mafia and dumb at the same time
B. Town and innocent thus clearing the likes of gimbo
This logic is highly and obviously flawed, as others have already pointed out. To Knight, do you still honestly believe this is going to clear or damn anyone,
especially
after posting exactly how you (incorrectly) it would do so?
forbiddanlight wrote:I also
FoS:Nameless
for being on board for pair reveals before Gimbo's gambit, and now avoiding doing so.
I supported the massclaims, but I wasn't going to start doing so while other players believed they could find the mafia easier without doing so ... Not that there's much point now that half the players have already claimed. :roll:

For what it's worth, my lover is Firestarter.
forbiddanlight
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
forbiddanlight
Blowfish
Blowfish

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:05 pm

Post by forbiddanlight »

Ah, ok. Well, I think I understand, nameless
un FoS nameless
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

TTGL Mafia is over. Going to mod [b]Umineko No [color=red]Na[/color]ku Koro Ni[/b] Mafia. Pre-/ins, as always, are accepted.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”