petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
MBL, have you been D1-gate-wagoned in a game other than Space Monkeys? I just checked that game, but the crash likely deleted your
initial
reaction. If so -- assuming they are finished -- which games?

Also, your posts seem to imply that [1] you're waiting for the wagon on you to dissipate ("play out"); and [2] you want to a "competing wagon" (presumably a wagon competing with your wagon). It doesn't seem like you can both have your wagon play out while having a wagon compete with yours. Mind reconciling this? [I can see two ways at the moment, but better to have you explain].

The other weird thing is that you if by "play out" you
do not
mean "dissipate", then I have to wonder why you would still want a wagon on yourself even after it "played out". If this is the case, it seems as though you are trying to act overly nonchalant.
Hmm?
*pokes in belly*

2.)
This space reserved for a question (or possibly questions) for Ether.

VOTE COUNT NUMBER ONE

MBL: 4
(patrick, Elvis Knits, PJ, Sarc

chamber: 1
(DGB)

DGB: 1
(bluesoul)

sarc: 1
(OGML)

Elias the thief: 1
(MBL)

Elvis Knits: 1
(Ether)
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:34 am

Post by elvis_knits »

Ether wrote:
Post 20, MBL wrote:Ether, why e_k?
Stifling discussion. She picked on the most boring, dismissable part of your analysis--the first semblance of content in the game--and dismissed it.
Maybe it was a bit stifling to discussion, which I agree sucks. But MBL was asking Patrick for his voting motivations on a vote he made in the first post of the game. It doesn't seem like a big explanation is really possible there.

Also, MBL seemes a little PO'ed, and I was trying to be more obnoxious.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:06 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

OMG

Sarcastro is the Master.

He has caught scum on Day 1, as evidenced by MBL's smarmy squirming.

Twelve players, seven to lynch, he has four votes already. I'm tempted to put him at five but not until we've had more discussion to help us nail his buddies.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:46 am

Post by bluesoul »

I'd rather see posts from those that haven't made it into the game yet, elias, IH, and chamber. Nice reference to nailing MBL's scumbuddies, I'm sure that helped us fight the good fight since we've got three players that get to stare that right in the face as they think about their posts.

facepalm: DGB
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Anjaga1989: you fulfill my desires

"Mafia without bluesoul is like checkers without a board." --Feyd_Ruin
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:19 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

bluesoul wrote:Nice reference to nailing MBL's scumbuddies, I'm sure that helped us fight the good fight since we've got
three
players that get to stare that right in the face as they think about their posts.

facepalm: DGB
Is it
three
players because you know I'm not scum and therefore the likely three mafia in this game are watching me cautiously?

unvote, vote: bluesoul

DGB, how am I squirming? Did you find nothing of note in my first content-filled post? If you could agree or disagree with something specific in there, it'd be greatly appreciated.

PJ, I'm pretty sure I have been rampantly D1-wagoned in other games but I'll have to go look to be sure. As for my wagon, the more we talk openly about the reasons I'm fine with it for now the less useful it will be. For now, suffice to say I'm interested to see how people play it. Right now, the scum could easily be the three lurkers, but if they're not, DGB, Sarc and bluesoul are the leading candidates.

e_k, are you thinking that Patrick's choice of a D1 bandwagon target was random? Cause I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:56 am

Post by elvis_knits »

MrBuddyLee wrote:e_k, are you thinking that Patrick's choice of a D1 bandwagon target was random? Cause I'm pretty sure it wasn't.
I thought it was random. Or maybe a love-tap.

Why do you think it wasn't random? And what do you think the reason is? People hate you? I wasn't aware of that.
Talk nerdy to me.

"We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." -Joseph Campbell
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:51 am

Post by Sarcastro »

MBL, can you give me a recent example of a completed game in which you were town? Because right now you're already reminding me quite a bit of your play in Going to San Francisco.

Was that vote on Bluesoul serious? Obviously he said "three" because there are
three players who haven't posted yet
. You know, the three people he mentioned in the sentence
right before
the one you quoted?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:53 am

Post by bluesoul »

What Sarc said. Don't really need to elaborate any further on it.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:00 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Really, bluesoul? I could have sworn you were referring to three scum having to be cautious. Why would town have to/want to "think about their posts" in a defensive way? And why are those three, if they're scum, any more in need of being careful than any of the other 8 when discussing the MBL wagon? Your post implied that three people were just given the opportunity to avoid a trap of some kind.

Sarc, I was town in the game we just completed after a full year where you were scum lynched on D2. Why's my play remind you of my play in mith's game?
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:08 am

Post by Ether »

Post 26, Elvis wrote:Maybe it was a bit stifling to discussion, which I agree sucks. But MBL was asking Patrick for his voting motivations on a vote he made in the first post of the game. It doesn't seem like a big explanation is really possible there.
Yeah, but...that wasn't the entirety of his post. The idea is to find the part you
are
interested in and comment on that. And quoting the entire post and calling it all a waste of time would at least be taking a stronger stance, which could itself promote discussion.

What did you think of the rest of his post?

I'll
unvote; vote: Bluesoul
for, like, the exact opposite of what MBL said--apparently, he assumes that MBL has scumbuddies. Huh.

MBL still needs to answer my questions.
As I move my vote
Towards your wagon, town is taking note
It fills my head up and gets louder and
LOUDER
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Sarcastro »

Okay, well, I'm tempted to respond for Bluesoul, since the answers seem obvious to me, but I'll let him do it. Needless to say, I still find your reaction to his post rather inexplicable.

I don't know what game you're talking about, MBL. If it was that long ago and I was lynched that early, I don't think it's unreasonable that I've forgotten about it.

Your attitude and responses seem to be similar to those you made when you were under pressure in GtSF. I asked for a town game because I wanted to compare to see if I was just picking up on general playstyle or not.
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:15 am

Post by bluesoul »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Really, bluesoul? I could have sworn you were referring to three scum having to be cautious.
It's okay, we've all been wrong before, much like you are wrong now. I'm simply saying that the three remaining players that haven't posted are now aware that people are looking for connections between MBLscum and scumbuddies. To Ether, I was assuming MBL has scumbuddies for the purpose of DGB's post, where she basically said she wanted to keep MBL alive so he could help us nail his scumbuddies.
If
he is scum, then that just threw up a red flag to elias, chamber, and IH, the three players that haven't yet posted. If one of them were scum, they're more keenly aware of a connection with MBL than they may have been if the comment had gone unsaid.

To be fair, I've never played with DGB, maybe this is how she acts, but I'd have rather it had gone unsaid. Ah well, we'll keep playing.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:20 am

Post by bluesoul »

EBWODP: More to the point, the three that haven't posted are more keenly aware of an MBL connection
right out of the gate
, we don't get anything that hasn't been altered or skewed by the possibility of this connection.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:57 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

bluesoul wrote:
MrBuddyLee wrote:Really, bluesoul? I could have sworn you were referring to three scum having to be cautious.
It's okay, we've all been wrong before, much like you are wrong now. I'm simply saying that the three remaining players that haven't posted are now aware that people are looking for connections between MBLscum and scumbuddies. To Ether, I was assuming MBL has scumbuddies for the purpose of DGB's post, where she basically said she wanted to keep MBL alive so he could help us nail his scumbuddies.
If
he is scum, then that just threw up a red flag to elias, chamber, and IH, the three players that haven't yet posted. If one of them were scum, they're more keenly aware of a connection with MBL than they may have been if the comment had gone unsaid.
So we've tipped off the three people who haven't posted but we haven't tipped off the scumbags who
have
posted? Curious, but repetitive for me to belabor it at this point. Oddity noted.
Ether wrote:That seems duller now that I've gone and typed it out. Why'd you make a big analysis without a single question mark, only to ask for clarification on my vote? Did my answer really surprise you?
In my first post of the game, I felt like stylistically making observations rather than asking questions. And no, your vote didn't exactly surprise me but I was curious as to why e_k out of the four MBL wagoners. Sarc looked sketchier to me at the time.
Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:23 am

Post by Ether »

I don't see how a page 2 post without any reasons, starting with the letters "OMG" and failing to actually name any scumbuddies, would put scum on the alert. I don't like the way you've stressed the damage of that post, considering you've never shown any interest in MBL's alignment.

What is MBL's alignment?

(Even if DGB's post did provide a warning, I don't see how that was scummy on her part, as your "maybe this is how she acts" disclaimer implies you think. But I don't find this specifically to be scummy; it's comparable to the -2 discussions that pop up in newbie games.)
Post 38, MBL wrote:And no, your vote didn't exactly surprise me but I was curious as to why e_k out of the four MBL wagoners. Sarc looked sketchier to me at the time.
I'm going to assume from the fact that you didn't press me further that my response, which didn't mention Sarc at all, was acceptable. What do you mean by "at the time?"
As I move my vote
LOUDER
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:36 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

At the time, Sarc looked sketchiest to me out of {e_k, Sarc, PJ, Patrick}. I'm rethinking my comment about {DGB, Sarc, bluesoul} as scumteam, however, as it's unlikely they'd be this cohesive and unsubtle early in the game. They're the three who've done the oddest things thus far, though, so the question is, which one is being not just odd but anti-town.

e_k, I don't think I get D1-wagoned cause I'm hated, I think it's just a fun thing for people to do. I give good reaction. Patrick can give you the real reason he chose me though. :)

Liking Ether and to a lesser extent OGML right now. IH and chamber need to get their shit together--I don't imagine TSQ would have started this game with them away on vacation.
elvis_knits
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
elvis_knits
Queen of Rock'n'Purl
Queen of Rock'n'Purl

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:17 am

Post by elvis_knits »

bluesoul wrote:EBWODP: More to the point, the three that haven't posted are more keenly aware of an MBL connection
right out of the gate
, we don't get anything that hasn't been altered or skewed by the possibility of this connection.
But for them to be wary of connecting themselves to MBL, they would have to be scum and KNOW that MBL is actually scum.

Bluesoul, do you think MBL is scum?
Talk nerdy to me.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:30 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Ether (this is not yet the "reserved" question, mind you), you vote Bluesoul for "assuming MBL has scum-buddies". Did you notice these other posts:
Sarcastro, Post 22 wrote:I know how tempting it is to protect your scumbuddy, OGML, but sometimes you're just better off bussing.
DrippingGoofball, Post 27 wrote:I'm tempted to put him at five but not until we've had more discussion to help us nail his buddies.
Why focus your post on Bluesoul, but not Bluesoul & Sarc & DGB?

2.)
[Edit] EK got to my question for Bluesoul. Bluesoul, the "lurkers" would need to fear being "connected" to MBL
only if
MBL were scum,
and
at least one of the lurkers
knows
that MBL is scum and hence has a reason to fear being connected to him. That said, even if that's the case, it could be just as -- if not more -- informative for them to begin posting with the thought they had better not connect themselves to MBL if possible, since this would require them to play the game even
more
unnaturally than they would if they were town.

3.)
Before I forget, I think everybody should read the rules of this game very carefully; they are slightly from the 'standard' rules.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:52 am

Post by bluesoul »

On my iPhone so this will be brief. No, I don't think MBL is scum, I think he's being needlessly contrary. Its sparked some discussion so its not all bad.

I agree with e_k, in all truth its not a huge issue but one that may have been advantageous later. it may yet work out as PJ noted.

Home in 3 or 4 hours, will try to post more then.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:02 pm

Post by OhGodMyLife »

MBL wrote:Liking Ether and to a lesser extent OGML right now.
Something about this comment is niggling me. I think its because I haven't really been greatly involved in anything yet in this game, so I'm not sure what there is for MBL to like about me at all.

I do see the sarc-bluesoul connection, and I don't entirely agree with this characterization of MBL's play here:
Sarc wrote:Your attitude and responses seem to be similar to those you made when you were under pressure in GtSF.
Though MBL didn't really come under much serious pressure in GtSF until a bit later in the game than this. I really don't get where you're seeing parallels between MBL-SCAPE and MBL here.

I too noticed Ether calling out one "where are your scumbuddies" comments and leaving out others. I also think that voting someone on the basis of making a statement of that nature is legitimate, as statements like those get dropped all the time. The evidence is here in this thread, where its happened three times already in the first two pages.
bluesoul
bluesoul
Goon
bluesoul
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by bluesoul »

On a sarc-bluesoul connection, he was defending me by way of correcting a sizable lapse in common sense by MBL. Sarc and I are at the very least okay with each other out of game (scumchat, etc) so I assume he just understood what I was talking about and didnt like that I was getting called out on something that was a misunderstanding. Of course he may have some other reason, I'm not speaking for him so if sarc wants to explain it as well, I'm all for more discussion.
Show
The Tooth Returns.

Ether
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Ether
Lyrical Rampage
Lyrical Rampage
Pronoun:

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:25 pm

Post by Ether »

Sarc was still voting MBL, who he'd implied OGML was scum
with
. (Also, his post felt tongue-in-cheek.) DGB, too, outright said that she thought MBL was scum and she just didn't want to vote him yet. Bluesoul's remark was inconsistent with his view of MBL.

I don't see how they're comparable at all.
As I move my vote
LOUDER
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:23 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

I like this game. A lot. People who aren't willing to participate on D1 don't deserve to be in it, especially when there are probably a few people dying to get involved.

IH is gone til the 12th. That's doable.
Elias wrote:Starting Monday, I'll be working at an overnight summer camp, and I'll probably only be able to post on weekends. If this is a problem, I can...
Unacceptable.

Chamber hasn't posted in a year. Is he really in this game?
Thestatusquo
Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Thestatusquo
He/Him
Shea

Shea

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:43 pm

Post by Thestatusquo »

It's my job to decide what is acceptable posting in this game and what is not. It is your job to play this game. Do not conflate the two. Do your job, and I will do mine.
tout comprendre c'est tout pardonner
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

We still need to decide how we're going to deal with those people if you don't deal with them. I'm not trying to pee in your Cheerios, mang.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”