ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:03 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Oman, did you find anything from your gambit or was it a flop?

WK, I'd still love to see where these vibes are coming from.

I'm still here but I'm feeling a bit under the weather, so I'll try to post more later when my head is clear. I'm just making sure I make the 48 hour time-limit right now.

I also think that these 'encoded messages' aren't as big of a deal as everyone is making them out to be. It seems like people are making a mountain of a mole hill with it. But that is just my opinion.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:01 pm

Post by strife220 »

charter wrote:My reread. Don't know how I missed this one before...
strife220 wrote:4 votes on MLF is much more pushy than a dice vote deserves, in my opinion. Me thinks there's at least one scum on that wagon, unless there's another reason for voting him that I missed. Aioqwe and windkirby both have pretty crappy reasons for joining a wagon like that.
The reasons people voted food.

Me - his name was first
Oman - "Dice tags are wrong and evil, and you should be killed"
kiwi - "outside of me, his actions seem interesting"
WK - "Not crazy about dicing"

What makes Oman's reason (or mine) any less crappy? You didn't mention Oman, but everyone who voted for Food had a poor reason.
Page 1 and 2 votes are expected to be crappy and random. After 2 votes get on someone, subsequent votes need to be well justified. You're basically asking me "what's the difference between L-6 and L-3." Kiwi and WK have crappy reasons for putting their votes on late in the wagon.

charter wrote:
strife220 wrote:I really don't know why I said 'definitely' there. Maybe I shouldn't be making posts at 2AM - the sentence "implies that I was definitely correct" is a bit self-contradicting. I should have wrote "reinforces my confidence."
So you're still saying that me and another person on that wagon are scum? So I'll ask you again, why aren't you trying to get us lynched? You're voting me, but having made much of a big case on me.

Any reason for you to give votecounts? Any reason for your revised one to be forged? If you added votes wrongly to someone else but me I'd chalk it up to an honest mistake, but since you're gunning just for me, it makes it seem like you want me to appear to have more votes than I do for some reason. Care to share?
I think the fact that you overreacted to me saying "I think there's scum on the wagon" is indicative that I was right. And... How am I not trying to get you lynched? My vote was first on aioqwe and now my votes on you. What else am I supposed to do, start making stuff up?

The votecount is because I was interested, and because deadline is now looming and we have to start thinking more seriously about who to lynch. Votecount lays out everyone's opinion on that matter.

What do you mean my latter votecount was forged? Are you pointing out how I had to post two? If so, look at the time stamps. My first vote count was made one minute after BB changed his vote, hence the 'crossposting' comment.

I too would like more insight into BB's initial vote on WK. There had to be Some reason, even if you 'forgot it' later.

Oman wrote:
Strife wrote:"Sort of" being, what about Food's bandwagon? Page 2, 4 votes from using dice to random vote? If you think townie-wagons grow faster than scum-wagons, you must think it's because there is scum on them. Why haven't you invested much interested into the members of said wagon?

Because I don't think that the members on it will give much. I took a look at them and decided it was a much more reasonable and a much more logical strategy to focus on other things which were more reliable. You see, newbies often wagon hard as town or scum, so its less reliable.
Windkirby has been on this site for over 4 months and has made almost 400 posts. Kiwi has been on this site for a year and has made over 700 posts. You're offering them a newbie defense?

What are your feelings on Charter's OMGUS over-reaction to my accusation? Seen here:
charter wrote:
strife220 wrote:4 votes on MLF is much more pushy than a dice vote deserves, in my opinion. Me thinks there's at least one scum on that wagon, unless there's another reason for voting him that I missed. Aioqwe and windkirby both have pretty crappy reasons for joining a wagon like that.
I'll go ahead and fix this for you.
unvote
vote strife

If you're already going to assume that one of four people is scum, I'll just go ahead and assume you're scum.

Serious now, you're already trying to direct suspicion towards others, hence my vote on you. Not really towards a single person either...

Muerrto wrote:Oman loves gambits. He attacked me for god awful reasons and I SHOULD have seen it since he JUST did this to someone else in my last game with him, but since he targetted me I was like um...dude, those are god awful reasons.
This doesn't make me comfortable. It sounds like a good tactic for Oman to use if he's scum. i.e. you saw him do this as town last game, so if he does it this game, you'll think he's town again.

Reinforced here:
Muerrto wrote:The reason why I took his advice about Kiwi is because Oman loves gambits. I was basically asking if Oman thought Kiwi was legit about his. He thinks he was. I'm not convinced. His latest posts haven't really tried to do....anything.
You sound awfully confident that you aren't getting played.

And see here:
Oman wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Lesson 1 for new people: Don't worry that someone puts ONE vote on you. Had I left Oman alone his gambit to see who would leap onto me for his poor reasons may have caught someone. As it is, I think I killed it.
Yeah...I was going to try it again. Which is why I didn't tell them I was doing it :D

I can't believe you missed it man, that last newbie I tried pretty much the same gambit and then I was all "OMGWTFBBQ!"
Oman has moved way up my scumlist. This looks and feels like scum taking a prime opportunity to buddy-up.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by Muerrto »

I disagree. He's playing just as town as he always does. In fact, just like you, I've never seen him play scum.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:14 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Oman: for the record, when you mentioned LoudmouthLee, I did some searching. I thought you might be referring to this game where you came under fire for behavior similar to Kiwi's. For those who don't feel like reading the first few pages, neither Oman nor his accusers were scum. The real scum just stood back and watched while the townies ripped into each other, which is what I thought Oman was warning against.

Muerrto: Ah, you meant that he was appealing to emotion. I didn't know if the word "plea" had some other connotative meaning. I certainly agree that it is an appeal to emotion based on it's diction. This reinforces the image of anxiety at being targeted that Kiwi has been presenting.

If you want to see an example of Oman as scum, I would suggest the prequel to this game. Oman was a bulletproof serial killer who survived to the endgame and almost won.

Charter's last post helps his case a little in my eyes, but I think his attacks on Oman and strife are rather weak and stretched. I'll give Oman a chance to respond before saying anything more, to avoid doing his work for him. In strife's case, I'd like to add that charter's vote on Food was random, and Oman's vote appeared to be based on personal policy. After the point had been made, Kiwi and Kirby tried to make a bandwagon out of the policy vote, which is not good. Charter still seems like he's attacking everyone he thinks he might be able to get a few votes on, which seems scummy to me. I'm not buying the "charter-as-newb" theory, since he's been on the site for almost a year and he's got five completed games.

Windkirby: "Vibes" are
not
valid as reasoning. They provide no evidence or argumentative material other than simple assertion. You cannot defend yourself against someone's "vibes," because there is no point to defend against. Furthermore, your "vibes" could be based on any number of irrelevant issues like a posting style or personality that you don't like. Feel free to examine behaviors and attitudes, as I agree that both are key to determining motives and alignment, but you need to quantify the causes of your suspicions to other players so that we can be persuaded, reach consensus, and find a good lynch. Anything else is asking us to simply trust in your "vibes," and asking us to do that in a game where
any other player might be on the opposing team
is exceptionally arrogant. I want to see real reasoning behind your vote
soon
, or I'll have to assume you didn't have any to begin with. If that happens, you'll have my vote because adding unreasoned votes to leeching, unreasoned bandwagoning, weak excuses, lack of substantial scumhunting and lurking makes me think that you're trying to blend in without having to produce any real information. I don't think I have to tell you which alignment
those
behaviors and attitudes point toward.

My current suspects are charter, windkirby, and kiwi, in that order.

I'd like some more from Liam.

Since Windkirby's vote, my username seems to be gathering extraneous consonants like iron filings to a magnet.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:04 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Muerrto wrote:
Oman wrote:
Muerrto wrote:Lesson 1 for new people: Don't worry that someone puts ONE vote on you. Had I left Oman alone his gambit to see who would leap onto me for his poor reasons may have caught someone. As it is, I think I killed it.
Yeah...I was going to try it again. Which is why I didn't tell them I was doing it :D

I can't believe you missed it man, that last newbie I tried pretty much the same gambit and then I was all "OMGWTFBBQ!"
Yeah, I totally fragged that up. Oh well, next time I'll assume you're doing a gambit instead of assuming you forgot the difference between Strawman and WIFOM. I was like 'You're acting weird' and you were like 'No $hit' lol that's when I got the hint.

FoS: Darla

If you wanna refute Kiwi's points great, your business, that's mafia. Don't do it using other people's arguments(mine) and don't defend other people(Charter and BB) saying what you 'think' they meant.

Makes it sound like you're inside their head, only scum would have that knowledge.

Can you tell me why your vote stands in your own words?
Because no one has exhibited more scummy behavior thus far, his defensiveness are weak and at best try to switch the attention to someone else, and in essence poor play.

I don't like a lot of his posts and his finger pointing on you and oman as if its the world's end of scummyness, and his assertions that all budding = scum.

Also we have a limited amount of time, and I personally don't want a no-lynch as its never a good start. he seems to be the best candidate with the most suspicion on him as well.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:19 am

Post by charter »

strife220 wrote:The votecount is because I was interested, and because deadline is now looming and we have to start thinking more seriously about who to lynch. Votecount lays out everyone's opinion on that matter.

What do you mean my latter votecount was forged? Are you pointing out how I had to post two? If so, look at the time stamps. My first vote count was made one minute after BB changed his vote, hence the 'crossposting' comment.
No, I'm pointing out how you put extra votes on my name. I can't believe you went back and looked and missed it again after I pointed it out that first time either. Your first votecount.
strife220 wrote:Unofficial vote count:
Aioqwe [2] (Beyond_Birthday, DarlaBlueEyes)
Charter [2] (Sthar8, Strife220)
Melikefood [1] (Aioqwe)
Muerrto [1] (Oman)
DarlaBlueEyes [1] (Charter)
Sthar8 [1] (Windkirby)

Unofficial deadline count: about 7 and a half days.
Your second one
strife220 wrote:EBWOP: Lots of crossposting.

New Unofficial vote count:
Aioqwe [1] (DarlaBlueEyes)
Charter [3] (Sthar8, Strife220, Beyond_Birthday)

Melikefood [1] (Aioqwe)
Muerrto [1] (Oman)
DarlaBlueEyes [1] (Charter)
Sthar8 [1] (Windkirby)
The only person who changed votes while you could possibly have been posting was BB. He changed his vote to WK, not charter, like you are trying to make others believe.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:52 am

Post by windkirby »

Alright, people are going to absolutely murder me for this, but when I read through sthar's posts, they were not quite as bad as I had recalled.
unvote, vote: Oman

You'll have to forgive me. I was at an extremely busy/hectic family reunion at the time, I had been sleeping at the couch and was woken up at 6 AM by the toddlers. My mind obviously wasn't functioning properly, so I had fallen prey to sloppy investigation. I understand that people are going to find this extremely suspicious of me, but saying sorry for the stupidity is really the best I can do.
The main vibes were from:
(numbered by his posts)
1-
EBWOP:
I should also say that I am probably the newest player in the game. I have one game ongoing in Road to Rome, and my mafia experience before that amounts to a few games played in the third grade. I'm familiar with most of the terminology, and I won't use newbie status as a defense for poor play or ignorance, but I figured you should all know that I have little meta knowledge or trend experience on the site.
At first read it seemed normal, but then I had started thinking how advantegous it might potentially be for scum to say something like this. It would really make the reader comfortable with the player, IMO. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I just felt it odd he should say this so verbosely.
2/3- He said the proposed policy was only for Day 1, but he never mentioned anything of the sort previously. In my opinion, calling something a "policy" would entail its regular use. It only seems that he's changed it without saying so since people didn't seem to like it.
Unfortunately, these are the main points that were going through my head when I made the vote. I guess with four games going I had managed to fall behind on this one, and I tried to catch up too quickly. Dumb mistake; again, I apologize.

And for Oman (numbered by everyone's posts)

29: I didn't like his denial of sthar8's plan. He says it makes it too easy for scum to control the town, but honestly, this would be ridiculously transparent. Would a no-lynch honestly be better?
99: This:
In PEGBAM (A mini normal) I played an SK who was NK immune but not Investigation Immune (note: this is also where my title came from). Flameaxe asked me for flavour so that he didn't have to write it. I suggested I interrogate a guy tied to a chaior! And then Bam was all "BETTER IDEA!" And it was the ramen idea and then shit happend and finnaly something happened.

I forgot what we were talking about.
definitely made some alarms go off, mostly for the completely derailing conversation, as well as
108:
What system is it on?
this. It's not as bad as food's post because at least food's reference to the game was relevant to his quietness, as he put it, whereas here Oman simply continues to lead conversation away from what's important.
Finally, even though I didn't find the communication itself scummy, I found post 161 and the way he discussed things a little derail-y. As he said so himself, there was a lot of WIFOM, which I don't understand what a townie's motives would be in doing so.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:06 am

Post by Muerrto »

windkirby wrote:29: I didn't like his denial of sthar8's plan. He says it makes it too easy for scum to control the town, but honestly, this would be ridiculously transparent. Would a no-lynch honestly be better?
99: This:
In PEGBAM (A mini normal) I played an SK who was NK immune but not Investigation Immune (note: this is also where my title came from). Flameaxe asked me for flavour so that he didn't have to write it. I suggested I interrogate a guy tied to a chaior! And then Bam was all "BETTER IDEA!" And it was the ramen idea and then shit happend and finnaly something happened.

I forgot what we were talking about.
definitely made some alarms go off, mostly for the completely derailing conversation, as well as
108:
What system is it on?
this. It's not as bad as food's post because at least food's reference to the game was relevant to his quietness, as he put it, whereas here Oman simply continues to lead conversation away from what's important.
Finally, even though I didn't find the communication itself scummy, I found post 161 and the way he discussed things a little derail-y. As he said so himself, there was a lot of WIFOM, which I don't understand what a townie's motives would be in doing so.
Wait...so you just voted him for banter? Someone asked him about the story, he answered. Someone mentioned something that interested him...he answered.

If he's 'derail-y' why aren't I? I talked about the game as well. Talked about the opening story. And I'M the one who explained what Oman was doing first.

Hm...why'd you pick Oman? Stange even for scum since at the moment either me or Oman would be a hard sell to the town.

I'd say your gambit worked Oman even AFTER explaining it. You've been scummy all game so far WK. Almost everyone has you at their top if not the 2 or 3 because of it. Now you vote Oman for insanely weak reasons? Banter?

Unvote, Vote: WK

Happier with this vote, not letting Kiwi off the hook tho.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:08 am

Post by Muerrto »

ok let's try that bolded...

Unvote, Vote: WK
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:15 am

Post by Oman »

Muerrto wrote: Yeah, I totally fragged that up. Oh well, next time I'll assume you're doing a gambit instead of assuming you forgot the difference between Strawman and WIFOM. I was like 'You're acting weird' and you were like 'No $hit' lol that's when I got the hint.
Nah, next time I'll be scum just trying to get you lynched :D
Clockwork wrote:Oman, did you find anything from your gambit or was it a flop?
Flop, as per. Usually gambits give me something to run with, they're never conclusive. I personally think that this one failed cause I tried it on someone expeirenced, which I did because doing it on newbies usually results in the newbie flipping out and getting lynched.
strife wrote:Windkirby has been on this site for over 4 months and has made almost 400 posts. Kiwi has been on this site for a year and has made over 700 posts. You're offering them a newbie defense?
Yes I am. I don't believe that time and posts teach you. I believe its completed games, the ability to review them and see what you did wrong.
Strife wrote: It sounds like a good tactic for Oman to use if he's scum. i.e. you saw him do this as town last game, so if he does it this game, you'll think he's town again.
1. You're too wrapped in me being scum right now, I suggest you take a step back and review.
2. 1 game is not statisticly significant. If I wanted to apply this to muerrto's head I'd do it 3-4 games in a row as town and then hit him with one as scum.
Muerrto wrote: You sound awfully confident that you aren't getting played.
Prolly cause I wouldn't try to play Muerrto. Charter might be my first choice at trying to trip up. Clockwork hasn't been posting enough to be a threat, you're resisting to much, etc. I certainly wouldn't try to gambit Muertto so early, if he tripped me up I'm gone! If he didn't, what, I get one guy on my side who I could probably reason to my side anyway (based on his interaction with me so far).

Oh, and if you think "oh he's thought a lot about what he'd do as scum" thats just cause I love game theory.
sthar8 wrote:Oman: for the record, when you mentioned LoudmouthLee, I did some searching. I thought you might be referring to this game where you came under fire for behavior similar to Kiwi's. For those who don't feel like reading the first few pages, neither Oman nor his accusers were scum. The real scum just stood back and watched while the townies ripped into each other, which is what I thought Oman was warning against.
Entirely correct, good sir. Great detective work! That also lets me do this:
Townies: Do not self-hammer or self-vote to a lynch! That is pointless. Your job is to extend a day until we are voting scum! Also in such a small game it makes the game WAY more difficult. Also, it allows scum to sit back and avoid the lynch.
sthar8 wrote:If you want to see an example of Oman as scum, I would suggest the prequel to this game. Oman was a bulletproof serial killer who survived to the endgame and almost won.
That is actually a pretty good example of my scum play. I did a lot of things I do as town there too, so watch out.
sthar8 wrote:I'll give Oman a chance to respond before saying anything more, to avoid doing his work for him.
Go for gold, my attacking charter would have little benefit. All it would do is alienate charter more and cause him to go hammer-and-tongs after me, which is the same reason I'm not going full out on strife and telling him where he is really wrong, just touching the big issues.
windkirby wrote:I didn't like his denial of sthar8's plan. He says it makes it too easy for scum to control the town, but honestly, this would be ridiculously transparent. Would a no-lynch honestly be better?
Actually, if you read my post again (and I want you to take that seriously, not sarcastically, or maliciously) I wasn't against the idea of lynch over no-lynch. I was against the idea of policies. I personally think that suprise slips scum up more than anything and letting them know what you'll do ruins things and gives them a chance to subvert it. (I.e. "Cop investigate X tonight.")

I'll tackle these two together:
windkirby wrote:
Oman wrote:PEGBAM explaination
Someone asked about it:
Strife wrote:Anybody wanna give me the TLDR version of that opening post? I wasn't in PEGBAM, and I got confused/bored after the first few sentences (sorry flameaxe!). Not sure if there's anything useful or if it's all just flavor.
and the same with mentioning:
melikefood wrote: I'm sorry about my quietness.

I just got FFTA2 and I'm playing non-stop. But I doubt anybody here is interested in that.
If you are, I'd recommend it.. I'm playing it right now...

So, what next?

Those two posts "derailed" as much as I did (granted Strife actually had a lot of content in his too as did my PEGBAM explaination one). So wherein lies the problem with my posts that isn't in the others?

Not to mention that in forum mafia it is INCREDIBLY hard to derail a thread because anyone can read back over what was said. Maybe in FTF where people forget it could all get a bit hard, but the fact that anyone can pick up where they want makes it almost no scum advantage.

So tell me, if I was scum, what is my "Master Plan" in getting us to discuss DS games for a few posts?

To anyone who says "well why are you defending against Windkirby after everything you said?" Its becasue Windkirby seems quite reasonable and open to change and fluidity shown by:
windkirby wrote:Alright, people are going to absolutely murder me for this, but when I read through sthar's posts, they were not quite as bad as I had recalled
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:34 am

Post by Muerrto »

Oman wrote:To anyone who says "well why are you defending against Windkirby after everything you said?" Its becasue Windkirby seems quite reasonable and open to change and fluidity shown by:
windkirby wrote:Alright, people are going to absolutely murder me for this, but when I read through sthar's posts, they were not quite as bad as I had recalled
You don't see that as simply wishy washy?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:38 am

Post by Oman »

Muerrto wrote:
Oman wrote:To anyone who says "well why are you defending against Windkirby after everything you said?" Its becasue Windkirby seems quite reasonable and open to change and fluidity shown by:
You don't see that as simply wishy washy?
Aren't most newbies?

Although....Feb.

You've convinced me*:

Unvote Vote WK

*Note: Even though he convinced me, I still take full responsibility for my own votes.
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:01 am

Post by Flameaxe »

Votecount #5

Aioqwe [2] (Beyond_Birthday, DarlaBlueEyes)
Windkirby [2] (Muerrto, Oman)
Melikefood [1] (Aioqwe)
Oman [1] (Windkirby)

Not Voting [4] (Melikefood, CallMeLiam, ClockworkRuse, Charter)
Last edited by Flameaxe on Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
CallMeLiam
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
CallMeLiam
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:07 am

Post by CallMeLiam »

I'm back, the posts over the last couple of days have been really long and detailed and rather than give the thread a cursory look I'll leave it til I have more free time (tomorrow evening). Sorry guys (and Mod)
is now full, but replacements are always welcome.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:16 am

Post by strife220 »

Just a quick note while I'm at work:
6 days until deadline, can we at least all agree that one of the top 3 should be lynched:
Flameaxe wrote: Aioqwe [2] (Beyond_Birthday, DarlaBlueEyes)
Windkirby [2] (Muerrto, Oman)
I'd like to see a consensus wagon and a claim within the next 3 days so that we aren't caught with our pants down right before deadline dissecting a claim. At the very least, Food, Liam, Clockwork, and Charter should all have their votes out.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:58 am

Post by sthar8 »

I'd support a lynch of any of those three, so I'll move my vote to whichever wagon has momentum.

Note for later: Oman has chosen not to defend himself against charter. When I post later I will be speaking to the points that charter raised based on my own observations because my opinions on them are key to the reason I'm voting him, not because I wish to defend Oman.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:09 am

Post by Oman »

I'm happy for a WK lynch. I do not follow an Aioqwe lynch.
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:12 am

Post by charter »

Before I forget, BB, can you answer why you voted WK then immediately unvoted and never gave a reason for either action?
Oman, ever going to get time to answer those questions I pointed out to you?
Strife, waiting for your response to 205. I guess since there's no official question in there, why did you heap another vote onto me? What were you trying to gain? Like I said, I'd believe it to be an accident if it was for someone else than the person you're trying to lynch, but it isn't so it seems fishy.

Thats a good point Strife, I do need to have my vote out since we're nearing deadline.
vote WK

I think Oman has already shot down all three of WK's reason's for voting Oman, but I'll add my two cents.
windkirby wrote:And for Oman (numbered by everyone's posts)

29: I didn't like his denial of sthar8's plan. He says it makes it too easy for scum to control the town, but honestly, this would be ridiculously transparent. Would a no-lynch honestly be better?
Oman never said, or eluded to a no lynch being better. He was opposed to have a set plan because he thought it would be easy for scum to manipulate it. I happened to agree with Oman. And no, it might not be as obvious as you are making it out to be. Say there are two people at five or six votes, one scum comes on and unvotes or revotes someone and can easily prevent a lynch (this is assuming they don't just say unvote X vote Y, and actually make it seem legitimate)
windkirby wrote:108:
What system is it on?
So you weren't "continuing to lead conversation away from what's important" with this?
windkirby wrote:I have a DS, but I'm busy with "The World Ends with You".

Fortunately, because it's not like we have any mafia games going on or anything, we can guilt-free-ly focus all of our attention to the lovely games on the Nintendo DS regardless of what we're actually supposed to be doing right now, like, I don't know, play mafia or whatever. Wait, what is mafia again? More importantly, is everyone picking up on my sarcasm? Maybe it was too subtle...
?
Beyond_Birthday
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Beyond_Birthday
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:16 am

Post by Beyond_Birthday »

@strife - Oman's actions appear to be not very helpful right now, but they are not inherently anti town. But, this has been explained. This is not to dismiss the possibility that this is a scum ruse, but that possibility seems very unlikely at the current moment.

@Charter - The votes on food by you and Oman are definitely arbitrary, but Kiwi's reason is just well, I don't get it. And WK copied Oman, which is suspicious in such an early game. He could have gave a crap random vote for someone else.

@WK - Vibes are a HORRIBLE reason to vote someone. Now, what causes the vibes=reasons, whch may make sense and support your vote. I also don't care for not explaining yourself at all for a previous vote, that is not an possible mistake, and then vote someone else with a vote that just doesn't seem that good. I will give closer inspection to that post tonight.

@strife, again: I agree with you point on Charter, but it still doesn't seem like enough of a reason to lynch him. Not that I object to his lynch, but I just don't think he seems the most scummy. I will, however, review our top three and come up with who I think is the most scummy tonight.

@Charter- My windkirby vote was a mental error. I made the post to try and make up for missing the 48 hour period (or getting in it, but I got home later than expected.) My error was that some of kiwi's actions, which merited him my vote before, came up as WK's (in my head), because I recall windkirby looking suspicious last time I came to this thread. That is as I said, I voted WK due to error, but I don't realy object to any votes on him. He seems scummy by this point...

@Charter- About Oman's summiness, I still think there is a chance he is town. I AM going to use this later if Oman doesn't eventually explain (but he did, later on. This is from my notes of reading, and at that point, this is my response.) Even if he had not explained fully, I still don't think the actions were worthy of a day 1 lynch.

That is all for now. I am at work, be home in about 7-8 hours.

*Sorry for lateness.*
Show
I'm coming up on Infra-Red
There is no running that can hide you
Cause I can see in the dark
Town: 5-2
Mafia: 1-2-1
Neu~: 0-0
6-4-1
"quit making me prove your points." ~Phayt AKA TheSkeward
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by melikefood »

Kiwi I don't find suspicious, just defensive trying to bat off accusations from him.

Charter I'm not suspicious of either, his vote was before my dicing and was random.

WindKirby's argument about Oman derailing the conversation doesn't sound strong and I find it the most suspicious out of the top three.

It's less than a week from deadline, so I'll get my vote out now...

Vote Windkirby

I'll be here if anything new pops up.
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:01 pm

Post by windkirby »

Yerrp... as I figured, everyone hates me now for the floppiness. What's worse, after Oman's response, I'm not suspicious of him anymore, so
unvote
and
claim cop

In case you didn't see from my play here, you can check my first newbie game. I absolutely
suck
as cop.

I breadcrumbed my role as the first captial letter in each of my posts, but this excludes my second post because I figured mafia might be looking for breadcrumbs.

As for the flavor portion, my role PM says I'm "Oriental Ramen," and that I was top of my class with a 4.0 GPA. I use my amazing skillzzz to research who could be part of the evil organization that's trying to threaten the land of PEGBAM, which I still have no idea what is.

I don't know if claiming this really does any good in a closed setup, but one was asked for, and I feel that it
might
help the chances of people deciding to let me live.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:14 pm

Post by melikefood »

Cops get an investigation during the day?
I don't think so.
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:15 pm

Post by melikefood »

EBWOP
I'm mistaken sorry.
I thought you were claiming an investigation.

Skimreading >.>
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:20 pm

Post by melikefood »

EBWOP x 2

So, what does everybody else think?
melikefood
melikefood
Goon
melikefood
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by melikefood »

I'm thinking that even if we let you go, you'll get NK'd by the Mafia if you really are the cop.

Unless the Mafia decides to not kill you in order to play FindMuck with us.

But I doubt that.
I'm not sure what to do here... :?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”