Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:21 am

Post by Oman »

Muerrto wrote: I mentioned it, that's scummy?
Untrue

Muerrto wrote:I've never seen you play like this and it's confusing.
Doesn't this tell you anything? Da da, la, la di da.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:04 am

Post by Muerrto »

Lol that's what I figured I just don't personally do those. You end up in Kiwi's position.(not elaborating)

So speaking from experience, what do you think of Kiwi? I'd be more inclined to be persuaded by your opinion since I don't really have that particular experience to know the difference. Was it or was it not?
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

I feel for the rest of the players every time I get a town PM.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:05 am

Post by Oman »

Bandwagon grew faster than I'd expect scumwagon to.

However, too many people point fingers without voting for it to look clean.

Muerrto: These aren't my cop tells you're picking up on this time :D
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:14 am

Post by Muerrto »

Hehe naw, not that, was thinking the other and since that applies to Kiwi I'll

Unvote

for now. Not because of the speed, even though it was fast. But because you know what you're talking about when it comes to that obviously, I've now seen multiple examples.

Hope you're right.

I'll let everyone else chime in on recent events before I say anything more.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:18 am

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Muerrto wrote:Lol that's what I figured I just don't personally do those. You end up in Kiwi's position.(not elaborating)

So speaking from experience, what do you think of Kiwi? I'd be more inclined to be persuaded by your opinion since I don't really have that particular experience to know the difference. Was it or was it not?
Spend your first game with the likes of Yos, MBF, Dasq, Joudas, and Guardian... You learn not to let the allure of experience guide you. *cough*

I should be back to an active posting regiment tonight/tomorrow!
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:22 am

Post by Muerrto »

DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Spend your first game with the likes of Yos, MBF, Dasq, Joudas, and Guardian... You learn not to let the allure of experience guide you. *cough*
Lol if you check our join dates you'll see I joined before he did. Not what I was referring to.

Heck, one of the more known and respected names on here, Ergo, is a friend of mine from another board and we joined about the same time.

I frequent the newbie games rather than the 'real' ones so my name's not quite as known, but I've been here a while.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:52 pm

Post by aioqwe »

Muerrto wrote:
aioqwe wrote:Muerrto:
aioqwe wrote:Seriously, do you have any other suspicions or are you just going to badger me all day?
Muerrto wrote:Plea.
How is this a plea to emotion. Yes, I asked you a question but you specified that I was pleaing to emotion.
Muerrto wrote:My post listed my suspiscions.
I made this request before you posted your suspicions
I'd definitely call that a plea, that's all I can say about that. I'm not calling for your lynch I'm simply voting for you. So are 4 other people(3 now I think). Your defense is weak and not really a defense. Claiming you did something because of this AFTER you did it is as easy as simply doing it and making up a reason after. How is that a defense?
Plea does not equate to plea to emotion. Isn't a vote a call to lynch?

You might say it's just pressure, but it's the pressure of being lynched. No matter how you look at it, you're still pushing my lynch.

How is it weak? Saying it's weak does not make it weak.

So I should say that I'm acting scummy on purpose to draw reactions, as I act scummy or before other people react? How is that effective?
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:00 pm

Post by Muerrto »

aioqwe wrote:Plea does not equate to plea to emotion. Isn't a vote a call to lynch?

You might say it's just pressure, but it's the pressure of being lynched. No matter how you look at it, you're still pushing my lynch.
Ok...I may have unvoted you, but this was a horrible post.

You're going to make newbies scared to vote someone. A vote is NOT a call to lynch.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Muerrto wrote:
aioqwe wrote:Plea does not equate to plea to emotion. Isn't a vote a call to lynch?

You're going to make newbies scared to vote someone. A vote is NOT a call to lynch.
To add, a vote can be used to pressure someone. Scum start to slip when the votes start coming their way, in my opinion.

Now then, I find it funny that Food or someone of the sort said "Let's look at some of the players that haven't really been talking much" or something of the sort, and I get looked over. XD Nice.

I'm looking around to find some scummy actions, so sit tight and I'll have something for you sometime soon.
DarlaBlueEyes
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
DarlaBlueEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by DarlaBlueEyes »

Muerrto wrote:
DarlaBlueEyes wrote:Spend your first game with the likes of Yos, MBF, Dasq, Joudas, and Guardian... You learn not to let the allure of experience guide you. *cough*
Lol if you check our join dates you'll see I joined before he did. Not what I was referring to.

Heck, one of the more known and respected names on here, Ergo, is a friend of mine from another board and we joined about the same time.

I frequent the newbie games rather than the 'real' ones so my name's not quite as known, but I've been here a while.
Ahh, I see I see. You are not completely unheard of, Your name has reached my ears a few times.

agreed about the Kiwi post, WIFOMy Semantics and it didn't make a lot of sense, I've always been a fan of the Pressure Vote myself, and its hardly a lynch vote. I use it to get someone talking and usually retract it once I am satisfied, or leave it when they show to be scum.
Show
you done goofed.

Il Sarcastro (3:40:26 AM): Hitler doesn't like the Beatles
Il Sarcastro (3:40:30 AM): And that's what makes him Hitler
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by strife220 »

Oman wrote:Bandwagon grew faster than I'd expect scumwagon to.
Disagree here sort of. Aiowqe's bandwagon had a reason for it, and this game is under 2 week deadlines at all times. Bandwagons have to happen fast, and people need to take that into account when they're looking for scumtells.

"Sort of" being, what about Food's bandwagon? Page 2, 4 votes from using dice to random vote? If you think townie-wagons grow faster than scum-wagons, you must think it's because there is scum on them. Why haven't you invested much interested into the members of said wagon?

In general, I have no clue what the hell kind of conversation is going on between Oman and Muerrto. Muerrto's right about Oman's awkward playing here, yet by the end of the conversation they seem to be buddied up. Clearly Muerrto understands something I don't, and I think Oman seems to be soft-claiming, which I definitely don't like. If either of you are townies I suggest you stop the encoded messages immediately.
Limited access, Aug 29 - Sept 3
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:08 pm

Post by Oman »

Muerrto understands my stance on mafia philosophy, he's played with me before and knows that I don't do things without a reason.

Mafia isn't an overt mental masturbation for me, but I would like to point out that I'm smarter than soft-claiming page 7 (even though, as per usual, I've dropped a ton of crumbs as to my role, and ironically, the post to Muerrto wasn't one).

Note: we're not encoding them. We're talking about something you don't understand. The difference is that what we're doing is not anti-town at all. Unless you believe it to be, in which case I would love to hear that.

Now, one thing I do love is WIFOM, so me just mentioning the cop tells that Muerrto got me on last time makes for a nice WIFOM situation. Townies can ignore it, it has no bearing on you, its merely banter. But the scum need to consider the possibility that I've been getting doc tells from muerrto (or similar) and am trying to let him know to protect me.

Then again, I could be a searching mason out looking for my partner, or I could already know my partner, and we might have an investigation between us, or possibly my partner is a tracker.

You see strife, if you're town, you can ignore all of that, because it doesn't affect the daygame, which is how you and me interact (unless of course, you're scum).
Strife wrote:Aiowqe's bandwagon had a reason for it
Lets observe those reasons...go on, take a look. They're terrible reasons.
Strife wrote: Muerrto's right about Oman's awkward playing here, yet by the end of the conversation they seem to be buddied up
Yeah, cause we're buddies. We've played a lot together, and he's a good bloke.
Strife wrote:If either of you are townies I suggest you stop the encoded messages immediately.
Final Question for this post:
Is "encoding" messages between two players like this inherently anti-town? If not, why do you disapprove? If so, explain how and whether you think that makes one, or both of us scum?
windkirby
windkirby
Goon
windkirby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:39 am

Post by windkirby »

Reread the thread.
unvote, vote: sthart8

Primarily vibes, although Oman is becoming a close second in that category. If anyone has questions about either of these vibes, I can probably scrounge up the posts that did it.
The "communication" between Oman and Muerrto, I find, is minor at best, however, although now that it has been mentioned, I've made a note to keep an eye on them. At the level it's at now, though, I don't find it very suspicious.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:01 am

Post by sthar8 »

Just checking in, will post later after I sober up a bit. Hopefully I can stop the horrible vibrating that I'm apparently doing.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:05 am

Post by Oman »

windkirby wrote:Reread the thread.
unvote, vote: sthart8

Primarily vibes, although Oman is becoming a close second in that category. If anyone has questions about either of these vibes, I can probably scrounge up the posts that did it.
The "communication" between Oman and Muerrto, I find, is minor at best, however, although now that it has been mentioned, I've made a note to keep an eye on them. At the level it's at now, though, I don't find it very suspicious.
Yep, I want reasons for both. at 7 pages you should have more than 'Vibes"
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:02 am

Post by strife220 »

Oman wrote:Final Question for this post:[/b][/u] Is "encoding" messages between two players like this inherently anti-town? If not, why do you disapprove? If so, explain how and whether you think that makes one, or both of us scum?
Only question of this post?
"Encoding" messages is not anti-town if the two players talking are confirmed townies. If this is the case, then town can ignore what you're saying and trust you.
The problem is, you're not a confirmed townie. Nor is Muerrto. And you shouldn't know each other's alignment - and if you do, your breadcrumbing information to scum while leaving town in the dark. Encoded messages imply that you both know something that we do not (informed minority), which makes town suspicious and paranoid.
Oman wrote:Note: we're not encoding them. We're talking about something you don't understand. The difference is that what we're doing is not anti-town at all.
Very convincing - I love the "trust me" argument. How are we supposed to know that what you're doing is pro-town?
Windkirby wrote:Oman is becoming a close second in that category.
Case in point. If you and windkirby are both town, you've struck him with paranoia and distracted him from trying to find scum.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:17 am

Post by Oman »

strife wrote:ow are we supposed to know that what you're doing is pro-town?
No. Its irrelevant to the game.
Strife wrote: Case in point. If you and windkirby are both town, you've struck him with paranoia and distracted him from trying to find scum.
Windkirby, I love you dearly, please don't take this badly but:

Thats not my problem, nor my fault. If a player is distracted by small simple things, then if its not me, it'll be something else.
strife220
strife220
Mafia Scum
strife220
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:28 am

Post by strife220 »

Oman wrote:
strife wrote:ow are we supposed to know that what you're doing is pro-town?
No. Its irrelevant to the game.
Strife wrote: Case in point. If you and windkirby are both town, you've struck him with paranoia and distracted him from trying to find scum.
Windkirby, I love you dearly, please don't take this badly but:

Thats not my problem, nor my fault. If a player is distracted by small simple things, then if its not me, it'll be something else.
If it's not relevant then why did you say it?

If you do something that implies you're informed, and somebody else thinks "Woah... he seems like he could be an informed minority," then it is your fault.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:27 am

Post by Oman »

Because its relevant to our relationship as people.

I am informed, about things that aren't alignments in the game. Where, in my banter with Muerrto, do I say anything about alignments that aren't my own.

More to the point, if we were scumbuddies, why the hell would we do this in thread?!
aioqwe
aioqwe
Goon
aioqwe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:41 am

Post by aioqwe »

Muerrto wrote:

I should re-read my posts more often; I don't even understand what I'm saying >.<

I consider a vote as an attack. I made a leap from attack to call to lynch... All I can say is that I'm feeling my logic impaired after practicing for the SAT all day...

I don't think that Oman and Muerrto's discussions are inherently anti-town. If they start behaving in a mafia-like manner, or if one get's killed and turns out to be a mafia, this may be a reason to lynch the other. As it stands, they could be chums, they could be mafia, or there could be unthought of possibilities in which case they are not mafia.

I need to go now... so I will comment on the last couple of posts after lunch....
ClockworkRuse
ClockworkRuse
Goon
ClockworkRuse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:44 am

Post by ClockworkRuse »

Oman wrote:Because its relevant to our relationship as people.

I am informed, about things that aren't alignments in the game. Where, in my banter with Muerrto, do I say anything about alignments that aren't my own.

More to the point, if we were scumbuddies, why the hell would we do this in thread?!
WIFOM. However, I don't believe they are acting anti-town right now. Perhaps a little non pro-town if anything. I don't think they are scum though, not yet at least.

Windkirby, reasons on sthar and Oman would be nice.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:50 am

Post by Muerrto »

Well Oman, sorry. From now on I'll remember this occurence and not get so riled up when you attack me for bad reasons, defeats the point.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:17 am

Post by charter »

Sorry, I posted in the V/LA thread that I was going to be gone and I didn't have time before I left to pm all the mod's of my games... But I'm back now. I don't have much time now, but I went through quickly so I'll address this.
strife220 wrote:
Unvote, Vote Charter

The vote on me was horrible, your vote on Darla was horrible, and your overdefensiveness to me saying 'there's probably scum on the MLF-wagon' implies that I was definitely correct, and possibly even nailed both you and your partner.
Now you've convinced yourself that you are correct? So according to you, since there's two scum in that four, what order would you lynch them in? Why aren't you arguing to lynch all of them, since you're "definately correct"? You think you know everything, but I can't see how you're so sure that you're right. I agree that the wagon on food was poorly justified, but I think you're reading much too far into it and whatever convinced you that you've already found two scum.
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:00 pm

Post by sthar8 »

Oman: Assuming all that hinting was pointing at what I thought it was, I'll keep that in mind. The problem is that Kiwi keeps saying things that make it seem like he's more interested in people ignoring him than he is in finding scum, which doesn't quite mesh with his earlier play.

We obviously can't trust you completely, though. You could just be manipulating Muerrto and buddying up. Not a whole lot of evidence for this though.
aioqwe wrote:Seriously, do you have any other suspicions or are you just going to badger me all day?
Kiwi, I don't know what Muerrto mean by "plea," but this is a loaded question based on the negative connotations of the word "badger." It creates a false dilemma between moving on to another suspect and "badgering" you, which ignores the possibility that Muerrto continues to pursue you, but without harassment. Also, in any noncomplete answer to this question, Muerrto would confess to having "badgered" you.

I'd like to see some scumhunting by Kiwi, Liam, Clockwork, and Food. Kiwi has been focused on his own defense for too long, I need verification of Liam's opinions (they seem to agree with mine), I don't know how Clockwork feels about anybody, which leaves him unaccountable for whatever happens today, and Food doesn't have anything concrete i -thread, which makes me wonder about what his priorities are.

Darla, in your las big post you didn't address Liam or I on your list, presumably because you were rushed for time. Would you like to share your opinions now?

Miles, happy 15th birthday. You are about 1 year younger than my brother.
Muerrto
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Muerrto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:12 pm

Post by Muerrto »

sthar8 wrote:
Kiwi, I don't know what Muerrto mean by "plea"
He's basically saying 'leave me alone, you picked on me enough, go focus on someone else' as if if he IS scum I'm not supposed to be concentrating on him. That's a plea to emotion.

And posts like the above are starting to make me think Oman may not quite be right about Kiwi's original intentions. His posts lately have been useless as far as scumhunting goes.
Show
Games - 31
Town - Win=9, Loss=10
Mafia - Win=5, Loss=4
Abondoned = 3

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”