Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1849, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1812, Gentleman 6 wrote:but like he and L7 have been running around playing interference calling people scummy for objectively towny posting and basically preventing anyone from getting townread.
That I can agree with you there.
Find me an example besides G3.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:59 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1815, Gentleman 4 wrote:Ok, can you quote any of Gentleman 5's posts that support this posture? Or even a string of them to give them context?
It’s more of the vibe and when G5 chooses to interact and what he expresses with his Post.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:00 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1816, Gentleman 5 wrote:G6 is aware that umm....

I got more active recently, right?
That has like.. nothing to do with it.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

I hope I get to stay to the dance but if I don’t I hope you all Town read Gent 3 and don’t lynch him.
If Gent 3 surely doesn’t want to be my partner I think the only other Gentleman left that would consider me would be Gentleman 1 who I currently Null read.
I suppose it would give me an opportunity to get to read him a bit better.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:03 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1836, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1828, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1826, Gentleman 5 wrote:P-Edit: Then you better out your reason that L8 is town beyond a doubt.
I don't have to out anything. L8's slot alignment is completely independent of mine and completely independent of the quality of my read on you.
You're trying to hide behind shading a slot that's not even mine to discredit my read on you.
I think youre town but L8 isnt.

Ive made it clear throughout the day that theres scum in L5/L8.

Youre deathtunneling me for reasons im not quite sure warrant suiciding to get your lynch.
Hold up.
Why exactly Me/L8?
Did an interaction between us ping you?
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1710, Gentleman 7 wrote:
Lady 7, would you like to dance?
Okay then!

I accept this request to dance with gentleman 7
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:04 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1852, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1816, Gentleman 5 wrote:G6 is aware that umm....

I got more active recently, right?
That has like.. nothing to do with it.
I think it does. Which is why he needs to clarify “I read him as scum since the begining”

P-Edit: Yes, which is why I asked you in the first place. Nice job catching up
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Sure. L8. L3. L5. L6 before she clearly had reads so bad that she's +equity to townread.
As with G3, his activity and honest posting from the begining was good, and yet I dont want to put him down as town yet. It warrants a closer look later
this was on G3 in the very early game as well.
Also your only townreads (the most important part is contrast) are me, L9 (universal townreads) and the person who has clearly bad reads. And you've hedged on your read on me and made an out to lynch me by shading L8 and you kill L9 by killing the IC so effectively you have no town pairs that you've advocated to go to endgame.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:05 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1820, Gentleman 5 wrote:Regardless its starting to make sense why hes been ignoring me.

I could go into detail why, but its clear he has an ace in his sleeve apparently (or hes scum with L8).

A L5 scumflip goes a LONG way to supporting him, but Im willing to let it go for now.
Supporting who? Gent 3?
I still don’t understand how you could ever lock scum Gent 3 TBH by the fact that I lock towned him.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:07 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1858, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1820, Gentleman 5 wrote:Regardless its starting to make sense why hes been ignoring me.

I could go into detail why, but its clear he has an ace in his sleeve apparently (or hes scum with L8).

A L5 scumflip goes a LONG way to supporting him, but Im willing to let it go for now.
Supporting who? Gent 3?
I still don’t understand how you could ever lock scum Gent 3 TBH by the fact that I lock towned him.
G6.

Can you please look up our conversation about you, i think you should check it again
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:08 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1822, Gentleman 6 wrote:You're not letting jack shit go: I am not letting you survive to the end of the first dance.
I’d laugh if 2 mafia members are Gent 5 and Lady 8.
I would honestly cry because no matter which one of you two get lynched the other could still be mafia.

Yeah you know what. I refuse to get killed and sit back screaming at Town.
I refuse to let Town, Town Read the pair of G5/L4 - G6/L8 that didn’t get lynched.
In fact I may consider lynching both pairs as both have an equal chance of containing scum within them.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1826, Gentleman 5 wrote:I want to just point out that “shade” and “deepwolf” are concepts im not entirely certain of what they mean.

I figure shade means scumreading without actually focusing on them.

Deepwolf I got nothing.

P-Edit: Then you better out your reason that L8 is town beyond a doubt.
Shade - making someone else’s post look bad/scummy when it isn’t always the case.

Deepwolf - Scum that gets Town Read for a majority of the game.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:10 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1860, Lady 5 wrote:I’d laugh if 2 mafia members are Gent 5 and Lady 8.
I don't think this is true for the simple reason that the appropriate play if those two are scum together is to use me/Lady 8 as the endgame pairing. Not to bus L8 who is paired with the towniest gentlemen.
I've made mistakes many times in the past looking for busers before I look for simple scum pushing mislynches.

If we kill a few scum in the places I'm expecting there's probably going to be a few pairings that can go to endgame before mine either way though. Assuming we even live intermission.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1830, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 1824, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 1823, Gentleman 6 wrote:L4, if I leave the dance (proof that I'm town) can you leave the dance after?
Whoa okay G6 you have quite that strong a read on G5?

I will prioritize more of my time available for this game to reading that slot I guess.
I think it’s G5 and L8 TBH.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

Spoiler: Gentleman 5 has been unnecessarily hostile to Lady 8 for scum buddies
In post 909, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 907, Lady 8 wrote:Hi, I'm catching up. The site has been really bad lately so it's hard to load pages.
In post 783, Gentleman 5 wrote: Without stating reasons at this time, I think either L8 or L5 shouldnt be dancing.
Do you actually have reasoning for this? I'd like to at least play First Dance before dying.
Then we have different opinions on the matter.
Lady 8 wrote:
In post 800, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 795, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 785, Gentleman 5 wrote:Personally, I feel outting townreads are a bad idea until dance time, but thats just me?
Wait, why is outing townreads a bad idea? I'm of the opinion that we should get a strong towncore--of course, this does depend on our ability to keep scum out. I don't really see the advantage of hiding them?
Again, I think its better not to out town reads until we dance, as we have to factor the pairs.
We can only scumhunt in ladies right now and theres the possibility that all 8 of them could be town.
Is this a town-slip? All of dance games have been 1:2 or 2:1 for scum ratios.
Gamblers Fallacy says this setup will most likely be 1:2 or 2:1
In post 917, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 910, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 819, Gentleman 6 wrote: 8 I don't remember.
You literally town-read me and the fact that you forgot makes me think you're town with limited knowledge. Scum wouldn't fuck up their reads this bad.
This is true, but youre not getting any townpoints for stating the obvious.
Gentleman 6 wrote:Those are my gentlemen reads, not lady reads.

I still think you're town but you're not active enough to be a good pair for me right now.
Assuming youre talking about L8, I just feel youre spiting me at this point.
In post 980, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 978, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 920, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 908, Lady 8 wrote:Is this a town-slip? All of dance games have been 1:2 or 2:1 for scum ratios.
How would this be a townslip?
Lack of knowledge of setup?
Whats your point your trying to prove? That im town because of setup spec?
In post 1020, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1005, Gentleman 6 wrote:Whatever disregard correct play dance with the hottest girl.

Lady 8, will you dance with me?
You hate to see it.
Lady 5 wrote:Gentleman 5 would help with pushing my scum Reads but I’d have trouble trusting him at least in the beginning as he’s not my Lock Town where I can say with 100% confidence that Gentleman 3 is Town.
Me and Him can share are Reads and make stronger solving.
Hey FakeGod, am I allowed to retract my invite?
In post 1087, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1006, Gentleman 4 wrote:
In post 1005, Gentleman 6 wrote:Whatever disregard correct play dance with the hottest girl.

The degree to which my head is in the same space as yours this game is remarkable.
Lady 7 wrote:I’ll laugh if g4 and l8 are scum together and g4 manipulated g6 away from town and to his partner.
:shifty:

(I dont endorse this or anything, just thought it was funny)
Gentleman 4 wrote:I want to ask you something further, Gentleman 5, but I can't put my finger on what it is. If you manage to think of it, I'd be very grateful.?
I dont want two out anything at this time, sorry.
In post 1169, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1162, Gentleman 4 wrote:The Lady 8 scum reads don't make sense to me.

I also don't think that forgiving Lady 6 just because she plays like she's got binoculars glued to her eyes is the best course of action either. Too scummy to be scum is rarely an argument, I think.
Ill go into it more if she ends up at the dance.

Tunnel Vision is usually a town issue. I take more issue with L3’s commanding than I do L6 at this time, but...
Lady 6 wrote:
In post 1159, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1158, Gentleman 6 wrote:Actually, I dunno if L6 is scum.
^

L5 and L8 deserve to die before L6 imo.

I can dig this chicks vibe. Not sold on town, but Ill play.
I don't think Lady 8 should die. I think Lady 3-5 and G4 have at least 2 scum.

If I had to guess the last scum, it would be G1 or G8 although I would want it to be G6 because he was an ass earlier.
Nopenopenopenopenopenope. Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. You lost me.

That said, the post above seems townie though, as I feel those reads are reactionary rather than actual reads imo.
In post 1441, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1270, Lady 8 wrote:I'm reading. I'm trying to commit to at least one catchup a day.

I accept.
That was fast. In fact thats the first thing L8 mentions: making sure shes going to the next round.

G6: You mentioned it after you made the proposal but Id like to ask you again - do you think your pairing is T-T?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Notably I think she's wrong but I understand where she would get that read from.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Notably I think she's wrong but I understand where she would get that read from.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

His responses to her have been relatively natural and I wouldn't expect them to be scum together. That said, looking for associatives in Pre-Dance - not even before the first flip, but before we're even allowed to vote is asinine.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:14 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1832, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 1827, Gentleman 6 wrote:L4, if I leave the dance (proof that I'm town) can you leave the dance after?
In your perspective, is losing 3 townies for 1 scum optimal.

Id actually wouldnt mind if L4 takes that deal if L5 flips town.
Wouldn’t that just be worse?
Wouldn’t it be a better deal if I flipped Mafia?

How about this.
Both of you Pairs can die.
How’s that sound? Good? Cool!
Lady 6
Lady 6
Goon
Lady 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Lady 6 »

I really only dislike Lady 4 in that setup. I am not a fan of trading all those people unless I had no choice.
Lady 7
Lady 7
Goon
Lady 7
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:15 pm

Post by Lady 7 »

In post 1811, Gentleman 6 wrote:Yeah like

I'm not... spectacularly sure on L7. She's playing a very scum motivated game. Is it possible that she's town being weird? Sure I guess.

But gentleman 5 is mafia
In post 1812, Gentleman 6 wrote:but like he and L7 have been running around playing interference calling people scummy for objectively towny posting and basically preventing anyone from getting townread.
Guh?

It's definite I'm town, possible that I'm weird. I can be pretty weird at times, sure.

Scumhunting isn't being scum motivated, nor is it running interference preventing people from being town read. Scum post objectively towny looking posts all the time. If they didn't, scum would never win. I'm very careful with my town reads because I want them to be right.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1857, Gentleman 6 wrote:Sure. L8. L3. L5. L6 before she clearly had reads so bad that she's +equity to townread.
As with G3, his activity and honest posting from the begining was good, and yet I dont want to put him down as town yet. It warrants a closer look later
this was on G3 in the very early game as well.
Also your only townreads (the most important part is contrast) are me, L9 (universal townreads) and the person who has clearly bad reads. And you've hedged on your read on me and made an out to lynch me by shading L8 and you kill L9 by killing the IC so effectively you have no town pairs that you've advocated to go to endgame.
I never scumread L6. Shes been town since the start, Ive defended her when she looked bad yesterday. Other 3 are correct, theres scum in 8/5/3.

You wanna get me for waffling on G3, fine. Theres just something about his posting when I started reading that I couldnt give him a straight townread on for. Its gotten really bad recently that Id say theres a good chance G3 is survivalist scum.

I assume you are saying my townreads are G6, L9, and L6? Thats correct.

I want L8 dead, which is why Ive said I wish you wouldnt have partnered L8. Im willing to get rid of you to get scum, just like you wanted to do to me when I asked L5, so whats your point? Theres a chance I could still go after L3 even though I like G4.

I dont have a night kill so I cant answer the latter half of that.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:17 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

If Gent 5 is scum like I’m starting to truly think.
It probably went something like this:

“Ok Lady 5 seems bad, maybe I can trick her into siding with me. I don’t think she would leave the dance on me or scum read me”
“Holy shit I don’t think she trusts me enough, but I think Lady 4 does”
“I think I’ll ask Lady 4 out to attempt to earn her trust”
“Ok I got to make sure Lady 5 doesn’t make it to the dance or I could be fucked”

And the more I think of this gives me more of a reason to want to be in the dance phase.
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:18 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 806, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 803, Gentleman 6 wrote:I don't. 1 and 6 are either going to start posting or get replaced. 5's posting gives me a headache and I think they're above average scum equity.
I think 8 may be a better scum pick.

I agree with you with 5s posting, but im willing to let it go today.
In post 807, Gentleman 6 wrote:I see literally no reason to and unless something drastically changes from now to then she would be the slot I'd end up pushing to kill tomorrow.
In post 808, Gentleman 5 wrote:Ok.

I have hesitance on scumreading L5, but I dont intend on showing my hand just yet, as I want to see how the pairings go first. As L5 wont be back til Friday, I want to see how the other pairs go for now.
In post 809, Gentleman 6 wrote:The way you're defending her makes me want her dead more and you next if she's scum.
In post 810, Gentleman 5 wrote:
In post 809, Gentleman 6 wrote:The way you're defending her makes me want her dead more and you next if she's scum.
Deal.
L5, are you aware of this? Yes or no?
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:19 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

There are only two possible circumstances I can see where Lady 7 takes Gentleman 7 as a partner (if she's scum) over Gentleman 8. The first is that she is buddies with Gentleman 8, and the second is that her partner(s) already have matches or are gentlemen.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”