Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

In post 1798, Lady 5 wrote:Maybe if I ISO Dive Lady 6 I’ll see if it matches my friend but I doubt it.
Does it even matter. Fakegod isnt going to let you pick your replacement.
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

No they aren’t her.
I can say it with 100% confidence unless their Playstyle changed overnight.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

You live in Great Britain, correct?
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1802, Gentleman 6 wrote:You live in Great Britain, correct?
No
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Oh okay my alt guess was wrong then anyway.
Lady 4
Lady 4
Goon
Lady 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:32 pm

Post by Lady 4 »

In post 1784, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1781, Lady 4 wrote:Gentlemen pls

Just pick somebody for the love of god
^
My guess is you just want the dance phase to start.
Is that correct?
Yeah I'm sick of not being able to vote
Lady 5
Lady 5
Goon
Lady 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Post by Lady 5 »

In post 1805, Lady 4 wrote:
In post 1784, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 1781, Lady 4 wrote:Gentlemen pls

Just pick somebody for the love of god
^
My guess is you just want the dance phase to start.
Is that correct?
Yeah I'm sick of not being able to vote
I feel yeah.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:08 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Meh. My townreads this game are all in the quote unquote PoE and all the slots that I actually think might be scum aren't. Except the slots that have barely posted.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:12 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1682, Lady 3 wrote:Like what do you normally do everygame? Are you usually townread? Are you good at catching deepwolves? Vs scum ?
In post 1687, Lady 3 wrote:Okay because if you really think about everyone is a lot better late game and like saying I can catch scum better lategame doesn't mean much because the coinflipping is easier late game than early which is why I need to know if you are some god or just like the rest of us mortals.
I don't see why you ask your scumreads this question.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:13 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

G5 moreso, he just feels like he's asking all the wrong questions from the wrong viewpoints.

I guess L3's stuff isn't all THAT scum indicative, it just bugs me.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:14 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

If I were to propose a scumteam right now it would be G5-L7-unknown.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:26 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Yeah like

I'm not... spectacularly sure on L7. She's playing a very scum motivated game. Is it possible that she's town being weird? Sure I guess.

But gentleman 5 is mafia
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:31 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

but like he and L7 have been running around playing interference calling people scummy for objectively towny posting and basically preventing anyone from getting townread.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:32 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

I legitimately don't understand why you think Lady 3's obvious attempt to sort another player could in any way be construed as scummy? You were the player earlier this game that was saying you were never sure on anyone, how is trying to sort people scum indicative?

Please quote where you think Gentleman 5 has been asking the wrong questions from the wrong perspective. Several specific quotes would be helpful - even if you can't explain them, maybe I can somewhat see where you're coming from?

This is the second time today (at least as far as I remember) you've made a general claim with little or no visible base and the second time I've asked you to follow up on such claims - I have yet to see anything fruitful come from the first one.

I think that it would very much benefit you to begin typing your thoughts out of thread, I think it's becoming apparent you're getting paranoid because (allow me to assume a bit here) up until now most of your reads have been surface or close to and now you're seeing a possible other side to your surface reads and it's causing you to examine everything more closely. I can assure you, however, that pointing fingers randomly at the last person to make you feel slightly uncomfortable will only very quickly lose you any standing you had with those players and before long instead of having several players who want to work with you, you'll be howling into the wind as the rest of us play without you.

Please, wait until you have solid form and evidence before you begin your rampage - the dance hasn't even started yet, pointing fingers at couples is borderline useless. Suspicion is fine as long as it is kept in check. Every thought that crosses your head doesn't belong in the game thread.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:34 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I've literally scumread Gentleman 5 without pause since the start of the game. I was willing to soften it since everyone townread them by calling it deepwolf, but that read has never changed.
L7 has fluctuated, and my posting reflects the fact that that read has fluctuated. Everyone else, L3 and so on, I have given both stances on.

I don't think it is likely that anything from here happens to change my read on Gentleman 5; the point where I called L7 the scummiest slot in the game is different from me saying that G5 is mafia outright.
Gentleman 4
Gentleman 4
Goon
Gentleman 4
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 pm

Post by Gentleman 4 »

Ok, can you quote any of Gentleman 5's posts that support this posture? Or even a string of them to give them context?
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:38 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

G6 is aware that umm....

I got more active recently, right?
Lady 2
Lady 2
Goon
Lady 2
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:39 pm

Post by Lady 2 »

Okay I'm trying to digest the content. L6's entrance is ... it's hard for me not to feel almost indignant about it, like she made three posts prior to yesterday evening and suddenly is loudly proclaiming how valuable her prior contributions were etc. But no, that isn't necessarily scummy. So - fine.

Of the one thing addressed directly to me, G4's 1464 - I think I explained it poorly; L8 engaged around the subject of L5's early tone/posting style stuff in an odd way, see below

Spoiler:
In post 92, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 81, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 77, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 34, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 25, Lady 3 wrote:Lady 5 rolled scum tbh
<_> Lady 3 rolled Neutral.
Why would you make this post?
Because I wanted to joke around! “_”
It seems initially scummy and lessens your chances of getting asked to the dance because it seems like you're afraid of engaging in a read of a player.
In post 99, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 96, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 92, Lady 8 wrote:It seems initially scummy and lessens your chances of getting asked to the dance because it seems like you're afraid of engaging in a read of a player.
Why does a joke suggest that she's afraid of making a read?
That assumes it is a joke.
In post 105, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 98, Lady 5 wrote:
Well if the post came off scummy that’s entirely your point of view! ^_^
I seen it as a joke.
I didn’t think they were serious of their read so I didn’t feel a reason to take it seriously.
^_^
My bad if it came up bad, don’t shade me though based off of that.
Every Lady has an equal chance to get asked out! ^_^
I actually don't think it's scum indicative but I feel like it could of been interpreted as one.
In post 110, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 104, Gentleman 3 wrote:
In post 99, Lady 8 wrote:That assumes it is a joke.
She literally just said it was...
Nevermind.

I was referencing that if she was scum, it would of been a nice cover up.
In post 114, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 109, Gentleman 6 wrote:
In post 102, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 92, Lady 8 wrote:It seems initially scummy and lessens your chances of getting asked to the dance because it seems like you're afraid of engaging in a read of a player.
The question isn't directed at me, but I want to point out that it seems to me like Lady 5 is specifically avoiding making non-joke posts. She's ignored my more serious posts twice now. Joking is fine but she doesn't have any non-jokey content yet.
I interpret that apathy as townie. I think that scum care a lot more about getting town read than town do right now.
Partially correct. I would argue that strong scum hunters and players with huge ego care about getting town read more.
In post 118, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 106, Lady 5 wrote:
In post 99, Lady 8 wrote:
That assumes it is a joke.
Do you actually think I’m that stupid to believe a Neutral exists in this setup?
Neutral is synonymous with null I would argue.
In post 120, Lady 8 wrote:Why are we arguing whether smiley faces are AI?
In post 125, Lady 8 wrote:
In post 122, Lady 9 wrote:
In post 120, Lady 8 wrote:Why are we arguing whether smiley faces are AI?
I think that's an oversimplification of the discussion. But anyway, offer something else to talk about if you have a problem with it.
Sure. Should we go for optimal pairings or just wing it?
In post 124, Gentleman 6 wrote:I agree that town carry playstyles will also want to show themselves to be town quickly.

But I don't think that avoiding serious talk in the early game when prompted to is a scumtell and I would lean it and Lady 5 the other way.
I'm not used to anon games so it's taking a bit of time to get used to it. But yes, I agree with your assessment on Lady 5.

Okay that's a whole stretch of L8's early ISO - L5's joke could seem scummy, L8 doesn't
actually
think it was scummy but is interested in noting that it could be interpreted that way, agrees in a weirdly qualified way with G6 that apathy about making non-jokey content can be Townie, doesn't think that talking about smiley faces as AI makes sense, agrees outright with G6 that L5's play leans Town. Look, reading it, I don't think that doubling down on this as strongly scummy play from L8 is accurate. Looking back, yeah, I think calling this sheeping G6 is too strong a statement. I think the thing I saw here that bears noticing is that from several posts about L5's posting style and so forth I don't know what L8 actually thought of it. G6 stated simply that he would lean it Town. Only by the point that he said that outright did L8 clearly state her stance (that she felt the same, that it leaned L5 towards Town). I especially don't want to sit around arguing the matter strongly as before; L8 paired with G6, and like I said, I'm fine with that and interested in getting more from G6 about his read on L8 as the game progresses.
In post 1471, Gentleman 4 wrote:
For reference, remaining Gentleman and Ladies:

Gentlemen 1, 3, 7, and 8
have no partners. Of these, only Gentleman 3 has posted in the last day and a half, and only Gentlemen 7 and 3 have posted in the last three days.

Ladies 1, 2, 5, 6, and 7
have no partners. Of these, all have posted in the last 24 hours, with the exception of Lady 1 who hasn't posted in four days.

If your name was listed here, I'm really interested to here your thoughts on prospective partners or if you've already explained that, why you've been pushing for said partner (with the exception of Gentleman 3). Gentlemen 3 seems to be a hot commodity for the Ladies, am I wrong?
I'd probably take G3 if asked but I'd want to do a focused read before accepting unless that was absolutely impossible. I'd prefer G1 or G7 based on their content when they were posting, though I guess realistically I need to downgrade their desirability a little based on recent activity. I had no read on G8 when he posted, like, twice.
In post 1487, Gentleman 3 wrote:I want L2 and L6 to weigh in on this when they get a chance. To both of you, if I pair with you, how will you go about trying to read me? What will you do if you scumread me? What will you do if I scumread you?
Trying to read you: probably aggressive qt interaction, that's pretty much the obvious but the more you can keep up the better I would probably feel. It is a useful tool. If I scumread you I am unlikely to just leave the dance to force you out, if that's what you're wondering. You currently are far from a universal Townread. I am not always the most charismatic in getting my scumreads lynched but I think I can present concerns and start a wagon on you if necessary. If you scumread me, that would depend on a few factors, including whether the suspicion is mutual or not, I'd definitely try to figure out where your read was coming from but I would probably just make my case to you about being Town and also why someone I scumread deserves your focus if I was reasonably convinced that your suspicions were sincere from you as Town.

G8 asking L7 with almost no content posts is, wow. Just reading it it's like going 0 to 60 in one sentence.
In post 1497, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 977, Lady 2 wrote:
In post 973, Lady 3 wrote:Who are you looking to pair with Lady 2?
I'd be open to G6 but he doesn't have eyes for me. I've thought about G1 (needs to start posting again tho) and G7 (though I've questioned whether he's Town quite a bit) as potentially attractive partners.
What do you like about me?

I don't really remember that much about you, tbh. I'm going to have to look back at you after I catch up to see how I feel.
I think I said this but it was this that made me interested in pairing with you:
In post 873, Gentleman 7 wrote:
In post 862, Lady 7 wrote:I retract my earlier wooden feel on g7.

He’s cool.

G7 - why don’t you want to partner with someone too towny?
I don't feel like I'm too town read and what we need to win is to create as many strong T/T pairs as possible. If I'm scumread, it will potentially get someone who's well townread to die from being lynched or them leaving. I still want to pair with someone I consider town, to potentially help in solving, bit nit someone whow iso a consensus TR unless I am as well.
For some reason I looked at that and thought to myself that hey, I'm not a consensus Townread, and yeah, I don't have anything close to a lock Townread on you, but in that respect I'm kind of what you're looking for - maybe that makes us a potential match. I thought about it and figured I could work with you from this type of angle, anyway.

Catherine, is the amber-haired lady you dislike numbered 8 or 9? - oh, okay, I see you mean 8.
In post 1587, Gentleman 4 wrote:I'm almost certain that replace out discussion like this both goes against the spirit of the game (at least in my interpretation of the moderator's posts) as well as the spirit of the site-wide rule pertaining to replacing out. Either way, I'm specifically requesting here that you don't discuss it -- simply take the action you deem necessary and be done with the matter.
This.

I will not engage with L5 while she is talking about finding a replacement behind the scenes. All of her posts regarding this matter are absolutely and clearly in violation of
site rules
, specifically Rule 3 under Mafia Rules.

Also STOPPPPP talking about guessing mains at all. Thanks.

I feel like I need to sit and digest here a little bit. Not really confident in any of my suspicions at the moment. I read a lot of words but I don't feel like I'm seeing the shape of the game as it changed over the last 30-odd pages all that clearly (e.g. who benefited? who didn't?)
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

I'm not quite sure how to explain what I"m seeing.
I just would like to believe that I know what scum shading other slots look like, and I think that's what G5's play looks like.

As an alternative more objective way of looking at it: look how many different slots G5 has shaded during the game.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:41 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

Like I guess I could compile a bunch of quotes where G5 is shading another slot for really shitty reasons but you already called that kind of reasoning surface level so ?shrug¿
Gentleman 5
Gentleman 5
Goon
Gentleman 5
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:43 pm

Post by Gentleman 5 »

Regardless its starting to make sense why hes been ignoring me.

I could go into detail why, but its clear he has an ace in his sleeve apparently (or hes scum with L8).

A L5 scumflip goes a LONG way to supporting him, but Im willing to let it go for now.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

And like, Lady 7's is better in that it doesn't outright feel scummy (not that it feels town either!) it just feels like someone refusing to townread a bunch of slots, but G5 specifically looks like scum throwing out shade.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:44 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

You're not letting jack shit go: I am not letting you survive to the end of the first dance.
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

L4, if I leave the dance (proof that I'm town) can you leave the dance after?
Gentleman 6
Gentleman 6
Goon
Gentleman 6
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:46 pm

Post by Gentleman 6 »

In post 1823, Gentleman 6 wrote:L4, if I leave the dance (proof that I'm town) can you leave the dance after?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”