Mini Theme 2105: Assassins Mafia (Game Over!)

TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:12 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1167, Shadoweh wrote:1: I'm not going to claim my results as I see no way in which it helps anything but scum. Suck my dick. I definitely got a result though.
2: I'm pretty sure Abu is town and pops and DNS are scum.
3: good news I'm about to go on vacation so I'm not going to actively be reading v much
4: A free vig on me would probably help town so I'm hoping this is what happens. My assassin target
Creature
died overnight.

VOTE: Definitely Not Scum
No Vig on you.
Lynching You is best for Town.
Trust in me.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:14 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

Image the Neighbourhood being mafia and they made a big brain play fake claiming Neighbourhood and trying to prevent any of them being lynched.
That would surly be something.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:59 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1174, popsofctown wrote:VOTE: Shadoweh
She's not even feigning town motivations, just "wouldn't I be too afraid to die, acting like this?", but I want to take the wine in front of me on this one.

I have to admit Nagito makes a great avatar for the line she's taking, though.
Nagito was Town
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:00 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=11367404#p11367404]
No Vig on you.
Trust in me.[/quote]

I really hope you're not trying to convince me lynching myself is best for Town. However no one is going to trust you regardless because you are openly bad.
I'm very concerned that this is going to be me today and Abu tomorrow and then we just like, lose.
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:03 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1178, Shadoweh wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=11367404#p11367404]
No Vig on you.
Trust in me.
I really hope you're not trying to convince me lynching myself is best for Town. However no one is going to trust you regardless because you are openly bad.
I'm very concerned that this is going to be me today and Abu tomorrow and then we just like, lose.[/quote]

Or I do the big clutch and strip naked T-Bagging the mafia because I get all of them.
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:05 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

I like how people think I’m bad when I have incredible solving skills. :p.
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:15 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1178, Shadoweh wrote:[quote="In [url=viewtopic.php?p=11367404#p11367404]
No Vig on you.
Trust in me.
I'm very concerned that this is going to be me today and Abu tomorrow and then we just like, lose.[/quote]

I don't believe in this plan, if anything I'd prefer NaCL
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Post by unwnd »

Pops AND DNS both being scum is a stretch, but one? Possibly. I don't believe in easy games or one where the person who lurks a lot is clearly a scummy, not going to defend Abu here entirely but if we're using this game itself as a reference, Suji was a lurker for about 2 weeks and his slot flipped town. I guess the way I look at Abu is like, yeah, he's a good lynch if we're scratching our heads but I think there's more interesting choices out there.

I had a point to make about your point about 'why would scum claim their target when mod said not to' but that just goes into a bunch of circular logic and there's no point if you're [scum] to tell you doing [thing] to defend oneself by [anti-town] move means you are [town].

Results would be nice, do you have anyone you would trust to understand them?
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:27 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1157, Definitely Not Scum wrote:
In post 1150, unwnd wrote:Agree about Abu. Think if NaCL somehow happens to be wrong then Dunn can be deepwolf but not gonna deal with that rn
I'd like to talk to you more about this NaCL read. What is the genesis of this read?

Pops, I would like the same analysis re: Abu

- OS
Just seems to fit in my mind. I've written paragraphs about a few people and I could selectively decide to compare the two in ways that point to similar behavior but then I'd be repeating myself. We have a fresh day on some new flips and once I live past D1 (lynched/killed) I like to start thinking about the exact reason for why wagons form. It's not exactly some new strategy, but it personally engages me. In D1, NaCL never really showed any gumption and I found a lot of his presence to be listless. I think he begs to have a greater impresssion on others but ultimately does nothing with it if that makes sense? If I can recall correctly, his bitbringer reasoning was kinda just like 'ok whatever' and just copying the consensus going around. I think in terms of how bitbringer happen and the idea of being scum it would be the person who would feign indifference in the moment of suspicion.
Stop
unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:44 pm

Post by unwnd »

ISO'ing NaCL and here's how thought process turns on Bitbringer over the course of the week(s). Call this a semi-case but I really do believe in timing. Maybe that's a bias towards myself but I feel like scum especially always have their intentions placed in ways that work out in their favor. Like, NAcL's indifference towards bitbringer remains somewhat consistent but still touching on a topic that gains traction.
As for unwnd, it's not just that it's a null read, but he's scumreading a lot of people
(idk what bitbringer has really done to earn it, mostly)
Regarding the bitbringer wagon, could someone explain what they see there? To me,
it seems like bitbringer has done a lot not really saying much, although I don't see anything that super jumps out as scummy.
I think what's interesting to me is that around the time NAcL decides to say Bitbringer is scummy, deadline is closer approaching. ISO's can sometimes be misleading but I wanna refer to when DNS started to double-down on Bitbringer, because it was around this turning point actually. I'll try not to bring exact dates but picture in your mind (or go look) around the time I'm referring to.
bitbringer feels like scum flailing.

I don't really care for the whole semantics argument.
This is such a quick and sudden turn from the previous stance he took, and for what reason? I think what tips me off is that he made inquiries to understand other's perspectives but I don't think he ever had real purpose to y'know,
consider
it. Scum doesn't really need to consider points made by town, just nod slowly and agree in ways that make others townread him. I think at this point Bitbringer was doing things that would become agreeable to scumread him, and IDR but I think I talked about accountability and whatever well look who's laughing now I got it sorta

*ahem*

I can keep going on the quote wall but it would just function in a poor way. Bitbringer itself is not really the catalyst for me when it comes to NAcL, you could replace that with anyone from any other game. It is the way he decided on Bitbringer, the way he kept himself available but never too much. I guess this is a longer form way of saying he's playing to the room, but I sure enjoyed typing about it and maybe my incoherent thought processes will make sense and you'll agree to vote him. :D

VOTE: NAcL
Stop
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1173, Shadoweh wrote:And tbh I was hoping I'd be modvigged but unfortunately claiming target doesn't do that. (definitely do not do it)
What did you think would happen if you told us who someone else's target is with your ability?
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:37 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1167, Shadoweh wrote:2: I'm pretty sure Abu is town and pops and DNS are scum.
Also: based on what?
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:55 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1185, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1173, Shadoweh wrote:And tbh I was hoping I'd be modvigged but unfortunately claiming target doesn't do that. (definitely do not do it)
What did you think would happen if you told us who someone else's target is with your ability?
I already told you, nothing happens. If I tell someone else's target that I copped they get to have their target known scott free.
Didn't I already clarify this to you yesterday? :igmeou:

Based on I think they're scummy and I think they're jumping on Abu as an easy mislynch because that's what they're doing with me.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:07 am

Post by Definitely Not Scum »

Unwnd, I did feel like NaCL was asking a lot of questions and not going anywhere with them earlier in the game.

VOTE: NaCL

- OS
Hydra of Oversoul and Volxen. We are definitely
TOWN
in this game.
NaCl
NaCl
Goon
NaCl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:28 am

Post by NaCl »

In post 1164, popsofctown wrote: This chapter of the game is where I became concerned with the NaCl slot, and he hasn't accomplished anything or gained any town equity since. The way NaCl asked about the LA read looked ugly force fake pretend-work posturing. NaCl's push on LA seemed ridiculously emptyhearted. Then NaCl's nullread on me is fishy, I posted about that. It's not typical for people to nullread me, so it doesn't seem like an organic outcome.

Looking at this post, NaCl said LA is S/S with everyone, yet also said if LA flips scum then I'm scum. That's pretty cognitive dissonant.

Lots of his posting lacks authenticity.
I didn't say that LA was S/S with everyone, it was more that I felt she had a bunch of interactions I thought were S/S at the time. And I found that you were the most suspicious as you jumped on me right after with no real case other than "LA is town".

I didn't really say what I found suspicious about LA because I kind of like making people ask me and see what they care about or who they're focusing on, but this is what I didn't like about her at the time.
1. In , LA says that she didn't find Pine's entrance scummy, which bothers me.
2. Dunnstral uses one of his few posts to offer a vague defense of LA (Although I find him generally vague)
3. I was kind of suspicious of unwnd having LA on the higher side of things despite few posts.
4. I think there might have been something else, but I can't really remember.

Anyways, since TSE has replaced in, I've changed my mind. It's because of something Dunnstral said, although I don't want to reveal it just yet. Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding things, I wound up assuming he was a completely different role in Zero Escape. But this time I think I might have a better read on his mind.
In post 1167, Shadoweh wrote:1: I'm not going to claim my results as I see no way in which it helps anything but scum. Suck my dick. I definitely got a result though.
3: good news I'm about to go on vacation so I'm not going to actively be reading v much
4: A free vig on me would probably help town so I'm hoping this is what happens. My assassin target
Creature
died overnight.

Results would be nice, do you have anyone you would trust to understand them?[/quote]

Shadoweh, why do you think that there would be 2 scum in the neighbourhood?
And another question, what was the point in saying your target now?
In post 1183, unwnd wrote:
In post 1150, unwnd wrote:Agree about Abu. Think if NaCL somehow happens to be wrong then Dunn can be deepwolf but not gonna deal with that rn
I'd like to talk to you more about this NaCL read. What is the genesis of this read?

- OS
Just seems to fit in my mind. I've written paragraphs about a few people and I could selectively decide to compare the two in ways that point to similar behavior but then I'd be repeating myself. We have a fresh day on some new flips and once I live past D1 (lynched/killed) I like to start thinking about the exact reason for why wagons form. It's not exactly some new strategy, but it personally engages me. In D1, NaCL never really showed any gumption and I found a lot of his presence to be listless. I think he begs to have a greater impresssion on others but ultimately does nothing with it if that makes sense? If I can recall correctly, his bitbringer reasoning was kinda just like 'ok whatever' and just copying the consensus going around. I think in terms of how bitbringer happen and the idea of being scum it would be the person who would feign indifference in the moment of suspicion.
I agree, my bitbringer reason was pretty lackluster. I'd been scumreading LA the entire time, but at that point, I started thinking TSE was town. I didn't really have any strong feelings right then (I kind of think pops is scum, but didn't think it would go through at the time), and kind of preferred Bitbringer to Shadoweh.

VOTE: Pops
She feels like she's been going after me for forced reasons, pretty much tunneling me without putting any real effort behind it yesterday, and staying off the main wagons. Also, the case on Shadoweh feels weird. I don't see the issue with target-claiming if you feel like you're going to be lynched. It gives you more information, and you can choose to reveal the penalty to the town or not--like, literally the only case it can hurt your wincon is if you become a neutral survivor. I get that it's not necessarily town-beneficial only (mafia would probably benefit more), but I don't see why it's not something that can be from town. I do find it strange that Shadoweh said it now, rather than later.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

what i like salt
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:22 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

VOTE: tris

zzz

are there any actual objections to this dying
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:28 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 0, MariaR wrote:Dunnstral
sheepsaysmeep
Shadoweh
GuyInFreezer
TrueSoulEnergy
NaCl
Definitely Not Scum (Oversoul and Volxen)
tris
AbuHumaid
popsofctown
unwnd
sheep tse dunn
pops unwnd

leaves shadow, nacl, gif, dns, tris, abu

salt and gif look better of the pool; shadow is pretty dead null for me with or without whatever mechanics
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:51 am

Post by Shadoweh »

This might be a dumb question but what neighbourhood
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:53 am

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1193, Shadoweh wrote:This might be a dumb question but what neighbourhood
Pops, Dunn and DNS.
AbuHumaid
AbuHumaid
Goon
AbuHumaid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Post by AbuHumaid »

In post 1189, NaCl wrote:
In post 1164, popsofctown wrote: This chapter of the game is where I became concerned with the NaCl slot, and he hasn't accomplished anything or gained any town equity since. The way NaCl asked about the LA read looked ugly force fake pretend-work posturing. NaCl's push on LA seemed ridiculously emptyhearted. Then NaCl's nullread on me is fishy, I posted about that. It's not typical for people to nullread me, so it doesn't seem like an organic outcome.

Looking at this post, NaCl said LA is S/S with everyone, yet also said if LA flips scum then I'm scum. That's pretty cognitive dissonant.

Lots of his posting lacks authenticity.
I didn't say that LA was S/S with everyone, it was more that I felt she had a bunch of interactions I thought were S/S at the time. And I found that you were the most suspicious as you jumped on me right after with no real case other than "LA is town".

I didn't really say what I found suspicious about LA because I kind of like making people ask me and see what they care about or who they're focusing on, but this is what I didn't like about her at the time.
1. In , LA says that she didn't find Pine's entrance scummy, which bothers me.
2. Dunnstral uses one of his few posts to offer a vague defense of LA (Although I find him generally vague)
3. I was kind of suspicious of unwnd having LA on the higher side of things despite few posts.
4. I think there might have been something else, but I can't really remember.

Anyways, since TSE has replaced in, I've changed my mind. It's because of something Dunnstral said, although I don't want to reveal it just yet. Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding things, I wound up assuming he was a completely different role in Zero Escape. But this time I think I might have a better read on his mind.
Creature
died overnight.

Results would be nice, do you have anyone you would trust to understand them?
Shadoweh, why do you think that there would be 2 scum in the neighbourhood?
And another question, what was the point in saying your target now?
In post 1183, unwnd wrote:

- OS
I agree, my bitbringer reason was pretty lackluster. I'd been scumreading LA the entire time, but at that point, I started thinking TSE was town. I didn't really have any strong feelings right then (I kind of think pops is scum, but didn't think it would go through at the time), and kind of preferred Bitbringer to Shadoweh.

VOTE: Pops
She feels like she's been going after me for forced reasons, pretty much tunneling me without putting any real effort behind it yesterday, and staying off the main wagons. Also, the case on Shadoweh feels weird. I don't see the issue with target-claiming if you feel like you're going to be lynched. It gives you more information, and you can choose to reveal the penalty to the town or not--like, literally the only case it can hurt your wincon is if you become a neutral survivor. I get that it's not necessarily town-beneficial only (mafia would probably benefit more), but I don't see why it's not something that can be from town. I do find it strange that Shadoweh said it now, rather than later.[/quote]
I can sheep this tbh. VOTE: Pops
AbuHumaid
AbuHumaid
Goon
AbuHumaid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by AbuHumaid »

How do I edit posts?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Post by popsofctown »

I want to simultaneously lynch AbuHumaid, Shadoweh, and NaCl
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:20 pm

Post by popsofctown »

unwnd I don't think you have an agenda but I think your stance on abu's slot is dumbwrong

yes lurkers flip town, yes it's usually not easy, but a lurker who -in what little content they produce, is super scummy- has incredibly good equity to flip scum.

It's not as good as hyperposting scum that's scumclaiming in all their hyperposts but we don't have a slot like that in this game.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:48 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1196, AbuHumaid wrote:How do I edit posts?
You're not allowed to edit posts as a rule, people just make new posts.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”