Mini Theme 2105: Assassins Mafia (Game Over!)

unwnd
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
unwnd
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:01 pm

Post by unwnd »

In post 1146, popsofctown wrote:NaCl can pair with Shadoweh or Dunnstral o.k. Although you or GiF could be a deepwolf too. I tend to agree with the kind of posting people are pointing out as leading away from GiF-scum but I just for some reason have this gut feeling that GiF could have a really wide scumrange. I can't actually justify it either, I've only ever seen him play town. Idk.

I'd be a lot more impressed if you flipped scum somehow.

If anything in the votecount sticks out I think Abu's TSE vanity wagon doesn't look good, with a big leading wagon like bitbringer it's townier to be WKing the wagon or counterwagoning it or even on it because you believe in it. The pattern of "sit back and let it happen" seems the most resonant for his slot with him spending time whining about getting scumread once he started playing but not spending any time I remember working to make sure the day's lynch was correct.

I might be starting a rock fight in a glass house to some extent but there was some softness to my bb read. Hydras suck :/
Agree about Abu. Think if NaCL somehow happens to be wrong then Dunn can be deepwolf but not gonna deal with that rn
Stop
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Post by Definitely Not Scum »

Dunnstral is town.
Hydra of Oversoul and Volxen. We are definitely
TOWN
in this game.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:02 pm

Kpops, Volxen and I don't think you're outside of your scumrange yet. Please help.

- OS
TOWN
in this game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:14 pm

Post by popsofctown »

If I haven't bussed a partner by the time day 2 is over I'm out of my 2019 scumrange
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
"What? Nothing? You would make the prince suffer over... nothing?"
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:16 pm

Post by popsofctown »

More seriously, it's a little bit easier to townspew when I have strong reads. Even bad ones. I'm going back and forth on a lot of slots in this game though. I think it might be from the Assassin mechanic, there's probably people who are town making inorganic pushes and pinging me both ways.
"Let us say that you are right and there are two worlds. How much, then, is this 'other world' worth to you? What do you have there that you do not have here? Money? Power? Something worth causing the prince so much pain for?'"
"Well, I..."
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:23 pm

In post 1154, popsofctown wrote:More seriously, it's a little bit easier to townspew when I have strong reads. Even bad ones. I'm going back and forth on a lot of slots in this game though. I think it might be from the Assassin mechanic, there's probably people who are town making inorganic pushes and pinging me both ways.
Do you think an average player does that? Especially if they are a vanilla townie? I personally do not believe that an average player will do that. I think that a person who sees their target about to die and is not explicitly townreading that player may hammer them, but I do not think they will outright gun for that person's death.

At any rate, Shadoweh needs to go.

VOTE: Shadoweh

- OS
TOWN
in this game.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:23 pm

In post 1153, popsofctown wrote:If I haven't bussed a partner by the time day 2 is over I'm out of my 2019 scumrange
Would you as serial killer purposefully no-kill?

- OS
TOWN
in this game.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:24 pm

In post 1150, unwnd wrote:Agree about Abu. Think if NaCL somehow happens to be wrong then Dunn can be deepwolf but not gonna deal with that rn
I'd like to talk to you more about this NaCL read. What is the genesis of this read?

Pops, I would like the same analysis re: Abu

- OS
TOWN
in this game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:25 pm

Post by popsofctown »

Can you explain your Dunnstral townread? I haven't gotten there. What did he post that you liked?

pedit: oh look there are preview edit things
"Well, I..."
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:27 pm

I direct you to post 430 and 437. Additionally, I do not think he does what he did with bitbringer if he is scum.

- OS
TOWN
in this game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:34 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1155, Definitely Not Scum wrote:
In post 1154, popsofctown wrote:More seriously, it's a little bit easier to townspew when I have strong reads. Even bad ones. I'm going back and forth on a lot of slots in this game though. I think it might be from the Assassin mechanic, there's probably people who are town making inorganic pushes and pinging me both ways.
Do you think an average player does that? Especially if they are a vanilla townie? I personally do not believe that an average player will do that. I think that a person who sees their target about to die and is not explicitly townreading that player may hammer them, but I do not think they will outright gun for that person's death.

At any rate, Shadoweh needs to go.

- OS
I feel like "confirmation bias" could create half-real reads on people's assassination targets. This mini theme is new territory so I might be wrong on that. I don't think it's as willfull as you describe it.
I thought about Quagmire-style reading part of my role PM to not learn my assassin target, but I felt pretty sure it'd be jerk/unethical/terrible/actually Quagmire, and then MariaR asked us to confirm our assassin target anyway.

Shadoweh is pretty scummy but voting her before she claims her results definitely seems out of protocol to me. And I'm not sure lynching her first is the ideal sequencing with her forced to trueclaim useful info. The moment she lies about her investigation the persons she lied about can naked vote her.
"Well, I..."
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:38 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 1156, Definitely Not Scum wrote:
In post 1153, popsofctown wrote:If I haven't bussed a partner by the time day 2 is over I'm out of my 2019 scumrange
Would you as serial killer purposefully no-kill?

- OS
Definitely no. I've only rolled sk like one time, in 2010 or something, but the best evidence that I wouldn't use SK that way is that I spent the entirety of the scum PTs of Starry Night and Death List mafia bitching about how hard it is to win a nightless setup as mafia. Voluntarily opting into a nightless game is not something I'd do.
"Well, I..."
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:39 pm

In post 1160, popsofctown wrote:And I'm not sure lynching her first is the ideal sequencing with her forced to trueclaim useful info. The moment she lies about her investigation the persons she lied about can naked vote her.
I don't she is locked into trueclaiming useful info. Very easily claim she was roleblocked.

- OS
TOWN
in this game.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:40 pm

I do feel bad about bitbringer flipping town, especially since they are Greninja (#dexgate), but a robot has to upgrade y'know

- OS
TOWN
in this game.
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

In post 266, NaCl wrote:@unwnd
Why is pops your strongest townread?
And why is Lady Angel on the higher side of null?
In post 272, NaCl wrote:
In post 268, unwnd wrote:
And why is Lady Angel on the higher side of null?
From memory, nothing that stood out to be scummy but also not towny, but inoffensive in a way that I didn't think further about her posts. With Weh/Dunn their nullness could have more of an underbelly, but not enough where I'd put them any lower where they are. Abu/Suji needed a spot to be and they got below Weh/Dunn probably due to my personal bias towards Weh/Dunn seeing how I said I could expect them to have some goal towards being null lol
Huh, I dislike her reason for voting DNS, I don't think it really makes sense. She's also not really commented on Pine beyond subtly calling him not-scummy.

As for pops, I guess she's alright, but a fair bit of the stuff she's saying feels like it's going over my head. I think GIF is townier, though, although it probably doesn't matter much.
In post 284, NaCl wrote:
In post 280, popsofctown wrote:
In post 272, NaCl wrote: As for pops, I guess she's alright, but a fair bit of the stuff she's saying feels like it's going over my head. I think GIF is townier, though, although it probably doesn't matter much.
Then ask me to explain it. I don't know what it is that's "going over your head" as I don't remember using twenty letter words in this thread, but whatever it is, I can't imagine asking about it is even more useless than asking unwnd to justify a nullread on a poster who's hardly posted. [If you want to set up a context to attack a slot again skip the "ask someone about their nullread" charade and just do so ( or just claim "Lady Angel is my assassination target" that's cool )]

"I'm nullreading pops"
Has got to be the most uncommon problem I experience in my mafia career.
For reasons you will probably figure out once you have more than 0.1 games with me
Likely before 1.0
Still not a problem I'm interested in having.
Presumably I'm "not interesting to sort" if DNS is the only slot you're "interested in sorting"
What's it gonna take to interest you
I have sugar
I hear that's not your drug of choice tho
It's not that I'm not only interested in sorting DNS, but he's the only one who was actively posting. The rest of the people I'm most interested in haven't been posting in a while.

As for not understanding you, that's more to do with your history with DNS's heads, and I don't really want to look through a bunch of different games for each of you to try and understand your meta, so I can't really verify which of you is right or wrong. I don't think really explaining it is the issue, it's more that it doesn't convince me one way or another and I don't think I will put in the effort to verify it. On a smaller note, I don't understand pretty much anything you put in spoilers.

As for unwnd, it's not just that it's a null read, but he's scumreading a lot of people (idk what bitbringer has really done to earn it, mostly), and LA is his 4th read from the top. So it's not just that it's a null read, it's that it's a null read in a weird place. I don't know how common it is in general, but I tend to try and put my scum partners as weak townreads or high null reads if I think I can get away with it. So that's why I'm kind of suspicious. But I feel like LA has got a lot of interactions that could be S/S (although with way too many people), and I want to hear from her to see and get a stronger opinion on my currently weak-feeling pings.
Speaking of which, VOTE: LA.
This chapter of the game is where I became concerned with the NaCl slot, and he hasn't accomplished anything or gained any town equity since. The way NaCl asked about the LA read looked ugly force fake pretend-work posturing. NaCl's push on LA seemed ridiculously emptyhearted. Then NaCl's nullread on me is fishy, I posted about that. It's not typical for people to nullread me, so it doesn't seem like an organic outcome.

Looking at this post, NaCl said LA is S/S with everyone, yet also said if LA flips scum then I'm scum. That's pretty cognitive dissonant.

Lots of his posting lacks authenticity.
"Well, I..."
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:09 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1147, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:NM this isn’t like TOS, you wouldn’t receive any message, my bad.
stop claiming
TrueSoulEnergy
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
TrueSoulEnergy
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:25 pm

Post by TrueSoulEnergy »

In post 1165, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 1147, TrueSoulEnergy wrote:NM this isn’t like TOS, you wouldn’t receive any message, my bad.
stop claiming
No U.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:47 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

1: I'm not going to claim my results as I see no way in which it helps anything but scum. Suck my dick. I definitely got a result though.
2: I'm pretty sure Abu is town and pops and DNS are scum.
3: good news I'm about to go on vacation so I'm not going to actively be reading v much
4: A free vig on me would probably help town so I'm hoping this is what happens. My assassin target
Creature
died overnight.

VOTE: Definitely Not Scum
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:57 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Bad news apparently I am not allowed to commit seppuku :cry:
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:01 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I actually have no idea why you're calling me scummy DNS. What is your problem with me exactly?
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:40 pm

Your claim doesn’t make sense as town. Why are we scum over TSE?
TOWN
in this game.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:16 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

I've been pretty clear about why I think TSE is near-confirmed town. There's no reason I would think he's scum at all so I don't get the nature of your question.
Definitely Not Scum
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Definitely Not Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:24 pm

Why would you claim your target died?
TOWN
in this game.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:36 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

Because they died so my ability to upgrade is gone. And tbh I was hoping I'd be modvigged but unfortunately claiming target doesn't do that. (definitely do not do it)
Why do you care about this, again, you are asking me a bunch of picky pointless questions without any scum motivation behind the answers. How would doing what the mod told us all NOT to do, under any circumstance, make me scum?
popsofctown
popsofctown
She
Survivor
popsofctown
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:55 pm

Post by popsofctown »

She's not even feigning town motivations, just "wouldn't I be too afraid to die, acting like this?", but I want to take the wine in front of me on this one.

I have to admit Nagito makes a great avatar for the line she's taking, though.
"Well, I..."

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”