Designer Mafia 2007 - Game Over, Final Scene Posted!

Did you enjoy the final scene?

Yes, I love it!
67%
No, this is boring...
22%
Comical stupidity option
11%

Total votes: 9

Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2500 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:11 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Armlx wrote: I notice the contradiction, however I was to reason with Zoneace, which can be kinda difficult if I started shout "You are scum!" at him.
OH, THE HORROR!

Why do you want to reason with someone who is second in your list?
I'm back!
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2501 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by armlx »

Why do you want to reason with someone who is second in your list?
Regardless of alignment, at the time I believed it was better for not claiming (I forgot about the prospect of MOAR VIGGING). As such, I was working on a case by case basis to explain why this was the right plan of action.
Away Wednesday the 24th through the 31st
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2502 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Armlx wrote:Regardless of alignment, at the time I believed it was better for not claiming (I forgot about the prospect of MOAR VIGGING). As such, I was working on a case by case basis to explain why this was the right plan of action.
OH, THE HORROR!

Ok, forget vigging for a second. Why would you not want a person you suspect enough for him to be on the second spot on your list to not claim when most of the players have claimed?
I'm back!
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2503 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Well, I couldn't come up with a believable fake claim so I'm gonna just be honest, even though its gonna get me lynched. I'm Neutral. I'm the Lowlife Lyncher. Each night i get a new random target, if they get lynched the next day I win and leave the game and the town gets 2 days in a row. I don't know if that means that after the winning lynch there is no night, or that after the next day there is no night. I suppose i could ask for clarification. I'll go through my PMs and find all of my past targets and post them in the next post.

Just a personal note, out of self preservation, I ihaven't been trying to work against the town. My attacks on thyroid were because i genuinely didn't (and still don't trust him). TSS and ssf are really rubbing me the wrong way. And based on recent events on the claim, nonny should be lynched today (nonny is not my target for today.)
Late twenties, early Thursdays
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2504 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Here are my targets

Day 1 was FaerieLord
Day 2 was Sir Tornado
Day 3 was Kscope
Day 4 was Twomz
Day 5 is JediKnight
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #2505 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Simenon »

Why do you think there would be two neutral instant game winning abilities?
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #2506 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:41 pm

Post by Simenon »

Fuck it, it should be obvious that ZONEACE needs vigging.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2507 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:47 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Simenon wrote:Why do you think there would be two neutral instant game winning abilities?

huh?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2508 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:55 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Simenon wrote:Fuck it, it should be obvious that ZONEACE needs vigging.
and no i shouldn't there are clearly better targets than me. I'm not a threat to the town.
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #2509 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:05 pm

Post by Simenon »

ZONEACE wrote:
Simenon wrote:Why do you think there would be two neutral instant game winning abilities?

huh?
You said that my role had a "win when you reach a majority" condition. That's an instant win. "You win when you lynch XX" is also an instant win condition. A SK or survivor, for example, is not.
So why do you think there would be two in a game?

And yes, you are 100 times better than any of the other vigging options.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2510 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Simenon wrote:
ZONEACE wrote:

huh?
You said that my role had a "win when you reach a majority" condition. That's an instant win. "You win when you lynch XX" is also an instant win condition. A SK or survivor, for example, is not.
So why do you think there would be two in a game?

And yes, you are 100 times better than any of the other vigging options.

Umm, are you suggesting that I'm lying about my role??? I mean, I do kinda suck at making up fake claims but i submited 5 roles to this game (one of which of killed in the pre-game) so if i really wanted to make something up I'd pick one of the other 4 and hope it had been left out.

you want proof, then let's lynch JediKnight.
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2511 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:24 pm

Post by jediknight »

Great idea zoneace!

Wait...thats me. :roll:

You say you're not a threat to the town. But assuming you're telling the truth which I highly doubt then you're not really a help to the town either. I suppose town getting two days could be considered a good thing. But considering the limited information that we have right now I'm thinking that night is a good thing to gain more information.

If you are playing your role then why would you target two of the least likely to get lynched right now in Twomz and myself? And I haven't seen you attempting to push for the lynch of any of the people you've listed.

I'm not going to tell who I plan on giving a shirt to anymore.
And I'm spent...
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2512 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

I'm not suggesting actually lynching you jedi, if you hadn't noticed, I haven't made ANY attempt to get you lynched. Honestly, what would be the point of be faking a lyncher role? Lynchers generally are looked at positiely by the town. seriously if I was gonna fake claim I'd pull out Witness for the Government, and claim immunity to mafia kills or the one that was killed N0, Doc Brown, and claim i could go back in time and track the events of previous nights (which with my role wouldn't be too terrible of a way to get my target lynched).

Frankly I am an asset to the town. I'm a non threat. and Once my target and the towns match I can get out of the towns way and leave them with one less not strictly pro-town possibility later in the game when confusion could hinder the town. Seriously, we have at least 3 people right now that are better targets than me for the town to go after. I fail to see how I am such an immediate and necessary threat
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2513 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:58 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

ZONEACE wrote: Honestly, what would be the point of be faking a lyncher role? Lynchers generally are looked at positiely by the town.

that should say AREN'T looked at positively. my bad.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2514 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:03 pm

Post by SSF352 »

ZONEACE wrote:I'm not suggesting actually lynching you jedi, if you hadn't noticed, I haven't made ANY attempt to get you lynched. Honestly, what would be the point of be faking a lyncher role? Lynchers generally are looked at positiely by the town. seriously if I was gonna fake claim I'd pull out Witness for the Government, and claim immunity to mafia kills or the
one that was killed N0, Doc Brown
, and claim i could go back in time and track the events of previous nights (which with my role wouldn't be too terrible of a way to get my target lynched).

Frankly I am an asset to the town. I'm a non threat. and Once my target and the towns match I can get out of the towns way and leave them with one less not strictly pro-town possibility later in the game when confusion could hinder the town. Seriously, we have at least 3 people right now that are better targets than me for the town to go after. I fail to see how I am such an immediate and necessary threat
For the part in bold: uh, what? When have we seen a Doc Brown killed N0? I assume N0 means Night 0, but I dont see that among the NPCs killed.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2515 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:18 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

Norinel is listed as Time Traveler. I assumed that was the role I submited.
SSF352
SSF352
Goon
SSF352
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2516 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Post by SSF352 »

ZONEACE wrote:Norinel is listed as Time Traveler. I assumed that was the role I submited.
Ok, I see what you meant there. Never mind.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #2517 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:59 pm

Post by Nocmen »

Hmm...I see how Zoneace's role can be a hazard to the town...but I'm still awkward just letting him up and go like that.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2518 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by armlx »

Zoneace is dying today or tonight, that is clear. I'm just wondering whether he is telling the truth about his target today. I'm leaning yes right now given how he pressed the cult issue.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #2519 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:04 pm

Post by Twomz »

Hmm. I'm not sure about how I feel about Zoneace's claim... especially his target list. Even if his claim is true, we won't know if the list is. Oh well, I doubt a role that just needs to lynch to win would end the game or that wanting to lynch a player would interfere with the town's agenda til endgame.

That said... it's a great fake claim for scum. So, an investigation may be in order.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2520 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:05 pm

Post by armlx »

Twomz, why investigate him when our cop can also kill him on the spot. We know his goal for a lynch is not going to be the same as our own if he is telling the truth.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2521 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:10 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

armlx wrote:Twomz, why investigate him when our cop can also kill him on the spot. We know his goal for a lynch is not going to be the same as our own if he is telling the truth.
um My goal for a lynch could very well be the same as the town's. its random. If i get the name of someone that the town decides to target that day then our goals are the same. If they aren't the same, I'm fully willing to put my goal on the back burner until it coincides with the towns. Why are you trying to derail the good lead we have for today and tonight and put it on me, one that is much less favorable for the town?
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2522 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

armlx wrote:Twomz, why investigate him when our cop can also kill him on the spot. We know his goal for a lynch is not going to be the same as our own if he is telling the truth.

This is actually the most ridiculous post i've read in a long time. It's in my BEST INTEREST for my goal for a lynch to be the same as the town's. I WIN IF IT IS. please stop lying and trying to mislead everyone, its rather annoying.
armlx
armlx
Most JDTay-like
armlx
Most JDTay-like
Most JDTay-like

Post Post #2523 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by armlx »

um My goal for a lynch could very well be the same as the town's. its random.
Could is the operative word.

You definitely are playing the "neutral trying to survive" part well if you are scum though.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #2524 (ISO) » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:18 pm

Post by ZONEACE »

armlx wrote:
um My goal for a lynch could very well be the same as the town's. its random.
Could is the operative word.

You definitely are playing the "neutral trying to survive" part well if you are scum though.

I AM a neutral trying to survive. Read my other games, when I'm caught, i can't save my self if my life depends on it (which it does in those cases) I've had ONE (1) good outing as scum since i came back and that was in the R-1000 mini theme.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”