farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:15 am

Post by farside22 »

Vote count:

StrangerCoug 2 vote: (OGML, Greasy Spot)
Sibelius 1 vote: (Thinktank)
Gatekeeper 1 vote: (Rogue)
dcorbe 1 vote: (Doktor Per)
Doktor Per 6 vote: (dcorbe, strangerCoug, Gatekeeper, IcemanE, Light-Kun, cephrir)

Not voting:

Sibelius

With 12 people it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline July 10
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 8:44 am

Post by dcorbe »

Greasy Spot wrote:
dcorbe wrote:
icemanE wrote:Also, yeah, I still don't understand the "breadcrumbing". Most often people breadcrumb when they're a protown power role as a way of trying to reveal info without claiming. I don't see how it would be at all advantageous to breadcrumb as scum, so I don't buy that part of the argument.
It's not advantageous to breadcrum as scum and that's sort of the point.

Whether it's a weak tell or a strong tell is also an irrelevant point. The point of the vote was to try and get a pressure wagon going on him and it worked because now he's dropping scum tells.
Iceman makes a good point saying it is not advantageous to breadcrumb as scum. Then dcorbe counters that with a good arguement.

Here's the deal as I see it. Scum don't need to breadcrumb as scum. If they want to breadcrumb as a cop or a doc to throw the town off that could be a good play later on. However it does not benefit scum to breadcrumb as scum.
Which is why hinting that you have inside knowledge of the game setup is a tell. Only scum would have such knowledge. There are plenty of examples of this on MS, some of which I have witnessed. I wish I had gospel to quote but then I would be talking about ongoing games which is a no-no.
Greasy Spot wrote: As far as putting pressure on someone to see if they pop this is a good method. I believe Doktor Per has popped from the pressure but I'm not sure yet if he is scum.

I think dcorbe should be looked at closely for pushing this lynch. I could be wrong but I don't think Doktor Per is not scummy enough to lynch yet.
I'm not really pushing the lynch anymore. I'm not the one who put him at L-1. Asking for a claim when he's L-1 is protocol but he already claimed, so I wanted him to say something in his own defense. The only reason anyone at all is still "pushing" for his lynch is because he's doing such a horrible job. I'm not going to unvote until I have a better lynch target for the day, and if he does get lynched and turns up town (which I'm doubtful of) it will be his own fault
Greasy Spot wrote:
Post42 wrote:
Doktor Per wrote:
dcorbe wrote: And in all seriousness, how do you know how many scum there are in this game? Breadcrum much?
Unvote, Vote Doktor Per
According to the formula there should be three or four scum.
unvote

That was one of the scummiest posts I've ever read.
vote: dcorbe

If you are town, your paranoid antics will only hold us back. I will laugh if you will have the cop lynched.
This is no way indicates he is claiming cop or any other power role. He is simply saying he thinks you are going to push the wrong lynch eventually and it's going to be the cop.
Doktor Per wrote:I am a vanilla, mark my words, I just find his silly "OMG PARANOIA! SERIOUS BUSINESS" silly and stupid. The ideal ratio for scum versus town is one scum per three town. If there were five scum, if we would lose three town in short succession, it's much too easy for scum to win that way. Three is leaning towards town, while four would seem somewhat ideal.

Instead of realizing that not liking puns = Mafia is a joke, you all jump on the dcorbe bandwagon, because he decides that paranoia (or pointing fingers) is a really good tactic. Or this is all a inter Mafia scheme to distance us so in the end game, Dcorbe will be trusted and can take you hosers out one by one. HA HA HA!

What is going to happen now is that I get lynched, turn up as vanilla, someone speculates about me being scum miller or whatever you crazies do.

Jesus Christ guys, way to not have a sense of humor. I forgot that Mafia is SRS BSNSS.

Holding on for you to over interpret my post :) You can do it, lovable scamps.
I hardly think this is a claim. More of a clarification to the twist dcorbe is trying to put on it.
I'm not twisting his words, you're just not paying close enough attention to things when you do rereads. He did claim. Loud and clear, and while he was nowhere near L-1

In his own words:
Doktor Per wrote: 47 I claim vanilla, what of it? I'm accused of soft claiming when I call Dcorbe a paranoid silly, so I just claim and come clean, I've seen this kind of stuff roll before.
It doesn't get any less ambiguous than that.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:57 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Greasy Spot wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:
Cephrir wrote:How could he be breadcrumbing a power role... he's already claimed vanilla.
He was accused of the power role bit before he claimed vanilla.
Doktor Per wrote:I never did claim Mafia, all I did say was that I could've been more careful with my words, seeing as everyone goes off their hook at the word SCUM.
We're not saying you claimed Mafia. We're saying that you claimed town after breadcrumbing Mafia and (according to dcorbe—I wouldn't have caught it) soft-claiming a power role. Remember that I officially voted you for OMGUS voting dcorbe, but that's not the only reason why you're suspicious to me.

Give me three good reasons why you shouldn't be lynched for posts 42 and 47.
This is so stupid of a case it makes you look dumb.
Define "dumb" and tell me how it applies to your case on me.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:02 am

Post by dcorbe »

StrangerCoug wrote:Define "dumb" and tell me how it applies to your case on me.
Ask yourself.. What do you expect his answer is going to be? It isn't going to be a pleasant one and it's not going to help your case any. He's going to pick you apart.
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:06 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

dcorbe wrote:
StrangerCoug wrote:Define "dumb" and tell me how it applies to your case on me.
Ask yourself.. What do you expect his answer is going to be? It isn't going to be a pleasant one and it's not going to help your case any. He's going to pick you apart.
It's better than him posting crap about me without backing it up.

OhGodMyLife
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
OhGodMyLife
Silent But Deadly
Silent But Deadly

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:38 am

Post by OhGodMyLife »

I'm proud of Greasy Spot, I remember when he was a raw newb who got lynched first in every game.

*Tear*
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by Cephrir »

OGML wrote:
FoS: Cephrir

Why do you need to sacrafice dokter per to reach a verdict on StrangerCoug?

I would rather we just get together and lynch StrangerCoug today.
I wouldn't use the word "sacrifice". I do think DP is scum. If a StrangerCoug lynch seems likely to happen today, I'd be on board with that. I'd just be more sure about him if DP died first and was scum. But now that I think about it, even if he were town, I'd still have StrangerCoug at the top of my suspect list.

It seemed to me like a DP lynch was inevitable today, but perhaps it isn't. I suppose if he comes up scum, my extra little thing about him will then apply to DP so it doesn't really matter. What the heck,let's give it a shot.

Unvote, Vote StrangerCoug
Greasy Spot wrote:(an actual case)
Who are you, and what have you done with the real Greasy Spot?
<.<
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:34 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I have no idea who Greasy Spot is, but he is the smartest one in here, I think he has a good case against Cougar, but I'll wait with my vote till more stuff has gone down. (Sorry for calling you scum.) Hopefully I'll survive the day, and let Cephrir down at a later date (unless he's scum. Paranoia is healthy apparently.)

Does this mean I can join the Greasy Spot love orgy?
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by icemanE »

The problem I have with a StangerCoug lynch today is that we already have a claim from Dok. At the very worst, if Dok's lynch pans out poorly for the town, we will be losing a townie. It seems a safe bet to lynch him today - for one, he's played a very scummy game so far, and he's already claimed, so we know we won't be losing a power role even in the very worst scenario. I don't like forcing more claims than necessary on day one - it makes things easy for the scum.

That being said, I do agree that Strange has been more or less equally as scummy as Dok. If the general attitude of the town forces him to claim, and it's unsatisfying, I'll lynch him today, but I'd prefer Dok.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by icemanE »

Oh, I forgot to mention that I especially agree with the ridiculousness of StrangerCoug's particular case against Dok - this is what makes StrangerCoug look scummy, primarily:
Stranger wrote: We're not saying you claimed Mafia. We're saying that you claimed town after breadcrumbing Mafia and (according to dcorbe—I wouldn't have caught it) soft-claiming a power role. Remember that I officially voted you for OMGUS voting dcorbe, but that's not the only reason why you're suspicious to me.

Give me three good reasons why you shouldn't be lynched for posts 42 and 47.
Firstly, the case itself is very, very weak and opportunistic. Secondly, asking for THREE reasons why we shouldn't lynch him for two posts that he made is really pushing Dok into a corner that he can't possibly answer his way out of - it's too much.
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:25 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote:The problem I have with a StangerCoug lynch today is that we already have a claim from Dok. ... I don't like forcing more claims than necessary on day one - it makes things easy for the scum.
Out of curiosity, if you're so sure that both Dok and Coug are safe bets for lynches, then why would we have anything to risk by pushing multiple wagons?

Dok claimed early, and that's one of the reasons he's at L-1 right now.

I'm definitely for running wagons on D1 because it gives us useful information to go on for D2. Based on the last couple of games I've been in I'm almost to the point were I think wagoning people is the only way to have a productive D1.

Besides, Coug is dropping scum tells but there's no telling that he's going to drop enough of them to get himself to L-1
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:29 pm

Post by dcorbe »

FoS: icemanE
for trying to rush a lynch. If he's going to get lynched it will happen one way or another. Let the town run its course first before settling on a lynch target.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by icemanE »

dcorbe wrote: Out of curiosity, if you're so sure that both Dok and Coug are safe bets for lynches, then why would we have anything to risk by pushing multiple wagons?
Let's put it this way - say, in an alternate universe, Dok were cop or doc or some other important power role. I would have no idea how to read him - he's a player the likes of which I've never run into before. The same could be for StrangerCoug - he might just have a truly funky playstyle. On both counts I would tend to believe their posts indicate scum instead of strange playstyle, I can't be 100% sure yet. I AM 100% sure that, in lynching Dok, we won't force a claim out of StrangerCoug, who may or may not just have a weird playstyle. It's just an issue of certainties.
dcorbe wrote: I'm definitely for running wagons on D1 because it gives us useful information to go on for D2. Based on the last couple of games I've been in I'm almost to the point were I think wagoning people is the only way to have a productive D1.
That's a good point, but are you not satisfied with the results gleaned from the Dok bandwagon?
dcorbe
dcorbe
Goon
dcorbe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:41 pm

Post by dcorbe »

icemanE wrote: That's a good point, but are you not satisfied with the results gleaned from the Dok bandwagon?
I am extremely satisfied and I would support a Dok lynch right now, but if there's other ways for us to get any more information out D1 on anyone else, we should explore it to its fullest potential before dropping the hammer on Dok.

These things tend to run a natural course. If there's no reason to wagon him past L-3 or L-2 then he won't be. If; however, he is wagoned and starts dropping scum tells...

I guess what I'm trying to say is I trust the town's judgement to wagon to appropriate levels. If he can hold up a good defense he won't need to claim.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by Rogue Shenanigans »

I feel happier with the StrangerCoug lynch than the Dok lynch.

Dok reminds me of a slightly nicer version of Gimbo. I can't get a read on him yet.

unvote, vote:StrangerCoug
Doktor Per
Doktor Per
Goon
Doktor Per
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2008 9:03 pm

Post by Doktor Per »

I do hope that's a compliment Rogue. Also, don't expect a reading, like ever. My wife still doesn't get me :P

Dcorbe, personally I would never trust the town to do it's thing, but maybe that's because I would kill (bad choice of words) for vigilante status. (Nice finger waggling by the way)
unvote

I think that I'm too close to the debate at the moment (plus tired) to really offer wholesome, good conversation, debate and the like. (Especially seeing as I find Coug and Dcorbe highly suspect with some rising levels in others.) Personally, I am
DYING
to know what happens on night one.
vote: no lynch

Untill someone does something so drastic to deserve a wag of my finger.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

No, no, no, no, no. Never nolynch D1. You are making me cry.
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:33 am

Post by thinktank »

Since Greasy Spot's analysis is quite long I'm just gonna say QFT without the actual Q if thats ok.

Is Stranger Coug at Lynch -1 right now? If so.

Better get claiming or make some sort of defensive arguments right about now.

On a side note: Mod could we get a prod on Sibelius.
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
Gatekeeper
Gatekeeper
Townie
Gatekeeper
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:48 am

Post by Gatekeeper »

Stranger coug should only be at 4 votes by my counting
thinktank
thinktank
Goon
thinktank
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:52 am

Post by thinktank »

I'm sorry, I'm in the wrong state of mind. I'm in two other games with 9 people so my mind just jumped to Lynch -1 when I saw 4 votes.

Then I can do this:

unvote

vote: StrangerCoug
Armlx: What has he done to make you think he's scum.
Mizzy: Other than not scumhunt, not post much as of late other than jokes and lurk a bit?

Oman: This is known as "doing a thinktank".
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:11 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

Unvote: Doktor Per
Vote: Rogue Shenanigans

Congratulations, you have started a bandwagon on me for the sole reason that you'd rather I be dead than Dokter Per.

Cephrir, your post stretches the page. I'd ask you to edit, but unfortunately only the mod can do that.

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

Congratulations, you have posted without defending yourslef.

I didn't realize my post would stretch the page, I thought it'd just go to the next line =/
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:17 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

It has been brought up that Dokter Per and I are about equally scummy. What have I done that caused the votes to pile on me? Was it my pushing on him so hard? Was it my tunnel vision? Rogue Shenanigans had best explain this.

Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:28 am

StrangerCoug wrote:
Unvote: Doktor Per
Vote: Rogue Shenanigans

Congratulations, you have started a bandwagon on me for the sole reason that you'd rather I be dead than Dokter Per.

Cephrir, your post stretches the page. I'd ask you to edit, but unfortunately only the mod can do that.
1) I started a bandwagon? I checked I was fourth on it.

2) I had already stated way back that I felt you were pushing the Dok thing in a scummy way.
Rogue Shenanigans
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Rogue Shenanigans
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:29 am

EBWOP:
last i checked i was fourth on it

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”